Sign in to follow this  
mark

Burn Strategy Discussion

+mark    2861

This thread will serve all Burn deck discussion (for PvP / tournament etc. purposes, not for beating Ai). A more throrough guide will be added within a few days, but for now we can use this to discuss anything about the deck.

There are multiple types of Burn decks, the main ones being used currently are:

Stall burn

Stall burn combines defensive strategies with continuous effect that will deal burn damage over a long period of time: Mask of Accursed is symbolic for this kind of deck, since it serves both purposes at the same time: it prevents your opponent's monster from attacking, while it also deals 500 damage during each of your turns. 

Parasite Skill

Cocoon of Evolution

Big Shield Gardna

Mask of the Accursed

Burning Land

Tea Turbo burn
The Tea build uses the skill 'Standbye draw', and combines it with cards such as 'Cup of Ace' and 'Card of Sanctity' to fill your hand with burncards as soon as possible. To make up for your opponent drawing cards as well, they play 'Restruction Revolution', which can deal around 1400 damage quite easily. It can potentially finish your opponent within 1 or 2 turns, depening on your draws, whether you go first or second, and your Cup of Ace flips. When going second, your Restruction Revolution will be a lot weaker, since your opponent has probably set all his Spell and Trap cards so he may only have 1 or 2 cards left in hand.

Joey Turbo burn

• Upvote 2

Inti    50

Whoa I am surprised no one has commented on this and since I finally got my 3rd Card of Sanctity I can now build a constant Tea Turbo Burn

Monsters:4

1x Big Shield Gardna (only have 1)

1x Cobra jar

1x Flash Assailant (Very good suggestion Mark)

1x GK Curse

Spells:14

2x Burning Land (Will add a 3rd one once I get it)

3x Card of Sanctity 

3x Cup of Ace

3x Goblin Thief 

3x Restructer Revolution 

Traps:2

1x Attack and Receive 

1x Windstorm of Etaqua 

Cards I am thinking of trying

Inaba White Rabbit (May not need it due to Attack and Receive)

Lady of Assailant of Flames (Haven't tried due to it being in the Chaotic Pack)

Cards I tried

Needle Ball (I don't why people use this card if you have 2000 lp its dead, very situational, and losses to Order To Charge and Relinquished)

+mark    2861

Lady of Assailant is definitely playable and better than GK curse outside of sanctity shenanigans. That said Burning Land should already covers that. I think you can afford to run 3 copies. 

Inti    50
On 4/21/2017 at 0:58 PM, mark said:

Lady of Assailant is definitely playable and better than GK curse outside of sanctity shenanigans. That said Burning Land should already covers that. I think you can afford to run 3 copies. 

Well I finally got my 3rd copy of Burning Land and I am thinking of taking out GK Curse for it or maybe Attack and Receive. 

Recently acquired Weevil's "Parasite Infestation" skill and set about building a Parasite Burn deck.  Not much to look at right now, though.  I'm wondering if I shouldn't include my one copy of Parasite Paracide, though.

Deck: 20

Skill: Parasite Infestation

Monsters: 10

2x Sphere Kuriboh

1x Pumprincess the Princess of Ghosts

1x Yomi Ship

1x 4-Starred Ladybug of Doom

1x Cocoon of Evolution

3x Gyaku-Gire Panda

1x Inaba White Rabbit

Spells: 10

1x Half Shut

2x Enemy Controller

1x Burning Land

3x Mask of the Accursed

3x Jade Insect Whistle

Edited by Starlight Warrior

Inti    50

I did use it when I first started off but I found the deck to better off without Parasite mained and rarely pulled off unless I used  Econ, windstorm, or A Feint Plan. As for your build I would say add a Windstorm of Etaqua, 1-2x Copies of Burning Land, and maybe 0-1 Mirror Wall. I am not a big fan of whistle since they can be dead in hand if the op only has one parasite or the op fishes them out with Switcheroo. 

• Upvote 2

Faint    5417
On 4/26/2017 at 1:35 AM, Starlight Warrior said:

Recently acquired Weevil's "Parasite Infestation" skill and set about building a Parasite Burn deck.  Not much to look at right now, though.  I'm wondering if I shouldn't include my one copy of Parasite Paracide, though.

Deck: 20

Skill: Parasite Infestation

Monsters: 10

2x Sphere Kuriboh

1x Pumprincess the Princess of Ghosts

1x Yomi Ship

1x 4-Starred Ladybug of Doom

1x Cocoon of Evolution

3x Gyaku-Gire Panda

1x Inaba White Rabbit

Spells: 10

1x Half Shut

2x Enemy Controller

1x Burning Land

3x Mask of the Accursed

3x Jade Insect Whistle

Burning land at 2/3 for sure

Have Burning Land at two now that I actually HAVE two.  Also managed to max out on Cocoons.

+mark    2861

At some point Gearfried will start to catch on which is the best counter to Accursed

but even then its not terrible as you can equip it to Parasite or another monster anyway

also I think Big Shield Garnda + Windstorm + Magical Arm Shield + Lady of Assailant Flames + Cobra Jar in Tea Burn (with 3x Burning Land, maybe Attack and Receive as well idk) could be the nuts 

By setting monsters you block damage and burn at the same time. After them attacking Gardna once, you Arm Shield/Windstorm on the 2nd attack to seal the game

Burning Land finishes the game while your monsters stall, and you have to play less crappy burn cards so you can draw into Cup of Ace + Restruct etc. eventually

maybe goblin thieves, maybe card of sanctities, I think that could be insane

• Upvote 1

Inti    50

My attempt at Parasite Stall Burn again which I think got a significant boost from Lava Golem. 

Skill:Parasite Infestation 

Monsters:

1x Cobra Jar 

3x Doomdog Octhros 

2x Iron Blacksmith Kotetsu 

1x Lava Golem

3x Sphere Kuriboh 

1x Tour Bus To The Forbidden Realm (maybe might take out though I do want to Lava as soon as possible to put pressure on the op)

Spells:8

2x Burning Land 

3x Enemy Controller

3x Mask of The Accursed 

Trap:1

1x Windstorm of Etaqua 

Other cards I considered adding

Jade Insect Whistle (would only use 1)

A Feint Plan

Curse of Anubis 

Pros:

-Forces The OP to play with one monster at a time until you use Mask on their monster or get a Parasite on their field.

Cons:

-The op can use tribute to the doomed on your Lava Golem so be wary of using Mask on it unless you have to.

-They can tribute Lava Golem for another monster though not many decks play tributes outside of Naturias and Gravekeepers. 

Conspire    2386

Tried out your list but had to make some adjustments because I only have 1 Kuriboh and 2 Masks.  So I went -2 Kuriboh, -1 Mask, +1 Dark Necrofear, +1 Curse of Anubis, +1 Blast held by a Tribute.

Admittedly I put in the Blast because I thought it would work with Lava Golem.  It doesn't, but it's actually been live every time I've drawn it so I haven't taken it out.  Naturia, zombie, red-eyes, dragons, all these guys play tribute monsters and they play around your mask/golem by tributing.

Curse of Anubis has been predictably solid.  Just watch out you don't use it while a gemini is treated as a normal monster.

Dark Necrofear hasn't actually come into play yet but I think it's worth noting it can be special summoned on the same turn you play Lava Golem and gives your deck another possible way to win if they out your stuff.  I would play a third mask if I had it though.

I think I've gone 6-2 with it so far and moved to Plat 2.  My promotion game was against a 3DS deck who played Solemn Wishes and Supremacy Berry but I pulled it off with a huge Blast Held by a Tribute.

• Upvote 1