Tygo

Tamer Editor

»Tygo    14112

Gladiator Beast Tamer Editor
DARK/Beast-Warrior/Fusion/Effect
Level 8
2400 ATK / 3000 DEF
2 Level 5 or higher “Gladiator Beast” monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use “Polymerization). This card cannot be used as a Fusion Material.
(1) Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 “Gladiator Beast” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions, except “Gladiator Beast Tamer Editor”.
(2) At the end of the Battle Phase, if a “Gladiator Beast” monster you control battled: You can return it to the Main Deck or Extra Deck; Special Summon 1 “Gladiator Beast” monster from your Main Deck.

Discuss how the best deck 10 years ago should be tier zero now. 

»Tygo    14112
1 hour ago, DukeLukewarm said:

What a great idea releasing this after the new rules.

I forgot about them and now I'm very upset.

• Upvote 5

Chaos_Blaze    75

So the new GB monsters (this card, GB Noxius, and GB Andabatae) are all almost 100% likely to be in Battle of Legend: Light's Revenge, which would be released the day before the NA WCQ and pre-Link rules.

idk how good this deck would be in the June 2017 format but the option could be there.

»Tygo    14112

What's the other cards? In not on the up and up clearly. 

Chaos_Blaze    75

Gladiator Beast Andabatae
DARK/Beast-Warrior/Fusion/Effect
Level 8
1000 ATK / 2400 DEF

"Gladiator Beast Augustus" + 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".)

If Summoned this way: You can Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower "Gladiator Beast" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card battled: You can return it to the Extra Deck; Special Summon 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters from your Deck.

Gladiator Beast Noxius

DARK/Beast-Warrior/Effect

Level 5

0 ATK / 1000 DEF

When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, change the attack target to this card and perform damage calculation, also this card cannot be destroyed by that battle. If this card is Special Summoned by a "Gladiator Beast" monster's effect: You can send 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card battled: You can shuffle this card into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Noxius".

The other Fusion seems pretty mediocre due to having to use GB Augustus. Noxius can set up Gyzarus easily but battle activation cards (especially during direct attacks), aren't that great.

»Tygo    14112

Nox can kind of just end a battle phase assuming nothing kills it before the tag. It being 5 for editor and setting up darius is neat. I stopped reading the first after I saw Augustus. 

+Satchmo    3220

p0aar8R.gif

doesn't matter what the format is, it's always Gladiator Beast format

• Upvote 7

»Tygo    14112

Hey so would nox summoning from the hand count as a gladiator beast effect or is it an inherent summon? Triggering itself would be ridiculous but there's a lot of things happening at once like forcing the move to damage calc so I doubt it'd work regardless. 

»Tygo    14112

nevermind

It works. You block the attack then dump after dmg calc. That's awesome. 

»victor    6400

I'm a little surprised that people aren't giving consideration to GBs even though Master Rule 4 is about a month away. (You can play 3 MBAAS and you can power through Drident and GoSR, and Cattle Call into Zoodiacs and Gyzarus as well).

And even then, because all they do is need to "battle" vs Tokens, they can trigger their effects. If you think about it, there's no other deck with maindeck anti-Token hate, and access to War Chariot (and we now even have new cards like Foolish Burial Goods to dump it for Equeste, which we didn't back in GB heyday, and Unexpected Dai for Andal whom you can Link Spider, and grave for Darius).

There's stuff they can do, and I think people are too caught up in the "oh GBs" nostalgia or stigma to consider them.

Noxius + Darius gives you 3 monsters to work with, for Links and the mismatched levels / non Tuner status of Murmillo, etc. you had before, are solved by Links.

You can Cattle Call Blackwing - Gofu into Gyzarus, who is a LV 6 GB for Tamer Editor, and you can make 2 Link Spider for Editor + Gyzarus/Heraklinos. https://ygorganization.com/ocg-extra-pack-2016-rulings/

Heck, I can even see folks playing Tannhauser Gate with the weaker GBs to cheat out Tamer Editor, for instance.

• Upvote 1