PSK

New Mafia Rules and Punishments

mark    3105

May as well just make it a rule that screenshots arent allowed at all. They cause too much trouble and I cant think of a justifiable reason (outside of when the game requires it, such as innocent child that can confirm itself, or the role i had in beast's game). It also seemed part of activity monitoring so even with the rules as is, it wouldn't have been allowed either. 

Faint    5707

@Francis J Underwood

i got kicked in the ass for the wunter thing, which was a pile of bullshit (btw silver got a warning for the last game...so logically i should get a warning too right? #mafiarulezlogic ;) )

point is i still want to play mafia here

my experience of mafia here has been overall positive and even though i think warning me was bullshit, end of the day it literally means nothing to me as i never break rules and a "warning" that only lasts 3 games will ultimately have no effect on me because im generally squeaky clean

i get youre angry and i get its been bullshit (believe me i get it more than anyone else here), but the recent changes were literally the mafioso basically putting it ON PAPER that "this cant happen again and we dont want any player to be singled out" - this includes you, in fact id say the n0 rule was entirely done to work for your benefit and with you in mind!

i get youre angry at a lot that goes on, but take this as me asking you to keep playing mafia because playing with you is a genuinely pleasant experience (even when someone like myself makes shitty awful reads or something, rather than you going "LOL YOU FUCKING SUCK YOURE SO BAD GTFO" like malcolm does (asshole thing to do btw), you take the time to explain and help people like me improve and it makes mafia a more positive experience) - as a community we do not want to lose that

point is that the rules have changed,  with your feedback in mind, so rather than going "THIS ISNT ENOUGH I RETIRE" please take the time to give it a go and give the mafioso a chance (ftr i think jazz as mafioso is a hugely positive change towards fairness cos i agree with a lot of his interpretation in this section - though losing psk sucks)

if its still shit after 3-4 games and you still feel its bad, fine...but give them a chance to improve it rather than throwing the entire section into the garbage =)

• Upvote 2

Faint    5707

i do realize i complimented jazz in the last post which doesnt sit right with me

so let me correct the score by saying jazz you have ruined mafia and you probably like shit music and something something yugioh warrings and silver is right and ron weasley for president and VOTE DONALD TRUMP

give the bomb to francis

malcolm is a tier not s tier

tyranno is a better mafia player than rei

???

profit

• Upvote 1

Faint    5707
2 hours ago, The Antagonist said:

dead

arent you gonna give me a mafia warning for someone else posting the word "dead"?

i mean me getting a mafia warning for other peoples actions is standard proceedings, right?

Sophocles    2948

Faint please post in here when you see this so we know you got home safe from your binge drinking night 

• Upvote 1

Faint    5707
9 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

Faint please post in here when you see this so we know you got home safe from your binge drinking night 

Its morning babycakes im good

Wunterslaus    192

I laughed so fucking hard :') Thx faintiepoo ♡

• Upvote 1

+Gemstone Mine    2590

Because another community member has been given a verbal warning, Faint has been given 1 warning point.

• Upvote 2

Faint    5707
On 14/08/2017 at 10:04 PM, Gemstone Mine said:

Because another community member has been given a verbal warning, Faint has been given 1 warning point.

Well, we have consistency at least!

+JC.    4858

@little bug has been given 1 warning point for toxic behaviour towards TheGoldenTyranno in the aftergame thread and on discord. Please do not deride other players.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Faint    5707

Proposal: warnings for missing quotas

• Upvote 3

Faint    5707

Tyrannos game people keep missing it and its getting fcking stupid

• Upvote 3

Faint    5707

Why would anyome want to play or improve if most other people dont bother? Lioe i am makong active effort to improve at mafia here on dg, but wtf is the point of people signing up dont bother? 

Tbh the only mod that seems intent on helping the playerbase improve btw is jc...jazz as well but acp ego got involved to get him fired (nod to psk before he retired btw, helpful mod!). I ask everyone how to improve, jc is the only one that gives feedback and helps - the rest of the mafioso dont bother..

