iSlickz

Arbitrary Mafia Power Rankings

207 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Markus said:

I see you always lynch towns. You turbo tunnel all the time but it's usually towns when you do it. This past game was probably the best one I've ever seen you play.

Yeah I had a really bad stretch for a while and it's definitely a weak part of my game. It was also a great scum tactic though when people see me do it so much.

I tried not to tunnel as much and it worked out in the sense that people townread me for it, but I still ended up on the wrong lynches :X

Markus's Mafia Tier List v1.0.2

For the top 3 tiers, I did 5 for each, but I think that those around the ends are basically at the next level. I just wanted to do it by 5's really.

[GOD TIER]
1. Malcolm
2. confuse rei
3. rei
4. JAPANESE GOBLIN
5. Francis J Underwood

[High Tier]
6. LFN
7. Nelrick 
8. PSK
9. The Antagonist
10. JC.
11. ACP

[Good Tier]
12. 2k17!
13. MMF
14. Zappdos
15. Markus
16. Jazz

[Mid Tier]
17. iSlickz
18. Winter Multi
19. Kahu
20. Mascis
21. Juan
22. Gemstone Mine
23. DarkBlaze
24. The_Be(a)sT

25. ZeroPassion
26. Sophocles

[Low Tier]

28. Solstice
29. Wunterslaus
30. Broken Brilliance
31. SageRhapsody
32. Top_Ladd
33. TheGoldenTyranno
34. Cunning Mastermind
35. Silverdude

[Until I Can Be Proven Otherwise Tier]
36. Mark

5 minutes ago, Markus said:

For the top 3 tiers, I did 5 for each, but I think that those around the ends are basically at the next level. I just wanted to do it by 5's really.

Hide contents

[GOD TIER]
1. Malcolm
2. confuse rei
3. rei
4. JAPANESE GOBLIN
5. Francis J Underwood

[High Tier]
6. LFN
7. Nelrick 
PSK
8. The Antagonist
9. JC.
10. ACP

[Good Tier]
11. 2k17!
12. MMF
13. Zappdos
14. Markus
15. Jazz

[Mid Tier]
16. iSlickz
17. Winter Multi
18. Kahu
19. Mascis
20. Juan
21. Gemstone Mine
22. DarkBlaze
23. The_Be(a)sT

24. Sophocles
25. ZeroPassion

[Low Tier]

26. Solstice
27. Wunterslaus
28. Broken Brilliance
29. SageRhapsody
30. Top_Ladd
31. TheGoldenTyranno
32. Cunning Mastermind
33. Silverdude

34. Mark

You , JAP, and Nelrick are ranked too high. Soph and Solstice too low. Other than that it's a decent list I guess 

I mean i super rate nelrick and jazz idk

Fwiw i actually think malcolm/rei are auto 1/2, idk which order. Crei 3rd, but this is just bias so idk

Underrated players also include psk, jazz, jc. Zeropassion is also a far better mafia player than people like myself and should be higher.

i think you're right on zero passion actually. he's not bad. i think they just fell wherever they so happened to bc of the position of other players.

i dont think soph or solstice are good at all.

5 hours ago, rei said:

I think it's been like two games that I've actually played if you discount modkills for lol2jobs and games ive rolled not town

lol jazz thinking i shouldn't be S tier

(I've also already proven through anon games my scum game is p dec) 

The reason I like Tyranno's play ultimately boils down to him stating things outside of the predetermined meta - he wont shy away from perspectives just because the DG meta doesnt like a certain way of doing things 

Bad excuses make you sound like markus u scrub

I mean shying out of meta =/= making logical calls. If youre gonna break the norm then break it in a way that works or does well moving forward, rather than just dragging it backwards kicking and screaming

3 minutes ago, Markus said:

i think you're right on zero passion actually. he's not bad. i think they just fell wherever they so happened to bc of the position of other players.

@Sophocles 

3 minutes ago, Markus said:

Zero passion is better than either of us, for sure. I think solstice is getting better each game

Being honest i think im better than you, but im pretty sure you think youre better than me too so lets agree to be heroes together next game :)

I mean this is all opinionated so really who cares

But fwiw anyone doubting whether malcolm is s tier really needs to go look at the game he repped dgz on for mafia universe

21 minutes ago, Markus said:

Reveal hidden contents

as far as dgz goes, I got MVP as scum 3 out of 3 times, while my towngame hasn't been as consistent (combination of better and worse games imo)

I played scum on another site once and solo won after one teammate got red checked and the other got alive=scummed (he's their rei, basically). as you can see they basically all called me confirmed town and I made the right nightkills  (My name there is Prison Break)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/521332-generic-mini-mafia-ii 

