Gojira

Farming Strategy Discussion

Grimey    8112

I made this deck myself. Pulls around 7500 assessment per duel and I haven't dropped a game with it yet. If you can manage to go without taking any damage (not too difficult), the deck got me 7800 assessment with only a few glossies. If you have more glossy cards than I do, you can easily reach 8000 with this. If you have Des Kangaroo, Big Koala and Master of Oz, use them instead. You won't need Riryoku if you use them, and you can add another consistency card. I don't actually own any of those 3 cards so I use this instead. I'm considering taking out Secret Passage because I have not used it at all in the 6 farms I've played so far. 

IMG_2829.PNG.png

• Upvote 3

Which duelists do you use that deck on?

Grimey    8112

LV40

Also take out Secret Passage, it's not necessary at all. Add another defensive card so you can survive longer, i.e; Sphere Kuriboh, Enemy Controller etc. 

Have a similar deck I've been using with Keith, but he still has Switcheroo, which gives it him an edge.  Could this deck be used with Téa?  If so I'd run it with some modifications.

-1x Piranha

-1x Polymerization

-1x Riryoku

-1x Gift of the Martyr (50 packs and I haven't seen one!  How is this thing more rare than the Ultras?!)

+1x Gravekeeper's Vassal (effect damage bonus)

+1x Fusion Gate (doesn't require an S/T zone)

+1x Union Attack

+1x Spell Reclamation (don't have a second Union Attack)

I've got two good Unhappy Girl decks that are successful against Pegasus Levels 40 and 50.  Core strategy for both decks is the same: Lock down monsters with Unhappy Girl, summon BEUD and Vassal in the last two turns, use Secret Pass/Union/Reclamation combo for game.  You will get the Over 9999 Damage, Effect Damage Victory, and Tribute Summon bonuses if you do this correct.  Both decks require your FULL attention to play (I've lost games or had to use less fruitful victories because I didn't watch my deck count).  In both decks, Spell Reclamation can be replaced with a 2nd Union Attack if you have it.  Spoilers used to conserve space.

Téa: Pegasus Lvl.40

Deck: 20

Skill: Holy Guard

Monsters: 10

3x Rai-Mei

3x The Unhappy Girl

2x Sphere Kuriboh (Additional defense and position manipulation; sometimes you'll need it to take out that Mammoth with Rai-Mei.)

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal (If the deck is played correctly, you will net that sweet Effect Damage bonus.)

1x Mystical Beast of Serket (Necessary for summoning BEUD, and gets you the Tribute Summon bonus.)

Spells: 5

2x Enemy Controller (Same reasons as Sphere Kuriboh.  One of mine is the Prismatic from the KC Cup.)

1x Secret Pass to the Treasures

1x Temple of the Kings (Necessary for summoning BEUD, and allows you to use Spell Reclamation if you draw it on your last turn.)

1x Union Attack

Traps: 5

2x Des Counterblow (Should discourage Pegasus from attacking directly if he doesn't have game, buying you time to paralyze his monsters.)

1x Spell Reclamation (Use to reclaim Union Attack.  Can be replaced with a 2nd Union Attack.)

1x Wild Tornado (LAST RESORT DEFENSE CARD.  Do not use this unless you're staring down Toon Cannon Soldiers or a field full of attack-ready Toons.)

1x Windstorm of Etaqua (Same reasons as SK and EC.  Defense is on a much wider scale.)

Extra: 2

2x Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Can be replaced with Master of Oz, but best have Rai-Mei on the field when you use Union Attack.  Only have two in here because I have two, so why not?)

And now, the Level 50 deck.

Téa: Pegasus Lvl.50

Monsters: 8

3x Rai-Mei

3x The Unhappy Girl

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal (If the deck is played correctly, you will net that sweet Effect Damage bonus.)

1x Mystical Beast of Serket (Necessary for summoning BEUD, and gets you the Tribute Summon bonus.)

Spells: 4

1x Pot of Benevolence (Mostly in here in case Pegasus gets closer to decking out than you; can also be used to recover two lost combo pieces if required, but only if you've used Rai-Mei to thin your deck earlier)

1x Temple of the Kings (Necessary for summoning BEUD, and allows you to use Spell Reclamation if you draw it on your last turn.)

