Gojira

Farming Strategy Discussion

Inti    79

This is what I been using and getting a 7000-8000 score against lv 40 Bakura. I found it originally on a DL comment section and made a few changes to optimize it. 

Elements Unite Vassal

Monsters:4

2x GK Recruiters (Can use Thunder Dragons instead if you want to) 

1x GK Vassal 

1x The Field Mega Cyber (Glossy)

Spells:13 

2x Enemy Controller 

1x Fusion Gate/Field Spell (Glossy)

1x Secret Pass To The Treasures.

3x Shard of Greed

1x Storm(Glossy)

2x Union Attack (Glossy)

2x Wonder Wand

Traps:3

3x Jar of Greed 

When Dueling: Do not summon the Gate Guardian and instead have all the Gate Guardian Pieces in Defense mode so Bakura can not use Zoma on you. If He has 3 back row set and does not activate Tribute to The Doomed use Econ's 2nd effect to make space just incase he does not use it (which in some games he does not)

The Field Mega Cyber:   Summon on the last turn assuming Bakura only left you with one Gate Guardian Piece. 

Storm: To use on the back row on your last turn to get rid of Sakuretsu  Armor or Book of Moon.

That's very similar to what I've been running.  I think mine's a bit more intricate, though.

Deck: 20

Skill: Elements Unite!

Monsters: 5

3x Thunder Dragon

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

1x Mystical Beast of Serket

Spells: 35

1x Fusion Gate

3x Shard of Greed

1x Double Summon

2x Union Attack

1x Enemy Controller

1x Temple of the Kings

1x Storm

1x Goblin's Secret Remedy

2x Pot of Benevolence

1x Hieroglyph Lithograph

1x Secret Pass to the Treasures

Extra: 2

1x Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon (Can be replaced with Master of Oz)

1x Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon

Most of us on here are experts and shouldn't have trouble figuring this out.  I'll write up a guide later, though.  Besides, I still haven't been able to test this build.

Inti    79

I found this deck online and surpassingly it does a very good job against lv 40 Bakura. It has a slightly higher chance then Burn and is cheaper then any other farming deck I seen online and does not require a drop skill.

Skill:Draw Sense:Spell/Trap (LV 13 Yami Yugi/Odion can obtain this skill).

Monsters:19

1x Spirit Ryu

18x Vanilla Dragons 

Spell:1

Heart of The Underdog 

Since this Bakura is not using Sphere Kuriboh it is easier to OTK him with Spirit Ryu and it gets a score of 6000. If he has a facedown I would recommend to attack it incase its a Man-Eater Bug which you want to kill incase you want to block attack and the deck can lose if he summons Dark Ruler+1600 fiend+Swords/Ectoplasmer. 

Edited by Inti
  • Upvote 1

IRLAlex    116

I was wrecking lv40-50 bakura with 5k output pretty consistently with this for the record (until he started to spam Ha Des)

Life Cost 0

1 Sphere Kuriboh

3 Dekochi

3 Cyber Stein

1 Crystal Seer

3 Riryoku

1 Shard of Greed (honestly kind of garbage because of final though)

1 Gift of the Martyr

2 Security Orb

1 Interdimensional Matter Transporter

3 Jar of Greed

1 Windstorm of Equata

1 BEUD

1 Master of Oz

Filler Fusions (2600 atk on average). 

Good if you're focused on only farming DP at the least.

This is the deck I've been using for Bakura 40.  Created by a Japanese guy on YouTube, and with a slight modification (-1 Breaker, +1 Berry).

Deck: 20

Skill: Destiny Draw

Monsters: 3

1x Summoner of Illusions

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

1x Card Breaker

Spells: 9

3x Supremacy Berry

2x Union Attack

1x Dimensionhole

1x De-Spell

1x Pot of Benevolence

1x Secret Pass to the Treasures

Traps: 8

3x Des Counterblow

2x Nutrient Z

3x Enchanted Javelin

Extra Deck: 1

1x Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon

Scores around 7K consistently, and trying to figure out how to boost it to 8k.  It loses to bad luck, which doesn't happen that often, and bad choices with Destiny Draw.  Requires a lot of thought throughout the duel.

EDIT: Temple of the Kings glitch has been fixed, but even after modifying the deck above to use it, and better reflect my deck from the last event, I realized I'm still a few hundred points short.  This is my current deck.  Am going to give it a shot now.

