Satchmo

True King Dinosaur Discussion

+Satchmo    3220

Dino King is a deck that become a thing due to the Dinosmasher's Fury Structure Deck on April 14th 2017. Following the neutering of Zoodiac, both variants of True Draco King quickly became strong decks in the OCG, and will surely be competitive in the TCG upon release as well.

How does Dino King work?

Dino King is a combo Karakuri-ish deck that seeks to destroy copies of Petiteranodon or Babycerasaurus in order to Special Summon a dino from the Deck, and then combo off ideally to create a large field backed by True King VFD, Evolzar Laggia, Toadally Awesome, Ultimate Conductor Tyranno, Naturia Beast, or some combination of those. 

Main cards

a77tMTo.pngGJWWtn5.png

Babycerasaurus
Level 2 / Earth / Dinosaur / Effect / 500 / 500 

If this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Dinosaur-Type monster from your Deck. 

Petiteranodon 

Level 2 / Earth / Dinosaur / Effect / 500 / 500 

If this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or higher Dinosaur-Type monster from your Deck, but it cannot attack this turn.

These two are almost the same card. That being said, Babycera is better because being able to grab Lv 4 and lower lets you get more Babycera or Petite, or Jurrac Aeolo. Neither of them are hard OPT so activating them multiple times off of Diagram, Oviraptor, or Lithosagym generates a ton of advantage.

In order to set up Petite and Babycera, you have several cards to search them:

HabNhQe.pngETFOsDH.png

Souleating Oviraptor
Level 4 / Dark / Dinosaur / Effect / 1800 / 500 

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can take 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your Deck, and either add it to your hand or send it to the Graveyard. You can target 1 other Level 4 or lower Dinosaur-Type monster on the field; destroy it, then Special Summon 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your Graveyard in Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Souleating Oviraptor" once per turn. 

Fossil Dig 

Normal Spell 

Add 1 Level 6 or lower Dinosaur-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.

Oviraptor is a Stratos + Armageddon Knight. It has no restrictions on what dinos it can search, so you can add Ultimate Conductor or even Dogoran the Mad Flame Kaiju. While ideally you will destroy a baby to pull Oviraptor from the deck, you can also normal Ovi to search a baby, and then destroy it off of Diagram. Fossil Dig doubles your count of this guy.

Z5Z2O9a.pngjap9Y2e.pngLO8uByG.pngotZvIol.png5tS3s9X.png

Dragonic Diagram
Field Spell 

All "True Draco" and "True King" monsters on the field gain 300 ATK and DEF. The first time each Tribute Summoned "True Draco" or "True King" monster would be destroyed by battle each turn, it is not destroyed. Once per turn: You can destroy 1 other card you control or in your hand, and if you do, add 1 "True Draco" or "True King" card from your Deck to your hand. 

Terraforming 

Normal Spell 

Add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. 

True King Lithosagym, the Disaster 

Level 9 / Earth / Wyrm / Effect / 2500 / 2300 

If this card is in your hand: You can destroy 2 other monsters in your hand and/or face-up on your field, including an EARTH monster, and if you do, Special Summon this card, and if you do that, and both destroyed monsters were EARTH, you can also look at your opponent's Extra Deck and banish up to 3 monsters from it with different names. If this card is destroyed by card effect: You can Special Summon 1 non-EARTH Wyrm-Type monster from your Graveyard. You can only use each effect of "True King Lithosagym, the Disaster" once per turn. 

True King Agnimazaud, the Vanisher 

Level 9 / Fire / Wyrm / Effect / 2900 / 1900 

If this card is in your hand: You can destroy 2 other monsters in your hand and/or face-up on your field, including a FIRE monster, and if you do, Special Summon this card, and if you do that, you can banish 1 monster from your opponent's field or Graveyard, if both the destroyed monsters were FIRE. If this card is destroyed by card effect: You can add 1 non-FIRE Wyrm-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use each effect of "True King Agnimazud, the Vanisher" once per turn. 

