• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
muh 100 godzillion

arg ac shitpost

45 posts in this topic

i had a little less schoolwork this semester cus reasons so i decided to go to a yugioh tournament. i only went to 2 last year and this will prob be my only one this year. on the whole im not that interested in the game and, while it's weird to say at 19, im growing out of it. 

due to lack of interest, it can't be said that i tried that hard in preparing for this tournament. it's true that i built a really strong deck (main deck at least,) but several mistakes in methodology were made in full consciousness of making them. 

among these were:

• assuming people were just ignorant for playing 3 tierra and that they thought they'd resolve 3 imagination. i didn't know it could send other copies of itself as evident by the feature 
  • i only tested vs zoo. my first match ever vs paleozoic and invoked were literally IN the tournament
  • i only worked on my main deck. my side and extra were completed the day of the tournament out of the back of my friend jeremy's car

there were others. the obvious result was a strong main deck, shit side and extra, and shit technical play vs any non-zoo. 

here's the list:

main: 60

2 devyaty

2 onuncu

3 attondel

2 seitsemas

2 sjette

2 piaty

2 patrulea

2 harmadik

2 antra

3 deca

1 dino kaiju

1 spider kaiju

1 turtle kaiju

2 snow

2 maxx

3 grass

3 left arm

3 advance draw

3 trade in

3 imagination

3 vanishment

3 slumber

2 twin twister

1 seven star sword

1 hand destruction

1 rekindling

1 monster gate

1 reasoning

1 foolish

1 one for one

1 void feast

extra: garbage

side: who cares

this deck blinds second btw. 

r1: dentist (idk how to spell it,) mirror

g1: i activate feast

g2: idr but he won

g3: i activate feast

1-0

r2: guy, zombie

g1: i godhand and atk for game

g2: he lets me take back a fuck up where i didnt know his lonefire had a banish eff and i win cus of it

2-0

r3: jeff/otkcentral, metalfoe zoo

g1: i grass into the next dimension

g2: we grind for a while but he takes it

g3: see g1

3-0

r4: guy, invoked, livestreamed

g1: idk what his cards do so i lose an otherwise winnable game

g2: i learn what his cards do halfway through but its time in the round so we draw

3-0-1

r5: paulie, zoo

g1: i slumber + grass him into the next solar system

g2: i get vanity'd into the next spacetime continuum

g3: see g1

4-0-1

r6: stephen, zoo

g1: i grass and win

g2: hes smart and makes me go first. we grind for a while and i almost take it but lose by a little over 1k health

g3: i brick

4-1-1

r7: slightly irritated guy, paleozoic

g1: idk what his shit does so i misplay a lot but win somehow

g2: idk what his shit does so i misplay a lot and obv lose

g3: idk what his shit does so i misplay a lot and let him go first which i didnt know was wrong so my decree sucks and basically kms

dropped

oh well. it was ignorant of me to go 6ish hours out to a tournament without caring about doing well but its w/e. in relevant news, idk how much the new baboon card will change shit but this deck might very well still be applicable after it comes out and might still be very fucking strong. just make a good side. and extra. i might help a little here and there. gl

i would take out the draw cards and kaijus and add mallet+desires+hand traps+chalice. 

i think u  have to use zoo for now bc of the draw 3/5.  it doesn't help with blinding 2nd, but it helps so much g2/3 when going 2nd is nowhere near as good as going 1st with zoo. 

i think infernoids is one of the best decks to  abuse the norden combo with so we should be a strong contender for the next 2 months

yeah i know "going second" or whatever but srsly just play some fucking zoos

this deck is fine with baobaboon legal, metalfoe zoo is still dogshit

12 hours ago, buckwheatloaf said:

i would take out the draw cards and kaijus and add mallet+desires+hand traps+chalice. 

i think u  have to use zoo for now bc of the draw 3/5.  it doesn't help with blinding 2nd, but it helps so much g2/3 when going 2nd is nowhere near as good as going 1st with zoo. 

i think infernoids is one of the best decks to  abuse the norden combo with so we should be a strong contender for the next 2 months

you end up needing more mills than you think you do so desires kinda sucks. reasoning and monster gate give you an advantage agaisnt other decks above 40 cards so other hand traps is a no-go. you literally dont need chalice or its counterpart void seer cus you just keep forcing devyatys into backrow and win

you can side zoo for going first against players that you think, after winning g1, are smart enough to make you go first. thats about it, and it has nothing really to do with the draw 3/5. also kaijus and the draw cards are amazing you're 100% wrong.

i think it will still be good too.

