Jazz

Stranger Things Mafia Aftergame - Scum Wins

Jazz    5331

lol I wrote this on my phone anticipating Town would win I am so so so sorry:

I have to make this quick and short because I'm not home and I was anticipating the day would last several more hours. Apologies.

Town MVP - Francis - most accurate and convincing town player by far.

Town HM - Slick - made the right decisions in the end. Universally town read despite participating in early mislynches.

Scum MVP - crei - essentially traded himself for 3 mislynches and nearly protected markus with a surprisingly believable cop claim.

Scum HM - 2k - played very well except for the claim. I think he feels that he got caught for the wrong reasons. Unfortunate that Faint got a check on your ability too, but I think the claim was premature.

Scum probably wins easily if not for running into Faints ability on Day 3, which forces crei and markus to make the ballsy play to out themselves in order to hammer Malcolm. Getting the Zappdos and Malcolm lynches through was incredible scum play by crei and it's why he gets MVP. Not going after the low hanging fruit but instead the big boys on town and getting them lynched--truly incredible. Furthermore this keeps suspicions on Wunterslaus, Silver, and Tyranno after his death. However the decision to double hammer allows Silver the vig to shoot a scum out of the sky, securing town with the extra mislynch and another confirmed town that it really needed. Two timely heals and the inability for scum to pick out the doctor in time gave town another free mislynch. The game unfortunately became an uphill battle for scum quite literally overnight, even though they played it masterfully in the beginning.

All in all I think the balance was pretty good. Perhaps 60/40 town favored if we imagine the modkills never occurred. The game swung quite a bit on town abilities, but scum punting their night actions and failing to identify the town PRs allowed that to happen. Walking straight into doc both N2 and N3 were their biggest mistakes. Perhaps I could have given scum something slightly stronger than Tracker in that 3rd ability spot, like Observer, but I didn't want to make it so scum's abilities could so easily get them doc by D2. I also wanted them to think Watcher was potentially in the game. Perhaps I could have given Silver one bullet instead of 2 to weaken town PRs a little.

Thanks for playing my game. I thought both teams played well and it was really competitive. Thanks for being respectful to your fellow players too. Good job to all.

Roles:

Markus - The Monster - Silencer
Nelrick - Dr. Martin Brenner - Roleblocker
2k17 - Agent Connie Frazier - Tracker
crei - State Trooper O'Bannon - Backup

Safe Claims: Deflector, Jailkeeper, Deputy

Winter - Eleven - Psychic
PSK - Joyce Byers - Medium
rei - Chief Jim Hopper - Cop
Sophocles - Mike Wheeler - Doctor
Silver - Dustin Henderson - Vigilante 2X
Broken - Lucas Sinclair - Vanilla Town
Francis - Benny Hammond - Vanilla Town
Tyranno - Officer Powell - Vanilla Town
Zappdos - Jonathan Byers - Vanilla Town
Malcolm - Nancy Wheeler - Vanilla Town
Slick - Steve Harrington - Vanilla Town
Wunterslaus - Barb Holland - Vanilla Town
Kahu - Will Byers - Vanilla Town

Full role sheets and night actions:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ehcTWK8XrR0mGhBhCBVFXoXWkPpYGGtmI5yld3wz0cc

Scum chat:

https://discord.gg/pfRyxC

• Upvote 3

Jazz    5331

Stranger thins!!!!

• Upvote 2

Nelrick    2393

Dgz Official Aftergame drinking game.

1. For every "i knew the whole scum team from day 1" take a sip
2. For every "classic scum mistakes" or "obvious scum" take 2 sips
3. Everytime francis posts a wall of text that can be tlrd as "im a god and you all suck" down an entire bottle
4. If at the end of any post you feel salty, mad or annoyed even if it wasnt directed at you or you didnt even play in the game, take a shot
5. For every post that has hypocrisy in it take 2 shots then cry
6. For every post that points out mistakes in others without admitting their own, unfriend then on fb and ban them on discord
7. If a post has "town was terrible but scum was worse" or viceversa, ban yourself from the next game and take 1 shot
7a. If a post has "scum was townier than town or town was scummier than scum" repeat the above

8. If at the end of the thread francis has the most posts, you have to keep drinking until you pass out
 9. For every insult, neg jazz
10 . If crei/slick and francis start arguing about how much the other sucks or is good or is less bad than the rest, close the thread, log out and dont come back for a week.

11. For every irony in a post you have 2 choices, if you point out it you have to take a shot, if you dont you have to take 2 shots because you a bitch ass nigga

HAPPY CIRROSIS!

Edited by Nelrick
  • Upvote 12

slickz    4308

Despite my better judgment I deferred to Francis. Never doing that again..