1x Union Attack

Traps: 8

3x Magician's Circle (Use this to quickly summon Unhappy Girls when you attack with one, or when Pegasus attacks.)

3x Ready for Intercepting (Pegasus runs all Spellcasters, except the 1 Djinn.  Use this to stop unwanted attacks, or to prevent Relinquished from absorbing monsters, except when summoned with Djinn.)

1x Spell Reclamation (Use to reclaim Union Attack.  Can be replaced with a 2nd Union Attack.)

1x Windstorm of Etaqua (Field-wide defense card)

Extra: 2

2x Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Can be replaced with Master of Oz, but best have Rai-Mei on the field when you use Union Attack.  Only have two in here because I have two, so why not?)

Edited by Starlight Warrior

Is there a way to farm Kaiba WITHOUT using Kaibaman?  I still haven't gotten one yet, but it's in the Trader's stock right now, and Kaiba Lvl.40 is running around.

Inti    79

This is what I been using against lv 30 Super Joey and I get atlas 8000 assignments with it. 

Skill:Draw Sense Light 

Monsters:5

1x GK Vassal 

3x Cerberus 

1x Sphere Kuriboh 

Spells:12

3x E Con

2x Gravity Axe

1x Murmur of The Forest 

1x Secret Passage 

2x Supremacy Berry 

2x Union Attack

1x Yami 

Traps:3

2x Trap Jammer (to stop Kunai with Chain from activating)

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

Against lv 40 Ceberbus seems almost impossible due to that wind trap and if you get lower then 500 its gg. 

Inti    79

I found a Kaibaman farming deck on a DL discord that I made few changes to (the main difference is it used Security Orb and Golden Apple) that does well against lv 40 Super Joey.

Skill:Destiny Draw

Monsters:8

1x Black Dragon's Chick (glossy)

2x Blue-Eyes White Dragon ((would use a third one if I had 3rd glossy/prismatic Blue-Eyes)

2x Kaibaman (would use a third one if I had 3rd glossy/prismatic Blue-Eyes)

2x Mirage Dragon (to block Kunai and Wind Art)

1x Red-Eyes Black Dragon (Glossy)

Spells:5

2x Enemy Controller (thinking of adding a 3rd one)

1x Secret Pass To The Treasures

2x Union Attack (I might reduce it to one)

Traps;6

3x Champion's Vigilance (1x Prismatic) 

2x Embodiment of Aphosis (replace them with Golden Apple if you have it)

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

Inti    79
On 5/15/2017 at 9:20 PM, Inti said:

I found a Kaibaman farming deck on a DL discord that I made few changes to (the main difference is it used Security Orb and Golden Apple) that does well against lv 40 Super Joey.

Skill:Destiny Draw

Monsters:8

1x Black Dragon's Chick (glossy)

2x Blue-Eyes White Dragon ((would use a third one if I had 3rd glossy/prismatic Blue-Eyes)

2x Kaibaman (would use a third one if I had 3rd glossy/prismatic Blue-Eyes)

2x Mirage Dragon (to block Kunai and Wind Art)

1x Red-Eyes Black Dragon (Glossy)

Spells:5

2x Enemy Controller (thinking of adding a 3rd one)

1x Secret Pass To The Treasures

2x Union Attack (I might reduce it to one)

Traps;6

3x Champion's Vigilance (1x Prismatic) 

2x Embodiment of Aphosis (replace them with Golden Apple if you have it)

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

After doing some more testing I found the glossy Red-Eyes cards not be worth it due to consistency and getting around 6000-7000 with or without the extra glossy Red-Eyes cards.

I made the following changes

-1 Black Dragon Chick

-1 Red-Eyes Black Dragon

-2 Mirage Dragons

-2 Embodiment Of Aphosis 

+1 Blue Dragon Summoner (Testing)

+1 Blue-Eyes White Dragon

+1 Kaibaman  

+1 Kaiser Seahorse (I would add a 2nd copy if I had one)

+1 Enemy Controller

+1 Curse of Anubis 

Other cards I am considering adding are Sphere Kuriboh and Mirror Wall. Other skills that can be used if you don't have Destiny Draw are Switheroo, Restart, Heavy Starter, and Draw Sense:High Level. 

