Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
IRLAlex

New! Dragon Ball TCG

Recommended Posts

IRLAlex    101

Looks pretty decent:

 

- I like the Limit-Break (re: Vanguard) esque thing being an inherent part of the card rather than using some level-up esque mechanic

- Combo Mechanic is really cool and succeeds where shields in Vanguard failed (ie it gives risk to attacking without preparation)

- I have an almost automatic dislike of Energy Card Mechanics but overall I can look past it because the rest of the game seems pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IRLAlex    101
1 hour ago, Silver said:

wow goku and frieza are pot of greeds

 

It seems all awakened leaders have that as standard and you can only use it once per game (I think).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB96    767

Looks cool to me, but I can't see any indication that the game is playable online. I'm convinced that online is the future of TCG's since you don't need to have a community nearby your home. You would think it would be convenient also for keeping producion costs of the physical cards down, but I wouldn't know how much it actually costs to make cards. Would love to try this out if there were a browser game or app to download and play on without committing money immediately, just to get a feel of what it is like to actually play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB96    767
3 hours ago, Silver said:

wow goku and frieza are pot of greeds

As far as I can tell every Leader card's Awaken ability lets you draw two cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bazoo    5741

You might be able to get some free cards:

https://global.carddass.com/club/influencers/detail/3/

 

I already filled out the application. You need to agree to hold an "event" (could be just a few friends getting together) to promote the product. You then make a Bandai account and fill out your address. Hoping I get some as it seems like a neat game, somewhat similar to Capcom vs SNK card game on DS if you ever played that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Zappdos    1954
On 7/1/2017 at 6:03 PM, NB96 said:

Looks cool to me, but I can't see any indication that the game is playable online. I'm convinced that online is the future of TCG's since you don't need to have a community nearby your home. You would think it would be convenient also for keeping producion costs of the physical cards down, but I wouldn't know how much it actually costs to make cards. Would love to try this out if there were a browser game or app to download and play on without committing money immediately, just to get a feel of what it is like to actually play.

This perspective is interesting to me because if it wasn't for the irl social aspect, I wouldn't touch another TCG for the rest of my life.

FFTCG didn't pick up in my area, and all my friends are ready to go ham on this game, so I'll be playing it competitively. We proxied four decks and have been playing for two weeks now. Incredibly rewarding game to play. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to discuss.

Link below is a full list of cards, and the main site linked below show most of the cards, in a more visable format.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10rsQ4ZteFzoqFT-X4E-l9vlPomfLqMzAPlfoRLU9vuI/edit

http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/cardlist/?search=true&category=428001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB96    767
On 3 July 2017 at 1:49 PM, Zappdos said:

This perspective is interesting to me because if it wasn't for the irl social aspect, I wouldn't touch another TCG for the rest of my life.

The social aspect is nice but if I don't have a community nearby I basically can't play. Online TCG's are sure to have their flaws, but the way I look at it at least I can play the game whenever I want.

 

Also, I'd love to see TCG's come to the Nintendo Switch in particular for the portability aspect of that particular console. That would actually give you the benefits of both online and the chance to meet up with the community of the game in your area if you want. It's not like they are heavily reliant on graphics and I wouldn't think they need much in the way of power to run these card games so I'm sure the Switch could run it just fine. But I don't get the impression that Nintendo care much about card games.

Edited by NB96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bazoo    5741

I received my playset. Four total half decks, all of them have the same cards I believe. I really like Gotenks, who is a Don Zaloog type card. A lot of people have reported not being able to find cards at Target but I haven't looked yet, usually they put new things out on Tuesdays, don't they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bazoo    5741

Here is a pic (from another site) of everything I got, X4.

article2.jpg.d4a2827258215c76b291f8ca711

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Zappdos    1954

I got mine, too I'm hyped.

