Do you like killing your opponent through Dimensional Barrier, Solemn Strike, and Ghost Ogre? 
Do you like terrible decks with barely any win conditions?

Do you like not having a clear answer when someone asks you, "What are you playing today?" 

If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, this deck might be for you.

Monsters: 21
3 Eater of Millions
3 Gren Maju Da Eiza
1 Gameciel the Sea Turtle Kaiju
3 Kumongous the Sticky String Kaiju
3 Radian the Multidimensional Kaiju
2 Maxx "C"
3 Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries
3 D.D. Crow

Spells:13
3 Pot of Desires
3 Interrupted Kaiju Slumber
3 Allure of Darkness
2 Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
1 Raigeki
1 Upstart Goblin

Traps:6
3 Dimensional Barrier
3 Solemn Strike

Eater of Millions can banish your entire extra deck facedown, giving Gren Maju 6000 attack. Add in a single Pot of Desires and you have a 10000 attack Gren Maju. Random Allures, Ghost Reapers, Crows and Sacred Swords all also grow the Gren a bit. 
Crow is pretty bad against the Zoodiac combo, but it's not a total blank, and it gets pitched to Allure. This deck also can never beat a Fairy Tail Snow without it. 

Pretty much every trap/hand trap that sees play is a blank against you since you're doing everything with plain old orange monsters and continuous effects.

Waterfront might be good, but if I were to go that route I'd want to play more Gameciels, which makes the draw spell package more awkward. 

Another thing worth noting is that these cards might just be better in an Infernoid deck, since you already kinda want to be playing Desires, your extra deck is pretty irrelevant, and Fairy Tail Snow / the Infernoids are more Gren enablers. You can also use Onuncu as your board clear rather than a Kaiju. But that's another decklist for another day.

• Upvote 6

»victor    6400

Wouldn't you play Red Resonator and Horse Prince to bring Gren Maju out?

You can also Shiranui Solitaire and Spectral Sword for Horse Prince.

-------------

Darklords have the best draw engine to dig for Eater.

• Upvote 2

I didn't realize Horse Prince could search Gren. Horse Prince is definitely cool, though there's no level 4s I want to be playing, and it doesn't fit the theme of blanking every trap card in the format. If there was a 1-card way to make it it'd be way more appealing. 

What makes the Darklord engine better than the Kaiju engine for digging? I only briefly read though the cards but I'm not seeing where the synergy is that makes them better.

»victor    6400

The deck can play 3 Allure, 3 Trade In, 3 Pot of Desires, 3 Ixchel, and 3 Banishment, and Upstart, plus the copy effects, so you play 15+ draw cards.

You can discard this card and 1 "Darklord" card; draw 2 cards. During either player's turn: You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 "Darklord" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; apply that target's effect, then shuffle that target into the Deck. You can only use each effect of "Darklord Ixchel" once per turn. You can only Special Summon "Darklord Ixchel(s)" once per turn.

Add 1 "Darklord" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Banishment of the Darklords". You can only activate 1 "Banishment of the Darklords" per turn.

Those are the key ones but you can also play LV 8 Zeratos and Superbias with Contact (Monster Reborn in DEF mode for Darklords), and Advance Draws, for even more drawpower.

The deck typically doesn't have a Normal Summon, which typically has been used for Vanity's Fiend, but also Psi-Blocker, Denko Sekka, others - in this case, that Normal Summon is used for a 6k beater.

This is a Normal Summon that goes in, after Vanity's Fiend or Kristya locks down the field. And your field can't be Slumbered or Kaiju'd.

I mean people thought about the Calculator as the Normal Summon with Superbia + LV > 8, but Gren Maju does better.

--------------

Other benefits include Turbo-ing for Full Force Virus or using that NS on King Tiger Wanghu vs Zoodiacs.

• Upvote 1

+Gojira    1706

I think, even if the darklord engine is better at drawing, you still want a lot of kaijus. The kaiju/slumber duality lets you break any turn 1 board consistently, which is more important.

Yeah, I was trying to fit the darklord stuff in last night but there wasn't space for anything. You need the Kaijus to ever clear a Drident, so the only cuttable cards are the traps, and hand traps, and maybe a couple of the Kaijus. 

dexer008    805

So seeing as this is a otk deck, and you have monster/ field removal down with slumber, shouldn't there maybe some Twin twisters or something to deal with the backrow? Even maybe just cutting 2 traps would probably be good, multiple D Barrier in the opening hand could be problematic, strike maybe also but not as much. 

SpiceWeasel    19

Yeah but what backrow are you trying to twin that your scared of? 

