Gojira

Farming Strategy Discussion

+Gojira    1741

Farming in Duel Links involves achieving high point scores (up to 8000) against legendary or standard duelists to get the maximum amount of prizes, which is necessary to have access to competitive cards and currency for the Card Trader. Some strategies will need to be supplemented by Shiny or Prismatic cards, which always offer extra points, even if those cards do not further the strategy.

Rex Raptor's ability "Titan Showdown" (double battle damage taken if a player's lifepoints is double the other's) is especially useful in streamlining any farming strategy, as it makes the 9999 damage achievement trivial.

To-do: more explanations, score outline, list origins of cards, in-depth analysis of each legendary duelist, auto-duel.

Farming deck cores:

Union attack – main deck: 5-7
0-1 Relinquished
1 Summoner of Illusions
1 Gravekeeper’s Vassal
2 Union Attack
0-1 Black Illusion Ritual
1 Secret Pass to the Treasures
1 Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon

Cu Chulainn BEWD – main deck: 9
1 Cu Chulainn the Awakened
1 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
2 Riryoku
3 Ritual Weapon
1 Emblem of the Awakening

Cu Chulainn Ultimate – main deck: 11
3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
1 Polymerization
1-2 Riryoku
2-3 Ritual Weapon

Akz Ultimate – main deck: 11
1 Akz, the Pumer
3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
4 [Beast-Warrior type]
2 Riryoku
1 Polymerization

Draw Sense Cerberus – Main Deck: 5
1 Mythical Beast Cerberus
1 Murmur of the Forest
1 Yami
1 Stop Defense/Shooting Star Bow – Ceal
1 [Trap Card]
Mix of life gain/life loss, S/T destruction, and battle phase cards

Balance Cerberus – Main Deck: 10
3 Mythical Beast Cerberus
2 The Unhappy Girl/Leotaur/The Hunter with 7 Weapons
1 Hieroglyph Lithograph
1 Murmur of the Forest
1 Yami
1 Stop Defense/ Shooting Star Bow – Ceal
1 [Trap Card]
Mix of life gain/life loss, S/T destruction, and battle phase cards

Draw Sense Scorpion – Main Deck: 8
1 Millennium Scorpion
3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
1 Riryoku
1 Polymerization
1 Stop Defense/Shooting Star Bow – Ceal

Imitation Scorpion – Main Deck: 8
3 Millennium Scorpion
3 Insect Imitation
1 Riryoku
1 Stop Defense/Shooting Star Bow - Ceal

Piranha Ultimate - Main Deck: 9
Mako – Mythic Depths
1 Piranha Army
3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
1 Polymerization
2 Riryoku
1 [+500atk equip]

Common additions to cores:

Unhappy Girl:
Tea – Holy Guard
The Unhappy Girl
Rai-Mei

Jam Moray:
Piercing Moray
Jam Breeding Machine

Baou:

Guardian Baou

Wicked-Breaking Flamberge - Baou

Blue-Eyes support:
Kaiser Sea Horse
Light Effigy
Stray Lambs
Overwhelm
Champion’s Vigilance

Complete examples:

Akz:
Keith – Restart 
1 Akz, the Pumer
3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
3 Leotaur
1 Battle Ox
2 The Hunter with 7 Weapons
3 Riryoku
1 Polymerization
1 Stop Defense
1 Shard of Greed
3 Twister
1 Mirror Wall

Cu Chulainn:
Tea – Holy Guard
3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
3 The Unhappy Girl
2 Rai-Mei
1 Polymerization
2 Riryoku
2 Ritual Weapon
3 Twister
1 Mirror Wall

Cerberus – Farming Joey:
Draw Sense Light
1 Murmur of the Forest
1 Yami
1 Supremacy Berry
1 Riryoku
2 Mooyan Curry
3 Abyssal Designator
2 Shard of Greed
1 Stim Pack
1 Goblin’s Secret Remedy
1 Red Medicine
1 Stop Defense
1 Mirror wall
3 Eatgaboon

Specific lv40 Legendary Duelists (in progress)

Yami Yugi
Seto Kaiba
Joey Wheeler
Tea Gardner
Mai Valentine
Rex Raptor
Weevil Underwood
Mako Tsunami
Bandit Keith
Ishizu Ishtar
Odion
Pegasus

Yami Bakura
Yugi Muto

Suggested lists for farming Yugi Muto for 8000 points:

Lv30
skill - balance
600 points of shiny/prismatic cards
1 Piranha Army
1 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
3 Arsenal Summoner
3 Guardian of the Throne Room
1 Warrior Dai Grepher
2 Riryoku
1 Twister
1 Ritual Weapon
1 Banner of Courage
3 Abyssal Designator

