Sophocles

Matrix 6 Mafia Sign-ups

+Sophocles    3075

PSA: JC and I will run 2 small games simultaneously. You can only sign up for one to prevent the two games interfering with eachother. If you prefer a closed setup or don't like playing vanilla town, wait for his sign-ups to open.

Matrix 6 is a well-known setup from Mafiascum. It features 9 players with 2 scum.

The game is semi-open: There are 6 possible setups, either a row or column from the following table:

A B C
1 Town Jailkeeper Vanilla Townie Mafia Goon
2 Mafia Roleblocker Town Cop Town Doctor
3 1-shot Bulletproof Townie Mafia Goon Town Tracker

I'll randomly select either a row or a column from this table, add 5 Vanilla Town and 1 Mafia Goon, and distribute the roles between the players.

Full Claiming is allowed.

Players flip on death.

Mafia players must choose who carries out the night kill. (So they can be tracked and Jailkeeper can stop the NK if he imprisons the killer)

Players:

1. Tyranno

2. Jazz

3. Faint

4. Wunterslaus

5. Frogman

6. Nelrick

7. Malcolm

8. PSK

9. Kahu

• Upvote 5

»Logic    2033
3 hours ago, Sophocles said:

I'll take suggestions for flavor. Remember i'm not the greatest at it

Woodland creatures vs demogourgon and ted nugent.

Not in.

• Upvote 1

+scuzzlebutt    23486

in

• Upvote 2

Faint    5854
22 minutes ago, mmf said:

in

Sarcasm?

If not thats awesome

Jazz    5327
34 minutes ago, Faint said:

Sarcasm?

If not thats awesome

I don't think it's sarcasm. Very happy to have you frogster!

»JC.    4973

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air flavour

+Sophocles    3075

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
I have only five usernames
While I need nine
I'll tell you how my matrix six game went down in flames

• Upvote 5

Solstice    389
10 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
I have only five usernames
While I need nine
I'll tell you how my matrix six game went down in flames

I'd have joined if I could, but rules say I can only do one or the other.  Sorry.  Have you tried tagging or messaging some of the other mafia players that aren't already signed up for either game?  I don't think kahu, zero passion, nelrick,  felwinter, antag, beast, PSK or gemstone have signed up for either one. If you get even half of them your game will be full.   

The_Be(a)sT    967
1 hour ago, Solstice said:

I'd have joined if I could, but rules say I can only do one or the other.  Sorry.  Have you tried tagging or messaging some of the other mafia players that aren't already signed up for either game?  I don't think kahu, zero passion, nelrick,  felwinter, antag, beast, PSK or gemstone have signed up for either one. If you get even half of them your game will be full.   

I'm pretty sure all of them know of this and would have signed up if they wanted/had time. You could try juan tho.

On the other hand, if you ask me, I don't see a point in not letting others play in both games. You will probably gain more activity and will have much better game if you let play those who want to play rather than if you manage to persuade someone who did not intend to play.

yeah, I don't have the time or inclination to play rn

I don't see the problem of letting people sign up for both as long as the host has the final say in whether they can play in both

Jazz    5327
1 hour ago, Faint said:

hos jazz

Fuck me I'm getting scum read in the fucking sign up thread

• Upvote 1

Flacko    2143
On 3/8/2017 at 6:30 PM, Sophocles said:

You can only sign up for one to prevent the two games interfering with eachother.

The issue keeping your from playing is here. Obviously a couple people are willing to play two games at once, including myself.

If you really need to deal with interference, I suggest multi accounts and making this an anonymous game. 

mark    3105

Honestly, there were a lot of reasons why people mentioned Witchhunt in D&D, which is very different from these games:

- Both games were long, these games will be smaller and shorter
- They didn't start at the same time, and almost the entire playerbase played both, and didn't pay attention to the other game anymore at all

- Some people thought or assumed Witchhunt was finished or close to finished already

- One game features multi's, meaning you can't even refer to other's peoples play even if you wanted to, unless if you wait till they flip etc 

Now it's not up to me of course, but I think if we specifically ask a few players to play both games, make it clear that you can't talk about the other game etc, then I think that should be possible. We're talking about maybe 2-3 players here in 2 games that are already announced to be at the same time, etc. It should be possible just as much as no-claim games aren't actually possible; but we're still doing them and they still 'work' to some extend anyway. Just my 2 cents here.

• Upvote 1

Flacko    2143

The ways the games went were like this

"Oh this person's alignment was this in this game"

You can remove this issue by making it to where the people in this game would be multis and it wouldn't be revealed that they are multis until the other game is finished. At least the players who are playing in JC's game can be multis in this game.

mark    3105

This can be done way easier. Flip people's roles but not their screenname in JC's game, and don't have them go to mafia spectator channel either. You don't need multi's in this game, there's nothing to refer to if people don't know who is who in JC's game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+Sophocles    3075

Eh, I'm not going to change my mind for various reasons but i don't see the point in having a drawn-out discussion about it. Maybe if it were 1-2 players instead of 4.

There's a bit of a dip in our playerbase 'cause a lot of people are saying they're busy right now, so it's not terrible if this doesn't make it. A slowdown wouldn't hurt.

I could try running One Night Ultimate Werewolf on the forums instead, I think that can be done.