True King Bahrastos, the Fathomer 

Level 9 / Water / Wyrm / Effect / 1800 / 3000 

If this card is in your hand: You can destroy 2 other monsters in your hand and/or face-up on your field, including a WATER monster, and if you do, Special Summon this card, and if you do that, you can banish up to 2 Spell/Trap Cards from your opponent's field and/or Graveyard, if both the destroyed monsters were WATER. If this card is destroyed by card effect: You can Special Summon 1 non-WATER Wyrm-Type monster from your Deck in Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "True King Bahrastos, the Fathomer" once per turn. 

Diagram is one of the best cards in the game, and in Dino King not only does it search Litho, it also lets you destroy babies to summon Oviraptor.

Litho is favored because its effect lets you destroy the Earth-attribute babies, but also because of that extra deck banish. It doesn't give you any direct field advantage like Agni or Bahr would, but it can cripple the opponent when they also have to stare down a big lockout field.

Agni being fire plays nice with Miscellaneousaurus while Bahr goes with Megalosmasher (and by extension, Norden into Bahamut into Toad). You really shouldn't want to summon either one, but you want at least one color other than Litho to take advantage of Litho's effect, as well as Denglong level modding.

90t4clK.png

Miscellaneousaurus
Level 4 / Fire / Dinosaur / Effect / 1800 / 1000 

During either player's Main Phase: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; during this Main Phase, Dinosaur-Type monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's activated effects. You can banish any number of Dinosaur-Type monsters from your Graveyard, including this card; Special Summon 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your Deck with a Level equal to the total number of monsters banished to activate this effect, but destroy it during the End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Miscellaneousaurus" once per turn.

This deck also has a really good protection card that shits on most cards that would stop you. Outs negation, and then you can banish dinos from the grave to grab another guy from the deck. With Aeolo as a level 1, Miscell will typically never be dead. Miscell also has some other targets, shown below:

sNSFqXt.pngEwgc8m3.pngUbpuDgY.pngZoGAx0r.png7AsavnS.png2zhAlgA.png

Tyranno Infinity
Level 4 / Earth / Dinosaur / Effect / ? / 0 

The original ATK of this card is the number of your banished Dinosaur-Type monsters x 1000. 

Jurrac Aeolo 

Level 1 / Fire / Dinosaur / Tuner / Effect / 200 / 200 

You can Tribute this card to select 1 Level 4 or lower "Jurrac" monster in your Graveyard, except "Jurrac Aeolo". Special Summon that monster from the Graveyard.

Megalosmasher X 

Level 4 / Water / Dinosaur / 2000 / 0 

Rescue Rabbit 

Level 4 / Earth / Beast / Effect / 300 / 100 

annot be Special Summoned from the Deck. You can banish this face-up card you control; Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower Normal Monsters with the same name from your Deck, but destroy them during the End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Rescue Rabbit" once per turn. 

Unexpected Dai 

Normal Spell 

If you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster from the Deck. 

Evolzar Laggia 

Rank 4 / Fire / Dragon / Xyz / Effect / 2400 / 2000 

2 Level 4 Dinosaur-Type monsters
During either player's turn, when a monster(s) would be Normal or Special Summoned, OR a Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

Miscell banishing 4 to summon Infinity gives it 4k off the bat, Ultimate Conductor banishing another 2 makes it 6k, other banishes make it even bigger and give you a surprise gameshot straight from the deck. Miscell can also banish just itself to grab Aeolo to make a Sync 5 off of Oviraptor. As mentioned earlier, Megalosmasher is a water for Bahrastos and Bahamut Shark, where the idea is to send it to the grave for a summon and then Instant Fusion for Norden to grab Toad.

You should already know what Laggia does, but the reason for Laggia over Dolkka (who has 2 negates) is because VFD usually blocks out all of their monster effects. Laggia stops Raigeki and Dolkka doesn't.

t2dn4yz.pngEvNmAHo.png

True King of All Calamities (VFD)
Rank 9 / Dark / Wyrm / Xyz / Effect / 3000 / 3000 

2 or more Level 9 monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and declare 1 Attribute; this turn, all face-up monsters on the field become that Attribute, also all monsters in your opponent's possession with that Attribute cannot activate their effects or attack. Monsters that "True Draco" and "True King" monsters in your hand would destroy with their effects can be chosen from your opponent's field. 

Denglong, First of the Yang Zing 

Level 5 / Light / Wyrm / Synchro / Effect / 0 / 2800 

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Yang Zing" card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can send 1 Wyrm-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; this card's Level becomes the sent monster's. If this face-up card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 "Yang Zing" monster from your Deck. You can only Special Summon "Denglong, First of the Yang Zing(s)" once per turn.