Lv40
skill - draw sense light/low level/sorcery conduit
1300 points of shiny/prismatic cards
1 Gravity Axe - Grarl
3 Shard of Greed
2 Supremacy Berry
1 Twister
1 Enemy Controller
3 Murmur of the Forest
1 Yami
2 Block Attack
1 Seal of the Ancients
1 Riryoku
3 Ready for Intercepting

Auto-duel deck examples (in progress)

Decks to farm lv40/50 Bakura 7000-8000 points

lv40

Yami Yugi - Destiny Draw

1 Red-Eyes B. Dragon              OR  1 Cu-Chulainn the Awakened

1 Meteor Dragon                            1 Ritual of the Awakening

1 Fusion Gate/Polymerization         1 Blue-Eyes White Dragon

3 Union Attack OR 2 union + 1 spell reclamation OR 1 Union + 1 ritual Weapon + 1 spell reclamation

1 Warrior Dai Grepher

1 Gravekeeper's Vassal

1 Shard of Greed

1 Gravedigger Ghoul

1 Des Counterblow

8 heal cards:

1-3 Supremacy Berry

0-2 The Golden Apples

1-2 Nutrient Z

1-3 Enchanted Javelin

Notes on lv40: Sometimes Bakura will stop attacking, usually when he has Man-Eater Bug set. Summon Warrior Dai Grepher and attack it. Even if Bakura activates Enemy Controller/Sphere Kuriboh, he will resume attacking the following turn. When you have used Secret Pass to the Treasures and Union Attack on Gravekeeper's Vassal, Bakura will not use Enemy Controller or Sphere Kuriboh when you attack him directly.

New note: There are variations in Bakura's AI, making him attack even less than before, so healing cards may need to be used more aggressively.

lv50

Bandit Keith - Switcheroo

1 Red-Eyes B. Dragon              OR  1 Cu-Chulainn the Awakened

1 Meteor Dragon                            1 Ritual of the Awakening

1 Fusion Gate/Polymerization         1 Blue-Eyes White Dragon

-1 Union Attack/Ritual Weapon

1 Gravekeeper's Vassal

3 Sealmaster Meisei

3 Union Attack

1 Pot of Benevolence

3 Gravedigger Ghoul               

3 Talisman of Spell Sealing

2 Altar for Tribute

Note, Magic Jammer directly counters Contract, so if you have multiple of those, you can build the deck very differently.

Notes on lv50: Only use Thunder Dragon's effect the first time, you will need to tribute summon two about 50% of the time, since Bakura will wait to use the 2nd Contract. This prevents him destroying one of the fusion materials/otk'ing you.. After negating Contract with the Dark Master with Talisman of Spell Sealing, tribute summon Thunder Dragon to unlock your spell cards. Tribute summon Meteor dragon/Blue-eyes White Dragon to destroy the 2nd Talisman. If Contract with the Dark Master is Bakura's last card, use Pot of Benevolence to give him and yourself one more turn.

• Upvote 4

+mark    3105

Tea LV40 tends to deck herself out extremely quickly, what are the best ways to combat this, aside from playing all copies of Shard of Greed you have (2 is not enough, she has Skelengel for d1 en 3x a drawspell for D2 which equals her drawing up to 9 cards in a duel I think. Before you have Grarl, she can still manually flip Skelengel, + you may have to 'Stop Defense' one at some point as well). Also fair to note; use stop defense when she has at least 1 card in deck so you don't accidentally deck her out by hitting a Skelengel. 

+Gojira    1741
8 minutes ago, vig=scum said:

Tea LV40 tends to deck herself out extremely quickly, what are the best ways to combat this, aside from playing all copies of Shard of Greed you have (2 is not enough, she has Skelengel for d1 en 3x a drawspell for D2 which equals her drawing up to 9 cards in a duel I think. Before you have Grarl, she can still manually flip Skelengel, + you may have to 'Stop Defense' one at some point as well). Also fair to note; use stop defense when she has at least 1 card in deck so you don't accidentally deck her out by hitting a Skelengel. 

Yeah for Tea I use Cerberus with 3x Shard of Greed, 2x Twister (to hit an early Solemn Wishes), and 1 Oath of the Ancients (to see which Set is Skelengel). If Cerberus' attack is high enough, she won't flip Skelengel, so I think overall that's the best strategy to use.

• Upvote 1

+mark    3105

Yugi Moto event just started, need to be discussing Farming Strategies etc.
LV30: He has Gandora, Labyrinth of Nightmare and 3 Sphere Kuriboh so Cerebus is out of the question I think.
LV40: He plays Cerebus + ways to get counters on them. I think Cerebus may be viable here but you need some ways to out his copies of Cerebus though, but that could be easy: E-Con/Block Attack + attacking over it with another monster, for example.

