victor

Spiral Hand Trap Theory

APNick1337    9
17 hours ago, dexer008 said:

This top 8 a case Tourney; 

He was playing the Field Spell as if it were a Spell Speed 2 effect. When someone chained Ghost Ogre he says in the video that he "chained" Pacifis to summon the token. Makes a huge difference.

»victor    6400

So this deck is seeing play in the OCG, courtesy of The Organization, posted on their FB May 25th:

18670806_785708458265051_599573013818791

And it's even better in the TCG given the above ruling?!

»victor    6400

So this deck got Top 15 at a 170 person Seattle regional, but take the result with a grain of salt since there are Youtube comment allegations this guy may have been begging for wins in later rounds, though it's not proven. Also he didn't use the Extra Deck apparently:

Monsters -16

Megalosmasher X -3

Kabazauls -3

Phatasm Spiral Dragon -3

Rescue Rabbit -1

Ghost Ogre -3

Ash Blossom -2

Maxx C -1

Spells -23

Dark Hole -2

Raigeki -1

Pot of Desires -2

Fossil Dig -3

Unexpected Dai -2

Terraforming -3

Pacifis, the Phantasm City -3

Heat Wave -3

Phantasm Spiral Crash -1

Phantasm Spiral Wave -1

Phantasm Spiral Grip -2

Traps -11

Quaking Mirror Force -3

Skill Drain -1

Solemn Strike -2

Solemn Warning -1

Phantasm Spiral Battle -3

Phantasm Spiral Power -1

Extra -15:

Abyss Dweller - 1

Castel -1

Utopia -1

Utopia the Lightning -1

Bahamut Shark -2

Toadally Awesome -2

Number 38 Hope Harbinger -1

Evolzar Dolkka - 1

Evolzar Laggia -1

Princess Cologne -1

GK Pearl -1

SteelSwarm Roach -1

Tornado Dragon -1

Side 15:

Soul Drain -1

Macro Cosmos -1

Cosmic Cyclone -2

Anti Spell Fragrance -1

Unending Nightmares -1

Droll and Lock Bird -2

Fog King -1

Mask of Restrict -2

Magic Deflector -2

Dimensional Barrier -2

dexer008    805

Been testing this out online;

Monster: 7

2 Phantasmal Spiral Dragon

2 Megalomasher X

3 Dragoons of Draconia

Spells: 24

3 Heat Wave

3 Terraforming

3 Set Rotation

3 Pacifis, the Phantasm City

3 Pot of Duality

3 Card of Demise

1 Magical Mid Breaker Field

1 Fossil Dig

1 Fire Formation - Tenki

1 Phantasm Spiral Wave

1 Phantasm Spiral Crash

1 Phantasm Spiral Grip

Traps: 9

3 Phantasmal Spiral Battle

2 Phantasmal Spiral Power

2 Swamp Mirrorer

1 Skill Drain

1 Solemn Warning

This is a pure focus on a consistent build, tried to put upstart in here but didn't really like taking anything out, nor do I think the 1000 is beneficial as this deck just barely puts 8000 on the board at the best of times. Swamp Mirrorer is a techy card been trying, he is a trap normal monster you can summon straight away to get the search effect, and can be a dino/beast warrior/ water type for the usual extra deck options the deck rarely goes into. 

»victor    6400

I think in decks that play Terraforming, Set Rotation, and all those Field Spells, there needs to be a better way to leverage dead cards.

That makes me want to play Cursed Seal of Forbidden Spell since it makes use of those Spells and it hits all the key cards this format and upcoming format (Barrage, Diagram, Pendulum Call, Fossil Dig, Tenki, Terraforming, Pot of Desires), not to mention Twin Twisters, Cosmic Cyclone on Pacifis or Skill Drain.

Or Ultimate Providence, since you have Traps in hand as well.

And since/if you are playing Pot of Demise, that makes we want to play Pendulums that you can Scale (and in this deck, they need to have an effect, since you aren't going to be able to afford Scaling 2 monsters).

So that leads me to:

300?cb=20160114201150

And just reading that makes you see even more synergy there.