Summon Denglong off of Level 4 + Aeolo. Mill a True King from the deck to become 9, pair with Litho to make VFD while also triggering 2 babies to summon 2 dinos from the deck for Laggia.

zChMpIn.png

Ultimate Conductor Tyranno

Level 10 / Light / Dinosaur / Effect / 3500 / 3200 

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 Dinosaur-Type monsters from your Graveyard. Once per turn, during either player's Main Phase: You can destroy 1 monster in your hand or field, and if you do, change all face-up monsters your opponent controls to face-down Defense Position. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card attacks a Defense Position monster: You can inflict 1000 damage to your opponent, and if you do, send that Defense Position monster to the Graveyard.

If the opponent tries to do anything, immediately Book of Eclipse all of their cards and then wipe all of them during your BP for X000 damage on top of your other attacks. Crazy good for a thing that doesn't even negate card effects. Just drop this guy alongside whatever other field you have to instantly put game-ending pressure on the opponent either on the defensive AND offensive.

42DGf7p.png

Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju
Level 8 / Fire / Dinosaur / Effect / 3000 / 1200 

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to your opponent's side of the field in Attack Position, by Tributing 1 monster they control. If your opponent controls a "Kaiju" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in Attack Position. You can only control 1 "Kaiju" monster. Once per turn: You can remove 3 Kaiju Counters from anywhere on the field; destroy all monsters your opponent controls. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

Searchable off of Oviraptor! It's also a Fire! You probably shouldn't need it but what if you dooooooo?

Combos

1) Requires: Diagram/Terra (6) + Baby/Fossil (9)

a) Diagram destroy Baby add Litho 

b) Baby summons Oviraptor, Oviraptor add Babycerasaurus
c) Normal Babycera, destroy it with Ovi and target the same Babycera
d) Baby summons a Baby from the deck

2) Requires: Diagram/Terra (6) + Oviraptor/Fossil (6)

a) Normal Ovi, add Babycerasaurus 

b) activate Diagram 

c) Diagram destroy Babycerasaurus add Litho
d) Babycerasaurus summons Babycerasaurus

This is basically the same combo. In any case, they both lead to the following:

e) Litho destroy 2 Baby, banish 3 from ED
f) Baby x2 effect, summon Aeolo and Miscell
g) Miscell + Aeolo = Denglong, Denglong mill TK become Lv 9
h) Litho + Denglong = VFD

i) Miscell banish from grave summon...

Literally no other useful cards in hand:

j) Miscell banish to summon Lv 4 dino (another Miscell?), Ovi + Dino = Laggia

k) END: VFD + Laggia

OR

j) Miscell banish to summon Lv 4 dino (another Miscell?),

k) VFD effect declare Water

l) Miscell + Ovi = Bahamut, Bahamut summon Toad

m) END: VFD + Bahamut + Toad

Instant Fusion without Megalosmasher:

j) Instant Fusion summon Norden, Norden revive Aeolo

k) VFD effect declare Earth, Norden + Aeolo = Naturia Beast

l) Miscell banish from grave summon Miscell

m) Ovi + Miscell = Laggia

n) END: VFD + Laggia + Naturia

Instant Fusion with Megalosmasher (more bricks):

j) Miscell banish to summon Megalosmasher

k) Instant Fusion summon Norden, Norden revive Aeolo

l) Norden + Megalo = Bahamut

m) VFD effect declare Earth, Ovi + Aeolo = Naturia Beast

n) Bahamut summon Toad

o) END: VFD + Naturia + Bahamut + Toad

Instant Fusion with Megalosmasher (more bricks):

j) Miscell banish to summon Megalosmasher

k) VFD effect declare Water, Ovi + Megalo = Bahamut

l) Bahamut detach Megalo summon Toad

m) Instant Fusion summon Norden, Norden revive Megalo

n) Norden + Megalo = Bahamut

o) Bahamut summon Toad

p) END: VFD + Bahamut + Toad + Bahamut + Toad

Other combos:

Core:

qivHNmk.png

OCG decklists:

http://roadoftheking.com/ocg-2017-04-metagame-report-1

http://roadoftheking.com/ocg-2017-04-metagame-report-2

http://roadoftheking.com/ocg-2017-04-metagame-report-3

Credit to @Bundle of Sticks for writing this. Source.

