Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Starlight Warrior

Granel Top 5: Animal Identity?

4 posts in this topic

In the anime, the Meklord Emperors consisted of five monsters that combined into the giant robots we are familiar with.  The head, arms, and legs were interchangeable parts that could be upgraded and/or shared between the three monsters, and they all resembled an animal of some sort.

However, Granel Top 5 is a bit of a mystery to me.  Most of the Granel cards resemble sea creatures, and the wiki's Trivia page on this card says it resembles a stingray, but on closer inspection, it looks nothing like a stingray.  The problem is, we never got a non-card image of the monster, so we've only got the artwork to go on, which gives us a front view of the monster.  I'm thinking more and more that it looks like a Hercules beetle with its shell open.  What do you think?

latest?cb=20140428212115

Yeah, I definitely agree. Doesn't look like a stingray at all. You can't trust anything that you read on those wiki sites.

Well, I wouldn't say you can't trust anything.  It seems more likely to me that it was simply an error in someone's thinking based on the previously established pattern of Granel's parts being based on marine and aquatic life forms.  It's not the first time that cross-themed parts have occurred.  For instance, Skiel Carrier 5 is actually based on a squid, and Skiel Attack 5 appears to be a non-flying insect, and Wisel Attack 5 is a swan.

This is a good thread