Gojira

Farming Strategy Discussion

55 minutes ago, Grimey said:

ok uh idk why you're playing 30 cards or any defensive cards whatsoever if you're trying to farm odion 

this list guarantees 7000 duel assessment vs yugi, odion, weevil, rex, mako lv30 etc. 

How often can you achieve 8K with this deck?

EDIT: By the way, been meaning to say this.  The Lvl.50 Bakura farming deck has a HUGE weakness: First turn Zorc.  If Bakura gets Zorc on the field on his first turn, you are every kind of toast.  There's literally nothing the deck can do against that.  Was finally able to build it, tested it out, works okay, but then THAT happened.

Edited by Starlight Warrior

Grimey    8113

You never achieve 8000 but you literally always achieve 7000 unless you're a moron 

You can achieve 8000 if you have a 9-10 glossy/prismatic cards because I legitimately have 0 glossy cards in that deck 

+Gojira    1706
On 3/27/2017 at 4:53 PM, Starlight Warrior said:

Still only have 1x Union Attack.  How should I approach Bakura Lv.50?

EDIT: Yikes, also completely lacking Sealmaster Meisei.  Have the seals, but not the master.  What are some alternative strategies?

the akz pumer deck was supposed to be for ishizu, but I don't have the cards for it. Union attack and a heavily adjusted Cerberus list should work though. I'll test a few lists and put working ones up tomorrow night.

3 hours ago, Grimey said:

You never achieve 8000 but you literally always achieve 7000 unless you're a moron 

You can achieve 8000 if you have a 9-10 glossy/prismatic cards because I legitimately have 0 glossy cards in that deck 

I definitely understand a lot of the reasons behind your card choices and even the deck size.  It's a good deck, and I don't even have to play it to know that.  Hell, I just got a Lithograph as I'm writing this, and I'm definitely including it in my deck now.  But to be honest, I find LP manipulation to be tedious and highly risky.  I've given up on it because I don't think it's worth pursuing, and it takes up space that could be used for more practical cards.  Comeback Victory is enough.

With my deck, I can typically achieve the following.

• Comeback Victory: 2500
  • Cards on the Brink: 500
  • Victory by Effect Damage Only: 1000
  • Over 9999 Damage!: 3000
  • Activate a Spell: 100
  • Activate a Trap: 100
  • Total: 7200

Right now, there's also the campaign bonus, which bumps you up by 1000.  8K is guaranteed for both our decks right now.  But without that, mine can still achieve 8K.  There are glossy cards in it, and one of my E-Cons is a prismatic from the KC Cup.  If you picked a Spell at all from the KC Cup rewards, you should run it.  I don't think you can get the Prismatic bonus more than once, though.  Still testing that.  The glossy bonus you can definitely increase, though.

Glossy cards are surprisingly common, though.  Buy ten packs, you get at least one or two every time.  Fight an LD at Level 40, they only drop gold packs, so any commons are going to be glossy.

The deck as is works really well against Weevil, though I'm beginning to think some Javelins might be necessary for him and other LDs.  I've decided that Cloning is terrible because of its activation timing.  I tried replacing it with Otohime, but she's a LIGHT monster and that can interfere with the Draw Sense- I didn't notice at first and figured it out the hard way.  So I replaced her with a pair of Bite Shoes (that is, two copies of the card).  I'm still experimenting and changing things, but overall it works excellently.

Recently switched over to Odion.  Kaiba's maxed out, so not much point in using him right now.  Just aquired DS:LIGHT for Odion, so that works.

mark    3105
On 4/3/2017 at 10:23 PM, Gojira said:

the akz pumer deck was supposed to be for ishizu, but I don't have the cards for it. Union attack and a heavily adjusted Cerberus list should work though. I'll test a few lists and put working ones up tomorrow night.

What'd the Cerebus list look like?

The problems I can see is her summoning Oracle for 2k, and her attacking with GK Assailant. Oracle is solvable to some extend, but you need Gravity Axe - Grarl + E-Con/Windstorm to deal with Assailant I assume? Are there better ways to deal with this?

Grimey    8113
4 minutes ago, mark said:

What'd the Cerebus list look like?

The problems I can see is her summoning Oracle for 2k, and her attacking with GK Assailant. Oracle is solvable to some extend, but you need Gravity Axe - Grarl + E-Con/Windstorm to deal with Assailant I assume? Are there better ways to deal with this?

The list I used and the list most people were using for a while utilized Sword of Deep Seated and the Spellcaster Book equip to push Cerberus to 2200 defence. 

mark    3105

Does she stop attacking when you have 2200+ DEF? 

mark    3105

Also how do you stop her from going Oracle -> attack? 

Grimey    8113
11 hours ago, mark said:

Also how do you stop her from going Oracle -> attack? 

no idea, that's why I stopped playing the deck. 

Grimey    8113

this is insanely consistent for farming ishizu

i use the 2 union attack build but without 2 union attack (i only own 1), and get 6000 duel assessment every time guaranteed 

Grimey    8113
8 hours ago, Gojira said:

spell reclamation is a second union attack

necrovalley negates spell reclamation 

mark    3105

Twister?

• Upvote 1

mark    3105
10 hours ago, Grimey said:

this is insanely consistent for farming ishizu

i use the 2 union attack build but without 2 union attack (i only own 1), and get 6000 duel assessment every time guaranteed 

Going to see if I can take anything away from this but the problem is I don't have many good farm cards. Probably just going to try Cerebus with Divine Wrath (hits both Oracle and Assailant).

Grimey    8113

Twister means you don't get the No Damage bonus and also makes the deck slightly more inconsistent as hand size is already a problem in the deck, fitting in another card you need to hold until the last turn is really bad. 

mark    3105

I'm talking Cerebus 

Going to check if I can make Cu work - don't understand how the deck "stalls" yet though, is that what Unhappy Girl is for? 

Faint    5854

Anyone got a solid way of farming Pegasus?

+Gojira    1706
2 hours ago, Winter Multi said:

Anyone got a solid way of farming Pegasus?

Busy atm, but i should post one up for lv40 in about 6 hours.

• Upvote 1

I'm working on Cerberus.  Currently running 30-card Vassal Cerberus, but I don't think that's going to work as effectively as I need it to.  Will likely cut it down to 20 cards and eliminate the Vassal combo altogether.

mark    3105
4 hours ago, Grimey said:

Twister means you don't get the No Damage bonus and also makes the deck slightly more inconsistent as hand size is already a problem in the deck, fitting in another card you need to hold until the last turn is really bad. 

"De-Spell"

Why do I just think of this lol. I mean it still doesn't solve the consistency part of course.

Okay, I just got beat like a red-headed step child by Pegasus Lvl.50, and it didn't even take that long.  He doesn't have the Toon World skill, instead using Balance, so plan accordingly.  And beware of Copycat and Breaker.  I was defeated before I had to deal with it, but he also uses Djinn Disserere with Relinquished.  If he does it right, that means 2 copies will be immune to Traps, so House of Adhesive Tape may not work too well.

Edited by Starlight Warrior

Grimey    8113
8 hours ago, mark said:

I'm talking Cerebus 

Going to check if I can make Cu work - don't understand how the deck "stalls" yet though, is that what Unhappy Girl is for? 

Ishizu does not attack Unhappy Girl unless she has game. You attack each of her monsters with Unhappy Girl so that they can't attack and Holy Guard skill prevents you from taking damage. You continue to do this until the last turn. You suicide all copies of Rai-Mei into her monsters so that you can thin your deck faster/get to Unhappy Girl faster.