Even MU doesnt do this ... one might say its a better mafia place than here (UH OH DGZ RULES OR FREEDOM OF SPEECH RULES WHICH DO I FOLLOW) 

I dont see the point of trying to improve in a game people Dont bother actually playing :/

Faint    5707

Theres a couple of points there that got muddled but to summarize

-dgz mafia mods are maimly lazy

-not playing mafia when you say you will should be a warning / ban

• Upvote 2

mark    3105
32 minutes ago, Faint said:

Why would anyome want to play or improve if most other people dont bother? Lioe i am makong active effort to improve at mafia here on dg, but wtf is the point of people signing up dont bother? 

Tbh the only mod that seems intent on helping the playerbase improve btw is jc...jazz as well but acp ego got involved to get him fired (nod to psk before he retired btw, helpful mod!). I ask everyone how to improve, jc is the only one that gives feedback and helps - the rest of the mafioso dont bother..

Even MU doesnt do this ... one might say its a better mafia place than here (UH OH DGZ RULES OR FREEDOM OF SPEECH RULES WHICH DO I FOLLOW) 

I dont see the point of trying to improve in a game people Dont bother actually playing :/

24 minutes ago, Faint said:

Theres a couple of points there that got muddled but to summarize

-dgz mafia mods are maimly lazy

-not playing mafia when you say you will should be a warning / ban

You need to create an influx of new players, ways to accomodate them ( coaching / guides is a start, beginner games and giving people incentive to want to stay here is next). Also, it's even more important to keep the players who are already here, here as well. Sure some people get busy, but if claire/Francis/Jazz/myself, just to name a few, leave because of reasons related to either mafia or conflicts or the site as a whole, then we did something wrong as well. There needs to be a system and more discussion on this, right now I feel like only JC has both the time and the commitment required, but if it's only him then it screams too little too late. 

Faint    5707

Yeah, if only there wasn't any kind of administration that demoted the most active and helpful moderator of the most active section of the site...oh wait

mafia section is the only active part of dgz at this point tbh

mark    3105
13 hours ago, Faint said:

Yeah, if only there wasn't any kind of administration that demoted the most active and helpful moderator of the most active section of the site...oh wait

mafia section is the only active part of dgz at this point tbh

He brought it upon himself with his behavior outside of the mafia section 

black angus    2
On 21/10/2017 at 8:05 PM, Faint said:

I'd personally play more here if there was at least an in-thread search function. as it is, the more active users will effectively clutter the thread to the point of games becoming very hard to read. just my 2 cents that no one asked.

+PSK    4336
12 minutes ago, black angus said:

I'd personally play more here if there was at least an in-thread search function. as it is, the more active users will effectively clutter the thread to the point of games becoming very hard to read. just my 2 cents that no one asked.

The search function can be limited to "this topic" if you're searching for a keyword. If you want to see a particular person's posts, you can visit their profile and select "See their activity". It gives you a list of all their posts. If they've posted a lot outside of the thread recently then it's a little more awkward but that doesn't happen too regularly. It's not a particularly good solution, but it's hopefully only a temporary one until ACP has mafia functionality for his discord bot.

It's always nice to have new players, so even if you don't feel like being a permanent presence, I hope you drop in now and again for a game! 

mark    3105
8 hours ago, PSK said:

The search function can be limited to "this topic" if you're searching for a keyword. If you want to see a particular person's posts, you can visit their profile and select "See their activity". It gives you a list of all their posts. If they've posted a lot outside of the thread recently then it's a little more awkward but that doesn't happen too regularly. It's not a particularly good solution, but it's hopefully only a temporary one until ACP has mafia functionality for his discord bot.

It's always nice to have new players, so even if you don't feel like being a permanent presence, I hope you drop in now and again for a game! 

Other sites have an ISO function

idk if it's possible but it's def. optimal: can click "ISO" and see all posts X user made in a game. In fact I've not read games and just ISO'd ppl, it's so usefull 

website is bad    2170

dgz used to have it years ago on several iterations of software back but i doubt its coming back without some digging to make it work.

website is bad    2170

also literally lol at defending jazz

"im leaving the site cuz i think it sucks shit"

"okay then you lose your staff position"

damn thats not hard to get