2nd game I played there I was town, I caught scum day 1 + got nightkilled
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/522886-newbie-student-mafia-xxvi

my last 2 games on this site, were my scumgame in drunk mafia and my towngame in nazi mafia. in nazi mafia my reads were good day 2 but I fucked up on the communication part. in drunk mafia, I basically carried the team singlehandedly while my teammates got either modkilled, alive=scummed, didn't have internet or didn't show up at all - and would've won the game with the wunterslaus lynch if it wasn't for silver modkilling himself. I also pushed all mislynches this game without getting suspicion (although I tilted in the end)

my point being, and I don't really mind if people meme about it or disagree, is that I think I understand the game on a certain level but that I have certain flaws that hold me back. I think being ranked B+ is accurate: my scumgame is very good but my towngame is worse, although not bad. I think people should also keep in mind that I've only been playing since Witchhunt (the one with rei, francis, nelrick mascis scumteam where I was priest). I made some extremely bad fuckups (claiming a role that doesn't exist, lynching un cc'd cop, the entire first 2 days in fuck you mafia, and tilting out a few times), which were so bad that some people only remember those, but those aren't representative of my play. I've also learned from them, in the sense that I won't do them anymore, but I understand that I have to prove that 2-3 games in a row before people would believe it. I've also been an asshole in some games and played too selfishly which makes some people like me less, which is a consequence I deserve and have to deal with. 

anyway, not really trying to convince people because I've realized that's not worth focusing on, but wanted to give my point of view as a response to your "until people prove me wrong". if you don't want to read through the entire games, just read the last few pages in both threads where people give their aftergame thoughts basically 

I think you're pretty close to me and so is Jazz, Jazz thinks I'm better than him at town bc I have better reads. I think you have pretty dumb reads sometimes, and you do things like with the tracker claim in Nazi mafia or whatever it was when me you and JC were supposed to be heroes, but you actually are better than most players. You pull through really well usually. I think Jazz is better than ZeroPassion but he doesn't play that much with us.

I used to think iSlick was much worse.

Just now, Markus said:

I think you're pretty close to me and so is Jazz, Jazz thinks I'm better than him at town bc I have better reads. I think you have pretty dumb reads sometimes, and you do things like with the tracker claim in Nazi mafia or whatever it was when me you and JC were supposed to be heroes, but you actually are better than most players. You pull through really well usually. I think Jazz is better than ZeroPassion but he doesn't play that much with us.

Wait what tracker claim haha dont think that was me? 

2 minutes ago, Winter Multi said:

Wait what tracker claim haha dont think that was me? 

Maybe it was watcher or something you said you caught Wunter as scum but I had already figured him out and everyone ignored me. You didn't read the thread before you claimed.

Just now, Markus said:

Maybe it was watcher or something you said you caught Wunter as scum but I had already figured him out and everyone ignored me. You didn't read the thread before you claimed.

Oh yeah that one lmao

Yeah i shouldve held back, but nobody was following you and everyone was focusing and tunnelling mark. Always better to get people lynching confirmed scum than possible town ;)

I just fuck up on reads and sometimes it's legit bullshit, but I consistently have good reads. I would probably have to have other errors in my town game pointed out. 

I dont read role pms

Hell i dont even get role pms to read

Vote tyranno for host with the nost

I think Jazz is the best host.

I've been playing for 4 years since 2013. You guys missed so much. 

43 minutes ago, Markus said:

Hide contents

[GOD TIER]
1. Malcolm
2. confuse rei
3. rei
4. JAPANESE GOBLIN
5. Francis J Underwood

[High Tier]
6. LFN
7. Nelrick 
PSK
8. The Antagonist
9. JC.
10. ACP

[Good Tier]
11. 2k17!
12. MMF
13. Zappdos
14. Markus
15. Jazz

[Mid Tier]
16. iSlickz
17. Winter Multi
18. Kahu
19. Mascis
20. Juan
21. Gemstone Mine
22. DarkBlaze
23. The_Be(a)sT

24. ZeroPassion
25. Sophocles

[Low Tier]

26. Solstice
27. Wunterslaus
28. Broken Brilliance
29. SageRhapsody
30. Top_Ladd
31. TheGoldenTyranno
32. Cunning Mastermind
33. Silverdude

34. Mark

still

no

fucking

harima

FUCK i was supposed to put that in when i was typing up. i was going to end that meme but i forgot. ughhhhhhhhh.

38 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

You , JAP, and Nelrick are ranked too high. Soph and Solstice too low. Other than that it's a decent list I guess 

Lol

10 hours ago, iSlickz said:

People say this and never back it up. Show me because it feels like I'm being trolled 

I've often found him easy to read when he's town, though not everyone agrees with me so perhaps I'm just better than the rest of you (|:|)

fwiw I don't think I'm that good at mafia anymore, partly through lack of time partly idk.

would rank mark and jazz lower - not because they have bad reads (on the contrary in fact) but because a large part of this game is the teamwork aspect and they both can struggle with this (as town). faint+scumstone should arguably be higher too, though both have their off days. would prob make other arbitrary changes but I can't be fucked 

Id be pretty interested in the opinions of rei malcolm crei francis etc and seeing their lists

23 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

I've been playing for 4 years since 2013. You guys missed so much. 

This actually makes sense now I guess