NB96

Avengers: Infinity War

NB96    841

Leaked trailer from San Diego Comic-Con. Quality isn't great but Marvel might not release it themselves if they fear overshadowing Thor: Ragnarok. With a year or so to go it's the usual time frame for the first trailer to come out anyway. This is (in my opinion after seeing multiple leaked recordings) the best quality I could find even with somebody's head in the way at times.

Synopsis:
"As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment - the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain".

Part 1 is scheduled for release in May 2018. Part 2 is scheduled for release in May 2019. I'm going to put both parts of the Infinity War films together in this thread rather than create a separate thread for the second film. So in a years time this thread will be bumped again for Part 2's first trailer.

Thanos looks pretty intimidating to me. Hopefully he wont suffer the same fate as all the other crappy MCU villains bar Loki. He already seems more serious a villain to me than most of the other clowns Marvel seem to have fallen in love with. He also looks like he's squishing Thor's head like a grape. Looks like a full invasion of Earth by himself and his Black Order, now named the "Children of Thanos". See below for more:

Edited by NB96

NB96    841

Looks like Disney have copyright blocked the leaked trailer in the OP now.

Faint    5847

Ywa i cant find the footage anywhere

NB96    841
12 hours ago, Winter Multi said:

Ywa i cant find the footage anywhere

Yeah Disney have taken it down from Youtube. You would think it has been downloaded by thousands of people already.

I just downloaded a video file and it's fine, it's the same video I had before. I've attached my video file to this post. Hopefully it should work.
Avengers - Infinity war - Part 1 Leaked Trailer SDCC 2017.mp4

Edited by NB96

NB96    841

Official trailer came out earlier today, watch out for a slight Thor: Ragnaok spoiler at the end of the trailer.

Edited by NB96

Faint    5847

really looking forward to what has been an incredible buildup and what promises to be an absolute masterpiece

NB96    841

Release date pushed forward to April 27th in the US, 25th in the Netherlands. This is likely due to Solo: A Star Wars Story - another Disney property - coming out in May iirc.

NB96    841

Comes out April 27th. New trailer from Friday I think.

Faint    5847

it honestly looks sooooo good

midnight screening for sure

NB96    841

Came out today, did anybody watch it?

Indignation    2858

I'll probably see it on Tuesday or something. Sold out over here at the times I'm available lol.

+rei+    34642

oh snap

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

N e J i    902

I feel like a kid watching these things. You win Marvel. Take my money.

• Haha 1

Faint    5847

my only gripe:

thanos underlings were basically cannon fodder - they shouldve done way better with them

»Tygo    14119

If you are friends with Sater on FB, avoid like the plague.

God Thanos Tier spoiler status.

N e J i    902
Posted (edited)

Still deciding if I should rewatch this or watch Isle of Dogs? The later would be the logic thing to do but I had so much fun watching this movie...

Edit: Glad I went with Isle of Dogs because it was pretty spectucular. Not that Avengers is bad. Far from it.

Edited by N e J i
  • Upvote 1

+mmf    23484

last shot of Thanos is the end of part 2, not part 1

u heard it here first

Faint    5847
10 hours ago, mmf said:

Hide contents

last shot of Thanos is the end of part 2, not part 1

u heard it here first

yeah agreed 100% - fits with the comics perfectly about his retirement after the loss

NB96    841

I thought the film was quite good. An awful lot of action though. Thanos was done very well and they really gave him some depth.

I felt they could have showcased the power of the infinity stones a little more though. Thanos shouldn't have gotten beaten while having four of them against Iron Man, Dr Strange, Spider-Man, Starlord, Mantis etc. He only won because Starlord decided to be stupid and hit him while he was under Mantis' control.

I'm guessing Thanos will change his mind in part 2 since Dr. Strange just decided to give him the time stone.

Faint    5847
1 hour ago, NB96 said:

I thought the film was quite good. An awful lot of action though. Thanos was done very well and they really gave him some depth.

Hide contents

I felt they could have showcased the power of the infinity stones a little more though. Thanos shouldn't have gotten beaten while having four of them against Iron Man, Dr Strange, Spider-Man, Starlord, Mantis etc. He only won because Starlord decided to be stupid and hit him while he was under Mantis' control.

I'm guessing Thanos will change his mind in part 2 since Dr. Strange just decided to give him the time stone.

mega spoilers in the next spoiler....

at least thats how the comics went

nebula gets the gauntlet, brings everyone back, thrwats thanos plan

NB96    841
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Faint said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think they will go for that in the films though. Thanos was built up since 2012 as a major villain, to have him lose to Nebula would be a major anticlimax regardless of if it happened in the comics. He will probably just realize he isn't worthy of omnipotent power and give it up himself. I think that's why Nebula was able to get it off him in the comics, he could have stopped her if he didn't have those doubts in the back of his mind.

I think we will see Thanos get defeated at the end of Avengers 4, and maybe in a post credit scene they will reveal that he let himself lose on purpose. Maybe mantis will reveal his true feelings of self-doubt, although I can't remember if she was erased or not at the end.

Edited by NB96

+mmf    23484
8 hours ago, Faint said:

Reveal hidden contents

only comic nerds see it but once you see it you really can't unsee it

i need to double check but im p sure the infinity gauntlet also doesnt look all burned and broken like it did right after he used it too

+rei+    34642

CALL TO AGRICULTURE

Aaron    2024

epic film.

Marvel have just knocked it out the park. It reminded me a lot of how Gintama & other anime build up their phenomenal arcs with lots of average to very good arcs.  If you've watched all the marvel films, this is honestly just a plethora of cinematic orgasms with your favourite characters interacting and doing what they do best. 

No real gripes. A few scenes involving Thanos could have been more fleshed out. His children could have been more fleshed out but in all honesty, the film is already 2hr 30minutes and they wasted no time getting into the action. Captain America and all the earth-based super heroes seemed a bit redundant. 

I LOVED the fight vs Thanos involving spiderman/iron man etc... made the heroes seem far less useless than they usually make them against super/mega-powered villains. 

Guardians of the Galaxy cast DEFINITELY shone the most. I found GOTG 2 a bit lackluster in regards to chemistry and some characters just not being that funny but they were totally back to their best in this film, no doubt about it. I liked Thor returning to himself after being an absolute dumbass in his third film. 

Can't wait for Captain Marvel. From interviews, it sounds like shes going to be the most overpowered avenger in the films. 

Thanos is by far the best marvel villain, well done Marvel. 

• Upvote 1