+Gojira    1741

Yeah level 40 you can just use Cerberus with Ready for Intercepting to block attacks/reset Spell Counters.

For level 30 you could probably use the Akz the Pumer deck, since you can play Abyssal Designators to hit Gandora/some numer of Sphere Kuriboh, and draw the other Spheres out with attacks from your lv4s.

Fusion Dinos also works to get 4000-6000 pts, or more if you have Rex's Titan Showdown Skill. You probably still want to run Abyssal Designator for Gandora though.

• Upvote 1

+Gojira    1741

How often would you say Yugi appears? Seems like about an hour after you beat him to me, but i have little data.

• Upvote 1

+mark    3105

I've seen yugi moto 5 times so far, havent been on the entire time but checked frequently

+Gojira    1741

I posted that deck with Banner of Courage for farming Yugi while realizing that I crafted my Banners a while ago and there's no way to get more copies XD.

It has more utility in farming than I would've expected.

• Upvote 1

+mark    3105

Some guidelines for farming Bakura LV40:

- Gravedigger Ghoul / Disappear to banish the Necroface (or if you have Izichu's drop skill No Mortal Can Resist, use that). Can use Destiny Draw skill to get it, or Switcheroo for consistency, standbye draw, or LP gain a, etc. depending on which character you want to use)
- If you use a lifegain strategy as 'stall' method, you don't have to deal with Soul Exchange / Ectoplasmer
- Probably best to summon the monster the turn you want to attack (such as Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, if you have that, but there are other options as well) so you won't have to deal with Soul Exchange and Ectoplasmer. You can use Des Counterblow combined with the life gain cards to deal with his monsters
- You still need to play around Sphere Kuribohs, which can be done by Exchange, Divine Wrath, Angel 07
- 1 Riryoku Field to deal with E-Con

I haven't found the right deck yet since I'm still testing things, and I don't have Ultimate Dragon or most of the cards required, but I'll let you guys know once I got something that 'works'.

LV50 seems easier as you don't have to deal with Ectoplasmer/Soul Exchange, so the early game is very soft, you only need to deal with his late game rituals and shit

I you want a quick 3k score deck you can just run a beatdown deck with a ritual or fusion engine and win before FINAL resolves quite consistently 

+Gojira    1741

Important update!

Posted complete decks to farm both lv40 and lv50 Bakura for 7k-8k points. I have tested both of these decks myself, although not thoroughly for the lv50 deck.

you may want the 3rd union attack/spell reclamation even with the fusion version for lv50 in case you have to summon Red-eyes B. dragon to destroy Talisman.

• Upvote 2

+Gojira    1741

Slight update on the lv50 farming build. Don't always switcheroo a Thunder dragon back to use its effect a second time, both may be needed to tribute summon.

• Upvote 1

Still only have 1x Union Attack.  How should I approach Bakura Lv.50?

EDIT: Yikes, also completely lacking Sealmaster Meisei.  Have the seals, but not the master.  What are some alternative strategies?

Edited by Starlight Warrior
  • Upvote 1

+Gojira    1741
On 3/27/2017 at 4:53 PM, Starlight Warrior said:

Still only have 1x Union Attack.  How should I approach Bakura Lv.50?

EDIT: Yikes, also completely lacking Sealmaster Meisei.  Have the seals, but not the master.  What are some alternative strategies?

I tried a version with just normals and Order to charge to kill Zorc. It worked for me, but seems very fragile, since he can summon dark necrofear then.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, but I should be good to go now.  Got my last Sealmaster yesterday.  Acquired two in the same day two days before that.

EDIT: Well, got to try out the Lvl.50 deck listed above.  I messed up and discarded my second Altar, so couldn't pull off the intended win condition.  Still won by deckout, though, so there's that.

Edited by Starlight Warrior
  • Upvote 1

Silver    1010
On 3/30/2017 at 6:40 AM, Gojira said:

I tried a version with just normals and Order to charge to kill Zorc. It worked for me, but seems very fragile, since he can summon dark necrofear then.

did you try using that spell that destroys fiends

• Upvote 1

I made some modifications to the Bakura Lvl.40 deck that was video-linked in the main DL thread.  So far, it's either really good or really lucky.  Not that I'm complaining, I'm nearly at 4m!

Deck: 20

Skill: Destiny Draw

Monsters: 3

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

1x Meteor Dragon

1x Red-Eyes B. Dragon

Spells: 7

2x Gravedigger Ghoul

1x Autonomous Action Unit

1x Fusion Gate

1x Secret Pass to the Treasures

1x Supremacy Berry

1x Union Attack

Traps: 10

3x Numinous Healer

2x Enchanted Javelin

2x Nutrient Z

1x Des Counterblow

1x Spell Reclamation

1x The Golden Apples

Extra: 1

1x Meteor B. Dragon

I initially dropped the Berries entirely in favor of triple Javelin, but that wound up costing me field space and the game when Bakura wised up and stopped attacking to use Ectoplasmer.  I decided to use only 2x Javelin and one Berry, and that seems to be working so far.  The reason I dropped the Berries in the first place was because I wasn't able to heal myself faster than Bakura could pummel me.  I was forced into positions where Des Counterblow was too far down in the deck, and using Destiny Draw to get it would cost me the game on the next turn.  What I needed was protection against Bakura's onslaught.

