Digbick

Duelingbook

+scuzzlebutt    23491

believe me i love watching neoreaper4444 get destroyed as much as anyone else but jesus h fuckin popsicle xteven

»Noelle    5848

it's down right now but from playing more lately, it appears the "logging in as random people" thing is fixed. p good site atm, only have 2 real complaints:

1. they should bring back the secondish lag that dn had where if you look at one card and then look at another it doesnt immediately load. the problem with having it immediately load is that if you have to move your cursor to the side of the screen to scroll while reading the card, you can easily hit other cards on the way and make them load instead.

there are two ways to get around this, either moving your cursor at ridic fast speeds or right clicking, but id prefer you didnt have to do either of those and would rather it be like the old site

2. for the love of fucking christ can it be made so the unchangeable default on the homescreen isn't looking at all the zodiac-meets-/po/ tier bottom feeders? it was funny for the first week when it was more innocent but now its just garbage. imagine if on facebook the first thing you had to look at every time you check it is the the most obnoxious zodiac shitposts (going to assume if you're on dgz you're competent enough not to actively follow zodiac.)

just make it so you can change the default to your friends, letting people choose. I assume that was the original intent and what they meant to allow you to do, but it works for absolutely no one.

• Upvote 2

NB96    850

They also need to fix the side decking. So often I'll make a change on the side deck screen, then half my deck disappears and can't make any more adjustments if I change my mind. Really annoying bug.

mark    3105
4 hours ago, muh 100 godzillion said:

it's down right now

At least we're discussing when it's down now, instead of when it's up. 

NB96    850
46 minutes ago, dexer008 said:

Can anyone connect right now?

I checked their Facebook and it seemed like it would be down for a couple weeks.

Me.    57
1 hour ago, NB96 said:

I checked their Facebook and it seemed like it would be down for a couple weeks.

I can't find anything about that on their facebook. Screenshot it?

petqwe    286
8 hours ago, NB96 said:

Glad it isn't down for a couple centuries!

petqwe    286

why the fuck must i doublepost fuck my life

Edited by petqwe

»ACP    33421

Well I guess that has to be a good thing.

Zayelion    97

I'm trying to figure out how a 1-3hr download takes "weeks",...

Export the Databases

Download the Databases

Go to new server, install a real browser

Download applications to make the server run

Run the server applications

Upload source

Run source code....

Help? IDGI.

Edited by Zayelion

Me.    57

From where do people get that this will take weeks? I just can't find it when I look.

Daybreaker    23
5 hours ago, Me. said:

From where do people get that this will take weeks? I just can't find it when I look.

It won't it'll be back on in the next couple of days.

NB96    850

Yeah I'm on right now, the guy on Facebook must have been wrong.

Edited by NB96

Zayelion    97
12 hours ago, SpiceWeasel said:

http://imgur.com/a/Fp9EL

Trying to get back into the swing of meta again, I guess this really is just like DN

Except the owner is socialable with the userbase

»ACP    33421

So after playing a few matches onn DB of both current format and goat format, I really don't like the program in comparison to LackeyDGZ. Now don't get me wrong, for goats, DB is actually fine, and using it doesn't make me want to kill myself. But for current format (for me) it's barely usable. One of the problems is that, during a duel, it's almost impossible to read cards with long text boxes. If you hover over the card, and it has long text, you won't be able to read it all right away; you have to go over to the card window in the upper left corner of the scene and scroll down. But the problem is, on your way over there, you're likely to cross over another card, which will then appear in the card window instead. It's a nightmare. I have to use DB like it's a fucking minefield everytime I want to read a card. Better make sure I dodge all of the other cards in the way as I'm moving over to the upper left. And that's just the worst part. In general, the act of actually moving cards from one place to another takes a lot more time, whereas Lackey just has drag and drop, which makes everything smoother. In the current format, where so many cards are being played and moved around in a single turn, I just don't find DB sufficient. For goat format though, when I'm only touching 2 cards a turn and know what every card already does, it's fine though. I'm not necessarily saying, "Wow why aren't people playing Lackey?" because I know that the program isn't perfect either, but DB just takes way too long to actually play games in the current format, and I feel like we need to find some alternative. I mean last night I had a 2 hour duel with Soul in the current format that probably should've only taken 1 hour on a faster program.

Soul    7942

Yah I was gonna mention, only reason our single game lasted so long was;

1.) We didn't know full effects of a lot of cards

2.) Actually reading them is a pain in the ass. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread to implement intentional/additional latency for when card data is displayed to the user, but I think they should just fix it to a simple click, meaning they only display card info on a card that's been clicked, and doesn't change until another card is clicked/played. 

Also I made the mistake of viewing a bunch of the group chats on this program, and it doesn't let you leave them. You'll continuously get notifications for every group you click on (there's over 100).

Soul    7942

Also idk about anyone else but all my zone card counts (deck, extra, rfg, gy) glitch and display random incorrect numbers at times which makes playing a card like Desires or Grass dangerous/incorrect.

»ACP    33421

It hasn't happened to me yet (or maybe it has, and I never noticed), but other people have told me that it's happened to them.

Ynusgridorh    142
2 hours ago, Soul said:

Also I made the mistake of viewing a bunch of the group chats on this program, and it doesn't let you leave them. You'll continuously get notifications for every group you click on (there's over 100).

H9m0UH5.png

• Upvote 2

petqwe    286
3 hours ago, ACP said:

But the problem is, on your way over there, you're likely to cross over another card, which will then appear in the card window instead.

Right click screen, then move your cursor to card text. Left click the text and scroll.

• Upvote 1

»Noelle    5848

yeah i had the same complaint if you look earlier in the thread allen. i just do the thing petqwe says to get around it, but i wish i didnt have to use circa-2007 addictinggames memes just to play the site