Sign in to follow this  
mark

Other Decks Strategy Discussion (outdated)

I have a new idea for the Handless Balance deck.  In theory, it should work.  What do you guys think of this?

Deck: 20

Skill: Balance

Monsters: 5

1x Swift Gaia the First Knight

3x Flash Assailant

1x [Monster] (I recommend Heavy Knight of the Flame)

Spells: 10 (EXACTLY)

3x Double Summon

3x Card of the Soul

2-3x Gateway to Chaos

1-2x [Spell Card] (Depends on how many Gateways you own/run)

Traps: 5 (EXACTLY)

2-3x Dimension Gate

1-2x Wild Tornado

0-1x [Trap Card]

With this formula, you open with 1x monster, 2x Spells, 1x Trap.  You're guaranteed a monster on the first turn, you have a good chance of getting out a second on Turn 1 or 2, and there's a good chance of going full power by your second turn.

• Upvote 1

+mark    3105

I think double summon is terrible for obv reasons (you open 1 monster and next turn you flip the spell to add and summon the 2nd?)

eliminating the league is potentially the best card of the deck, as are tribute to the doomed, and super rush headlong

wild tornado without storm seems useless and storm is needed regardless. The great thing about eliminating is that it makes dead storm/gateway/card of souls live

not sure about 3 card of Soul though, may be ok as a 1-2 off

+mark    3105

Monster removal is just strong cause it empties your hand, gets rid of any threat, makes fast kills possible, protects  your monsters, plays around mirror wall. Just the strongest cards in the game right now so if you have them there's no reason not to play them at all 

• Upvote 2

Still trying to get just one Super Rush, though.  It's being stubborn.

• Upvote 1

Faint    5723
On 7/18/2017 at 9:46 PM, Starlight Warrior said:

Still trying to get just one Super Rush, though.  It's being stubborn.

Yeah dude I'm trying to get my 2nd, it's my second go through the box and I have 20 packs left with super rush still nowhere in site

at least it's not like trying to get the 2nd mirror wall, that was painful as fuck  (last 10 packs of neo impact BOTH TIMES)

• Upvote 1

Inti    129

After getting my hands on 3 Anti Magic Arrows I decided to experiment and build a more aggressive Naturia 

Skill:Beatdown

Monsters:11

3x Hydrangeas 

2x Marron 

3x Pumpkin 

3x Stag Beetle 

Spells:9

3x Anti-Magic Arrows 

3x Enemy Controller (To steal a face up monster before the bp so you can OTK or incase your attack is stopped by a Sphere Kuriboh)

3x Magical Mallet 

Strategy:

Going first you want to open up with a Marron to dump a Stag Beetle in the grave due to the fact you can revive it with another Stag Beetle incase the op activates a monster effect and to tin the deck in the process. 

Going second the best opening hand (assuming the op summons a monster) is Pumpkin with a Stag Beetle and atleast a Hydrangea with Anti Magic Arrows. If the op does not summon a monster you want to open up Marron with 2x Hydrangeas and Anti Magic Arrow. The only thing that can stop this OTK is Sphere Kuriboh, Yomi Ship,Toon Kingdom, etc

OTK Damage Calculations 

1x Stag Beetle (2800)+Hydrangeas(2500)=5300 

2x Hydrangeas (2500+2500)+Marron (1800)=6800

The Major weakness of this deck is you really heavily on having specific cards in hand which Magical Mallet helps with and it loses very easily to Toon Kingdom and Mill unless you get really lucky. Going first sucks outside of thining the deck with Marron and setting up a Stag Beetle play also if these short of decks catches on the op can just remember to set their toggle on to activate Super Rush,Econ,OTC or something else before the bp to prevent you from otking. 

• Upvote 1

knives1990    336

Naturias are really good at putting massive damage on board and I think the magic arrows goes extremely well with the deck, maybe even the best deck for the card atm. Having consistency for your winning hands does seem good, but you need the Beatdown skill so restart/balance is out of the question yet I don't really like mallet.