The only backrow being run this format consistently  is strike and barrier, which don't affect this deck in any way. Twin would only be good against the occasional torrential/book which are both one off's, or against the complete random who for some reason runs mirror force cards in 2017

dexer008    805

^and it is that random factor that will make you lose games you otherwise had would have won, which in essence could matter in say a tournament setting. Paleozoic is also still a deck

How many more games will you lose because you're playing Twin Twisters over something else though? Traps let you go first, where Twin Twister is just good on the off chance you play versus a bad deck / paleozoic / get Emptinessed. 

If the deck needs to play Twin Twister, the deck isn't worth even trying to refine. The only reason to even consider a deck like this over Mermail is that you get to totally brick Strike/Barrier. 

»victor    6400

This is a sidenote and besides the point, I think in other decks you would play MBAAS to offensively take out Drident, Ghost Ogre, Slumber, Dark Hole, Raigeki (the cards folks play to beat Vanity's Fiend).

------------------

But on point, you could play Left Arm Offering in here so you can banish your hand + search Desires for even more RFG. I suppose you can banish Necroface as well, and play Gold Sarcs, you have Allures, and so on.

You could also play One Day of Peace.

One benefit of an Goyo Defender like Infernoid deck is you can play Decatron, Pirmais, or Instant Fusion for Restrict, and have Where Arf Thou's to search Eater of Millions.

Scapegoat, Battle Fader, Cyber Valley are interesting as well, but maybe too slow.

Re-cover has super cute synergy with Eater of Millions, but not sure what you'd do with it...

dexer008    805

Well from the structure of the deck ( the fact it uses so many kaiju's and hand traps) and the other fact that eater of millions does nothing but banish to fuel for gren and occasionally banish a monster, nothing in this deck seems like it wants to go first. To me as well 6 traps doens't automatically give you protection against the decks you come across these days, there are multiple ways to play around a single or 2 strike, and some decks have more then one summoning method to bypass D barrier. The hand traps help too I suppose but I'm not sure they could totally stop a push for game, maybe reaper if you're lucky. Wouldn't say battle fader or maybe even gorz be better if your opponent made you go first? Sure they're not amazing cards, but they have more synergy with allure and seven star, and still serve to function to get you to the next turn where you try and go for game. They also make your opponent's s/t removal blank as well, something you said you've been trying exploit with the deck regarding towards meta trends.

------------------------------------------------------------

I'll make a bold statement and say you're probably right about the Twin Twister. I think it does need it, or some other s/t removal, because this deck from surface looks to be a one trick pony. If you banished all your gren's for instance you'd be playing a deck full of cards that rely on your opponent having something to play sans eater of millions (through normally you'd probably summon once for the fuel). Good chance after resolving 1 desires you'll banish 1-2 copies, leaving 1 card as a win condition in your deck, which needs to be normal summoned. As is, the build needs to go another route or as you mentioned in the OP play a bigger deck with more options to play/ continue the duel should you be stopped. I think Victor secretly has a build he plays because he has in several threads now mentioned the fire horse prince, which makes me think he wants us to discover his secret deck and therefore go "beat you to the punch". Regardless of that pointless sentence, running the horse prince route or shiranui zombies with necroface could be another option besides the infernoid deck this deck could go.

Edit: Victor made that post while I made this one, but there you go, more options to consider. 

Edited by dexer008

Obviously this deck isn't going to gun for first, but you'll have the occasional opponent that either wants to go second themselves, or sees what you're trying to do and opts to grab 2nd for games 2/3. I also think you're underestimating exactly how much difficult even something as simple as Slumber + a trap card can be for Zoodiac, it easily can buy another turn if you don't have combo. 

I don't think the list in the OP is even remotely playable, it's a cool gimmick that needs pretty serious refinement to be worthwhile. I was pretty sure even as I was writing up the initial list than an Infernoid build would probably just be better, though I'm even less sure of where to start with that, just finding playable ratios for a deck like that is so much more difficult than just jamming Kaijus and traps together and hoping it works. 

3 Decatron

3 Pirmas

3 Eater of Millions

3 Gren Maju Da Ezia

2 Ononcu

2 Deviati

3 Harmadik

3 Snow

2 Maxx "C"

1 lv6(?) Infernoid who banishes when he attacks a guy

3 Void RotA

2 Where Arf Thou

3 Pot of Desires

1 Reasoning

1 Gate

1 One for One

2 Instant Fusion

1 Void Trap

3 Dimensional Barrier

idk how many cards that is, idk if it wants to go to 60 cards, and idk if it wants to turn on opposing Strikes/Barriers by playing a Zoo package. This list doesn't look anywhere near as presentable as the list in OP, but it's probably better. 

