PSK

New Mafia Rules and Punishments (Next game can start)

196 posts in this topic

Just now, PSK said:

1. Do people want OMGUS? pos this post for yes, neg for no. 

2. Dare you to try it then lul 

3. Okie we can change up the wording. 

As for the approval thing, we should have enough mafioso now for there to be a secondary quick look over the game by a second mafioso in each case. This isn't really related so I'll leave it at that but remind me to come back to it at another time. 

1. No 

2. @mason 

3. It's not changing up the wording. Its changing the rule. By putting in a clause that results in punishing the faction, people will be disincentivized to fish for claims and ppl will be disincentivized from claiming. If the opposing party tries to bait a claim then they will get called out on it as they always do. 

It's actually pretty related 

Also I negged for no because thats what the post i quoted says

1 minute ago, Francis J Underwood said:

3. It's not changing up the wording. Its changing the rule. By putting in a clause that results in punishing the faction, people will be disincentivized to fish for claims and ppl will be disincentivized from claiming. If the opposing party tries to bait a claim then they will get called out on it as they always do. 

ok ill be sure to change up the wording to reflect that 

I know I'm not really involved in mafia, but I do appreciate your efforts to make the game easier to understand and more enjoyable.

23 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

2. I don't think the non-player exemption is going to be strictly enforced nor do I think its worth it. 

I'm not surprised you are against this rule because you post in every fucking game. In the game we just had, we had a player FOS you for being inactive since page 1, and people were actually suggesting that he was more likely to make this mistake as a town player. It can have just as much of an effect on the game as an OMGUSl and quite honestly it provides less entertainment value.

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, PSK said:

1. Do people want OMGUS? pos this post for yes, neg for no. 

I think I'm ok with it because other people like it and it's not a problem if done correctly, but I would like the rules to be clearer. Perhaps disallowing any mention of other players in the game dead or alive is a good place to start.

edit: basically clarify what you mean by "game relevant"

Edited by Jazz

I know what your plan is PSK you just want free rep!!!!

On a serious note, I think OMGUS-ing is fine unless people are literally retarded with it and purposely give away game-related info to purposely fuck up the game. 

Personally i like the OMGUS posts because they add a moment of relief to a tense game. 

Even doing it during the night really isn't all that big a deal if it's just the guy who got lynched/nk'd giving a final post. 

I think the best way to do it is don't make OMGUS'ing an official rule. Then we have people feeling like they have to do it, or people who will take it on themselves to interpret what an OMGUS should look like. If we just have as a sort of non-written agreement that nobody will say anything if you make one last post after dying as long as it's not game-relevant we should be in a better spot. 

5 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I'm not surprised you are against this rule because you post in every fucking game. In the game we just had, we had a player FOS you for being inactive since page 1, and people were actually suggesting that he was more likely to make this mistake as a town player. It can have just as much of an effect on the game as an OMGUSl and quite honestly it provides less entertainment value.

Yeah I was just going to mention that Francis was posting and repping in the last game and it made me think he was playing. Like yeah I should have read the player list, and I did but it's like 20 people and I forgot the full list. 

Maybe we could have a spectator thread for each game that players can't see? Would that be too hard to implement? This way people who don't use discord frequently can talk about the game as it goes on instead of scratching that itch in the actual game thread.

Like an over-arching general rule of "don't be retarded" attached to "you can make one post after dying"

If we're not allowed to be retarded any more that really sucks, because I am going to get banned after the next game I play.

Posted (edited)

Can we also make clear what fishing for claims is. Like that term is pretty nonsensical. Last game I mentioned how Jazz could be cop based on certain things he said, and he jumped on me saying I was fishing. That's bullshit. It should be okay to declare you think somebody is a certain role based on stuff they've said. How does one even "fish" for claims. It just makes no sense considering nothing I say can really force anyone to claim. 

Short of saying something like "Claim your role or i vote/lynch you", which even then, is still retarded considering you'll get modkilled for outing. 

It's just too stupid to be an actual rule considering "fishing" just doesn't make sense since nobody will claim in a no-claim game. 

At the end of the day you can't really stop someone from acting like they're a certain role, and you shouldn't since it's part of the game. Discussing this should also be part of the game imo.

Edited by SageRhapsody

Easy solution: Host full-claiming games only = )

12 minutes ago, The_Be(a)sT said:

Easy solution: Host full-claiming games only = )

fuck that, 

making the distinction in stone for omgus stuff is No Fun League tier stuff

We had a few questionable OMGUSes this past game:

1. Soph asking to kill mascis+sage

2. Sage saying I suck at mafia :D

3. crei putting me in a tag team wrestling meme with himself+zephyr

Which of these is okay and which is not? It's hard to understand from the "game relevant" clause.

My OMGUS wasn't meant to be done during the night btw. My phone data is shoddy so I hadn't seen the eod message yet. I apologized to faint for that.

no x3 

Btw crei's post was gold. If we lose that there's no point to mafia anymore. 

If I played mafia, I would definitely want no OMGUS. The game devolves into a pissing contest way too quickly.

29 minutes ago, rei said:

making the distinction in stone for omgus stuff is No Fun League tier stuff

1 hour ago, SageRhapsody said:

Maybe we could have a spectator thread for each game that players can't see? Would that be too hard to implement? This way people who don't use discord frequently can talk about the game as it goes on instead of scratching that itch in the actual game thread.

I don't think this is possible to do on the site, because Mafioso/Moderoid etc would be able to view it (at the very least, it would give rei yet another advantage beyond him reading our role PMs).

On OMGUS posts: Yes, they serve no real purpose. But they add a bit of fun to the game, which is always appreciated. I've always liked reading them and it shouldn't be too difficult to understand "don't fucking add game related info or otherwise try to push your agenda in your post". If multiple people keep abusing it then we can get rid of it, but I think that should be a last resort. 

like cmon guys so we want to get rid of "retiring as champion"?

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

We had a few questionable OMGUSes this past game:

1. Soph asking to kill mascis+sage

2. Sage saying I suck at mafia :D

3. crei putting me in a tag team wrestling meme with himself+zephyr

Which of these is okay and which is not? It's hard to understand from the "game relevant" clause.

tbf my pic had nothing to do with you or an intention to push for you i just liked the pic

but yeah i think we're all adults here and can actually understand what is okay and what isnt, I dont think we need to set every little thing in stone, just be fair to everyone playing and since you're dead dont post about the game.

I like the rules

I also like what psk did with the pos/neg to gather opinions

do you guys think Underwood should be banned?

pos for yes

neg for fuck yes

Rip crei's rep. 

Underwood Jr. > Underwood Sr.

24 minutes ago, confuse rei said:

tbf my pic had nothing to do with you or an intention to push for you i just liked the pic

but yeah i think we're all adults here and can actually understand what is okay and what isnt, I dont think we need to set every little thing in stone, just be fair to everyone playing and since you're dead dont post about the game.

I like the rules

I didn't mind the pic at all and I thought it was hilarious, but I saw JC complain about it in the thread. I don't care that much about these little things when there are so many more meaningful factors that go into the game.