I think that while you want to assemble that hand, mallet is going to make going 1st a lot worse than it already is, and even when you go 2nd and have it, it's still a -1 that never guarantees anything. I think you have said you don't have the super rushes, though they would be so much better than econ when you get them obviously. Assuming you didn't have the super rushes, I would still go with mirror walls over mallets. Atm the best "traps" are super rush and mirror wall. It's a solid deck idea and I plan to try this out when I get 3 arrows.

an idea I've been theorying on since it came out was a deck revolving around mausoleum of the emperor. I was thinking it could be the new 3SD type of deck, where I was running dark freeds and friends with the same type of idea as 3SD. I haven't even put together a basic starting deck for it yet though, and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions as to make it consistent. The skill could be restart but beatdown might be better if I plan to control multiple 5 or highers

• Upvote 1

dexer008    861
17 hours ago, knives1990 said:

Naturias are really good at putting massive damage on board and I think the magic arrows goes extremely well with the deck, maybe even the best deck for the card atm. Having consistency for your winning hands does seem good, but you need the Beatdown skill so restart/balance is out of the question yet I don't really like mallet.

I think that while you want to assemble that hand, mallet is going to make going 1st a lot worse than it already is, and even when you go 2nd and have it, it's still a -1 that never guarantees anything. I think you have said you don't have the super rushes, though they would be so much better than econ when you get them obviously. Assuming you didn't have the super rushes, I would still go with mirror walls over mallets. Atm the best "traps" are super rush and mirror wall. It's a solid deck idea and I plan to try this out when I get 3 arrows.

an idea I've been theorying on since it came out was a deck revolving around mausoleum of the emperor. I was thinking it could be the new 3SD type of deck, where I was running dark freeds and friends with the same type of idea as 3SD. I haven't even put together a basic starting deck for it yet though, and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions as to make it consistent. The skill could be restart but beatdown might be better if I plan to control multiple 5 or highers

I know mausoleum fairies with guardian jone is a thing, so you could probably base something on that. There's also to go with your freed idea, feast of the wilds Lv5, with normal freeds and that other lv5 warrior. Maybe dragon beatdown with watttail and blue-eyes with the trap that summons things from the hand and grave, a serious problem can be opening multiple tributes in that kind of deck, and mausoleum can fix that (even though kaibaman blue-eyes probably is better). 

• Upvote 1

Inti    129
On 7/23/2017 at 3:39 PM, knives1990 said:

Well thats why I am running Magical Mallet since you can't run Restart or Balance for consistency and I only tested the deck a bit.  I only have One Super Rush and plant to get a 2nd one maybe a 3rd one to. I only have Mirror Force and if possible rather not have to go for 2nd one.

I been working on two septette Mausoleum decks A fiend deck that uses Archfiend Empress/Invader of Darkness with Destiny Draw or LP 1000 and a Fairy Smile build with Airknight/Joan. The main problems/weakness of Mausoleum is you don't open it sooner it sucks and the op can use it against you. While discussing Mausoleum with Mark he made a point saying the best possible use of Mausoleum is to use it as a finisher with Invader of Darkness.

• Upvote 1

Inti    129

After I finally got my 3rd Phoenix I decided to build a Fire King Phoenix deck.

Skill:Restart

3x Fire King Yaksha 

2x Hand of Nephthys (considering adding a 3rd one once I get a 3rd Soul Exchange)

3x Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys 

3x Sphere Kuriboh 

Spells:7

2x Card of Soul (Instant staple if you are not using Hand/Soul Exchange since it instally searches Phoenix considering removing both of them once I get a 3rd Soul)

3x Fire King Island

2x Soul Exchange (planning to get a 3rd one combos very nicely with Hand of Nephthys)

Traps:2

2x Wild Tornado (considering adding a 3rd one)

Thoughts or changes?

Edited by Inti
  • Upvote 1

knives1990    336

I prefer focusing solely on destroying Phoenix with island, but I do like your idea with hand/soul exchange. My fear would be that Phoenix is still just weak and you're simple summoning him without using his effect first so he's going to be prone to backrow and bigger monsters. 

