Jazz

Stranger Things Mafia - Day 6

1781 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Threadmarks:

Day 1 End (Kahu is lynched; rei is MK'd; Broken is MK'd)

Day 2 Start (PSK is killed; Sophocles is sent to The Upside Down)

Day 2 End (Zappdos is lynched; Sophocles returns from The Upside Down)

Day 3 Start (Nobody dies; Francis is sent to The Upside Down)

Day 3 End (Malcolm is lynched; Francis returns from The Upside Down)

Day 4 Start (Markus is killed; crei is sent to The Upside Down)

Day 4 End (Tyranno is lynched; crei returns from The Upside Down)

Day 5 Start (Sophocles is killed)

Day 5 End (crei is lynched)

Day 6 Start (Winter is killed)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Format:

- closed set-up

- role claiming is allowed (ex: Poisoner; Vanilla Town)

- character claiming is not allowed (ex: Tribe-Infecting Virus; Theon Greyjoy)

- no copy+pasting of PMs

- no duplicate roles

- NK must be assigned to a player

- mafia members will have safe claims

- mafia members are not allowed to communicate with their team after death

- moderate number of roles (more vanilla than my other games)

- no bastard mechanics (alignment conversions, flawed investigators, cults, lynch proof, etc.)

- 17 players

- 32/16 phases

- 4 post quota

New Features:

- strictly no toxicity, no excessive insults (1st offense = warning, 2nd offense = modkill)

- ties result in a random lynch between tied players

- majority lynch is not in effect on day 1

The year is 1982. The omnipresent shadow of Russia pervades the political discourse. A reality television star is the fucking President. Our story begins in suburban Indiana, in the town of Hawkins to be exact. This place is quintessential America. It’s so fucking America that the town square features a statue of a bald eagle stuffing its beak full of McDonald’s french fries. Using public transportation is considered a misdemeanor criminal offense. You can’t get weed unless you travel to Indianapolis and cough up a doctor’s note detailing a diagnosis of advanced colon cancer you got from eating all that McDonald’s. There are exactly three (3) socially acceptable religions in this county: Atari, college basketball, and Christianity. Now you get the picture.

Fate is a cruel mistress. Four friends sit huddled around a dinky card table in a musty old basement. A lava lamp percolates in the background. Everyone is slowly being poisoned by the formaldehyde seeping out of the vinyl siding, but nobody gives a shit. Their role playing game was starting to get really fucking intense! Mikey chooses to take a left at the fork. He comes across a dank ass cave and the host prompts him to roll a D14. He rands a fucking 2 of all things. Ooooooo that’s some real bad luck. A demogorgon jumps out of the cave! It’s got 4 arms, 30 spikes, 0 eyes and 2 vaginas for mouths. Shit is sooooo fucked up.

Now it’s your turn! Absolutely no pressure. What are you gonna do about this mess: Fireball? Force Field? Pokeball? Run? You ponder your options for a moment while munching on a Strawberry Pop-Tart. Finally you make a selection: Force Field; but it’s not very effective. Womp womp. Your ass gets devoured to bits. Now your crew is down a man and out of provisions (you were carrying them). Way to go. You simultaneously failed your friends and disappointed your ancestors. The dungeon master is super mad at you for being such a pussy. You should've cast Fireball. After snapping out of your daze of shame you realize you got school the next morning so y’all disband from the scene right quick and head home.

On your way home you decide to take that old shortcut through the woods. Rumbling down the hill on your bike, your headlights suddenly flicker out all mysterious-like. Ruh roh. That’s a viciously bad omen. You ride right over a jagged rock and do a full speed faceplant. Now since you were too cool to wear a helmet, you’ve got some mild brain damage. You shrug it off, try to get your bearings and locate your bike. But of course, there’s a scary ass monster looming above you, drooling all over your sneakers. Fucking gross. Then you black out. Now you’re probably dead. Or in another dimension. Or maybe it was all a dream. Yeah let’s go with that. But that wasn’t no ordinary dream, it was a goddamn premonition!

Now you got that sweet, sweet setup info. You know there are four (4) of those Hawkins Lab fuckers lurking around the woods. Every night they gonna abduct another member of the public to conduct some kooky experiments on ‘em. Every day them Townsfolk tryna pick them out using some tried and true advanced interrogation techniques. They gotta lynch ‘em all before they get got in order to preserve their idyllic 1980s middle American punk ass bitch lifestyles. There are absolutely zero (0) Independents in this game so don’t even think about it. Got it?

Welcome to Stranger Things mafia!!!

Players:

1. Wunterslaus

2. Francis

3. Broken (modkilled D1 - Vanilla)

4. crei (lynched D5 - Backup)

5. Winter (killed N5 - Psychic)

6. Nelrick

7. Sophocles (killed N4 - Doctor)

8. Malcolm (lynched D3 - Vanilla)

9. Zappdos (lynched D2 - Vanilla)

10. Silver

11. Tyranno (lynched D4 - Vanilla)

12. Kahu (lynched D1 - Vanilla)

13. 2k17!

14. PSK (killed N1 - Medium)

15. rei (modkilled D1 - Cop)

16. Slick

17. Markus (killed N3 - Silencer)

Edited by Jazz

Day 1 Begins Now:

and ends in 32 hours at 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 20:00 GMT / 23:00 Athens / 05:00 Kahu

2 minutes ago, Jazz said:

New Features:

- strictly no toxicity, no excessive insults (1st offense = warning, 2nd offense = modkill)

negged

Good news everyone, I don't watch this show so I can't get modkilled for figuring out the game through flavour

you guys are my best friends :)

I'm not feeling so great this morning. I'll leave the tab open but I can't guarantee I won't fall back asleep. 

quota

quota

quota

quota

get well soon! :)

So who are 2k17! and Broken and what have I missed while I was on hiatus?

Also, pick out which of the following is a lie. Whoever does so gets a special prize.

1. I have a girlfriend.

2. I have a driver's license.

3. I have a box of giant choux cream pastries in my refrigerator.

Also.

Vote Tyranno

This wouldn't be a mafia game with me and Tyranno in it if I didn't start with a Tyranno vote.

As for why I haven't been playing, IRL came up.

School and depression+anxiety and pain issues specifically.

2 hours ago, confuse rei said:

you guys are my best friends :)

- no toxcity

- signs me and gaia up

busy until tomorrow guys

Underwood is my brother I very much enjoy playing mafia with him :)

Vote Underwood :)

1 hour ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

quota

quota

quota

quota

i feel like this defeats the purpose, but ok

Ah nostalgia

Hi kids

do you like violence

Vote rei. Prove you're not scum while I go eat some ramen for breakfast.  

53 minutes ago, confuse rei said:

Underwood is my brother I very much enjoy playing mafia with him :)

He is the cain to my abel

that means im town guys

Stefanos, Do you have a posting restriction? Would you tell me if you had a posting restriction?