ACP

Handling Disputes and Inactivity

»ACP    33403

Disputes

Just like in dueling in real life, there may be a time at which you and your opponent have a disagree on rules, policy, or game mechanics. Luckily, we have the internet at our disposal. First things first, see if you can look up whatever the rule or interaction is online. We are (mostly) adults, and we expect players to accept evidence when they see it.

Additionally, it's worth noting that if you disconnect from a duel and cannot reconnect (some programs like DuelingBook do not allow you to reconnect) you will be given a game loss for that duel. If your opponent does disconnect, you must take a screenshot as proof of the fact that you were also still connected (as opposed to a server-wide disconnect).

If you cannot find the answer to your question online or if your opponent is being exceptionally difficult with you, contact a member of War Council through our discord channel. These are our hand-picked judges, which will be able to resolve your disputes. The list of War Council members is given below.

DuelistGroundz username/DGZ discord nickname:

ACP/ACP

Satchmo/Vice Captain Satchmo

MMF/(frog emoji)

mark/vig=scum

Digbick/digbick

Mascis/Gravekeeper's Russian Spy
Gojira/Gojira
Silver/Silver

If there is no War Council member online, post your question in our rulings forum or in Konami’s official judge facebook group Adjudication Conflagration (if you are a member or know someone that is a member) and wait for someone to answer your question.

Warring Inactivity

All members are expected to be reasonably active and dodging (intentionally avoiding/ignoring people’s requests to duel) is heavily frowned upon. If you do not play a war match for 30 consecutive days in a row, you will be considered inactive, and you may be dropped from your team’s lineup.

All wars last for 10 days each, and a war is anywhere from 6-11 matches. This means if your team is able to complete 1 match per day, you should finish your wars on time. In the event that your war does not finish on time, the following process will be followed to determine the winner (for the purposes of team record).

- If at least 8 matches have been played, the two teams will be granted a 3-day extension to finish the war.

- If one team has been overwhelming inactive (as judged by War Council), that team will be awarded the loss, regardless of the record in the war. If both teams are inactive, there will be a double loss.

- If one team has at least 2 more heart points than the other team, they will be given the win. Otherwise, both teams will receive a draw.

Just as in real life Yugioh, a draw counts for ⅓ of a win for the purposes of records. Attempting to intentionally draw a war is considered collusion and will be punished accordingly.

• Upvote 1

»ACP    33403
On 4/10/2017 at 6:27 PM, ACP said:

If your opponent does disconnect, you must take a screenshot as proof of the fact that you were also still connected (as opposed to a server-wide disconnect).

Note this clarification regarding disconnects.

• Upvote 1

»ACP    33403

Regarding cards that say "monster zone" (as well as Darkness Approaches, Magical Hats, etc), play as they read. The TCG has not received any erratas regarding these cards, and the phrase "monster zone", if it does not specify, means both the main monster zone and extra monster zone. We have received word that in the future, it is likely that 14 of these cards will receive errata in the TCG, but there is no way to know precisely which cards are receiving errata and when, so the only reasonable solution is to play as they read right now.

Examples:

- Meteor Black Comet Dragon and D/D/D Super Doom King Bright Armageddon do trigger if they are sent from the extra monster zone to the graveyard.

- Ground Collapse can select extra monster zones for its effect.

- Magical Hats can be used on a monster in an extra deck zone.

Note however that Ojama King cannot select extra monster zones for its effect, as it must target an opponent's monster zone, and extra monster zones are not considered to be owned by either player.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

mark    3105
18 hours ago, ACP said:

Regarding cards that say "monster zone" (as well as Darkness Approaches, Magical Hats, etc), play as they read. The TCG has not received any erratas regarding these cards, and the phrase "monster zone", if it does not specify, means both the main monster zone and extra monster zone. We have received word that in the future, it is likely that 14 of these cards will receive errata in the TCG, but there is no way to know precisely which cards are receiving errata and when, so the only reasonable solution is to play as they read right now.

Examples:

- Meteor Black Comet Dragon and D/D/D Super Doom King Bright Armageddon do trigger if they are sent from the extra monster zone to the graveyard.

Note however that Ojama King cannot select extra monster zones for its effect, as it must target an opponent's monster zone, and extra monster zones are not considered to be owned by either player.

edit: see allens post below

IMG_1661.PNG

IMG_1660.PNG

• Upvote 3

Me.    59
15 hours ago, ACP said:

Examples:

In the TCG, we play cards as they read UNLESS instructed otherwise by a higher authority. In this case, we are instructed otherwise by a higher authority and thus don't play them as written.

• Upvote 1

»ACP    33403

Update: Several cards have been named specifically by Julia as not working on extra monster zones. These cards are Ground Collapse, Zany Zebra, and "zone moving" cards like Senet Switch. For all other cards that specify "monster zone", play as written. Supposedly, eventually, there will be 14 cards in total that will be errata'd, but we have no way to confirm the identity of these cards until Konami does that for us.

Also, on a side note, the massive amount of disrespect by people on War Council is shocking to me. People threatening to quit, calling a dictator, saying that they were going to refuse to follow my ruling, etc. is not ok. Prior to today, the War Captains (myself, Satchmo, MMF) were in unanimous agreement that everything should be ruled play as written. It was not some decision that I made by myself just to make people angry. Realize that with new mechanics, Konami provides us with very little info and expects us to try to figure shit out for ourselves. We had a similar debacle when Xyz cards were released in 2011.