Monsters: 3

1x Des Kangaroo

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

1x Big Koala

Spells: 10

1x Fusion Gate (Glossy)

1x Sorcerous Spell Wall

3x Supremacy Berry

2x Union Attack

1x De-Spell

1x Pot of Benevolence

1x Secret Pass to the Treasures (Glossy)

Traps: 7

1x The Golden Apples

1x Des Counterblow (Glossy)

2x Nutrient Z (1x Glossy)

3x Enchanted Javelin (1x Glossy)

Extra Deck: 1

1x Master of Oz

With the addition of the Fusion Summon bonus, I should THEORETICALLY be able to score 8200 with this.  Previous build worked, but used BEUD/Serket/Temple/Celestial instead of Oz/Kangaroo/Koala/Fusion Gate.  I may replace Sorcerous Spell Wall with something else entirely, though.  Probably some +500 Equip Spell.

Edited by Starlight Warrior

dexer008    805

So I had no idea what farming was until 2 days ago..... this is after the fact I'm level 20 and having been wasting gems on the earth packs trying to make a baboon beast deck. I'm trying to get something relevantly easy going, waiting for the card trader to stock cerberus again (he had it like once from memory? hasn't stocked it since :/ ). So I pulled a megarock dragon and trying to make a farm deck via that, how do you think this might pan out? I've moved onto neos impact to try and pull some magical merchant to go with the rock deck, and also maybe get the lv4 ritual guy as I read up that's another viable strategy with blue eyes/ ritual weapons. 

My deck is this;

Deck: 22

Monsters: 17

1 Megarock Dragon

17 Rock monsters

Spells: 2

1 Wonder Balloons (To discard all the drawn rocks)

1 Stop Defense

Traps 2:

2 Needle Bug Nest (If I pull the combo pieces early then this speeds up the game)

Any ideas to make it better/ other alternative farming decks I could make with relatively ease? As I said I'm Stage 20, and haven't unlocked a great deal of good abilities either, and my highest characters are kaiba and yami yugi at lv15. Seems like it's going to take ages to progress as far as some people have unless I drop money on this game ( considering it, I actually really like it) . 

Edited by dexer008
  • Upvote 1

knives1990    262

Do you have paradox brothers unlocked? Also reach stage 30 as you can then challenge the legendary duelists at lvl 40 which gives you the best chances at getting the SR/UR

dexer008    805

I do not, I've heard they have some good abilities though? And still level 20, have to grind up to that stage. 

1 hour ago, dexer008 said:

I do not, I've heard they have some good abilities though? And still level 20, have to grind up to that stage. 

You'll need to wait until their next unlock event, unfortunately.  Event exclusive character.  But yes, they've got some great skills.

"Elements, Unite!" starts you off with 500 LP, your opening hand is only 1x Gate Guardian, and its pieces are on your field in ATK, but cannot attack and their effects are negated.  Great for farming decks.

Three-Star Demotion lets you pay 2000 LP to downgrade all monsters in your hand by 3 Levels until the end of the turn, even if you Summon them.  Good for farming and PVP, but will be getting nerfed in the future.  The cost will be changed to 3000 LP.  It may still be good for farming after that, but I'm not sure yet.

They also have Guardian Call, which works like all the other "draw random X card" skills: Lose 1800+ total, your next draw can be changed to a random "Guardian" monster.  Guardian Statue, anyone?

dexer008    805

Dam oh well.

I got some random drop skills with bandit kieth today, got balance and draw sense: Fire. Any good strategies for them?  The rock otk strategy has also been working too, I ditched the traps to make it more consistent. 

knives1990    262

If you have anyone with draw sense dark, Yugis sorcery conduit, or draw sense low level, Cerberus is likely your best bet to farm. Play a single Cerberus as your only monster then fill the deck with spells including stop defense and like riryoku etc to make him over 9999 attack differential. It works on anyone that doesn't have stuff that interrupts your play. It even works against Kaiba as long as you play some traps or something to stop his econ plays. I got surprise present from tea early in the game and that's a great skill for farming as well since the basic strategy can work against any of the LD's, although it is a drop skill. So for a starting point use someone with draw sense dark, low lvl, or yugis sorcery conduit. 