12 hours ago, mmf said:

yeah i know "going second" or whatever but srsly just play some fucking zoos

you can side it but maining them is ignant. dont brush away going second its actually just too powerful to resolve grass for the extra cards and just win cus of it, and the extra draw shit helps you do that, and they combo with the draw cards. its actually just game 

not really tryna have a theory thread tho, im already quite convinced of the main. its just the extra and side that need work, most id change in the main is a few cards. 

basically the main is fine but i didnt do well (a tie and a draw) just cus i didnt practice right, against a variety of decks. the extra and side could use work tho obv. you can convert out the draws and kaiju stuff for zoo but youd want them going second so my idea is vs players you think are smart enough to let you go first you side in the zoo, and players not as good you keep roughly the same main

the draw cards and kaijus are not good because they are inconsistent. desires and mallet are just better because they are standalone cards that can always be used. 

also there is like 25 lists of pure 60 card infernoid (without zoos) that did well in big events in the ocg that i collected. there is not a single trade in, seven swords, hand destruction, or card advance among them. but there is plenty of pot of desires, a lot of into the void, and a decent number of mallet and upstart.  the theory behind desires and mallet seems perfectly sound to me. the theory behind a inconsistent draw card is that you have to have draw power no matter what, and they're the best you have. but thankfully they're no where near the best you have. the power of zoos going first (which can draw 4 +kagutsuchi with 2 subs) or the power of mallet and desiers going 2nd, are all so much better.

all these inferoid decks succeeded in a very aggressive meta of pure zoos in the ocg. some of the reason is ntss that we dont have. but the other part is they were built logically by asians. 

http://pastebin.com/3fCeLRmZ

9 hours ago, muh 100 godzillion said:

not really tryna have a theory thread tho, im already quite convinced of the main. its just the extra and side that need work, most id change in the main is a few cards. 

if u dont want to talk about it i get that. if i made a crazy sculpture of half a giraffe and half a elephant i might wanna post some pics of it, but i might not want to talk about why i made it like that. ur deck was def creative lol. 

Sort of like how you don't like to talk about the fact that you're sexually attracted to underage boys, am I right?

just stop posting buckwheats

4 hours ago, ACP said:

Sort of like how you don't like to talk about the fact that you're sexually attracted to underage boys, am I right?

YES like that

25 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

just stop posting buckwheats

why dont YOU stop downvoting me huh HUH 

his deck idea with using the synergy between those draw cards and kaijus and infernoids was creative but it cant be good. cant i be allowed to explain why the generic draw cards are better without getting a downvote hurled at me >_> 

the pojo thread has way better infernoid discussion than anything thats been discussed on this DOWNVOTER-FILLED site anyway. ill just not come here anymore but you guys would miss me. 

1 minute ago, buckwheatloaf said:

the pojo thread has way better infernoid discussion than anything thats been discussed on this DOWNVOTER-FILLED site anyway. ill just not come here anymore but you guys would miss me. 

you like pojo cuz its easier to prey on young boy, like the mexican guy you were in love but he stopped contacting u

3 minutes ago, Digbick said:

you like pojo cuz its easier to prey on young boy, like the mexican guy you were in love but he stopped contacting u

the mexican boy is not from pojo i just mentioned him on there one time. and i still felt heart broken from that situation :'( 

The only reason I'm not downvoting you is because I actually like the fact people are discussing yugioh. That doesn't mean you're not wrong:

Pot of Desires does provide 2 draws and is 'consistent' and Monahan did play them at some point, then dropped to 1 copy, then to 0 apparently. You have to realize that you play 6 copies of That Grass is Greener if you include Left Arm's Offering, which is about what the entire deck is based around, which is the reason you play drawcards to begin with: drawing into them. With Desires, you may have a slightly higher 'consistency' (although not if you play 3 because double drawing etc, although Hand Destruction does mitigate this somewhat, but not enough since you'd rather discard Infernoids etc. with it anyway), but you lose 10 cards from your deck, which is relevant. You draw into That Grass but it will be half as powerful, and it won't win you the game, so there's 'no point'.