Although, now I think about it, I wonder if Windstorm of Etaqua might be a good addition...

• Upvote 1

So, on to farming in general... Odion is as cheap as Yugi.  Or else I just have bad luck with acquisitions.  I can't get him to drop a single SR, much less Millennium Scorpion.  And I can consistently get 7000-8000 every time with my Cerberus deck.  It's a full 30 cards, but it works pretty well.

Deck: 30

Skill: Draw Sense: LIGHT

Monsters: 5

2x Mystical Beast Cerberus

2x Sphere Kuriboh

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

Spells: 18

3x Gravity Axe - Grarl

3x Pot of Benevolence

3x Shard of Greed

2x Enemy Controller

1x Dark-Piercing Light

1x Murmur of the Forest

1x Riryoku

1x Seal of the Ancients

1x Secret Pass to the Treasures

1x Union Attack

1x Yami

Traps: 7

3x Physical Double

2x Cloning

1x Curse of Anubis

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

Here's my main reason for running 30-cards: I can fit more defensive cards in here without compromising the deck's overall strategy.  If you count the Enemy Controllers in this, I have a total of 11 defensive cards.  That's just over 1/3 of the deck, giving me an excellent chance of drawing one such card in the opening hand.  According to the Yugioh Party calculator, there's an 85.56% chance to open at least 1 defensive card when going first, and 91.52% when going second.

Now, my choices of defensive cards are pretty odd for a Cerberus deck, there's no doubt about that.  Six change battle positions instead of trying to cancel out the damage I would take from an attack, and the other five create token copies of opposing monsters.  I have what I believe is a very good reason for this: Decayed Commander.  With every other Cerberus build that used more standard choices, I had to watch while DC murdered essential combo pieces in my hand because I couldn't keep them safe, either by Setting them (not a good idea in most cases because it takes up valuable space), or preventing the attack altogether.  Enchanted Javelin and The Golden Apples don't actually stop Commander, they just reverse the damage.

And therein lies my reasoning: Decayed Commander is the BIGGEST threat to the combo.  I'll take hits from anything else, but I will only willingly take an attack from Commander if my had is empty or only has non-essential cards in my hand.  Those cards are chosen specifically to manipulate Odion's attacks so that I don't take damage from Commander, and I don't take more damage than is actually necessary.  Heck, I spent 500 gems on Valkyries Rage just to get a 3rd "Physical Double"- and I got it, and managed to get a Pumprincess too!  I'm definitely replacing a Cloning with a third E-Con if I ever get one.  Cloning is simply inferior to Double.

Okay, so that's all well and good, but running 30 cards pretty effectively eliminates any chance of getting "Cards on the Brink."  Well, that's what the Pots and Shards are for.  If I get all three Shards and Pots, then I can actually make Odion's deck one card more than mine.  This won't always happen, of course, but I've not found a solid way to guarantee that it does.  Not yet, anyway.  Maybe if Konami gives us Defense Draw or something.  As I write this, I just finished a duel with "Few Cards" instead of "Cards on the Brink" because my very LAST card was my 3rd Pot.  The early game situation was such, however, that I had to play my first one when there was only a single card in each Graveyard in order to keep Cerberus safe.  Most of the time, however, I can get hold of all three copies of Pot and Shard before Odion decks out or the Shards become dead draws.

• Upvote 1

+mark    3105

nope

Grimey    8228

ok uh idk why you're playing 30 cards or any defensive cards whatsoever if you're trying to farm odion 

this list guarantees 7000 duel assessment vs yugi, odion, weevil, rex, mako lv30 etc. 

IMG_2822.PNG

• Upvote 2

Grimey    8228

tips:

-don't ever activate supremacy berry unless you opened complete trash and your opponent only put down 1700 or less damage on turn 1. 

-be intelligent and do math because this deck is 100% guaranteed to get you to 100LP while playing most if not all of your LP healing cards

-be intelligent when using twister. you can twister your deep seated sword to put it on top of your deck. 

-the 2 spies in my deck are glossy, literally just put any 2 glossy cards in there. 

• Upvote 1

Grimey    8228

also what are people using to farm ishizu. i tried akz pumer deck and that deck is fucking awful, i just lose every duel 

• Upvote 2

+mark    3105

cerebus right?