mark

Relinquished Strategy Discussion (outdated)

Grimey    8228
1 hour ago, mark said:

I do think Dimensional Alchemist is the underrated nuts in this deck because searching Sphere Kuriboh and Senju/Bird is outright broken as fuck. 

I promise not everything I say is stupid. 

Dimensional Alchemist has been a stapled in my Relinquished since Valkyre pack dropped. So much value. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Farester said:

The discrepancy with Skill Drain you allude to is probably regarding Crystal Beasts and Kristya but the reason they're ruled differently is because Kristya is not optional to apply whereas CB's are but yeah that's another thread.

Not quite sure how that makes a difference.  I'll see if anyone else is discussing this elsewhere.

Grimey    8228

I'm removing Thunder Dragon from my deck because I've played against 3 people with 30 card decks who wiped my board with Blast Held by Tribute

I've actually gone insane 

• Upvote 3

Alright, so, I've picked the deck back up now that we've got 3x Relinquished.  This is what I'm running and it seems to have moderate success.  Can't really do much in the way of improving the Relinquished engine since I wasn't able to get a third Bird or Kuriboh.  I also don't own a third Senju, and don't see the need to go after one.  I DO have Twin-Barrel Dragon and Dimensional Alchemist.  Barrel's a bit unreliable because of it's low DEF and it's 25% success rate.  It's also a Machine-Type which is weak against Mako decks and gains nothing from Power of Dark decks, unlike the Fiend-Type Diskblade Rider.  As for Dimensional Alchemist, I've had very little good experience with self-milling cards, on this game or IRL.  I honestly don't think it's worth running.

Character: Bandit Keith

Skill: Switcheroo

Deck: 21

Monsters: 12

3x Relinquished

2x Sonic Bird

2x Senju of the Thousand Hands

2x Sphere Kuriboh

1x Sergeant Electro

1x Diskblade Rider

1x Jerry Beans Man

Spells: 6

1x Twister

2x Enemy Controller

3x Black Illusion Ritual

Traps: 3

1x Mirror Wall

1x Wild Tornado

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

Inti    129

After taking Mark's and Silver's advice on taking out Windstorm and adding a 2nd Birdface to boost consistency this is what my Harpie Relinquished deck has been performing bit better surprisingly. The mirror or facing pure Harpie ladies are as always a pain unless they are using a terrible build or I outplay them.

Monsters: 14

2x Birdface (considering adding a 3rd one) 

1x Harpie Lady #1

1x Harpie Lady #2

1x Harpie Lady #3

3x Relinquished 

2x Senju 

2x Sonic Bird

2x Sphere Kuriboh 

Spells:6

3x Black Illusion Ritual

3x Enemy Controller 

Edited by Inti
  • Upvote 1

I think my deck's got it's mojo back!  Don't know what I'm gonna do after the 23rd, though.  Switcheroo is gonna get nerfed and I'm pretty sure it's going to be useless afterwards.

Deck: 20

Skill: Switcheroo

Monsters: 13

3x Relinquished

2x Sonic Bird

2x Senju of the Thousand Hands

2x Sphere Kuriboh

3x Thunder Dragon

1x Sergeant Electro

Spells: 7

2x Twister

2x Enemy Controller

3x Black Illusion Ritual

For some reason, the frequency of opening pieces and corresponding searchers- e.g.  Senju and Relinquished- seems to have dropped somewhat, or at least the impact on future turns has minimized.  What's more, the Thunder Dragon engine has really helped in thinning my deck as much as possible, as was it's intention from the beginning.  Call me crazy, but I think my deck missed these guys!  With a third Relinquished in the deck, I can simply use the final Thunder Dragon as a Tribute if needed.

Still only have 2x Controller since Kaiba was being just as big a cheapskate as Yugi-boy.  But I've had a playset of Twisters for a while now.  Two seems to be the right number at the moment.  Opening even just one against Harpie decks is a godsend.  I bluff with it, they fall for it, pop goes the Hunting Ground.

Mirror Wall and Windstorm of Etaqua were the best possible Traps to use in this deck, but the deck almost always seemed to trip over itself whenever I ran them.  And what's sad is that those two cards were never even around when it happened.  I don't think I have anything nearly as versatile as everything else in here, so I've just scrapped Traps entirely.  The deck seems to like this.