Grimey    8112

You summon 2 big monsters + Gravekeeper's Vassal and attack directly so that Gravekeeper's Vassal can inflict 9999 Effect Damage to your opponent. 

• Upvote 1

knives1990    262

Could someone explain how the Cerberus decks win? I'm trying to put one together it's the only one I can use atm with my card pool. Idk how he gets to high enough attack for max damage. I don't have union attack, vassal or riryoku

mark    3105
1 hour ago, knives1990 said:

Could someone explain how the Cerberus decks win? I'm trying to put one together it's the only one I can use atm with my card pool. Idk how he gets to high enough attack for max damage. I don't have union attack, vassal or riryoku

Use one of the skills to add it to your hand. Then you play a few spells, it's attack will be high enough so you can stall behind it. This should already provide 10k+ attack after you've played all your spells, but you can get 1500 extra if you play Equip spells that provide +500 (if you have any). 

You get bonus points for comeback, low LP, 0 cards in deck, using glossy/prismatic etc. So you can reach 8 rewards / duel if everything goes right (which is the max). 

knives1990    262

Oh ok so you don't actually attack them for game? Or do you? Do you get a good amount of points for decking them out?

mark    3105

You attack them for game while you deal 10 000+ damage

You get bonus points for having 0 cards in deck etc - but you're not decking them out

mark    3105
27 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

Can you not beat kaiba with the deck because of econ?

he will also crash dd warrior

not sure how his build looks like now though, they keep changing builds etc

Mark's right, but there is a weakness to the D.D. Warrior backup plan: LP.  If you can stop him from ramming into you long enough for you to make the difference between Cerberus' and Warrior's ATK larger than Kaiba's LP, he'll never do it.  As for the Controllers, run 2-3 Riryoku Field.

BTW, been working on Super Joey farm decks.  I've been using Cerberus for Lvl.30, and Union Girl for Lvl.40.

Union Cerberus Lvl.30

Deck: 30 (yeah, yeah, I know)

Skill: Draw Sense: LIGHT (best skill for this deck since all the others have higher LP loss requirements)

Monsters: 6

3x Mythical Beast Cerberus (only keep 2 in play, but run 3 to draw one sooner)

2x Sphere Kuriboh  (Necessary for defense, cannot be Stamped)

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

Spells: 22

3x Shard of Greed  (Draw more, thin faster)

3x Gravity Axe - Grarl (Keep stuff in DEF.  Or keep stuff face-down.  Can combo with Murmur)

3x Magical Mallet  (Free Spell Counter that also resets as much of your hand as you want in case of bricks)

3x Pot of Benevolence  (Keep Joey from decking out)

2x Enemy Controller  (Necessary for DEF, but can be Stamped on, so be careful)

1x Supremacy Berry  (Trust me, you're gonna need it)

1x Double Summon  (In case you can summon 2x Cerberus, but probably gonna get replaced)

1x Dark-Piercing Light (Makes Controllers live again)

1x Murmur of the Forest  (Yami now gives you 2 Spell Counters; combine with Gravity Axe to keep monsters face-down)

1x Yami  (+200 to Vassal, +400 more with Union Attack)

1x Hieroglyph Lithograph

1x Union Attack

Traps: 2

1x Trap Jammer

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

Notes: I know, I know, why the hell am I running it at 30?  Simple: With 20, I just didn't have enough space to prepare for most of the crap Joey throws my way.  Do you know how deadly Metalmorph is to a Cerberus deck?  If you can't get Cerberus at or above DOUBLE the Metalmorphed monster's ATK, you're screwed.  For instance, with Metalmorph, Red-Eyes has 2700 ATK.  If it attacks a 5400 Cerberus, it'll gain 2700 ATK and they'll destroy each other.  The AI will only go for it IF it has game.  That's why there's so many Spells, and triplicate of Magical Mallet in the event of bricks.

As for the Traps, Etaqua is for defensive purposes, and the one Trap Jammer is to deal with Kunai with Chain.  Now I think about it, though, I might just replace Double Summon with a Storm as a back-up plan...