mark    3105

I have no idea what this deck does the 50%+ of the time you don't draw Gren Maju, not to mention when you do but don't draw Desires, also how this deck actually makes the attacks go through because I only see Kaiju's - so if your opponent has a problem monster + drancia this deck does literally nothing. A Horse Prince engine like victor suggested would be necessary but then the 2nd problem arrives which is you're now playing a 4-card combo (2 for Horse + Desires + Kaiju) that's still vulnerable as shit. Sorry I don't get this deck and I don't get why you're mixing traps, hand traps and kaiju's together either, which causes the problem of not knowing whether this deck wants to go first or second. Going second I don't think it beats good boards because Kaiju's only out 1 card, but most good field have more than that so you need an actual engine to deal with the rest. 

mark    3105

I'd rather play some kind of Barrier Stun deck + Gren Maju with maybe Mage Power/United we Stand as beatdown options, given how they inherently out Kaiju's etc. 

1 hour ago, vig=scum said:

I have no idea what this deck does the 50%+ of the time you don't draw Gren Maju, not to mention when you do but don't draw Desires, also how this deck actually makes the attacks go through because I only see Kaiju's - so if your opponent has a problem monster + drancia this deck does literally nothing. A Horse Prince engine like victor suggested would be necessary but then the 2nd problem arrives which is you're now playing a 4-card combo (2 for Horse + Desires + Kaiju) that's still vulnerable as shit. Sorry I don't get this deck and I don't get why you're mixing traps, hand traps and kaiju's together either, which causes the problem of not knowing whether this deck wants to go first or second. Going second I don't think it beats good boards because Kaiju's only out 1 card, but most good field have more than that so you need an actual engine to deal with the rest. 

It doesn't do anything the 50% of the time you don't have Gren, correct. It's a greedy list to test the engine and it obviously doesn't work consistently. The draw spells were a way to see if you could make the combo consistent enough if you just jam the bare minimum combo cards and make the rest of the deck interaction. Answering static boards wasn't the hard part in the few games I tested the deck earlier tonight, the issue was that fields like Fullmetal fusion and a Drident were unbeatable, since even after a Raigeki / Slumber they had a follow up to break up the combo.

Putting aside how bad the deck in OP is though, I think you're having the same misunderstanding of how Kaijus and trap cards synergise that I was when I first learning the Zoodiac deck, and wanted to play more hand traps instead of Strikes to make going 2nd better. Slumber not only resetting the board, but putting you ahead on board makes going 2nd with traps really powerful. It obviously depends on how good traps are in general, since vs. Infernoid or the triple Counter Metalfoe deck traps in general don't look very appealing, but if you think traps are good, going 2nd with Slumber and traps isn't much worse than going first with traps. 

Barrier stun is definitely another direction this deck could go, though that one probably doesn't get to abuse the synergy with Eater of Millions so it'd be a different deck entirely. 

dexer008    805

If there was some way to stop yourself decking out, you could also abuse eater of millions with soul absoprtion like people first opted with desires. Then you could just stall on life points till your opponent decked out or till time. D.D. Dynamite also gets a boost with Eater of millions and could be the back up plan to gren not getting enough damage through to finish the opponent off. 

D.D. Dynamite only counts your opponent's removed cards. If it counted your own I'd be FTKing people rather than trying to do shitty OTKs with Gren.

mark    3105

I get that clearing fields + having traps isn't terrible but it requires drawing Slumber/Raigeki (which you play only 4 of, no Dark Holes) + the traps, and probably also some kind of 'play', since clearing the field+setting traps on a empty board doesn't do much. This entire idea needs an 'engine', be it Infernoid, Vanity's Fiend, anything that actually threatens your opponent until you have the Gren Maju's for game. 

+Gojira    1706

if you want a 1 card way to summon horse prince, why not actually run the fire fist cards?

3 Tenki

1 Tensu

1 leopard

1 spirit

gives you 4 shots at a 1-card horse prince

»victor    6400

I think the Red Resonator Caribou Rooster interaction is pretty strong on its own.

See http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=4372

But the deck gets even better because LV 6 Synchros + LV 2 Tuners is Crystal Wing nowadays.

(Shiranui Spectralsword is another LV 2 FIRE Tuner), and they have a lot of cool Gold Sarc interactions as well.

---------------

But the best part about Fire Fists is not Horse Prince but rather how Cattle Call lets you go into Broadbull and Drident.

So dead FFs have value now. And Painful Escape lets you search, setup, and reuse Wolfbarks for 1 card XYZ.

300?cb=20160506080718

Kanapesh    99

I think Infernoid's the way to go. Lets you flip boards going second even without much Kaiju, and you can still run Resonators and any cool level 4 to make Horse Prince with.