Something else I've been doing involves searching.  If I draw a Senju or Bird and all three of its targets are still in the deck, I go for the middle one.  If only 2 targets, I go for the rightmost one.  Something something better shuffling, methinks.  I don't have any solid evidence for this, nor do I have the know-how to explain it properly anyway, but that's what my instincts tell me to do.  All I can really say for certain is that it has to do with the physical locations of each card in the deck.  I know from Destiny Draw decks that the game doesn't just show you the cards in random order, but it shows them in the order of location in deck, in order from top to bottom, going from the left.  It seems to be working.

New puzzle is up.  Ugh... I've solved harder puzzles in Silent Hill on Easy.

• Upvote 2

Inti    129

After analyzing the new Dawn of Destiny set I noticed a card everyone has been overlooking a bit that gives this deck a bit of a boost and that card is Magical Exemplar. Basically everything a spell is activated it gains 2 spell counters and you can special summon a spellcaster from the the grave or hand by removing a spell counter equal to that monster's level.  It is basically a instant Relinquished Revival card that helps deal with those annoying counters Relinquished manly OTC. This is my idea of a Exemplar build

Skill:Restart 

Monsters:12

2x Senju

2x Sonic Bird 

3x Sphere Kuriboh 

2x Magical Exemplar (Maybe considering adding a 3rd one) 

2x Relinquished 

Spells:9

2x Black Illusion Ritual

3x Enemy Controller

1x Super Rush Headlong

1x Tribute To The Doomed (Might replace for another Super Rush)

2x Twister

• Upvote 3

IRLAlex    117

Christ. I knew Exemplar was good but sounds like a goddamn pain with Relinquished.

• Upvote 2

....wow, man.  I may actually go back to Relinquished because of this.

• Upvote 1

Inti    129

I updated my Relinquished Exemplar deck after getting 3x Super Rush Headlong and 2x Magical Exemplar. I been playing this and Hammer Shark in pvp (mostly Hammer since I keep encountering Toons) and when I have tested so far its been decent with the only really bad match ups being Toon Kingdom (Unless I open up with Twister going first), Mill decks,Hammer Shark (Only due to Lost Blue Breaker and back row can be a pain to deal with), and other random troll decks. 

Skill:Restart

Monsters:12

2x Heavy Knight of The Flame (Going first its really good against Red Eyes and other special summon decks)

2x Magical Exemplar 

2x Relinquished

2x Senju

2x Sonic Bird

2x Sphere Kuriboh 

Spells:8

2x Black Illusion Ritual

2x Enemy Controller

3x Super Rush Headlong

1x Twister 

Edited by Inti

+mark    3105

Aren't Sphere Kuriboh / Enemy Controller powercreeped yet? There's a bunch of monster removal s/t out there that may be way more effective than simply switching a monster to defense mode.

Inti    129
5 hours ago, mark said:

Aren't Sphere Kuriboh / Enemy Controller powercreeped yet? There's a bunch of monster removal s/t out there that may be way more effective than simply switching a monster to defense mode.

There isn't any good replacements for Econ besides Super Rush which I already run 3x of and even so gives spell counters to Exemplar I maybe thought about taking out a sphere for a Econ and maybe thought about trying a mirror wall.

knives1990    336

Enemy controller is still solid mark. Imo that, super rush, and mirror wall are the best traps and econ is the best card at countering super rush since if both players have super rush, the attacking monster wins 

+mark    3105

this deck is pretty fucking good with treeborn angmarl soul exchange

• Upvote 1

Inti    129

My current Relinquished deck I been experimenting a bit with and considering adding Treeborn Frog and Relinkuriboh once I get them.

Skill: Restart/Switcheroo

Monsters:11

2x Relinquished

2x Senju

3x Serene Psychic Witch 

2x Sonic Bird 

2x Sphere Kuriboh (Considering adding a 3rd one)

Spells:9

2x Black Illusion 

2x Enemy Controller

2x Psychokinesis

3x Super Rush

• Upvote 1

Inti    129

A new Relinquished deck built by DL Meta it looks really good and I do like the Destiny Draw+Lava interaction of the deck.

• Upvote 1