Sign in to follow this  
IRLAlex

Made in Abyss

IRLAlex    113

Really young orphans explore a big fuck-off hole in the ground. Very ghibli-esque, looks to be a fun time.

Guru    694

This anime is turning into my favorite of the season.

Nish    253
On 01/10/2017 at 7:33 AM, HououinKyouma said:

I'm dling it now, better be worth it!

if you don't like it then your opinion is wrong :(

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10221

The first 10 minutes of the first episode feels like Yugioh Zexal, and I'm not sure it's going to get much better.  Is this show really pitched at adults?  It feels way less ghibli and way more cliche animu relationships.  So far I see a loli hitting a wall with a pick and struggling because sugoi kawaii and some fairly cliched dialogue 

Nish    253

It's been quite a while since i've watched the first episodes, but iirc it starts off fairly mediocre outside of the exceptional worldbuilding, but doesn't take too long to get really good.

I don't really wanna try justify the main characters because they're pretty bad but if you can will yourself past the first few episodes then it's definitely a worthwhile watch

this series has two things going for it: the fantastic worldbuilding and the curveball for expectations -> delivery re: kids getting their fucking arms cut off (reading this thread and seeing the "this looks like a ghibli film!" had me laughing, obviously). 

the actual execution of the story is fine, but not groundbreaking in any way. if you have 4 hours, watch it. and i hope more episodes of this show get made because the manga is fucking garbage. the soundtrack is also exceptional for this. 

• Upvote 1