Francis J Underwood

The Official 2017 DG Fantasy Football Thread

Joe.    4932
1 hour ago, Francis J Underwood said:

When was this draft done? Who the fuck takes ty at the back of the 1st?

Pre-Luck news. No one thought he was going to be out all year. Phil isn't the best. His draft was bad. But you can critique every draft somewhere.

54 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Pre-Luck news. No one thought he was going to be out all year. Phil isn't the best. His draft was bad. But you can critique every draft somewhere.

Pre-luck news rofl. So the translation is that this draft occurred anywhere from februray to october meankng it likely happened late August (based on the hunt pick). He shouldnt have been going back of the firat regardless. Just look at who went after him. Thats not even factoring in the luck injury risk. I point it out juat cause its particularly egregious even at the time the decision was made. Like even if you wait on qb rodgers in the fifth almost never happens. Yes he got hurt but this is also a guy who doesnt finish lower than qb2 at the end of the season. Brady in the same range also isnt good for a similar reason. At least one full round later than normal. Snead over hogan depending on when this draft happened (suspension news came out in preseason) also was just very poor. No idea how to evaluate the mixon pick since that was much lower than his adp was at the time iirc but i agree thats where he should have went as the field overvalued him but for your draft that could just mean the your mates were clueless of adp at the time which some of these picks suggest. 

As for the other drafts, none were particularly good and i think several decisions were just bad decisions at the time, but i have to look into it more to confirm. Just from an overall glance you were pretty fortunate with injuries and definitely benefitted from drafting with players who arent too good

Edit: obv i was editing this as i was going thru it. 

Edited by Francis J Underwood

Gospel    374

So what is the final prize breakdown for this year so Joe and I know what is being split?

2 minutes ago, Gospel said:

So what is the final prize breakdown for this year so Joe and I know what is being split?

Same as before with an added 20 to second and third each. I think that as a default that is probably the most fair thing to do. You and joe are free to sidebet, just quote me if you agree on something

Joe.    4932
2 hours ago, Gospel said:

So that would be 140 and 60 @Joe.. You still down to split?

Sure thing. 100 each is fine. 

5 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Pre-luck news rofl. So the translation is that this draft occurred anywhere from februray to october meankng it likely happened late August (based on the hunt pick). He shouldnt have been going back of the firat regardless. Just look at who went after him. Thats not even factoring in the luck injury risk. I point it out juat cause its particularly egregious even at the time the decision was made. Like even if you wait on qb rodgers in the fifth almost never happens. Yes he got hurt but this is also a guy who doesnt finish lower than qb2 at the end of the season. Brady in the same range also isnt good for a similar reason. At least one full round later than normal. Snead over hogan depending on when this draft happened (suspension news came out in preseason) also was just very poor. No idea how to evaluate the mixon pick since that was much lower than his adp was at the time iirc but i agree thats where he should have went as the field overvalued him but for your draft that could just mean the your mates were clueless of adp at the time which some of these picks suggest. 

As for the other drafts, none were particularly good and i think several decisions were just bad decisions at the time, but i have to look into it more to confirm. Just from an overall glance you were pretty fortunate with injuries and definitely benefitted from drafting with players who arent too good

Edit: obv i was editing this as i was going thru it. 

I am not defending the TY pick. He was the 5th best PPR WR last year - so assuming Luck was coming back, it isn't as crazy as you might think. Rodgers/Brady went a bit later for sure. I don't think that is egregious though. 

The Hogan comment is an odd one. His ADP was actually 15+ spots HIGHER than where I took him. It was - in some ways - a reach. But w/o Jules, I obviously figured he would see an increased role - which he had before he got hurt. 

I dislike Snead - but w/o Cooks, it isn't an utterly insane pick. He wasn't the only person picking him in that range.

You could nitpick every draft like this in hindsight btw.

4 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Same as before with an added 20 to second and third each. I think that as a default that is probably the most fair thing to do. You and joe are free to sidebet, just quote me if you agree on something

Gospel    374

@Francis J Underwood We are gonna split 100 each.

I also agree looking at that draft in hindsight can make things look very bad. I for example got made fun of for being very aggressive on Gurley in all of my leagues this year and if he failed or got injured everyone could look and say how I don't know what I was doing etc. I make my projections and predictions at the beginning of the year and I bet that I am correct, Sometimes I look great like being super high on Wentz and Gurley this year and some years I look like an idiot and have to make magic happen in free agency like that one year I took Michael Vick and Chris Johnson Round 1/2 and that went completely to shit. I found this league to be sharper than most of mine in regards to the unconventional names that I was very high on in the draft, lead me to getting a lot of guys who I was not thrilled about having but according to my projections I had to take them.

• Upvote 1

Joe.    4932
1 hour ago, Gospel said:

I also agree looking at that draft in hindsight can make things look very bad. I for example got made fun of for being very aggressive on Gurley in all of my leagues this year and if he failed or got injured everyone could look and say how I don't know what I was doing etc. I make my projections and predictions at the beginning of the year and I bet that I am correct, Sometimes I look great like being super high on Wentz and Gurley this year and some years I look like an idiot and have to make magic happen in free agency like that one year I took Michael Vick and Chris Johnson Round 1/2 and that went completely to shit. I found this league to be sharper than most of mine in regards to the unconventional names that I was very high on in the draft, lead me to getting a lot of guys who I was not thrilled about having but according to my projections I had to take them.

