mark    3105

Can you active Set Rotation if you and/or your opponent already have field spells on the field?

• Upvote 1

Odin_21    9

Yes you can. The field spells that are already face up on the field, are send to grave then.

ACP    33423

I was really hoping that this would be a thread about yugioh implementing actual set rotation like MTG standard.

• Upvote 13

»Logic    2037
20 hours ago, ACP said:

I thought this would be a thread about yugioh implementing actually set rotation like MTG standard.

Grimey    8115

Unrelated question but exactly what year did Konami decide that each player can have their own face-up field spell? 

Had no idea this was a thing until I played Duel Links. 

mark    3105

This is solved, you can active it, thanks

DAD 4 GAME    46
3 hours ago, Grimey said:

Unrelated question but exactly what year did Konami decide that each player can have their own face-up field spell? 

Had no idea this was a thing until I played Duel Links. 

2014, a bit after the wcq season iirc. Same time they changed the first turn draw rule.

Edited by DAD 4 GAME

rordog    986
On 5/2/2017 at 3:58 PM, ACP said:

I was really hoping that this would be a thread about yugioh implementing actual set rotation like MTG standard.

Same. That might have revived my interest in playing YGO again.

Edited by Schism

+Mascis    4566

ok i have some dumb questions about this dumb card that makes no sense to me

1) if i activate it, give my opponent a field spell, can i activate the field spell that i set? can my opponent activate the field spell i set on their field?

2) if there are two field spells set from Set Rotation, can i use another Set Rotation to set another two field spells on top of those?

dexer008    805

1) Yes to both, set rotation reads you are not allowed to activate other field spells than the set ones until both set field spells have been flipped face up. The difference is if your opponent can't use the field spell, then they can't flip it up, such as giving them oracle of zefra when they play no zefras. In this case your opponent can not play new field spells until he is able to remove his, and your field has been flipped face up, and neither can you for that matter. 

2) Akin to the first question, yes you can if both fields have been flipped face up or removed from the field via other effects.

Edited by dexer008

Firae    1

Here's question I can't find an answer to: Can I use Set Rotation to only set one field spell, or do I HAVE to set two? I'm guessing no one else has a problem with having only one field spell in their deck and using this spell.

BuildTheWalia    306
8 minutes ago, Firae said:

Here's question I can't find an answer to: Can I use Set Rotation to only set one field spell, or do I HAVE to set two? I'm guessing no one else has a problem with having only one field spell in their deck and using this spell.

The card literally says: "Set 2 field spells".

NB96    860
15 hours ago, Firae said:

You have to set two field spells so you need to run a second, different field spell in your deck and hope you either don't draw it or that it wont be useful for your opponent.