knives1990

Magical Meltdown + Fusion vs Artifact Sanctum/Scythe

knives1990    262

I have Magical Meltdown face-up and I activate Invocation, to which my opponent responds with Artifact Sanctum, bringing out Artifact Scythe. Will Meltdown prevent Scythe from activating its no Extra Deck effect when my fusion monster is summoned in this scenario?

Chaos_Blaze    72

There wouldn't be an interaction between Magical Meltdown and Artifact Scythe in this scenario.

Based off your scenario (assuming no other chain links), the chain would be:

CL1: Invocation

CL2: Artifact Sanctum

Sanctum would resolve, summoning Artifact Scythe. Then Invocation would resolve, summoning the monster you chose to Fusion Summon.

Artifact Scythe would then activate on a separate chain, as it has now been successfully Special Summoned.

------------

Also, Magical Meltdown only prevents negation of cards that would include a Fusion Summon. Cards that prevent Fusion Monsters to be summoned (such as Dimensional Barrier), would not be affected by Magical Meltdown. 

EDIT: Crossed-out part incorrect, misread the question as well so this comment is pretty irrelevant.

Edited by Chaos_Blaze

Me.    72

When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Aleister the Invoker" from your Deck to your hand. The activation of your cards and effects that include an effect that Fusion Summons a Fusion Monster cannot be negated, also your opponent's cards and effects cannot activate when a monster is Fusion Summoned this way. You can only activate 1 "Magical Meltdown" per turn.

Chaos_Blaze    72
3 minutes ago, Me. said:

When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Aleister the Invoker" from your Deck to your hand. The activation of your cards and effects that include an effect that Fusion Summons a Fusion Monster cannot be negated, also your opponent's cards and effects cannot activate when a monster is Fusion Summoned this way. You can only activate 1 "Magical Meltdown" per turn.

You're right, my bad. I misread the question completely. And completely forgot about the last effect.

SageRhapsody    261

It's good to note that the second effects blocks any and all opponent's effect/card activations once that fusion hits. This makes activating any spellspeed two abilities in that window useful because they can't chain such as MST or say even using Raiden's own effect on a quasar for example. In case this wasn't obvious