PSK

New Mafia Rules and Punishments

+PSK    4336
1 minute ago, Sophocles said:

I guess that'll have to do. It might be a good idea for Mafioso to actively mediate between certain players if tensions rise high in the future.

I think a softer approach, telling people they went too a bit too far and should apologise to keep the game fun, might do more than immediately giving people a warning when they're being a shithead. Because 90% of the agression happens in the heat of the moment and punishing people is just going to make them dig themselves deeper in their trench.

Obviously if people are going wayyy over the line or being douches consistently you can crack down on them.

I sort of joked in the New Games Queue thread that if Myth were to sign up for my Nazi Mafia game, I wouldn't let him play. (This was before his ban) I wasn't really joking, I literally wouldn't trust that guy to actually be interested in playing, he would just stink up the game.

Just to show that sometimes, there's a good reason to ban a specific person from a specific game.But I also don't want to see it devolve into what you said.

Imo the instances of it happening are so few and far between you just don't need to specify the rule, or put down a guideline that it's discouraged but not disallowed. Let Mafioso mediate whenever this sort of thing happens.

Yeah the idea is that we chill everyone out and stop the aggressive behaviour with PM/thread posts but still follow up in the aftergame to hopefully ensure it doesn't occur again in future. so a bit of both. if people are willing to admit fault and fix their fucks up with apology/not being a shithead anymore then the later punishment would be less than if someone is stubborn and continues the aggression. 

If someone has a serious issue with letting someone play, I would advise them to speak to a mafioso about it. atm though i think theres some agreement to not letting hosts make total decisions like this? (judging from pos reps lul). 

• Upvote 4

Sophocles    2902

i dont want to be barred from playing because i tried to mislynch someone last game, so lets not

maybe in time we could use a seperate set of guidelines for game hosts

• Upvote 1

Sophocles    2902
12 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Is neg stalking going to be enforced? It falls under sitewide rules.

have you tried a stiff upper lip?

• Upvote 2

+PSK    4336

it falls under toxic behaviour and will be handled according to that 

it is also a site rule so punishment for it reaches beyond the mafia section too

Silver    967

hey what are we going to do about pos stalking. if somebody boosts somebody elses rep, other people might think they actually know what they are talking about. 

• Upvote 1

Mascis    4467
52 minutes ago, PSK said:

ye we discussed this but i imagine it devolves into revenge scenarios of "you didnt let me play in your game so fuck you youre not playing in mine" 

what are others' thoughts on this? would you prefer more autonomy on this? 

i mean let's just say, hypothetically speaking, there are two players that make the game not very fun to play

let's name them "mark" and "jazz"

now if im hosting and "mark" wants to play my game, can i say yes to "mark" and no to "jazz" (and vise-versa) or do i have to let them both play?

• Upvote 1

Sophocles    2902

No repping game relevant posts if you are not an active alive player in the game.

So I can't make sure Mafia is a green zone if I'm not alive? :(

+PSK    4336

if either have 2 warning points you can say no to whoever you want. they put themselves in that situation by breaking the rules. 

if they don't have the warning points then you have to say yes to both. 

if necessary, we may make it the case that the host needs to run any exclusions by the mafioso that approved the game / JC or Antag if they're in charge of the hosting stuff to ensure theres actually a valid reason for it and not just a case of favouritism 

• Upvote 1

Silver    967

so wait, i cant rep funny sexy lit fam creamy ninja blue heart JC. memes?

• Upvote 1

The_Be(a)sT    967

I think it should be a common sense to not rep posts just to show what you agree with when you're dead. I'm pretty sure you can still rep for whatever other reasons.

• Upvote 2

Sophocles    2902
1 minute ago, Silver said:

so wait, i cant rep funny sexy lit fam creamy ninja blue heart JC. memes?

"game relevant posts"

"JC"

• Upvote 3

Silver    967

b-b-b-b-but all i know is memes. 

jesus I actually have to try ?

+JC.    4855

9 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

"game relevant posts"

"JC"

I don't like this meme where people just pretend i dont make posts about the game or try at all

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, PSK said:

In the effort of trying to maintain a healthy and more enjoyable environment for all players, we would like to establish a consistent rule set of rules that will be posted in every thread. We are looking for feedback on issues that are not captured by this current rule set. We are open to considering eliminating content here, but all mafioso involved strongly agree with the rules here; you would need a strong argument.

Additionally, we would like to re-implement the warning system on a more critical basis, and offer mods the right to refuse players permission to play in their game if and only if they have received multiple infractions. Feedback is again encouraged.

Our main goal is to help create an environment in which people can keep their emotions at the door when the game starts, and keep them there when the game ends. There are too many viciously personal attacks that extend past the game; most of us suck at it and it's an area we need to improve in as a community. "Attack ideas, not players" is an idea we need to consistently keep in mind moving forward- we are prepared to heavily infarct players that violate this. When in doubt, wait 15 minutes before making your post.

Finally, we want to begin implementing. . .

Mafia Rules

No editing of posts. *

No communication outside of the thread or any relevant QT. *

No posting in the thread during the night phase. *

You are allowed 1 OMGUS post to be made at the start of the day phase of the day after death.

No game relevant content in an OMGUS post.