• Upvote 3

+Mascis    4496

This situation is pretty different than the XYZ clarification. You asked what the ruling was, got a shitty explanation (per konami's m.o.), but collectively chose to ignore it despite that ruling completely contradicting how you guys intended to rule these cards and how they worked.

dictator talk is hyperbole, but the should understand why people on the council are upset with this. Julia/Konami suck dick on rules updates like this but if the goal is to treat warring like every match is an official Konami event then it might be a good idea to not ignore what they rule 

• Upvote 2

+mmf    23484

we weren't ignoring what they ruled, we ruled correctly based on the info we had at the time

+mmf    23484

for anyone that wants to call allen a dictator or bitch about lack of transparency etc, you should know that I wanted to discuss the ruling in a private chat between me, allen, and satch, and leave all of you dipshits completely out of it because me, allen, and satch were literally the only people talking about the actual issues. everyone else kept bringing up irrel shit like "it would be too broken" (false and irrel), "julia gave you a ruling" (she really gave us everything except an explicit ruling), "just use OCG" (TCG requires more erratas than OCG), etc, and then silver went on a schpiel about voting and transparency every chance he got. allen shot my idea down and carried on with war council chat. so if anything, you should be going after me for being a dictator, not him

• Upvote 2

+Mascis    4496
2 minutes ago, mmf said:

we weren't ignoring what they ruled, we ruled correctly based on the info we had at the time

i apologize, i made my last post based on only reading the thread an not knowing how silver reacted. From going back on discord I can see that it was literally just him who had an issue here.

+Silver    965

My issue was how it was handled initially. Acp would not budge on his stance for pride or idfk. and he has been doing this the entire war season, going behind the rest of the council with mmf and satchmo making the main decisions like the dqs and rules. While they are high authority figures, they all seem to share the same view on things and I would like if all of war council could make decisions on things instead of those 3. Me and Tristan both fought for the errata and there's even posts on fb acp asking Julia to clarify. I don't know what happened since I got kicked from the war council channel for arguing to vote on the issue and then I left the dgz channel because I got tired of the politics behind the decisions made. I will not attempt to reclaim my post as captain because now I see the obvious attempts to slander my name by apparently calling acp a tyrannt and threatening to leave. I called him Allen C Pennington Trump Jr (at least I kept ur maiden name) and I didnt threaten to leave, I fucking left.

+Silver    965

Next time, have a good reason to kick me out, don't kick me out because you are losing an obvious argument if the sky is blue or not. 

»ACP    33403

You act like we kicked you out for no reason. Not backing up your arguments and just saying that anyone who disagrees with you is retarded is not how you are supposed to conduct yourself. Not just as a member of War Council, but on DGZ period. Tr!stan was reasonable throughout the entire discussion. You were not at all. It's ironic that you would criticize me for how I handled the issue seeing as you literally handled the entire thing about as horribly as humanly possible.

+Silver    965
6 minutes ago, ACP said:

You act like we kicked you out for no reason. Not backing up your arguments and just saying that anyone who disagrees with you is retarded is not how you are supposed to conduct yourself. Not just as a member of War Council, but on DGZ period. Tr!stan was reasonable throughout the entire discussion. You were not at all. It's ironic that you would criticize me for how I handled the issue seeing as you literally handled the entire thing about as horribly as humanly possible.

I asked for a vote P_p

ok stop exaggerating Jesus Christ 

»ACP    33403

Yes, 5 minutes into the discussion you asked for a vote before we could even agree on some basic facts, and then you threw a fit when we decided that it was best to actually discuss the issue first.

+mmf    23484
1 hour ago, Silver said:

My issue was how it was handled initially. Acp would not budge on his stance for pride or idfk. and he has been doing this the entire war season, going behind the rest of the council with mmf and satchmo making the main decisions like the dqs and rules. While they are high authority figures, they all seem to share the same view on things and I would like if all of war council could make decisions on things instead of those 3.

1. the alternative is letting everyone vote on everything which we've seen just leads to everyone voting for their own team's best interest

2. if all 3 of us were willing to rule this a certain way, maybe that should be a wakeup call for you and other players to stop viewing it as a black and white issue because it really was the farthest thing from one. i don't know where the "we all see things the same way" thing is coming from either??? just because we don't give allen long monologues about everything hes doing wrong in warring like every duelist and their dog doesn't mean we aren't arguing with him on things, we're just a little more tactful about it than some of the rest of the players in warring are lol

+Silver    965

And how do we know it's not happening between the 3? Ur telling me that acp dq on perovic after he told madgician to make a separate account and then banning the multi, but letting madgician join warring anyway and acp at the end winning him was not suspicious at all ? Okk

»ACP    33403

The following 14 cards have received official TCG errata. Please check the Konami card database for more details:

Ground Collapse
Magical Hats
Needle Wall
Number 57: Tri-Head Dust Dragon
Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier
Shifting Shadows
Wandering Mummy
Zany Zebra
Blasting Fuse
Darkness Approaches
Senet Switch
Alien Infiltrator