ACP

YGO Format Interest Poll (current vs goats)

Format Interest Poll  

61 members have voted

1. 1. To what extent are you interested in playing the current format and the goat format?

• Strong interest in current format; strong interest in goat format
    • Strong interest in current format; mild interest in goat format
    • Strong interest in current format; no interest in goat format
    • Mild interest in current format; strong interest in goat format
    • Mild interest in current format; mild interest in goat format
    • Mild interest in current format; no interest in goat format
    • No interest in current format; strong interest in goat format
    • No interest in current format; mild interest in goat format
    • No interest in either format

ACP    33423

Please answer the above poll. I plan on bringing back DuelistGroundz Yugioh warring in the near future (maybe in 2 weeks if I get everything figured out). "Warring" for those who don't know, is the act of forming online teams of Yugioh players and battling each other for pride and for prizes.

It's obvious that our two most popular formats here are the normal, Konami-approved, advanced format and the 2005 Goat format. What I am trying to figure out is what extent there is overlap in the interest of these formats. That is, do most current format players like goat format as well? Do most goat format players like the current format, or are they playing goats specifically to avoid the current format? The way that people answer this poll may affect how I decide to combine or separate current format/goat format warring, so please be honest (no one is going to judge you if you admit to liking or not liking a format). For the purposes of this question, assume that goat format would be without Exarion Universe.

In the poll, "strong interest" indicates a format that you know you would be excited to play. "Mild interest" describes a format that you ordinarily don't play too much, but you think that there is a pretty good chance that could learn and enjoy. "No interest" indicates a format that you know that you would not enjoy (ie you probably have tried it and hated it). For example, I have answered "mild interest in current format, strong interest in goat format" because I enjoy goat format very much, but I also would be down to learn a bit about the current format and play some matches from time to time, even though I wouldn't consider it to be as good as goat format.

Zayelion    97

Exarion Universe or no Exarion Universe?

2 minutes ago, Zayelion said:

Exarion Universe or no Exarion Universe?

10 hours ago, ACP said:

For the purposes of this question, assume that goat format would be without Exarion Universe.

• Upvote 3

+Jazz    5537

Would you be able to share any more info on what you are planning, Allen?

ACP    33423

Not much is set in stone. Seasons will last 3-4 months. Approximately $150 of TGA store credit to be given away every season (can be spent on Yugioh cards, MTG cards, DGz shirts, DGz loyalist, and more). Teams will be formed by a draft system very similar to the NFL to prevent all of the best players from forming a superteam and collecting the prize money every season (unfortunately, this is really the only fair way to do it).

Myself, Satchmo, and MMF will be the War Captains (the people running warring) and will start finalizing the details soon.

+Jazz    5537
26 minutes ago, ACP said:

Not much is set in stone. Seasons will last 3-4 months. Approximately $150 of TGA store credit to be given away every season (can be spent on Yugioh cards, MTG cards, DGz shirts, DGz loyalist, and more). Teams will be formed by a draft system very similar to the NFL to prevent all of the best players from forming a superteam and collecting the prize money every season (unfortunately, this is really the only fair way to do it).

Myself, Satchmo, and MMF will be the War Captains (the people running warring) and will start finalizing the details soon.

Will war games be played on LackeyDGZ or other?

Duelingbook is wholly inadequate for warring at this current stage.

ACP    33423

Whichever programs are usable once warring gets started.

ACP    33423

I think we're pretty close to getting all of the details figured out for this.

• Upvote 2

+Silver    1012
29 minutes ago, ACP said:

I think we're pretty close to getting all of the details figured out for this.

pls no ban bls

SageRhapsody    397

Give me LTGY format or give me death!

Even though I don't love zoo format at all because I think it's extremely boring I think modern ygo would be more interesting to war in compared to goats because of how "solved" goats is as a format. Sure goats for used more on skill probably but it's definitely a lot less exciting to play as well as do all the other cool stuff warring entails. Such as testing different builds, decks, as well as scouting out war metals/what a team is likely to play and building a good counter deck to that etc. 

ACP    33423

Exarionless goats is definitely not solved. If you think it is, then I guess you know something that we don't and we about to get wrecked.

As I've said to other people who have requested various past formats (Edison, Dragon Ruler, etc) you have to show that the interest in the format exists first. Start some discussion in the past formats forum, get some other people involved. Then if the interest grows, we can run a tournament or something.

• Upvote 3

+Jazz    5537
7 minutes ago, Silver said:

> tfw people still run airknight instead of zaborg

no

+Jazz    5537

I cannot wait to duel you

+Silver    1012
1 minute ago, Jazz said:

I cannot wait to duel you

bring it plonker

+Jazz    5537

Running Zaborg is like driving automatic and Airknight is like driving manual

Get good

• Upvote 1

+Silver    1012
1 minute ago, Jazz said:

Get good

Lol wat. 

Airknight is driving alone and Zaborg is getting a handjob

• Upvote 2

Grimey    8115

Gonna join and play 0 games. Hopefully my team is good enough to carry me to a $150 win. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ACP    33423

Don't you mean you'll play one match, bitch about the format, and then play 0 games?

Either way, people will be dropped from their teams if they are inactive to prevent exactly that sort of thing from happening.

• Upvote 1

ACP    33423
1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Get good

So what is dual clutch in this weird analogy then?

Grimey    8115
10 minutes ago, ACP said:

Don't you mean you'll play one match, bitch about the format, and then play 0 games?

Either way, people will be dropped from their teams if they are inactive to prevent exactly that sort of thing from happening.

Seems you're forgetting that @Gojira and I (75% Gojira, 25% me), were and always will be the best goat format team the site has ever seen. 

NONE OF YOU ARE SAFE FROM GOJIRA. 

• Upvote 1