It's late and I've got my sister's birthday tomorrow, so I'm not gonna go back and do all the math again.  Just know that it works.

Union Girl Lvl.40

Monsters: 9

3x Unhappy Girl

3x Rai-Mei

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

1x Mystical Beast of Serket

1x Sphere Kuriboh

Spells: 5

2x Union Attack

1x Enemy Controller

1x Temple of the Kings

Traps: 6

2x Enchanted Javelin (mostly a bluff, rarely used, but too scared of Joey knowing how to do math now to take it out)

2x Trap Jammer (for Kunai, and in case Wind Art gets played in BP)

1x Seven Tools of the Bandit (Wind Art, 'nuff said)

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

Extra Deck: 2

2x Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon (I have two copies, so why not?)

Notes: This SEEMS to be the best ratio for stuff, but I'm not too sure yet.  Still experimenting.  Super Joey Lvl.40 is scary as hell.

If you only own 1x Union Attack, you can also use 1x Spell Reclamation to replace the second.  Alternatively, use the Piranha Martyr combo.  Should give you an extra spot too, but it'll cost you the Effect Damage bonus.

Edited by Starlight Warrior

Cerberus Lvl.30: Dropped Double Summon for Storm, but then lost to Dragon's Gunfire.  Have since replaced it with a second Supremacy Berry.  May try to find room for a third.

Union Girl Lvl.40: Have still not had any opportunity to use Enchanted Javelin.  It seems that anti-Trap cards, specifically Seven Tools and Trap Jammer, are essential to the deck, but only if there's an appropriate ratio to the rest of the deck.  Defense is still paramount, as is maintaining your LP.  Am considering dropping them for my second Sphere and Controller, but am worried that Konami's shuffler will screw me over for being practical.  That seems to happen far more often than it should.

Ya know, I've made a lot of posts in this thread already.  I'm beginning to think we either need permanent access to an Edit button, or we should all just start making new threads for decks and include appropriate tags, as with the Deck Garage forum.

Anyway, for the Paradox Bros. at levels 40 and 50, I'm using the same deck core: Unhappy Girl stall engine.  I also use Union Attack, but it can easily be substituted with Gift of the Martyr and Piranha Army.  The BEUD aspect can also be replaced with Relinquished and Summoned Skull, but this seems risky to me and I've not experimented with it yet.

Unhappy Brothers Lvl.40/50

Monsters: 12

2x Sphere Kuriboh

1x Mystical Beast of Serket

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

3x The Unhappy Girl

2x Crystal Seer

3x Rai-Mei

Spells: 6

2x Union Attack

2x Enemy Controller

1x Temple of the Kings

Traps: 2

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

1x Jar of Greed (Lvl.40) / Trap Jammer (Lvl.50)

Extra Deck: 3

3x Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon

Notes

The only significant difference between the two decks is Trap Jammer.  The Paradox Brothers' Lvl.40 deck doesn't have any Traps in it that should worry you at all.  It contains only Damage Gate and Battle Mania.  The former, at 2 copies, is completely insignificant in the duel since you'll win in one shot anyway.  The second, Battle Mania, shouldn't be a problem under any of these three conditions.

1) Your Monster Zones only have The Unhappy Girl(s).  Just attack and they'll be fine.

2) Your opponent's field has at least 1 monster in Defense Position.  Regardless of what monsters you have, attacking a Defense Position monster will not cause either of you to take damage.

The reason Trap Jammer is present in the Lvl.50 deck is because of Widespread Ruin, a Trap that will destroy your monster with the most ATK if you declare any attacks.  The Brothers run two copies of it, but only one Jammer is necessary to protect Vassal during the final blow.  I don't yet know if the AI will use Ruin when you attack with Unhappy Girl, however.

The biggest threat to farming with the Lvl.40 deck is actually not being able to get the target bonuses because of victory by deckout.  The Paradox Brothers. use a single copy of Monster Gate in their Lvl.40 deck.  This can potentially thin their deck drastically.  So far, my only solution is to thin yours faster before that happens, but it's not ideal.  I'm currently looking for other ways to fix this.  Best solution might be to simply stop Monster Gate in its tracks, so Magic Jammer and Magic Drain are good candidates.