1) The fact that we play so many Hand Traps and can play Traps from hand, means we can play Solemn Scolding and Solemn Warning, both cards that negate Summons outright, thereby giving you an edge vs True Dracos. And Guiding Ariadne makes them free. Or you can side them in, when going 1st.

2) The fact that you can Scale it with so much impact means it doesn't matter it's not a Normal monster.

3) Ultimate Providence becomes free negation at that point.

Ariadne immediately makes us think of Metalfoes, which are coincidentally Normal Monsters.

1) The fact that you can search Cursed Seal of Forbidden Spell and Solemns is significant, beyond the Hand Traps and the Heat Waves.

2) Metalfoes can pop Kaijus if they Kaiju you.

We can play 3 Metalfoes Goldriver and 3 Metalfoes  Silverd, and 3 Metalfoes Counter, and suddenly you can float Vanillas and recycle them to hand, via the grave banish effect. And you can Pendulum Reborn trigger on top of that.

---------------

So we play Counter Traps, Hand Traps, and Heat Wave - we are super oppressive going 1st.

But how do we break established fields?

Coincidentally, Metalfoes have a solution for that too:

300?cb=20151001204830

Coincidentally, Psy-Frame Driver is a LV 6 Normal Psychic as well, and you can Tribute a Token for it, to trigger Pacifis for a +2 (Token, Trap). It also works from grave, if discarded via Demise, for the PsyFrame Gears... Beta is a great Hand Trap on the opponent's turn.

(Psy-Frame Circuit works with Set Rotation as well, and you can do Foolish Burial Goods with Psy-Frame Overload and Metalfoes Fusion, to search and draw, like Upstart).

You could go the Evilswarm Thunderbird, WU Rabbit route as well with Pacifis and Psyframes as you won't have non-Vanillas to conflict, right? (If people still remember that deck!).

So you're playing a deck that gets +2s every turn with Pacifis, and you make 1 for 1 trades or better, and could augment that with two-time use cards like Metalfoes Counter, (sided) Lost Wind, Galaxy Cyclone, etc.

Some food for thought about how I go about deck building.

dexer008    805

How do you fit all that in though? Alongside all the searching cards etc. Surely it would be over 40 cards

»victor    6400
On 6/15/2017 at 1:59 PM, dexer008 said:

How do you fit all that in though? Alongside all the searching cards etc. Surely it would be over 40 cards

You could play Baobaboon to give it consistency.

There have been examples of people playing Planet Pathfinder, even though it's not a Normal, but Baobaboon is better in it allows you to filter your hand (especially in a deck that plays extraneous Field Spells), and making stuff like Break Sword lets you simplify while not leaving an Effect monster on the field.

It's good to be able to play without Pacifis, and the play raises the ceiling of the deck.

--------------

Just wanted to point out that this deck sees play post Link format, albeit at a local card shop:

MONSTER CARDS (9):
2 Ronintoadin
3 Swap Frog
3 Dupe Frog
1 Sea Lancer

SPELL CARDS (7):
3 Terraforming
1 Harpie’s Feather Duster

TRAP CARDS (24):
1 Phantasm Spiral Power
3 Phantasm Spiral Battle
1 Heavy Dust Storm
3 Quaking Mirror Force
1 Starlight Road
3 Paleozoic Olenoides
3 Paleozoic Canadia
3 Paleozoic Dinomischus
2 Paleozoic Marrella
1 Paleozoic Leanchoilia
2 Lost Wind
1 Token Stampede

EXTRA DECK (14):
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Sky Cavalry Centaurea
1 Daigusto Phoenix
1 Number 45: Crumble Logos the Prophet of Demolition
1 Paleozoic Anomalocaris
2 Paleozoic Opabinia
1 Toadally Awesome
1 Link Spider
1 Link Disciple
1 Proxy Dragon
1 Decode Talker
1 Topologic Bomber Dragon
1 Firewall Dragon

SIDE-DECK (14):
1 D.D. Crow
3 Maxx “C”
2 Graydle Eagle
1 Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju
2 Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
2 Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit
1 Phantasm Spiral Power
1 Sea Stealth Attack
1 Token Stampede

Jvizzle87    56

So what was the final verdict on the Gemini issue TCG side? Is the email the definitive stance as of now?