But I"ve also been proxying constructed decks for the last month. Game is great. Pretty interactive, yet still really quick. For only 4-7 turns often, lots of things happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bazoo    5741

What do you think will be the top decks for the first set, Zappdos? The yellow Ginyu force group seems fairly cray. Seems like you could spam Weenies quickly and they have the (only/best?) tutor from what I've read. But I haven't tested it like you so I am curious to see what you've found!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Zappdos    1954
On 7/29/2017 at 8:22 AM, Bazoo said:

What do you think will be the top decks for the first set, Zappdos? The yellow Ginyu force group seems fairly cray. Seems like you could spam Weenies quickly and they have the (only/best?) tutor from what I've read. But I haven't tested it like you so I am curious to see what you've found!

I'm currently on BG Vegeta having the highest consistentcy and YG Gold Freiza having the highest ceiling. I'm happy to theorycraft with you if you'd like.

Red Blue Champa/Vegeta rush down is certainly a thing. With 15 card side decks, the Ginyu deck won't be able to hold up. If you're playing one color though, regardless of what deck, you're doing it wrong atm.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bazoo    5741

Yeah after reviewing the complete list, I noticed that Blue had some great cards at basically every level. North Kai and Ice Cream Bulma at 1 drop, objection, a couple Vegeta/Gokus, 7 drop Beerus is great.

 

I'm considering splashing Red with it because I like Iron Wall Magetta's indestructibility, but green Revenge Vegeta accomplished almost the same thing. 

 

I'm not sure when or if I'll actually get cards as my local shop said they don't have plans to sponsor the game yet, but I might try to play on OCTGN. Have you tried looking into any online platforms yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Zappdos    1954

Honestly, I'm really disinterested in online clients. 50% of why I'm still interested in card games is that it's a social experience and an excuse to spend time with my friends that can be a real struggle otherwise. Sure I love the competitive reward and have found success regionally, but helping other people and do well is what I'm interested in; can't get any of that online really.

I'll probably check out OCTGN come regional prep time but I'll stick to irl and maybe skype games if I find people I enjoy testing with.

Yeah. Blue has the biggest card pool by virtue of having a starter deck where the other colors don't. It'll be a bit for other colors to catch up.

I share the unpopular opinion that blue is only slightly better than everything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2017 at 9:53 PM, Zappdos said:

Honestly, I'm really disinterested in online clients. 50% of why I'm still interested in card games is that it's a social experience and an excuse to spend time with my friends that can be a real struggle otherwise. Sure I love the competitive reward and have found success regionally, but helping other people and do well is what I'm interested in; can't get any of that online really.

I'll probably check out OCTGN come regional prep time but I'll stick to irl and maybe skype games if I find people I enjoy testing with.

Yeah. Blue has the biggest card pool by virtue of having a starter deck where the other colors don't. It'll be a bit for other colors to catch up.

I share the unpopular opinion that blue is only slightly better than everything else.

I agree irl is definitely more rewarding, but its less convenient. I remember when I played at locals it was a whole day affair, which was fine when I had the time, but I almost never have the time now. If TCG's had competitive online (which a few do), i'd probably play more often. Worked out well for hearthstone, and magic (i think)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB96    767

Has anybody on here played this yet? What's the game like? I wish I could try it out online but I just don't wanna buy a starter deck when I have nobody else to play the game with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gospel    396

The game is pretty fun, we have been having some high turnouts at my store. If I had to compare this to another game it would pretty much be like a mix of Duel Masters/Kaijudo and Cardfight Vanguard. This also comes from a guy who has no real idea about dragon ball, I have watched less than half of an episode and I still enjoy the card game.

 

One fun thing has been watching people evolve from mono color is the best, to mono color with off color combos is the best, to now two or more color decks as people fully explore the card pool and what this game offers.

 

They just spoiled some set 2 cards and they seem very interesting, so it will be intriguing to see where the game and the people go from here. (The new Zamasu leader is awesome)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Digbick    7329

How cheap is the game? I'm thinking of getting into it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gospel    396

Right now card prices are still not stable due to an increase of players and supply being low. Blue cards in particular have risen a bit recently due to being labeled the best color by many people. The game still is not expensive where the most expensive card that isn't an alternative art special card or a promo that were just released goes for around 25 (Beerus General of Demolition) and again that is if you decide to run blue. Yellow Based Frieza and Red Based Champa have had success and are on the cheaper end where the most expensive cards in the deck would be around $10 or less depending on how you build them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×