banefulscolumn

Limited cards which were once a concern but are now outdated.

Exodia Pieces -- Having 3 of each piece grants the player no strategic advantage, and in fact hurts Exodia players by reducing their card advantage. 

Artifact Moralltach -- The Artifact engine was broken 3 years ago, but Moralltach would be fine at 2 today.

Inzektor Hornet & Dragonfly -- I'm not a fan of the deck, but there's no reason to hit a tier 7 deck.

Saqlifice -- As with above.  Scout was dangerous in being a +X card.  But Saqlifice is a searcher with a limited ceiling.

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole -- It was broken when limited Special Summoning resulted in players being unable to recover when down on the summon, but it should've been put at 3 several years ago.

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon -- Was an overpowered boss monster 5 years ago, but would be average by today's standards.

Dewloren Tiger King of the Ice Barrier -- I'm willing to be corrected if I'm wrong, but was Dewloren OTK ever a thing?

Book of Moon -- It's one of the most balanced skillful cards ever created.  If Empty Jar is the worry, there's worse cards to hit

+mmf    23488

>was dewloren FTK ever a thing?

yes, yes it was, quite a few times

»victor    6400

Regarding REDMD, there are a lot of Dragon cards that were made less restrictive predicated on the fact that REDMD is at 1, namely the Felgrand cards and the Red Eyes support, not to mention Galaxy Eyes Dark Matter Dragon, Ultimaya Tzolkin, etc.

A lot of the Odd-Eyes / Starving Venom support relies on DARK Dragons, there's also Hieratic OTK decks involving Gustav Max, and even if you consider Links, the Vullet theme is coming out.

Dragons are the most powerful Type in Yugioh and REDMD has no restrictions and would be played in everything, limiting future design, heck even Amorphages need it to Summon Goliath from hand :)

Compare it to DMoC, they had to errata it, to work in End Phase, if they do the same to REDMD, then it would.

Have you read REDMD? There has to be so many downright unfair combos with that card at 3 by now. I think at 1, it can be a strong support card for dragon types. I don't really like it at 2 either bc just being able to get 2 of them for a rank 10 could stir trouble. 

Nate1080    1224

3 REDMD may break Vullets (future Dragon archtype. Comes out two sets from now). Its too soon.

Edit: Just saw that Victor mentioned Vullets.

As Victor said, REDMD needs an errata to be at 3. Like, an actual cost or drawback from summoning monsters.

Nate1080    1224

Also wait, Grand Mole is still limited? Lmao. I remember trying out multiple copies of this card back in the day, to see why it was limited, it sucked and was horrendously overrated back then imo. This was 2007.

Saqlife was just semi'd in the OCG. Can probably go back to 3. Qli sucks under the recent changes to Pendulum mechanics.

• Upvote 1

+Gemstone Mine    2596

p sure ocg also has towers and 3 scout too, and it's still not a deck.

if we're talking just about cards that belong to decks that are awful even if they aren't healthy decks, pretty sure with 0 chain and 1 archfiend there's no reason for infernity launcher or barrier to be limited. Barrier certainly.

Also el shaddoll fusion.

mark    3105

I was going to list

but I will just say that, regardless of OP being right or not, people have to realize that power creep is how konami / yugioh works and banning/limiting cards while releasing "more broken" cards is not retarded, it is just their way of doing set rotatation. yes maybe mtg does it better, but within this system - these situations make sense

mark    3105

konami cares about people buying new sets / using new cards more than "balance" or w/e