• Upvote 6

NB96    832

This deck dead draws an awful lot. Is it just me?

The True Draco deck that spams Master Peace seems way more consistent from my practice with them. I'm probably not always getting my Souleating Oviraptor searches right every time but there are lots of games where I can't pop my Baby/Petit, or draw True King's without much real follow up.

Bizzare considering all the searching this deck has.

Nate1080    1224

Playing Baobaboon helps fixes your hands a bit and allows you to play Leviair/BreakSword. Popping Bao with the field spell feels so good.

Using your normal on something that isn't Ovi isn't the end of the world, since there are ways to special summon it. You barely need to normal from what I've seen anyways.

NB96    832

I've found that playing three Lithosagym, 2 Agnimazaud and 1 Bahrastos is really good for opening plays. I used to play 3 Lithosagym and 3 Agnimazaud but the one Bahrastos is really good for opening with VFD + Laggia and means that a Kaiju is basically their only hope of winning. Would probably cut Bahrastos after the Link rule takes effect though since you can only control one Xyz at that point.

But I wonder if a third Agnimazaud is better sometimes just because you can get VFD + Laggia anyway with Denglong.

Edited by NB96

Nate1080    1224

I played 3/3/1, Earth, Fire and Water respectively. I like the water being able to just put a monster on board for almost free, as well as being another target for Fire/Earth, but its pretty easy to brick with it and have it compete for being popped via Diagram/Earth/Fire with Baby/Petri/Baobaboon (if you play it)/etc. 

I still think its valid to play at least 1 copy because it makes some boards easier to make without needing to go into Denglong, which makes putting another rank 4 on board or ending with Kaiju (so you don't get Kaiju'd) less of a hassle. But dropping the copy isn't out of the question either, depends on if the easier possible boards is worth the risk of bricking a slightly more.

Also, when Links come out, I think that playing Baobaboon would even be more valid. Instead of going Leviair/BreakSword, you just Link summon into something with 2+ pointers pointing to you, and play as normal without giving up the opportunity to make Evolzar/VFD/etc.

NB96    832
3 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

I played 3/3/1, Earth, Fire and Water respectively. I like the water being able to just put a monster on board for almost free, as well as being another target for Fire/Earth, but its pretty easy to brick with it and have it compete for being popped via Diagram/Earth/Fire with Baby/Petri/Baobaboon (if you play it)/etc. 

I still think its valid to play at least 1 copy because it makes some boards easier to make without needing to go into Denglong, which makes putting another rank 4 on board or ending with Kaiju (so you don't get Kaiju'd) less of a hassle. But dropping the copy isn't out of the question either, depends on if the easier possible boards is worth the risk of bricking a slightly more.

Also, when Links come out, I think that playing Baobaboon would even be more valid. Instead of going Leviair/BreakSword, you just Link summon into something with 2+ pointers pointing to you, and play as normal without giving up the opportunity to make Evolzar/VFD/etc.

Yeah, I reasoned that Bahrastos added more power to the deck without reducing consistency much because I could fetch it with the field spell which you effectively have 6 of, so you're boosting power without hurting consistency much. You can even pop it with Ultimate Conductor Tyranno.

Here's my list below, I initially netdecked the main and side of an OCG player and made my adjustments after a few days using it like adding Bahrastos, a third Petiteranodon, Dogoran etc. I thought about cutting Dogoran because it's not amazing against Zoodiac but ultimately I wasn't prepared to give up game 1 against True Draco until the set comes out and we see how popular that version with Master Peace becomes.

tc9ZgRW.png

dexer008    805

I've been toying with 2 copies of this deck, one the more traditional denglong turbo build with baobaboon to fix garnet bricks, and the other with a mini water engine in 3 Megalomasher X with 3 Bahrastos, 3 Litho and 2 Agni in order to add more dino's to the deck (they seem to be of a scare resource, maybe my managment just sucks), and to add more unfair things to the deck with instant fusion and bahamut shark/Toadally awesome. You can also run the Theastus (lv5 tuner water fusion) for more synchro plays or to just put a water on board to pop with bahrastos and a baby in hand to get your engine going. I'm thinking though the former deck is more viable as the latter runs a bunch of normal monster bricks, and the extra deck is really tight as it is. 