I'd drop my whole bench to add kickers right now if this was not being split lol.

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

Sure thing. 100 each is fine. 

I am not defending the TY pick. He was the 5th best PPR WR last year - so assuming Luck was coming back, it isn't as crazy as you might think. Rodgers/Brady went a bit later for sure. I don't think that is egregious though. 

The Hogan comment is an odd one. His ADP was actually 15+ spots HIGHER than where I took him. It was - in some ways - a reach. But w/o Jules, I obviously figured he would see an increased role - which he had before he got hurt. 

I dislike Snead - but w/o Cooks, it isn't an utterly insane pick. He wasn't the only person picking him in that range.

You could nitpick every draft like this in hindsight btw.

Yes where Luck was healthy from start to finish. I think this is pretty insane no matter how you slice it since he didnt even start throwing until September and most docs said hed need 2-3 weeks to condition (he was ruled out for week 1 and I think any reasonable person would have assumed he would have missed weeks 2 and 3 given he hadnt started throwing yet in his rehab). There is a reason he was dropping to late r3 and 4. 

Snead was suspended for the first 3 games of the season and this should have been known at the time of your draft (based on the Hunt pick). Thats why Hogan > Snead. Same deal as TY (or any other player that gets suspended). When you miss 1/4 of the season, you drop several rounds. You sniping Hogan a round earlier than his adp isn't my gripe with it. Its just a point of comparison. 

I'm not nitpicking it so much as I'm looking for decisions that were just plain bad at the time they were made. I'm not calling Snead bad because he ultimately was a bust. I'm calling the pick bad because 1. You took him at cost knowing he'd miss 25% of the season guaranteed and also where Ted Ginn was running ahead of him, and 2. Players in the same general vicinity offered you the same upside without the risk (Hogan). Like yes I'm doing it in hindsight but I don't think there is anyone in here that will tell you any of the decisions I commented on were okay or good decisions at the time they were made. 

1 hour ago, Gospel said:

Alright I'll reserve that, but Im not paying out until after third place is dealt with 

Joe.    4932
On 12/20/2017 at 7:24 PM, Gospel said:

Good run there with Gurley at the end. Well deserved. Really the draft pick of the year in MANY leagues. I dodged the Gurley bullet in my other league. Guy that had him lost by ONE yard in the quarters. I dodged that bullet - and was able to reach the finals and split. Couldn't dodge Gurley twice though.

Anyway, congrats and well fought! 

Edited by Joe.

BuildTheWalia    249

Gurley literally destroyed ever other league I've seen this playoff season. It pretty much didn't matter what the other person had.

On 12/25/2017 at 1:14 PM, Joe. said:

Good run there with Gurley at the end. Well deserved. Really the draft pick of the year in MANY leagues. I dodged the Gurley bullet in my other league. Guy that had him lost by ONE yard in the quarters. I dodged that bullet - and was able to reach the finals and split. Couldn't dodge Gurley twice though.

Anyway, congrats and well fought! 

@Gospel

Idk who Twenty Dollars is but pm me your venmos and I will pay out

Joe has been paid 

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5327

If I had scored 20 more points over the course of the season I would have won the entire league lol.

- Would have had a better overall point total than scumwood and grabbed the 6 seed

- Would have beaten gospel in round 1 after scoring 175

- Would have beaten walia in round 2 after scoring 150

- Would have beaten joe in the finals after scoring 150

Game of inches *shrug*

4 hours ago, Jazz said:

If I had scored 20 more points over the course of the season I would have won the entire league lol.

- Would have had a better overall point total than scumwood and grabbed the 6 seed

- Would have beaten gospel in round 1 after scoring 175

- Would have beaten walia in round 2 after scoring 150

- Would have beaten joe in the finals after scoring 150

Game of inches *shrug*

Shit happens jazz. If you won 7 games same result

EDIT: Gospel has been paid

Jazz    5327
12 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Shit happens jazz. If you won 7 games same result

Actually I would have lost the semi finals to Joe because I would have been in a different bracket xD

• Haha 1

Gospel    374

Thanks and Congrats on a successful season everybody. Like I said before this was one of my sharper leagues and it was fun to play in it. Hopefully we can get this going again next season.

Fantasy Football is a game of inches, for example in week 6 if Emmanuel Sanders did not get injured and in week 8 if I started Rob Kelley vs Dal over Isaiah Crowell vs. Min, I would have ended up in 5th and lost to Joe in the Semis 171-165. Things obviously would have changed if that happened, like I would have probably taken Joe's trade offers for Mike Evans as I would have been trying to guarantee a spot in playoffs over trying to solidify my playoff team and that would have worked out better for me overall in hindsight. It is interesting to look at things like that and see what could have been and use that to fix your weaknesses as a player/evalutator for future seasons.