Jvizzle87    56

r435jI0.png

This is what I've been messing with as of now. I've only been testing game 1s but it's had a 50% win rate against Zoos/True Draco. I would like to be able to fit in the Dragon/Equip engine for more explosiveness especially since Sparkman can basically run over anything so it's easy to trigger their Summon effs. Because I run Desires I was thinking 2 PSD so I don't accidentally banish the 1 copy  and 1 copy of each equip spell. 

Since I don't know what the deal with the Alius ruling is, I haven't been focusing on it very much but the little testing I did towards the beginning was very promising. Alius being 300 ATK more is relevant and Gemini Spark was tits and versatile as hell. 

Also an idea I had was running Demise even though I play 5 copies of Honest. The thinking is that it's a +2 when I don't draw into one and +1 or a +0 deck thinner otherwise. I feel like the pure digging it provides and potential plusses warrants playing it. 

• Upvote 1

petqwe    286

I did not notice these cards. Just noticed what they do. Given our lack of Zoodiacs and abundance of traps, I think this is definitely worth a try.

Does this deck autolose to Set rotation though?

• Upvote 1

»victor    6400
On 7/31/2017 at 3:18 AM, petqwe said:

I did not notice these cards. Just noticed what they do. Given our lack of Zoodiacs and abundance of traps, I think this is definitely worth a try.

Does this deck autolose to Set rotation though?

So this deck is continuing to see play in the OCG

MONSTER CARDS (2):
2 Megalosmasher X

SPELL CARDS (18):
2 Card of Demise
1 Fossil Dig
3 Pot of Duality
2 Terraforming
3 Cosmic Cyclone
3 Scapegoat
1 Necrovalley

TRAP CARDS (22):
3 Phantasm Spiral Battle
3 Drowning Mirror Force
3 Metaverse
3 Gozen Match
3 Sea Stealth Attack
2 Skill Drain
3 Macro Cosmos
1 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment

EXTRA DECK (15):
1 ABC-Dragon Buster
1 Baxia, Brightness of the Yang Zing
1 Denglong, First of the Yang Zing
3 Link Spider
2 Proxy Dragon
3 Missus Radiant
1 Star Grail Warrior Ningirsu
1 Decode Talker
1 Varrel Load Dragon
1 Topologic Bomber Dragon

SIDE-DECK (15):
3 Maxx “C”
3 Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries
1 Harpie’s Feather Duster
1 Dark Hole
3 Typhoon
2 Magic Deflector
2 Unending Nightmare

And to answer your question, they have Metaverse and Sea Stealth Attack to help with Set Rotation.

petqwe    286
18 minutes ago, victor said:

So this deck is continuing to see play in the OCG

And to answer your question, they have Metaverse and Sea Stealth Attack to help with Set Rotation.

Can you even activate those cards when Set rotation is up?

• Upvote 1

»victor    6400

TopologicBomberDragon-COTD-EN-ScR-1EPacifisthePhantasmCity-MACR-EN-R-1E

So this is the new combo that is great for Dark Magicians, Paleozoics, etc.

In case you guys don't realize it, Bomber Dragon is not once per turn...

1) So the opponent activates a card, you Summon a Spiral token into its Zone, you Quick Effect Dark Hole the Main Monster Zones.

2) You don't control any Tokens (since it was destroyed).

3) Rinse and repeat, opponent can't play any cards to create a field?

(Also worth noting that Paleozoics are not affected by the destruction, neither is DM with Eternal Soul).

This works nicely in Dark Magicians as they can Galaxy Tomahawk into Bomber Dragon.

But even in Paleozoics, you can play Venus and Shine Balls (as LV 2s) for Rank 2s anyway, and that makes Link Spider, Proxy Dragon, Venus into Bomber Dragon.

Playing something like Scapegoat via Missus Radiant to make this in Paleos is also possible.

IRLAlex    116
8 minutes ago, Oh_The_Irony said:

How do you make Bomber Dragon with Galaxy Tomahawk, since the tokens are normal monsters?

Tokens can go into Link Spider or something and then you use the Link Spider for Bomber Materials.

Oh_The_Irony    771
Just now, IRLAlex said:

Tokens can go into Link Spider or something and then you use the Link Spider for Bomber Materials.

But you would need to make three Link Spiders, which you can't do.

