PSK

New Mafia Rules and Punishments

237 posts in this topic

should we ban memes?

pos this post to agree

pos this post to disagree

5 hours ago, Jazz said:

I'm not surprised you are against this rule because you post in every fucking game. In the game we just had, we had a player FOS you for being inactive since page 1, and people were actually suggesting that he was more likely to make this mistake as a town player. It can have just as much of an effect on the game as an OMGUSl and quite honestly it provides less entertainment value.

This is just reading into it way too much as any alignment could make that mistake. 

I'm against the rule because literally everyone and their mother does it and they tend to be some of the funnier and more enjoyable posts itt. 

4 hours ago, SageRhapsody said:

Yeah I was just going to mention that Francis was posting and repping in the last game and it made me think he was playing. Like yeah I should have read the player list, and I did but it's like 20 people and I forgot the full list. 

Maybe we could have a spectator thread for each game that players can't see? Would that be too hard to implement? This way people who don't use discord frequently can talk about the game as it goes on instead of scratching that itch in the actual game thread.

I posted on pg 1 once and made a joke that was basically completely irrelevant (other than to the Faint's character or flavor) 

I don't think i repped anyone and if I did it was most likely for a joke and post devoid of content. 

Yeah I know but sometimes retards like me get confused. 

Especially since most of DGz mafia posts are jokes that are basically completely irrelvant

Posted (edited)

On 4/9/2017 at 11:49 AM, Francis J Underwood said:

Not in this game but 

SOBRIETY?!?!?!?!?!?!

GO HOME FAINT, YOU'RE DRUNK!!!

4 minutes ago, SageRhapsody said:

Yeah I know but sometimes retards like me get confused. 

Especially since most of DGz mafia posts are jokes that are basically completely irrelvant

I'm trying to see how this is my fault somehow but given that was in the post, there's no way you could have reasonably thought i was in the game

Edited by Francis J Underwood

Will there be a thread where you can see who has a warning, specific reason and amount of warnings?

Fishing for a claim is still a bit vague to me. I get that you should not imply if you have a special role or imply what kind of role you have but I'd like more clearness on what you cannot do.

Will you get a warning for every rule you break or do some rule violations weigh heavier than others?

Fwiw I like the rules and kudos to the mafioso for picking this up

I'm sad that the "you must read your role PM" rule was bought in.  Playing scum blind without knowing who else is scum is best scum.  

52 minutes ago, Urthor said:

I'm sad that the "you must read your role PM" rule was bought in.  Playing scum blind without knowing who else is scum is best scum.  

Doesn't say you have to read the quicktopic :^)

Completely unrelated but hey guys i just thought of another rule

1 hour ago, Wunterslaus said:

Will there be a thread where you can see who has a warning, specific reason and amount of warnings?

Fishing for a claim is still a bit vague to me. I get that you should not imply if you have a special role or imply what kind of role you have but I'd like more clearness on what you cannot do.

Will you get a warning for every rule you break or do some rule violations weigh heavier than others?

Fwiw I like the rules and kudos to the mafioso for picking this up

Yes, we will be using this thread for that. 

The role fishing rule was to avoid stuff like "if you were the scanner, would you have already scanned person X that you currently have a vote on?". Extreme situations like that. We'll talk it over though.

It's more about the severity of the rule break rather than what rule it is. 

poltically correct groundz

just start another game up pussies

16 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

poltically correct groundz

12 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

just start another game up pussies

Nazi mafia is waiting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Urthor said:

You can still do this. You just have to know you're scum. Nothing says you have to view the QT or your partners. 

whats a role pm?

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

whats a role pm?

You must read your role pm =/= you must view your qt. 

We Have Seen That Before Right @Zappdos?

44 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

You must read your role pm =/= you must view your qt. 

We Have Seen That Before Right @Zappdos?

Please don't continue the tilt. Q.Q

OP has been updated to include warnings and suspensions for last game. 

Silver: 1 game suspension for intentional claiming followed by game relevant OMGUS.

Markus: 1 game suspension for intentionally throwing game. Self-voting. Not submitting night action. Pattern of signing up and not contributing.

