Hey, I don't know how alive or dead this section of dgz still is but it's worth a shot.

I'm trying to get into shape/ get fit. I don't currently know my weight or what my goal would be, I just want some critique on my current activity log. I am a bigger guy though (1x -2x shirts) and (42-44) waist pants

I currently work out 6 days a week doing home workouts. Now every day isn't the same. I'm following a workout regime from "teambody project" (some of their workouts are on YouTube for reference) . Most days it's some combination of cardio, pilates , resistance training. With some exercises including jumping jacks , push ups, sit-ups, squats, lunges, planks, burpees and whatnot. And times ranging from 25-50 minutes. 

My diet normally consists of 

Breakfast:

1egg

Turkey bacon

Bagel

Water

Or 

Two bowls of some cereal (honey bunches or honey nut chex) with unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Lunch:

Turkey wrap with mayo and spinach with whole wheat wraps

Something on the side(orange, rice snacks)

Or

Chicken wrap with spinach and ranch

Dinner I don't really have anything concrete, it's normally Turkey dogs or something else

All water for drinks or the occasional soda. My job MOSTLY consists of sitting and light walking around (office setting). To supplinent that I normally walk to the train (10-15 min) and to work (20-30) min and from work and home 

I do notice that I do snack and eat a lot

(Chipotle , small thin crust pizza and I snack a lot , have a problem with sweets but Everything is logged into MyFitnessPal and logged into the preset macros that they have with me) . I've been doing that for about ten weeks . Any critique or clarification is well appreciated

Edited by BearAlchemist
  • Upvote 1

how has it been for 10 weeks? do you feel healthier? hungrier? smaller?

i normally come into these threads and see a weird ass diet, 7 day training weeks and wanting to know how and when they will see results.

if you've stuck to that for 10 weeks, and stayed within your mfp macros... i can't really see this failing. 

can i ask about almond milk and turkey shit? is that cos you like the taste or because it's a diet fad?

changing up the type of milk or eating solely turkey does nothing if you're eating pizza and two bowls of cereal each day. it's like bringing a broom to an earthquake, yeah it helps... but there are bigger issues.

I haven't personally seen that ive been thinner, but i've seen signs of it. I.e people have told me i have lost weight and my shirts, pants fit better. I also feel more alert and awake. 

Almond milk has a decent taste, but it has a flat aftertaste you can notice if you are drinking it straight , but if added to cereal and smoothies and stuff you cant notice . Also with turkey products and turkey bacon it has less fat but also less protein and it has a decent taste to it .  So for me personally it was simple to make the change.  If you where considering changing i would maybe try something like  sweetened vanilla(80 cal)  at the start to make the adjustment easier. I will often find that my calories are too low by the end of my work day which is around 900 by 5:00 pm. Making little subtle changes in daily eating goes a long way, at least i think so 

From what ive seen almond milk has less of the bads(fats )  and more of the goods (vitamins and carbs and calories) but i might be missing something 

Also a lot of regular milk at a time makes me gassy 

I do need to stop eating out as much , because i think the pizza is killing me ,maybe i need to bring a snack to eat during work so i can curb craving to go out and eat. Do you have any recommendations?

Edited by BearAlchemist

Silver    1010

I was eating mini-wheats for the longest because they contain the most b-12, which is used for making energy for food

mainly mini-wheats for everything not lunch like breakfast and late night snack after the gym

also just drink water my bro. eat dry cereal and water

force it down ur throat like a fat cock.

i dont drink milk cuz it also makes me gassy

for lunch, i just eat chicken and vegetables and water 

Good thing I eat mini wheats dry anyway haha. But I gotta get some more. Do you have any recommendations for anything that could be eat for the midday. Normally I find myself lacking in protein and carbs. I was thinking about something like honey roasted peanuts. Jerky is cool too but I wasn't looking for something too expensive

Silver    1010

eh depends

lots of peanuts i see have alot of fat and salt.

hm

maybe like turkey and whole wheat bread (no cheese)

Aaron    1983

buy a pair of scales and start weighing yourself.

buy another pair of scales and start weighing your food.

track on MFP.

keeping doing w/e ur doing (didnt read all the posts in full sry)

come back in 2-4 weeks with a list of your daily weigh-ins (same time every morning post piss/shit). 

Alright I'm a bit late but I did buy some scales for weighing and started to do that . I did skip some weighing days due to my weight making no changes but here is my chart here 

Kind of have myself together with my intake

Breakfast 

2 corn tortillas and 1 egg

Lunch 

Turkey sandwich and water 

Snack

Frosted mini wheats / granola bar

(This is moreso dependant on macros I need to be balanced )

Dinner

Wild card dependant on macros but normally involves chicken breasts or fish/ salmon and veggies 

Eat out on Friday

And work out with the program 5/6 days a week

Screenshot_20170915-060656.png

Faint    5722

weigh yourself weekly rather than daily, you'll see more difference

honestly just figure out what you need per day in terms of calories via myfitnesspal app, honestly it's a fucking godsend

Aaron    1983
On 18/09/2017 at 9:51 PM, Faint said:

weigh yourself weekly rather than daily, you'll see more difference

honestly just figure out what you need per day in terms of calories via myfitnesspal app, honestly it's a fucking godsend

no. do daily.

what you are doing is perfect.

daily weights + macro counting is gold standard. 

weigh daily but REACT weekly based on either the trend or average.

Edited by Aaron