Also @NB96, no Naturia Beast? Or is it too situational?

5 hours ago, dexer008 said:

You can also run the Theastus (lv5 tuner water fusion) for more synchro plays or to just put a water on board to pop with bahrastos and a baby in hand to get your engine going.

Why wouldn't you just IF into Norden and revive a baby if you wanted to Bahr?

Anyway, it's worth noting that Theseus + Ovi/Misc = Cloudcastle, which also makes VFD. In builds that might be trying for a second VFD or something else, this is fairly strong to get that multi-turn lockdown.

Another neat interaction, Oviraptor can revive a properly summoned Ultimate Conductor (no level limit or anything), who can kill Ovi to flip down your opponent's field. Probably won't come up too often because UCT should end the game, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Petiteranadon can summon Dogoran to block Kaijus, although anyone who wants to slay Dino King will probably just side Ra ball. 

dexer008    805

I'm talking about opening first turn with a hand with no access to oviraptor to fetch the right element, with no targets in grave for norden to revive ( something like, Bath, instant fusion, 2 babies, mish) . Wasting your norden just to get a true king pop off seems subpar to me, so having a extra water fusion target seems decent. You could run rare fish if you're running the bahamut shark suite like i mentioned before. 

moonsaber    16

I've been testing this build.

There is a combo with gofu, diagram, baby I made where you end with

Decode talker, drident (whip in hand), laggia, calamities and a guarunteed rank 4 next turn

It goes

1. special gofu and make tokens into link spiders then missus

2. diagram pop baby special ovi search baby and litho

3. normal baby and pop with ovi eff to summon other baby and one from deck

4. summon litho popping babies and get rex and misc

5. overlay broadbull using rex and ovi raptor in far right/left spot depending on where you put missus

6. search whip detaching rex and make drident

7. link with litho and missus into decode and put it in the other zone

8. sync for cloud castle using gofu and misc special back litho make calamities

9. use misc and rex in grave with 2 babies to get another misc from deck and make laggia.

You can also make dweller/tornado instead of drident (tornado pops diagram).

Certain card choice explanations

No aeolo: you almost always get rex instead in my experience, it sets you up better for preceeding turns and with links denglong is really average unless you play yang zing cards which seems kind of inconsistent to me (plus it makes the same or worse boards than this deck, unless i missed something?). id rather have laggia decode talker true king than a loan calamities.

No kaiju: almost never searched it and if i did i usually just lost anyway

No maxx c: you lose to true draco cards not zoo cards so maxx isnt that good usually or is win moar.

Diamond dire wolf over castel: castel barely comes up and a lot of the time u want to diamond dire going second so u can free up the extra spot and get your misc rex combo off

Into the void: i just want to open the combo as much as possible and you dont really end with many good cards in hand when you do the combo plus u probs dont lose games when you go first much if you have combo

2 laggia: it happens, a lot.

Screenshot_20170808-103438.png

Screenshot_20170808-103442.png

Edited by moonsaber

mark    3105

@moonsaber

The combo seems reliant on resolving Diagram, which loses easily to Ghost Ogre, Ash Blossom. Going Second it loses to Drident, Cyclone. 

Playing Zoodiac Barrage would get around that. Forces them to waste something on it so your combo goes through. Or alternatively, if your combo gets stopped, it helps you to make at least some kind of play. Another possibility could be Psy-Frame Gamma: respectable going second, and plays through Ogre / Ash going first. Comes at the cost of playing a brick though. 

Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju seems mandatory to me. A searchable out to Master Peace, Drident. It can be a pain in the ass to clear sometimes, but Barrage and Drident definitely help here. 

Thoughts on Soul Charge? Seems like it could make about any hand better if you ask me. 

Don't think I like Into the Void here, even though I understand the reasoning for it. I think Maxx "C" is still fine since it's still good against Draco Zoo. If you lose to True Draco cards, I think the combination of Kaiju, Gateway to Chaos, and Zoodiac cards, should do the job there. You can side it out vs True Draco. 

