5 posts in this topic

I don't really see too much discussion of this game outside of dedicated forums and such, but I think it's a game worth talking about in general. Not only is it a fun party kind of game (like Smash...not Brawl), it's also a pretty fun and deep competitive fighter (like Smash...not Brawl) even though it may not seem that way to the casual viewer. If you enjoy fighting games, its pretty easy to get hooked into this game. 

Most games at the low level end up being grab-fests and super defensive, but at the high level...

it's pretty enjoyable to watch and get into. 

I know some people may have been skeptical of such a game being a competitive fighter (most basically said its a reskinned Wii Boxing. That's barely a fact), but trust me, and the video above, it's definitely a competitive fighter and far deeper than most people realize. Punching or grabbing willy-nilly will net you few positive results, you do actually need to think in this game; the Arms you select and which arm (left or right) you use said Arm on actually matters and determines how you'll combo, approach, etc. 

Discuss and bitch about this game.

Posted (edited)

It's fun and the new patch took Snake Park out of Ranked which is the most important change for me. Also nerfing Cracker and Popper is nice.

Which character do you like the most? I was using Twintelle at the start but I've finally accepted that she's not the best character on the roster.

The competitive circuit meta should be really different from online play. Helix is ass because of his default ARMS (Blorb too slow, Ice Dragon has slow startup, Guardian is just terrible in every area) but in online gameplay where you can pick your ARMS Helix is comfortably the best character.

Edited by NB96

Yeah, Snake Park needed to go. If you weren't on the snake board, you most likely lost. It was too easy to deny the opponent the board if they got knocked off. Also, in my experience it just invalidated some characters, like Byte and Barq since Barq can't get on the board and most of Barq's attacks get blocked by the board.

I liked Byte and Barq when I started playing, but I just naturally gravitated to Ribbon Girl (and occasionally Twintelle). Being able to multi-jump in mid air and fast fall feels really good in this game, she's basically a Smash character. The multi-jump allows me to safely whiff attacks in air to bait out their grab/rush, then jump again in mid air to grab/rush them while they're open, or the Jump allows me to approach them safely while dodging their attacks in air. She just seems to be able to safely pressure the opponent with little risk, something I don't think anyone else in the cast can do.

I feel Twintelle is really good (definitely not the best, but at least top 5) she has the tools to be top 2 but she can be exploited by opponents who are paying attention. She just wrecks people that like to punch/grab stupidly with her ability (at medium range or greater), but has a hard time against people that time their punches and realize that Twintelle's gameplan is to bait the opponent into committing, making her ability less effective outside of being able to charge in mid air (which I think is really fucking good). 

15 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

Yeah, Snake Park needed to go. If you weren't on the snake board, you most likely lost. It was too easy to deny the opponent the board if they got knocked off. Also, in my experience it just invalidated some characters, like Byte and Barq since Barq can't get on the board and most of Barq's attacks get blocked by the board.

I liked Byte and Barq when I started playing, but I just naturally gravitated to Ribbon Girl (and occasionally Twintelle). Being able to multi-jump in mid air and fast fall feels really good in this game, she's basically a Smash character. The multi-jump allows me to safely whiff attacks in air to bait out their grab/rush, then jump again in mid air to grab/rush them while they're open, or the Jump allows me to approach them safely while dodging their attacks in air. She just seems to be able to safely pressure the opponent with little risk, something I don't think anyone else in the cast can do.

I feel Twintelle is really good (definitely not the best, but at least top 5) she has the tools to be top 2 but she can be exploited by opponents who are paying attention. She just wrecks people that like to punch/grab stupidly with her ability (at medium range or greater), but has a hard time against people that time their punches and realize that Twintelle's gameplan is to bait the opponent into committing, making her ability less effective outside of being able to charge in mid air (which I think is really fucking good). 

Yes Ribbon Girl is excellent. Her dash is good, her four jumps mean she is very evasive and she has good default ARMS. Twintelle's dash isn't as good and although she can charge in the air I think it's too easy to get caught on the landing, and dashing in one direction can eave you in a 50/50 depending on where your opponent curves their ARMS as you can get hit while charging and can't dash a second time to dodge.

Min-Min is also good in my opinion. I just don't like using the Seekie on her which I had for a while but getting hit on your left arm stuns you making it too risky imo. It's better on stages like Ramen Bowl where it's a little larger so you can zone them a little better.

I agree with you on Twintelle and is exactly why I said she has a hard time against people who time their attacks and know her gameplan. Eventually, a lot more people will realize and she’ll probably get worse, which would be a shame because I think she can be a really good character. Oh well.

I like minmin too, but I’m pretty bad with her. Can’t get the hang of her parry consistently for the life of me.

Speaking of Seekie, electric arms are so good. They literally scare the opponent into playing more cautiously than normal or they get stunned to death. I actually think the stun duration from electric Arms needs to be nerfed a little, because its so good.