As for Magical Mallet, I've suggested this as well, I think it has potential because you can dig for Grass/your powercards without losing cards in deck for That Grass, although you're losing 1 card in hand for it as well. You obviously can't play too much negs though, and if you already play Hand Destruction, assume you need to resolve a Kaiju or Slumber at some point as well, and half of your That Grass copies in deck are 'Left Arm Offering', it's not as much of an auto-include as you'd think, since you have to calculate the amount of times it will be good versus the amount of times the -1 in hand will end up costing you, etc, but in general I'd say it's definitely a card to consider.

Hand Destruction is just good, as long as you expect your opponent to have 2+ cards in hand I assume you want to play it. It's always live, gets Infernoids in grave, and digs your deck: what more do you want.

You can't just say 'cut Kaiju/Slumber for Desires', Kaiju's break boards so you have to explain why you think breaking boards isn't necessary at all. You also want him to cut Advance Draw, Trade-In, Sacred Seven Swords, but there are some sick combo's involving Infernoids, Kaiju's, etc. to make these drawcards live WAY more often than you'd think, and you'd have to know all these first before you can judge about them, and other decks don't use them because they haven't thought about it. I'll let Monahan explain the drawcards himself but from what I get from it Advance Draw is the most broken one because not only is it always live, it's actually needed to clear your field to fix your LV's to make certain plays that you otherwise couldn't - you can't just say 'cut X broken card because others haven't discovered it yet and I don't understand how it works' - you ask him why he plays them, so he can explain, then you may form a judgment after testing with it for a while.

whats weird is his name is marcos which is close to markus and he even had the same first and last initials MM.  

7 minutes ago, buckwheatloaf said:

his deck idea with using the synergy between those draw cards and kaijus and infernoids was creative but it cant be good. 

well a lot of the basis for your opinion on anything is literally based on how the OCG builds decks, which is both flawed reasoning and anecdotal evidence.

Furthered by the point that- joking or not- you made a post later in the thread completely changing your opinion based on OCG decklists that just came out earlier this evening.

Well OCG decklists and how many copies of a card you've hoarded with the intent to profit after the price of said card rises

i was just making a joke because no one takes me taking the ocg seriously seriously. they think im a ocg cult follower. i am unsure about hand destruction but i dont actually count that as ocg evidence for it since 1) its the first time i seen it in a ocg lawnmowing deck and 2) it was a small locals. all the infernoids i cited came from larger events.

18 minutes ago, buckwheatloaf said:

why dont YOU stop downvoting me huh HUH 

12 minutes ago, buckwheatloaf said:

Stop doing this. This isn't discussing yugioh: don't complain about neg reps and don't pull the stupid 'I'll go to better sites and you'll guys miss me' card when we literally don't give a fuck. It's ironic because Monahan discussing Infernoid here is actually one of the best Infernoid discussions going on and he's literally pioneering this deck atm, but because OCG - with a different card pool such as the Predaplant deck you posted - hasn't caught onto it yet, you think it sucks. 

lots of inferoids have topped already. lots of people are playing the deck and making their own builds. hes just playing the deck like everyone else is playing the deck. and he made some unusual choices. i made some unusual choices when i played it (i used  sauravis) and someone on pojo used a zoo list with brilliant fusion the other day at their regional. there is plenty of people thinking about the deck and coming up with stuff they think is good. i dont think any of these unusual things are really any good, but its cool we are trying things. 

but we all missed the zoo combo which we should've been doing a month ago, and thats the biggest discovery i know of that's occurred that impacts infernoids. there's nothing out there to discover except what the ocg already did, or what they couldn't do, which is what this norden thing falls  under. anything i was thinking about was just trying to compensate for not having ntss, or i woulda been happy to netdeck :D 

Can we please suspend buckwhearloaf temporarily for this, just so he learns? I was thinking something along 365 days and then see if he improved.