I'm not sure if you could implement all these cards in this deck and that basically comes down to Dinosaur taking a huge hit with the Link mechanics, and it already wasn't a top deck previously, but these things are still relevant to mention because once Zoodiac / True Draco will take a hit, and at some point they will, this deck can be a contender for the top deck again. 

There's also just the Denglong Yang Zing route with the traps, that saw play at worlds, which would probably be the way to go as the consistency of that deck is higher, it doesn't rely on opening many different combo pieces. 

Brandis72    21

Pre link TD/Dino/YZ/Zoodiac + baobaboon was the best build, but post link testing will have to be done again to determine if the more explosive builds are better than the more YZ heavy ones. As for soul charge, it's good, but it bricks; then again, IDK if the card will become worth it post link to go into decode for zoo-less hands.

Here's mine post link, although I haven't tested yet: Now Zoo also functions as a link engine. 1 Aeolo seems questionable but with 9 diagrams getting the revive is easy.7OWdWMS.png

Edited by Brandis72

moonsaber    16
On 15/08/2017 at 11:32 PM, mark said:

@moonsaber

The combo seems reliant on resolving Diagram, which loses easily to Ghost Ogre, Ash Blossom. Going Second it loses to Drident, Cyclone. 

Sort of, it does but it is quite common to have 2 copies of diagram/true king since you essentially play 13 copies. regardless i think any build of dinos is probably going to struggle going second while zoo and true draco exist at their current strength. 

Playing Zoodiac Barrage would get around that. Forces them to waste something on it so your combo goes through. Or alternatively, if your combo gets stopped, it helps you to make at least some kind of play. Another possibility could be Psy-Frame Gamma: respectable going second, and plays through Ogre / Ash going first. Comes at the cost of playing a brick though. 

I honestly haven't conaidered Zoo engine purely because I dont think it is worth picking up so close to the ban list and also this deck only really has a shot at being the best after the next list. it may very well be good, it does seem like it contributes to bricks though which is one of the main draw backs of the deck. Same goes for gamma really. it does play through ash but only on diagram and usually you have multiple of those. it generally hurts you more if they hold the ash for miscell in which case you cant Gamma anyway.

Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju seems mandatory to me. A searchable out to Master Peace, Drident. It can be a pain in the ass to clear sometimes, but Barrage and Drident definitely help here. 

I thought so at first but everytime I searched it my combo ended up being worse to the point where my field was mediocre or I just out the full board anyway. Maybe I need to test it again though. I just really wanted to cut down on bricks. Mastwrpeace has been the biggest issue so far imo.

Thoughts on Soul Charge? Seems like it could make about any hand better if you ask me. 

Yea I forgot to add that. it is pretty much a better gofu.

Don't think I like Into the Void here, even though I understand the reasoning for it.

You haven't really provided me with a reason not to play it? In my eyes the card basically just makes this deck more consistent which is the thing I think it struggles most with.

I think Maxx "C" is still fine since it's still good against Draco Zoo. If you lose to True Draco cards, I think the combination of Kaiju, Gateway to Chaos, and Zoodiac cards, should do the job there. You can side it out vs True Draco. 

I played maxx c for ages but it simply didnt do much vs true zoo. they usually just ended with a slightly worse board and i got to draw 1. this deck struggles much more with the true draco cards than the zoo cards. Pure zoo is an easier matchup and that is where maxx c shines so I decided to cut it.

I'm not sure if you could implement all these cards in this deck and that basically comes down to Dinosaur taking a huge hit with the Link mechanics, and it already wasn't a top deck previously, but these things are still relevant to mention because once Zoodiac / True Draco will take a hit, and at some point they will, this deck can be a contender for the top deck again. 

There's also just the Denglong Yang Zing route with the traps, that saw play at worlds, which would probably be the way to go as the consistency of that deck is higher, it doesn't rely on opening many different combo pieces. 

The yang zing deck is more consistent but it's not that much more consistent, the non yz deck needs to open combo cards but for the standard combo you only need 2 cards both of which you run 12-13 copies of so mathmatically it is very rare to not open. As for yz opening loan oviraptor nets you 2 negates but also little in the way of aggressive threats which isnt really THAT good. the deck is like slightly more consistent but also less powerful. It does have better ability to fit tech cards in like ash though. I'm honestly not sure which one I prefer.