That being said my build gets beat because my opponent doesn't set for 2 turns after I use island on Phoenix, and if my hand isn't equipped well enough I can lose quickly, but the fact that the opponent can't set for 2 turns (or if they do it's like Red Eyes Spirit or they suck) works in your advantage in the way of filling the rest of your deck with the cards that help in those situations

Beatdown

3 sacred phoenix

3 yaksha 

3 sphere

2 planet pathfinder

2 goka pyre 

3 island

2 card of soul

2 wild tornado

it could use some more work but it's been pretty successful. I figured beatdown was the better skill for me if I'm focusing on consistency with more islands/phoenix. If I was to run more cards outside of that specific combo I'd use restart or balance instead.

The deck is trying to make atm tho is a Shadow Game mill deck. Working on getting the 3rd warm worm but could use some ideas for when I do get it.

Edited by knives1990
  • Upvote 1

knives1990    336

Been doing phenomenal in ranked in across the board matchups with this

Beatdown

3 sacred phoenix

3 yaksha

3 sphere

3 planet pathfinder

2 goka pyre 

3 fire king island

3 card of the soul

The consistency of this deck is unreal. It's so much better to play it this way than having cards that are only good with other cards. The decks win con is the same in any variant, so extra cards that don't fulfill the role of achieving the win con just make for shitty hands and hard to come by wins.

planet pathfinder is extremely good in here because most of the time I'm not even summoning after I use island on Phoenix anyways because a low percentage of players in the higher ranks actually attack a facedown yaksha. It's always great if they do attack it so you can pop island before Phoenix comes out, but maybe 1/10 actually do that. It's much better to take the damage and summon next turn.

tea mill is always tough but honestly out of all the meta decks I've used this one has stood the best chance against it without compromising. I don't want to compromise any deck I use for specific decks and it's important that this deck doesn't need to do that to win against anything.

the good Red Eyes players only set Spirit on turns where their backrow is going to get nuked but it doesn't even matter because you put them on a clock much faster than they can against you with the Beatdown skill and assuming both players opened average/good. There's only so many sprits they can activate at inopportune times before they lose

mirror matches are a lot of fun, mostly because players using phoenix decks are running cards that don't help in achieving their win con and they get punished quickly for it. Even Wild Tornado while a good pick doesn't actually do anything except help you survive when you brick, which is solved by not playing them and increasing the number of combo pieces to give you your ideal hand

naturias is another fun matchup because they can have fast starts which can put you in a tough position if you don't draw sphere kuriboh and they start with a 3 monster board, but overall My winrate is still above 80% against it.

burn variants, rogue control decks, toons, and anything else that relies too heavily on their backrow just gets wrecked (obviously)

one deck I've played against a few times is a tribute summon deck with angmarls, treeborn, econ, soul exchange, invader of darkness which was pretty damn good, although it completely relies on frog from what I've seen. Still, it's a solid deck and has room for a lot of techs.

• Upvote 1

knives1990    336

anyone have some ideas for handless now that we have access to a 2nd swift Gaia? I think the deck has some promise again and have been messing with it tonight. Curious to see if others have been as well 

• Upvote 1

+mark    3105

I mean it'd have to be something like this right

3 Flash

2 Swift

3 Chaos 

3 Headlong

3 Eliminating (not necessary anymore with the 2nd swift, but still good if you have it)

X Tribute to the Doomed, or Storm / Wild Tornado, or Dimension Gate

individual card choices would probably be decided by budget concerns mainly 

Seeing as my funds are limited for the time being, my Handless Balance would look like this.

Monsters: 5

3x Flash Assailant

2x Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight

Spells: 10

3x Card of the Soul

3x Enemy Controller

2x Gateway to Chaos

1x Storm

1x Tribute to the Doomed

Traps: 5

1x Eliminating the League

2x Wild Tornado (finally got my 2nd!)

1x Mirror Wall

1x Dimension Gate (iffy about this one)

Opening hand is always going to be 1-2-1.  If I'm running Card of the Soul, I may also look to throw in 3x Double Summon.  2x Flash, 2x Gaia, or one of each on the first turn would be pretty amazing, and intimidating.