IRLAlex    116
53 minutes ago, Oh_The_Irony said:

But you would need to make three Link Spiders, which you can't do.

Tomahawk special summons as many tokens as possible. So if you have three spaces, you make three link spiders, then use tomahawk as the last mat.

Oh_The_Irony    771
10 hours ago, IRLAlex said:

Tomahawk special summons as many tokens as possible. So if you have three spaces, you make three link spiders, then use tomahawk as the last mat.

The extra monster zone is taken up by Tomahawk though, and none of the other zones are pointed to by a link monster.

»victor    6400
12 hours ago, Oh_The_Irony said:

How do you make Bomber Dragon with Galaxy Tomahawk, since the tokens are normal monsters?

It's possible once we get Proxy Dragon August 25th.

You use up Galaxy Tomahawk to make Gaia Saber, use up 2 Tokens to make Proxy Dragon, make a second Proxy Dragon, and go into Bomber Dragon.

Since Dark Magician is supposed to come back, it's not a big cost, and you can even play Magician Navigation to bring out the second LV 7 (like Astrograph Sorceror, seems pretty cool to search a Magician's Rod to hand when it's run over for instance, and it's an Allure / Sacred Sword of Seven Stars target), Xiangke could be anti-LIGHT, e.g. Venus or Proxy/Firewall Dragon.

• Upvote 1

petqwe    286
1 hour ago, Oh_The_Irony said:

The extra monster zone is taken up by Tomahawk though, and none of the other zones are pointed to by a link monster.

You make Gaia Saber, then Link Spider then Bomber Dragon?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, petqwe said:

You make Gaia Saber, then Link Spider then Bomber Dragon?

Gaiasaber isn't an effect monster (Bomber wants 2+ eff), you'll have to jump through some more hoops if you want to summon Bomber.

petqwe    286
10 hours ago, Bundle of Sticks said:

Gaiasaber isn't an effect monster (Bomber wants 2+ eff), you'll have to jump through some more hoops if you want to summon Bomber.

Does this work:

Tomahawk + 2 tokens = Gaiasaber

1 token = Link Spider A

1 token + Link Spider A = Ib the World Chalice Priestess

1 token = Link Spider B

Gaiasaber + Link Spider B = Missus Radiant

Ib + Missus Radiant = Bomber

»victor    6400
6 hours ago, petqwe said:

Does this work:

Tomahawk + 2 tokens = Gaiasaber

1 token = Link Spider A

1 token + Link Spider A = Ib the World Chalice Priestess

1 token = Link Spider B

Gaiasaber + Link Spider B = Missus Radiant

Ib + Missus Radiant = Bomber

I believe that should work.

In the interest of Field Spell support, it also works with:

BlackGarden-LC5D-EN-ScR-1E

So possibilities open up with WU Rabbit and Evilswarm Thunderbird, if you remember that good ol' Chain Beat deck. Actually, in 2017, you'd be using Black Garden to revive Zoodiac Ramram and Thoroughblade :cool:

See:

Also, there is a strong interaction with reviving:

TimestarMagician-PEVO-EN-UR-1EBlackFangMagician-PEVO-EN-UR-1E

You revive Timestar into the Main Monster Zone, and it protects your Pendulum cards, also keep in mind that Purple Poison can destroy the Extra Monster Zone card, if any. And the 3 Down  Arrows slots all work nice to Pend into. Astrograph is LV 7, etc.

There's a lot of strong support for Bomber Dragon, imo.

»victor    6400

So this deck finally got its:

300?cb=20170907222503

Which gives you a way of retrieving Pacifis from grave.

Beyond the obvious benefits,

It makes the deck more resilient in protecting Pacifis, but also floodgates (Macro Cosmos, Skill Drain), most notably, you can actually protect Mask of Restrict from being destroyed by Diagram or True Draco Apocalypse pop of a True Draco Spell.

Likewise, it makes Fog King (whose original Level is 5 or higher), a Normal Summon Catastor, so you have a couple of new options in the True Draco matchup.

It's worth noting Lose 1 Turn receives a boost because SSA lets you banish the Special Summoned Phantasm Spiral Token, so you can activate it in the first place, so it makes L1T a more consistent card.

• Upvote 1