Edited by moonsaber

mark    3105

Hold Maxx "C" until they use chakanine or ramram's or Ratpiers effect against Draco Zoo for 2 draws (assuming they overlay Drident on top of it). 

I don't think you will always end on no hand, and I think the benefit of playing 3 Upstarts in the form of Into the Void don't weigh up to the times where it's a dead topdeck or where you can't empty your entire hand.

You mention you struggle with Master Peace, so I'm surprised you didn't like Kaiju. I mean, you don't have to search it, it's just an option to have, but against Master Peace based decks it essentially makes the match-up as favorable as possible, I think that's the point of playing Dino tbh. 

Agree that Barrage won't ever fully shine in this deck, I mentioned it more to give ideas of how you can try to play through disruption. The cute thing about Gamma is that it will let you end on something like Stardust Dragon which is strong when resolved, although it's high risk high reward, comparable to Brilliant Fusion in other decks. 

mark    3105

Barrage won't shine in the sense that this deck will become good when zoodiac is dead, and Barrage will be the first card to get hit. In a vacuum, I think the card is insane in this (even at 1 zoodiac 3 Barrage or something among those lines). 

mark    3105
11 hours ago, Brandis72 said:

Pre link TD/Dino/YZ/Zoodiac + baobaboon was the best build, but post link testing will have to be done again to determine if the more explosive builds are better than the more YZ heavy ones. As for soul charge, it's good, but it bricks; then again, IDK if the card will become worth it post link to go into decode for zoo-less hands.

Here's mine post link, although I haven't tested yet: Now Zoo also functions as a link engine. 1 Aeolo seems questionable but with 9 diagrams getting the revive is easy.7OWdWMS.png

Assuming you diagram baobaboon, make invoker, special a zoodiac. How do you continue from there, given that the EMZ is now occupied?

Brandis72    21
4 minutes ago, mark said:

Assuming you diagram baobaboon, make invoker, special a zoodiac. How do you continue from there, given that the EMZ is now occupied?

You just use Invoker/Ram to make missus or something. Maybe if your hand is weird you could diagram the invoker and then use your zoo engine to go for Drident/Missus, but then again.

I'll agree that this is far from optimal, but that's what you get from having to deal with links.

TBH this is a very roughly adapted pre-link list, and I definitely think it could use some work, so feel free to provide any ideas you may have.

Edited by Brandis72

mark    3105

The reason I mention it isn't that I hate baobaboon, the 2 redraws are good, but you've essentially cut petit for it and idk about that. What's your reasoning for it?

Brandis72    21
11 minutes ago, mark said:

The reason I mention it isn't that I hate baobaboon, the 2 redraws are good, but you've essentially cut petit for it and idk about that. What's your reasoning for it?

Petiteranodon was never great to begin with, as it can't SS other copies of itself, which leads to it not having many of the insane comboes that you could do with Babycerasaurus, and also just... isn't really necessary, considering how easy it is to access dinos anyways.

In addition, baboon's pseudo mulligan is actually crucial in a deck with so many ''garnets'' (the whole YZ engine, Aeolo, Mid-Breaker, and sometimes dead normal summons or True kings you want to ditch so you can diagram them again).

Besides, baboon gives you multiple engines with which you can combine ceilings, helping you make bigger boards (or in this case, letting you make easy link monsters without expending the OPT use of oviraptor/miscel).

I felt that set rotation was worth playing because it would increase the chances of making VFD without having to expend denglong, while also greatly reducing bricks, since the deck runs quite a few cards which are essentially blanks without it or TKs (it's also occasionally useful to pitch Chiwen/Aeolo to unbrick them; Aeolo is pretty easy to revive with oviraptor), and because the deck's ceiling should be so high that the extra field spell it could entail will hopefully not end up mattering; I'm scared that I may not be able to get away with this post-link due to both the additional amount of wasted cards and the ceiling of two bosses (unless you can go for UCT) that now plagues this deck (it could make four whopping boss monsters T1 with any of itss good hands before).

Edited by Brandis72

mark    3105

Petit could do about the same combo's baby could pre-link, assuming you opened the 2 required combo pieces as described in the OP?