No posting in the game thread unless you are somehow involved in the game.

No repping game relevant posts if you are not an active alive player in the game.

If the game is no claiming allowed, you may not claim in any fashion.  *

If the game is no claiming allowed, you may not fish for claims in any fashion. *

You may not post or quote your role PM unless otherwise stated. *

You may not quote or allude to interaction with the host as evidence for an argument. *

No bets, bribes, or threats allowed.  *

Spirit of the game clause. No attempt to intentionally harm a game will be tolerated. *

No overly-aggressive or toxic behaviour; including but not limited to use of slurs, insults, or personal attacks. Attack ideas, not players  *

You must read your role PM. *

If you are unable to commit to the game due to unforeseen circumstances, you must notify the host within a timely manner requesting a substitute.

Follow all other rules imposed in the OP of the game by the host. *

All other site rules still apply.

* in addition to the below punishments, you may be subbed or modkilled for these offences depending on the severity.

Warning Points (WP), Suspensions, and Bans

Based on severity of any above rule infringement, you will be handed either a warning, a suspension, or a ban.      

Warnings

Collection of three warning points will result in being handed a suspension of varying length depending on the cause for your warnings.

After the course of three games, if you have not received any further warning points in that time, you may request the removal of a warning point in this thread.

If you have received two warning points and attempt to sign up for a game, it is at the host’s discretion whether to include you in their game or not.

Suspensions

Suspensions will make you ineligible to sign up to any games for the length of your suspension.

Suspensions will be handed out directly for major infringements of the above rules.

Previous number of suspensions will be taken into account when deciding on the length of current suspension. 

Bans

If you have received a suspension in the past and have shown no improvement, you will be banned from the mafia section.

Game Rules

Game rules are to be followed in addition to the aforementioned rules in this thread. Failure to do so will result in the same punishment options being used.

A template for game rules:

X claiming

Ties will end in X

All questions for the host are to be made via PM
Day phase will last X hours or until a voting majority of X is reached

Night phase will last X hours or until all night actions are received

Lylo/Mylo will/won’t be announced

Minimum posting quota is X. Failure to meet this will result in X

Quota is defined as posts of substance made with the intention of playing the game in a productive player, as judged by the game host

Scum can/can’t communicate in the QT posthumously

There will/won’t be an ability table

There will/won’t be modkills for activity for days that end early

Self-voting is not allowed

All the bolded are ones I have issues with 

1. The OMGUS problem can be solved simply by just getting rid of the omgus post in general. No need to have 3 when one will suffice and a non-game content omgus post usually is worthless anyway. More potential for harm than good. 

2. I don't think the non-player exemption is going to be strictly enforced nor do I think its worth it. 

3. We already have issues with people figuring out whether something is a claim or not on both the player and/or mod side, fishing for claims complicates this problem even further. I'd probably just change the rule to "If the mod construes a post as claiming, you will be modkilled and warned. Depending on the severity this may be upgraded to a suspension. The mod reserves the right to punish your faction based on your infraction. This includes but is not limited to ending the day early/continung the day, withhoding or posting info regarding your role etc . . . " 

• Upvote 3

+PSK    4336

why would you quote the entire post to highlight 4 lines 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Zappdos said:

Also, we're bringing on JC. to help approve games and support the community in creating a more healthy and less memey environment. congrats!

Requesting Quality Control on training/getting games approved. I don't know whether this is a not enough people thing or people are just being lazy in reviewing games before approving them, but the last few games in general have had some pretty serious flaws. I get mods are busy and everything but under no circumstance should roles like

Pick 1 player, that player joins your faction

be approved. 

Edited by Francis J Underwood
  • Upvote 2

SageRhapsody    265

cntrl+c and control+V is like 1 more button than just hitting quote and the big "B" button. 

• Upvote 1

Sophocles    2902
22 minutes ago, JC. said:

I don't like this meme where people just pretend i dont make posts about the game or try at all

It was meant more as an endearing reference to your high number of (dank) meme posts than a dig

i think you're a pretty good player

+PSK    4336
12 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

1. The OMGUS problem can be solved simply by just getting rid of the omgus post in general. No need to have 3 when one will suffice and a non-game content omgus post usually is worthless anyway. More potential for harm than good. 

2. I don't think the non-player exemption is going to be strictly enforced nor do I think its worth it. 

3. We already have issues with people figuring out whether something is a claim or not on both the player and/or mod side, fishing for claims complicates this problem even further. I'd probably just change the rule to "If the mod construes a post as claiming, you will be modkilled and warned. Depending on the severity this may be upgraded to a suspension. The mod reserves the right to punish your faction based on your infraction. This includes but is not limited to ending the day early/continung the day, withhoding or posting info regarding your role etc . . . " 

2. Dare you to try it then lul 

3. Okie we can change up the wording. 

As for the approval thing, we should have enough mafioso now for there to be a secondary quick look over the game by a second mafioso in each case. This isn't really related so I'll leave it at that but remind me to come back to it at another time. 

• Upvote 2

+PSK    4336

1. Do people want OMGUS? pos this post for yes, neg for no. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

+PSK    4336

i assume the neg was for the lack of omgus before i edited it to a separate post so more people would actually see it