ACP

List of Approved Dueling Simulators

»ACP    33406

#1: LackeyDGZ

This simulator is specific to Goat and Limited formats. While it requires an install, unlike all the other approved simulators, it is by far the most reliable, as game states can be easily reloaded following disconnections. Most importantly, it is run and supported by DuelistGroundz. Installation instructions can be found here: http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/topic/169700-lackeydgz-guides-including-how-to-install-and-faq/

#2: DuelingBook

This simulator is new and has surged in popularity. However, as of now, it is unstable and has a lot of downtime. Be warned, it is known to be unreliable. Use at your own risk. If DuelingBook is not online, it means that you will have to use another program.

#3. Untap.in

This simulator is clean, stable, fully manual, and browser-based. Like Lackey, it allows players to reconnect and resume their games after disconnecting, meaning no tedious reconstruction process is necessary when someone disconnects on Untap. Goat format players can also use old card texts via Untap’s custom card interface.

Why is YGOPro not on the list?

We will only allow programs for warring that are unexploitable, bug-free, and an accurate representation of real life play. All YGOPro variants have some issues that prevent us from approving them including:

- Inaccurate card scripts and rulings for the TCG

- Turn-based timers causing players to be awarded game-losses even when playing quickly

- A known exploit in which, after playing game 1, a player can view the replay to access his opponent's entire decklist for games 2 and 3.

I have a suggestion for another program

Is the program unexploitable, bug-free, and an accurate representation of real life play? If so, great. Post it below, and we will investigate it.

Me.    59

Requesting DuelingBook to be removed from the list of approved dueling simulators due to general instability.

• Downvote 2

Me.    59
On 2017-04-10 at 11:55 PM, ACP said:

Why is YGOPro not on the list?

We will only allow programs for warring that are unexploitable, bug-free, and an accurate representation of real life play.

As if DuelingBook is bug-free, I just see hypocrisy here.

»ACP    33406

As of today, DuelingBook has no major bugs. Obviously there is no such thing as a 100% bug-free program. You should find that it is just as good as DuelingNetwork was before it shut down.

mark    3105
6 minutes ago, ACP said:

As of today, DuelingBook has no major bugs. Obviously there is no such thing as a 100% bug-free program. You should find that it is just as good as DuelingNetwork was before it shut down.

Did this happen in the last few days? Because before that, siding would glitch almost every time, and every duel I watched someone either disconnected, bugged/glitched, or something would go wrong. For example every duel Markus played (which is a few days ago at most, I think) he couldn't target cards at some point, stuff like that. 

»ACP    33406

Siding glitches still happen, but this is largely inconsequential as you can just rehost, reconnect, and try to side again. I've watched probably at least a hundred matches over the last month and there have been no bugs that have rendered the match completely unplayable. Realize that some 50% or so of the people who war simply will not use anything other than DuelingBook, and thus, eliminating it as an option would kill warring as we know it.

Me.    59

Almost every match I play on duelingbook, one player eventually experiences the bug that hovering the mouse over a card doesn't make the menu over it appear. The card just gets stuck where it was and it becomes impossible to interact with it.  Not to mention that duelingbook is still flash based and the flash plugin just loves to crash.