• Upvote 1

+mark    3105

personally I'd cut card of the souls and just add more storms to make your wild tornado's and dimension gate better. I guess 1 card of the soul is fine as a replacement for the 3rd gateway, however, after taking any kind of hit it becomes dead, definitely never want to open 2. don't think double summon does anything for the same reason I thought last time, you only open 1 monster, the entire point of this deck is that you can summon a monster turn 1, then search and summon a 2nd monster with the spell turn 2, double summon doesn't accomplish anything with regards to that. going 2nd it may suck to open 5 sometimes but you already have econ, storm, tribute to the doomed to empty your hand anyway

Inti    129

My updated Hammershark deck that made it to Legend 1 a few days ago and surpassingly didn't face many Red Eyes Builds which is the decks worse match up if I don't draw into backrow plus Yomi Ship sucks against Wyvern and Vanguard.

Skill:Mystic Depths 

1x Beautunaful Princess

3x Hammerhead Shark

3x Lost Blue Breaker (Considering only running 2 of it, I only run 3 for Toon Kingdom, The Mirror match, and backrow heavy decks)  

1x Needle Sunfish (Considering taking out and replacing for Oyster Meister and only used it since its effect comes in hand during the mirror or against other beatdown decks.)

1x Uminotaurus (Only ran due to its attack and its piercing effect that applies to all the monsters in the deck)

2x Yomi Ship

Spells:6

3x Enemy Controller

3x Super Rush Headlong

Traps:3

1x Fish Depth Charge (I really wish you could get a 2nd copy)

1x Metalmorph

1x Mirror Wall 

• Upvote 1

Conspire    2396

I also ran train on Plat with the Hammershark deck.  That being said Plat is like the new silver.  After day 1 the best players aren't there anymore.

My build plays 3 motherfuckin' Starboy.  It's a great Hammer target, bumps Hammer up to 2400 so it can compete with the tribute monsters played in the game right now, reduces FIRE monsters of which there are plenty in the game right now as well.

3 Hammer Shark

2 Yomi Ship

1 Beautunaful Princess

1 Deep Sweeper

1 Lost Blue Breaker

3 Starboy

2 Super Rush Headlong

3 Enemy Controller

1 Fish Depth Charge

2 Mirror Wall

1 Metalmorph

I found myself not really liking to use the Blue Breaker's effect for most matchups and having 1800 vs 1600 to be relevant.  Deep Sweeper can also use it's effect without another monster present which can be relevant.

• Upvote 1

I've been doing pretty well with a cheap mill deck, even though I've only got 1 copy of Warm Worm.  I'll switch to Red-Eyes once I get my third Insight.  Anyway, the mill deck is as follows.

Monsters: 9

2x Sphere Kuriboh

1x Warm Worm (again, only have 1)

3x Hiro's Shadow Scout

3x Crystal Seer

Spells: 3

3x Cup of Ace

Traps: 8

3x Assault on GHQ

1x Curse of Anubis

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

3x A Feint Plan

I'm considering dropping Ace in favor of DNA Checkup.  Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Inti    129
On 8/23/2017 at 9:01 AM, Conspire said:

I also ran train on Plat with the Hammershark deck.  That being said Plat is like the new silver.  After day 1 the best players aren't there anymore.

My build plays 3 motherfuckin' Starboy.  It's a great Hammer target, bumps Hammer up to 2400 so it can compete with the tribute monsters played in the game right now, reduces FIRE monsters of which there are plenty in the game right now as well.

3 Hammer Shark

2 Yomi Ship

1 Beautunaful Princess

1 Deep Sweeper

1 Lost Blue Breaker

3 Starboy

2 Super Rush Headlong

3 Enemy Controller

1 Fish Depth Charge

2 Mirror Wall

1 Metalmorph

I found myself not really liking to use the Blue Breaker's effect for most matchups and having 1800 vs 1600 to be relevant.  Deep Sweeper can also use it's effect without another monster present which can be relevant.

I tried Starboy and I ended finding it to be dead expect against Phoenix which I rarely faced in pvp or when the op popped the field spell which was also rare. I personally think 2-3 Lost Blue are really good against the mirror,Weevil Burn, and other cancerous back row decks.

• Upvote 1

Inti    129

After getting my 3rd Insight from pvp I decided to build Red-Eyes.