Sophocles: 1 warning point for game relevant OMGUS.

SageRhapsody: 1 warning point for game relevant OMGUS.

mark: 1 warning point for aggressive behaviour including personal insults and negstalking.

Jazz: 1 warning point for aggressive and toxic behaviour.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, PSK said:

OP has been updated to include warnings and suspensions for last game. 

Silver: 1 game suspension for intentional claiming followed by game relevant OMGUS.

Markus: 1 game suspension for intentionally throwing game. Self-voting. Not submitting night action. Pattern of signing up and not contributing.

Sophocles: 1 warning point for game relevant OMGUS.

SageRhapsody: 1 warning point for game relevant OMGUS.

mark: 1 warning point for aggressive behaviour including personal insults and negstalking.

Jazz: 1 warning point for aggressive and toxic behaviour.

Since this was never really explained in the other thread. Why did Slickz get a pass?

Also i don't feel like its fair to punish these guys retroactively fwiw

14 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Since this was never really explained in the other thread. Why did Slickz get a pass?

Also i don't feel like its fair to punish these guys retroactively fwiw

for what? link pls? 

its not retroactive. we dont suddenly have rules since yesterday. they were going to receive suspensions and that is what spurred the discussion on warning system. 

Posted (edited)

On 4/1/2017 at 9:07 PM, Francis J Underwood said:

Requesting Islickz be banned for Intentional Game Throw (will post QT after the other game finishes but its more of the same shit)

Reveal hidden contents

On 4/1/2017 at 9:12 PM, Francis J Underwood said:

And this is what caused him to vote himself and try to gamethrow 

Reveal hidden contents

9 minutes ago, PSK said:

for what? link pls? 

its not retroactive. we dont suddenly have rules since yesterday. they were going to receive suspensions and that is what spurred the discussion on warning system. 

Re: Slickz see above and here https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/Y7JFH3vAeYqw

Given this list was just posted, I don't know if you could deem notice sufficient to punish them for what they did prior to this thread. Yes we had general game rules which included the conduct evidenced in the last game, but several other players in the previous game who did the same thing are not on that list. So I believe that if you are going to dole out retroactive punishment, you can't limit it the event that triggered this thread. 

4 minutes ago, PSK said:

for what? link pls? 

For Slick actively throwing in GoT mafia. What he did was just as bad as what Markus did if not worse.

Also I don't agree with giving warnings for a game that occurred before the rules were put in place. Either ban the people you warned or don't do anything this time. The games occurred before the warning system.

1 minute ago, Jazz said:

For Slick actively throwing in GoT mafia. What he did was just as bad infinitely worse than what Markus did. 

Also I don't agree with giving warnings for a game that occurred before the rules were put in place. Either ban the people you warned or don't do anything this time. The games occurred before the warning system.

I wasnt going to comment earlier when someone mentioned my omgus as breaking the rules because I didnt want to detract from the main topic but I dont accept that my post broke the rules

"Shoot Mascis, oh wait" is not influencing the game when I'm the vig who just got lynched and I've been saying mascis is scum for the past few hours. It's obviously a salty "nice job, idiots" rather than actual advice to town.

It might be against the new 'no relevant game info' rules but theres been similar omgus posts that people wouldnt even bat an eye about.

11 minutes ago, PSK said:

for what? link pls? 

But youre phrasing their offenses as if they broke those new rules, and handing out warnings for something that happened before warnings were a thing.

I dont have all the info on people's behaviour because a lot of posts were scrubbed but this seems unduly harsh, especially the two bans, given the previous lax rule set. Not a good way to start out a new way of modding the new section imo, start everyone (or as many people as reasonably possible)with a clean slate.

guys listen

do you think the mods and players at mafiascum are at each other's throats? No, because they're fucking pretentious and think they know better than everybody.

We all have something in common too!

we all fucking suck

We all just went through a 7 day game where we all managed to come out losers out of it 

The mafiosos here are mafiosos here because they did something wrong, same as the players.

So get on the same team, because, take it from me, those of us that get to leave aren't going anywhere.