I'll say that my experience with the deck is mainly pre-link though. 

moonsaber    16
5 hours ago, mark said:

Hold Maxx "C" until they use chakanine or ramram's or Ratpiers effect against Draco Zoo for 2 draws (assuming they overlay Drident on top of it). 

Im aware but they can just stop and end with true dracos which are the cards that this deck struggles with more.

5 hours ago, mark said:

I don't think you will always end on no hand, and I think the benefit of playing 3 Upstarts in the form of Into the Void don't weigh up to the times where it's a dead topdeck or where you can't empty your entire hand.

If you cant do the combo you lose anyway and if you can the cards in your hand are largely irrelevant. This isnt a deck which grinds you either combo or you lose so dead top decks aren't particularly relevant.

5 hours ago, mark said:

You mention you struggle with Master Peace, so I'm surprised you didn't like Kaiju. I mean, you don't have to search it, it's just an option to have, but against Master Peace based decks it essentially makes the match-up as favorable as possible, I think that's the point of playing Dino tbh. 

Yea but that only matters if the kaiju actually wins you the game, if it clears master peace and then you lose 90% of the time anyway then it isnt terribly useful. I will try it again and see how it goes though.

5 hours ago, mark said:

Agree that Barrage won't ever fully shine in this deck, I mentioned it more to give ideas of how you can try to play through disruption. The cute thing about Gamma is that it will let you end on something like Stardust Dragon which is strong when resolved, although it's high risk high reward, comparable to Brilliant Fusion in other decks. 

Barrage most likely is good but i think it's more that zoo in general is better. I just feel like there isnt much point theorising the deck with zoo when it will be good once zoo has been hit. As for gamma I really don't think it's going to be worth playing when all you use it for going first is outing ash and otherwise it's completely dead. Ash can be played through most of the time.

4 hours ago, mark said:

Petit could do about the same combo's baby could pre-link, assuming you opened the 2 required combo pieces as described in the OP?

I'll say that my experience with the deck is mainly pre-link though. 

Petit is basically the same. it's just marginally worse in certain scenarios where you need to search aeolo/baby or attack. if you combo it is usually the same though since you just special oviraptor and search baby.

mark    3105

No it also plays through ghost ogre on diagram, not just ash 

»victor    6400

What do you guys think about Jurrac Titano, especially now that we have a "Miracle Fusion" for it (banishing fodder like Baobaboon or Vortex/Card Trooper, used Hand Trap, True King, and Dino in grave, to drop a monster immune to quick effect targeting and True Draco targeting Traps is strong, especially when it's bigger than Master Peace).

300?cb=20130703150924300?cb=20170707112258

It's the long awaited searchable Obelisk the Tormentor, by way of Fossil Dig and Souleating Oviraptor, and it's LV 9 to make True King of All Calamities (unlike LV 10 Ultimate Conductor Tyranno).

And in today's format, you can beat Solemn Strike, Dimensional Barrier, when Summoning it.

In True King Dinos, it gets more interesting because you can Terraforming or Set Rotation for Mausoleum of the Emperor and just Normal Summon it, while True Dracos don't get their effects (This is not a Tribute Summon), so this really is the only big monster deck out there benefiting.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, victor said:

What do you guys think about Jurrac Titano, especially now that we have a "Miracle Fusion" for it (banishing fodder like Baobaboon or Vortex/Card Trooper, used Hand Trap, True King, and Dino in grave, to drop a monster immune to quick effect targeting and True Draco targeting Traps is strong, especially when it's bigger than Master Peace).

I'm not convinced that it's all that great given how it doesn't solve a non-spell Diagram MP, which is most MPs.

Interesting that Double Pill can grab UCT from the deck, though.

»victor    6400
10 minutes ago, Bundle of Sticks said:

I'm not convinced that it's all that great given how it doesn't solve a non-spell Diagram MP, which is most MPs.

Interesting that Double Pill can grab UCT from the deck, though.

The non-spell Diagram MP is solvable because we have 2 Dark Hole, Raigeki, even Forbidden Chalice makes Titano bigger. (Because of UCT, you used to see some people topping with sided Book of Eclipse or SoCL, so moreso than other decks, MP has more Spells to worry about - although Magic Deflector is great against those).

Double Pill can also grab Dogoran, to create Kaiju proof fields.