Semi-Budget Restart Build

Monsters:5

3x Red-Eyes Black Dragon

1x Red-Eyes Zombie (Only use it incase I don't draw the vanilla with Red Stone and came come in handy against Zombie decks)

1x Red-Eyes Wyvern (plan to get a 2nd copy)

Spells:8

3x Cards of Red Stone

3x Red-Eyes Insight 

1x Stamping Destruction 

1x Super Rush Headlong

Traps:7

3x Champion's Vigilance 

1x Mirror Wall

3x Red-Eyes Spirit 

With this build you want to open with Insight or Red Stone in the duel.

Pros

Restart helps opens Red Stone or Insight

Gets to Champion's Vigilance quickly due to Red Stones and Insight helps tin the deck out. 

Cons

If you don't open Red-Stone,Insight or no Red-Eyes in a few turns you are screwed.

Losses to cancerous decks if you don't open Champion's Vigilance

Can have trouble getting over decks that summon monsters with more 2400 attack though Super Rush and Mirror Wall help against that.

2nd deck

The standard Balance Red-Eyes deck. So far I been leaning towards this build since it can't be screwed over by RNG and has a slightly better match up against cancerous decks. 

Skill:Balance 

Monsters:5

3x Red-Eyes Black Dragon

1x Red-Eyes Zombie

1x Red-Eyes Wyvern 

Spells:5 

2x Cards of Red Stone

3x Red-Eyes Insight 

Traps:10

3x Champion's Vigilance

1x Mirror Wall 

3x Red-Eyes Spirit

3x Ultimate Providence

Pros

You always open with 1 spell, 2 traps, and a monster

Ultimate Providence makes use of monsters in the hand and dead Insights or Cards Red Stone.

Cons

Can still have trouble get over 2400 unless I have Mirror Wall. 

• Upvote 1

dexer008    861

So I had this thought of making a cancerous mill deck with Tea because I only recently just unlocked duelist standby, I'm greedy for gems/ pvp rewards, and I had some ideas with new cards from the newest set. Lol and behold, someone else in PVP had the same idea, and ended up beating me with it. I'm not sure how great it does overall, but the theory is decent, let your opponent play out their hand, and you set some backrow and a monster, next turn summon silent magician and activate the draw spell to give you more cards for milling/ take a huge chunk out of the opponent's deck, warm worm level chunck;

Monsters: 9
3 Silent Magician

3 Warm Worm
3 Hiro's Shadow Scout
1 Sphere Kuriboh

Spells: 3 
3 Silent Burning Magic (each player draws till 6 cards in hand)

Traps:8
3 Assault of HQ

3 A Feint Plain
1 Curse of Anubis
1 Windstorm of Etaqua

• Upvote 2

Inti    129

A idea I have for a Plant deck since Rose Lover and Marina came out. Thoughts or changes?

Monsters:12-14

2x Botanical Girl

2x Dust Knight

1x Lord Poison 

3x Rose Lover 

2-3x Mariña 

2-3x Talalya

Spells:3

3x Tribute To The Doomed

Traps:4

2x Plant Food Chain

2x Ultimate Providence 

Other cards I am considering

Enemy Controller (Considering using this or Tribute To quickly send Rose Lover to the grave)

Fragrance Storm (Has chemistry with Mariña and sends Rose Lover to the grave)

Premature Return (To recycle Rose Lover)

Strategy:You want Rose Lover and Mariña/Talaya in the hand as soon as possible to dump Rose Lover  Then to dump Rose Lover to swarm the field with Mariña/Talaya.

Note I have not tested the deck since I lack a 3rd Rose Lover, Only have Talalya, and have 0 Dust Knights/Plant Food Chain. The main thing I would worry about is bricking.

• Upvote 1

So, still running mill, because I think it's a TON of fun.  Also, I've been doing a lot of improving since I got my 2nd Warm Worm, and GX has actually made the deck just a bit stronger.  How, you ask?

Winged Kuriboh, that's how.  It gets destroyed, you take no damage for the rest of the turn.  It combos SO good with Assault on GHQ!  Sphere Kuriboh is a great card for most decks that have the space for it, but it has become obsolete in any mill deck that uses GHQ.

• Upvote 1

+mark    3105

I should prob update this OP with the some current meta decks

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this