2K18    256
6 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Scum HM - 2k - played very well except for the claim. I think he feels that he got caught for the wrong reasons. Unfortunate that Faint got a check on your ability too, but I think the claim was premature.

yeah this was the biggest misstep, i was really kicking myself for that

i thought that faint was going to out my visit so i pre-emptively claimed to make it look more legitimate

then he said he had no intention of outing the visit at all so *shrug*

other points:

- i definitely couldn't keep up my early game for more than like two phases, i felt like i was really underperforming later

- fuck, i posted way too much, someone take my keyboard away from me

Flacko    2143

everybody makes mistakes

2K18    256

Also, I posted some inflammatory stuff, but I wasn't really mad, I just wanted to give off the illusion.

Obviously my toxicity level was a bit too high, I'll try to avoid it if I play again.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

Despite my better judgment I deferred to Francis. Never doing that again..

I wasnt going to so claim = scum as logic. Ill take that process. 

I just wish wunter gave me something other than circumstantialnstuff to read him off of

Just now, 2k17! said:

yeah this was the biggest misstep, i was really kicking myself for that

i thought that faint was going to out my visit so i pre-emptively claimed to make it look more legitimate

then he said he had no intention of outing the visit at all so *shrug*

other points:

- i definitely couldn't keep up my early game for more than like two phases, i felt like i was really underperforming later

- fuck, i posted way too much, someone take my keyboard away from me

Yeah slickz pmd after the hammer and i told you probably just fucked up. Again its hatd to read that when you showed that you understood the mistake later

+Silver    1008

Gg to 2k. Obv I wanted wunter lynch at the end. Just mad emoji I went back on it 

Flacko    2143

Slick is good.

Nelrick    2393

Jazz, you hosted a great game! Looking forward to your next games.

• Upvote 2

slickz    4308
5 minutes ago, Silver said:

Disagree on islickz HM lol

thanks for wasting vig on me

• Upvote 3

There's two general comments I'm going to make here

1. The mislynches were damaging. Not sure because you lost rei and a cop but to get two effectively robbed us of a mislynch. For the most part, when town didnt derail itself, we were on track and having that extra mislynch means we would have won in the end. That being said, we should have won but derailing is going to happen

2. Does everyone why I hate town reads now? 2k wasn't lying when he said he played the last game the same way. I went back and read it and it was similar. But at the same time what bugged me about him and why I said it was him and Nelrick until the end was because he used them as an excuse to absolve himself of liability on the lynches and as I pointed out they dont show he's trying to solve the game. 

I'm not saying you can't have town reads, but dont out them publicly unless you need to stop a lynch or need to use it to drive another one. 

I town read tyranno but I backed off because in the event I was wrong on Nelrick (didnt think I was but couldnt chance it) it was auto loss. 

Flacko    2143

"no lvp"

ok guys if it isn't a modkilled, it's silver or wunter.

Oh and on the last day and at the end of the game, that's when you need to post and step up the most. Wunter you allowed 2k to hide basically hide do nothing because you did the same. Im not going to put the game on you at all, but in that scenario you need to help me help you (and this goes to everyone in general) 

I think the confirmeds played the last few days terribly for reasons already stated. There was no reason to end those days early and I really needed to go back, read the thread and help me. (winter, silver, slickz). All autoing the day got you was to cut off the flow of info and lose a town voice. 

Edited by Francis J Underwood
  • Upvote 1

2K18    256
1 minute ago, Francis J Underwood said:

2. Does everyone why I hate town reads now? 2k wasn't lying when he said he played the last game the same way. I went back and read it and it was similar. But at the same time what bugged me about him and why I said it was him and Nelrick until the end was because he used them as an excuse to absolve himself of liability on the lynches and as I pointed out they dont show he's trying to solve the game.

yeah that's just how i like to scumhunt

coincidentally i got shot by the vig last game so

it's not doing anyone any favors for reading me but i can't really play any other way, lol

1 minute ago, 2k17! said:

yeah that's just how i like to scumhunt

coincidentally i got shot by the vig last game so

it's not doing anyone any favors for reading me but i can't really play any other way, lol

Well then youre going to die every game from now on because youve shown youll pull it as scum. 

2K18    256

i'm actually fine with dying as town as long as people see what i'm saying before it happens and take it into account, usually

Nelrick    2393

The irony of you telling slick you wouldnt buss all the scum members

while suspecting 2k who did exactly that

• Upvote 2

slickz    4308
15 minutes ago, Silver said:

Disagree on islickz HM lol

Also, the whole entire town town-read me AND i got confirmed and you were still tunneling me. Ontop of calling yourself confirmed when you weren't and generally not doing much of anything. What the fuck else was I supposed to do to convince you? I never once tried to kill or tunnel you either despite this which took some restraint

• Upvote 1

Nelrick    2393

Best post of the thread was slick saying the "i wouldnt do this as scum" because not only is it wifom, i think we should accept its not true.

• Upvote 3