herbie ✌

Aleister the Invoker

herbie ✌    1340

Aleister the Invoker
DARK
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect
During either player's turn: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 Fusion Monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK and DEF until the end of this turn. If this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: You can add 1 "Invocation" from your Deck to your hand.
ATK/1000 DEF/1800

Haven't played too much recently but this card is really a standout for me, I just can't decide if he is actually that good or not. 

Really the engine could work off 3 Aleistar, 1-3 Reckless (and Terraformings) and 1-3 Invocation on the minimal end which originally peaked my interest but een then the extra deck commitment is pretty huge.
Obviously stuff like Terraforming and Allure would be options, Gold Sarc as well but less so, Ive tried a couple DARK engines and even a Chaos deck however Id say they werent that impressive compared to current Archetypes so was kind of curious if these cards had popped up on anyone else's radar.

I had a big post originally but I havent posted a topic on here for like a year so adding images/spoilers/etc is a little different. Ill add all the relevant card images and thought regarding them when I next edit this.

Edited by herbie ✌

+mmf    23486

i am not so optimistic for this deck in the tcg :(

you're the 2 card combo deck in a 1 card combo deck format and i dont think mechaba and raidjin alone are a big enough payoff to justify it

mark    3105

spoiler is

[SPOILER ]

[/SPOILER ]

without spaces 

Images is just copy paste I assume

• Upvote 1

Me.    59

Images are: Insert other media -> inser image from url

436f8d4fda996f2e52989e9212354e82.png

herbie ✌    1340

Yeah I did that, its how it always was. I guess I just missed something.
And yeah 

i never used to use the insert media button id just type img which didnt seem to work although I did use the minimised images from wikia which always seem to be a flip of the coin if it actually let me use them or not.

Really it was just images of the fusions for those who werent aware of them.
I did touch on King of the Swamp/Polymerisation aswell although I did neglect to mention one thing which just popped into my head.
You dont even need to run Aleistar as the fusions specify him as a material so you could actually just run some sort of KotS/Poly engine as options although the main reason I didnt consider this was because I liked being able to banish with the Invocation fusion spell to mitigate the cost of fusing.
However in a deck like Metalfoes for example you can make Merkabah(Archfiend/Luster Pend) or Raideen (Majespecters) along with you opening play or Purgatorio (Metalfoes) as a beatstick with piercing to end games.
Honestly fusing these days usually involves "cheating" materials into play or just involve a way to get around the steep requirement so obviously its hard to compete playing this way.

+Gemstone Mine    2596

aleisetar is mandatory. The only real thing going for this deck is how powerful the wind fusion is in terms of disruption and how much recursion the deck has, make wind fusion -> recycle aliestar + invocation is difficult to overcome if you don't get straight up blown out, it outgrinds most everything else in the format.

»victor    6400
21 minutes ago, Gemstone Mine said:

aleisetar is mandatory. The only real thing going for this deck is how powerful the wind fusion is in terms of disruption and how much recursion the deck has, make wind fusion -> recycle aliestar + invocation is difficult to overcome if you don't get straight up blown out, it outgrinds most everything else in the format.

The other thing the deck has going for it, is how Wonder Wand dumps Invoker in grave, and empties the field.

Invoker doesn't mind being in grave where it can be used, and you've made Wind Witches live, to make a 1 card Crystal Wing that is immune to destruction.

You can play Gozen Match, and your opponent can't give you a Kaiju unless it's the WIND one

Other factors to consider is Invoker is DARK and Wind Witches are WIND, so you can play Dark Simorgh and potentially shut out Paleozoics.

»Satchmo    3220
18 hours ago, herbie ✌ said:

although I did use the minimised images from wikia which always seem to be a flip of the coin if it actually let me use them or not.

image from the wiki always have an aditional extention to them

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/6/64/AleistertheInvoker-FUEN-EN-SR-1E.png/revision/latest?cb=20170223194607

so the text will look like this when we want it to look like this

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/6/64/AleistertheInvoker-FUEN-EN-SR-1E.png

• Upvote 1