Nex    52

Just to clarify a few things from the above you need Draw Sense LIGHT for cerberus and I've been hearing ever since the 1.71 update the AI won't activate jam breeding machine if you gift exchange or surprise present it (this was from a bunch of people complaining about bakura but one did mention ishizu doesn't so might extend to all LDs). Also since kaiba was brought up you'll need not only riryoku field to deal with e-con but also something like wicked breaking flamberge - baou to negate his dimensional warrior, sure he won't ram it if you make cerberus big enough before he draws into it but the added insurance is nice since you won't get cerberus to 5200 within the first few turns consistently. All the same I wouldn't advocate cerberus for kaiba but it is great against  some of the other LDs. I wouldn't worry about it till you hit 30 like was mentioned before but some cards to pick up along the way are definitely rai mei and the unhappy girl (both from valkyrie's rage) they're just great for stalling to collect your pieces with or without using tea's holy guard skill. If you can grab blue-eyes ultimate or master of oz from a pack definitely level odion (when you unlock him) for temple of the kings and mystical beast serket those paired with gift of the martyr (chaotic compliance) and piranha army (age of discovery) are an easy way to hit the over 9999 mark and it's splashable in most any farming deck you'll want to make. 

Edited by Nex
  • Upvote 1

knives1990    262

I've been using up these dice on bakura and he does still activate jam breeding/eye of truth with gift or using surprise present, as long as he doesn't have a different spell to activate 

On 7/8/2017 at 2:07 PM, knives1990 said:

I've been using up these dice on bakura and he does still activate jam breeding/eye of truth with gift or using surprise present, as long as he doesn't have a different spell to activate 

Unfortunately, that still means the strategy is no longer viable.  There's no effective way to manipulate what Spells he has access to, and no other means of forcing Bakura to activate Jam Breeding Machine.  Lvl.30 seems to be the way to go when farming for points.

Nex    52

Did  you update to 1.71? It's been working for me since I did.

Super Joey has reappeared.  Labyrinth Builder decks seem to be the ideal farming method.  The only problem is that SJ won't show up more than 15 times during the event.  Spawn rate is just as terrible as every other random-appearance event, drop rates are atrocious, and I doubt I'll see Lvl.40 more than five times during the whole thing.  I've dueled him three times now, all at Lvl.30.  The only Super Rare I got from him was a third copy of Graceful Dice.

I fully expect to be denied even one copy of two of the cards I don't have.  Just like last time, and just like literally every other LD event.

Nex    52

Yeah about the fight him 15 times mission reward that's not the maximum number of times joey will show up (unless you have shit luck). The third yugi event did the same thing but you could still encounter yugi even after fulfilling the mission. 

2 hours ago, Nex said:

Yeah about the fight him 15 times mission reward that's not the maximum number of times joey will show up (unless you have shit luck). The third yugi event did the same thing but you could still encounter yugi even after fulfilling the mission. 

I'm well aware that it's not supposed to be the maximum.  But even if I do get more duels than that against him, it still won't total out to more than 20.  25 or 30 if Konami decides they feel generous.

Last time, there was a glitch that caused Super Joey to remain in Duel World even after defeating him.  It was supposedly fixed, but after getting shafted as badly as I have in every single event, I'd abuse that glitch maliciously.

knives1990    262

I mean today was the first day of the event and I've played him like 7 times. Granted I'm off work today so I have the time 

10 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

I mean today was the first day of the event and I've played him like 7 times. Granted I'm off work today so I have the time 

I don't even HAVE work.  I should be seeing him a lot too, but I didn't last time, and I don't expect to this time.  Even if I do, I guarantee there are two cards that I will NOT be able to acquire during this event.  It's the same for me with every event like this.

knives1990    262
2 hours ago, Starlight Warrior said:

I don't even HAVE work.  I should be seeing him a lot too, but I didn't last time, and I don't expect to this time.  Even if I do, I guarantee there are two cards that I will NOT be able to acquire during this event.  It's the same for me with every event like this.

What sucks is you'll almost never get anything from level 30, so half of the time you won't even have the good odds to get the drops. But there's no point being pessimistic about it

knives1990    262

Spiritual Wind Art can present a problem for the Labarynth Builder farm deck, so a combination of last turn Storm and some NoE or more storms/ways to stop Wind Art is necessary. I was already using NoE to make sure I kill Kunai, and didn't expect the Wind Art