ACP

The Next Season of Warring

Jazz    5328
13 minutes ago, ACP said:

No facts were construed. The rules were clear. He specifically asked me about whether multis are were allowed for warring. My words were exactly "People who make multis will be banned." He made a multi anyway. It's cut and dry, no subjectivity about it.

I thought the multi in question was an old account.

I'm on the team and I don't give a shit about any of this, but I can tell you first hand Kris has never explicitly attempted to break a rule and everything he does pushes the boundaries but he earnestly believes he isn't crossing the lines.

It's not how I would captain my team (because I think it's anti fun and spirit of the game) but to call him a cheater is simply false.

I'm sure your confirmation bias will prevent you from seeing things this way but this is truly how I see it. I have no loyalties to Kris even now. If I believed he cheated I would tell you.

• Upvote 2

Jazz    5328

I have met and played both Kira and Skully in real life before. Skully likes to play yugioh in real life more than on the computer. Skully is a way better goat player than Kira and I would have been surprised to hear he did not beat him 2-0 in matches.

Furthermore I have known Skully for over 10 years and he's a really nice and honest guy.

• Upvote 2

Jazz    5328

I understand that this season of warring didn't go exactly the way you hoped it would, but I agree with Francis that scrapping the entire system is less sensible than tweaking it and closing the loopholes that were exploited.

• Upvote 3

»ACP    33421
2 hours ago, Jazz said:

I thought the multi in question was an old account.

I'm on the team but I don't give a shit about any of this, but I can tell you first hand Kris has never explicitly attempted to break a rule and everything he does pushes the boundaries but he earnestly believes he isn't crossing the lines.

It's not how I would captain my team (because I think it's anti fun and spirit of the game) but to call him a cheater is simply false.

He instructed someone to use a multi to participate in warring. I specifically told him that this was not allowed. He admitted to me that he knew it was not allowed. After being DQed, he then sent fake screenshots to his team to make it look like he was framed. He admitted this as well. If there is any doubt in anyone's mind that Kris did not knowingly break the rules of warring, I would be happy to send you a wealth of evidence and screenshots to prove you wrong.

Jazz    5328

Sure hit me up with a PM I would genuinely like to confirm this for myself.

»ACP    33421
38 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Sure hit me up with a PM I would genuinely like to confirm this for myself.

I will tomorrow. Super busy today.

Nate1080    1225

I think a good idea to eliminate dodging, targeting specific players and/or prevent 1 or 2 players from sweeping an entire team is, before anyone plays each individual war, active players on both teams pick a number and they play someone on the opposing team who also picked the same number for the rest of the war.

example: Player A on Detox picks 1 and player C on Team Beer also picks 1. They have to play each other for the rest of that war (standard 2 hearts rule also applies of course).

Of course for this to work out well, teams would have to have a similar number of players. Any extras would have to be used as substitutes. Also, may have to increase the number of hearts required to win a war, just so a player can’t disappear until the end of the war and not play without possibly penalizing their team. Everyone has to play everyone.

• Upvote 1

Brandis72    35
13 minutes ago, Nate1080 said:

I think a good idea to eliminate dodging, targeting specific players and/or prevent 1 or 2 players from sweeping an entire team is, before anyone plays each individual war, active players on both teams pick a number and they play someone on the opposing team who also picked the same number for the rest of the war.

example: Player A on Detox picks 1 and player C on Team Beer also picks 1. They have to play each other for the rest of that war (standard 2 hearts rule also applies of course).

Of course for this to work out well, teams would have to have a similar number of players. Any extras would have to be used as substitutes. Also, may have to increase the number of hearts required to win a war, just so a player can’t disappear until the end of the war and not play without possibly penalizing their team. Everyone has to play everyone.

Cross Warring is a good idea, but it requires players to be ''consistently'' active (so anyone taking vacation for example would cause the system to break), so each team will need 1/2 subs and that once again creates dodging on a smaller scale.

Edited by Brandis72

15 minutes ago, Brandis72 said:

Cross Warring is a good idea, but it requires players to be ''consistently'' active (so anyone taking vacation for example would cause the system to break), so each team will need 1/2 subs and that once again creates dodging on a smaller scale.

You just submit a lineup card prior to the start of each war to the war council. War council posts the thread. 

Jazz    5328

Forcing matchups between players with potentially conflicting schedules simply creates more inactivity problems.

2 win cap/X game cap is really the best solution imo

Jazz    5328
On 8/3/2017 at 5:22 PM, ACP said:

I will tomorrow. Super busy today.

By the way I've seen all the evidence Allen has against Kris.

I think Kris deserved the DQ but the level of cheating it amounts to is lower than advertised.

The cover up is worse than the crime and how committed he was to pushing the cover up is unresolved.

Probably the only DQ I agree with the entire season so kuddos I guess

Jazz    5328

To be clear, what Kris did was undoubtedly attempted by multiple teams including Allen's, and certainly Monahan's, and probably all of them except one or two. I have no proof other than common sense.

Jazz    5328

Every anonymous player who signed up in the middle of the season was either a Trojan horse or a multi, let's be real.

+scuzzlebutt    23495
37 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Forcing matchups between players with potentially conflicting schedules simply creates more inactivity problems.

maybe for the users that can't be fucked to drop a meaningless game of mafia to play a fucking game for the yugioh tournament they signed up for for 45 minutes to an hour of a single day

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Jazz    5328
38 minutes ago, mmf said:

maybe for the users that can't be fucked to drop a meaningless game of mafia to play a fucking game for the yugioh tournament they signed up for for 45 minutes to an hour of a single day

constructive per usual

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Subs exist for a reason. 

52 minutes ago, mmf said:

We are legion and we are many 

• Upvote 5

Nate1080    1225
2 hours ago, Jazz said:

How long does a typical war last? 2-3 weeks? Its been years since I participated in a war.

How the hell can’t you find time in your schedule to play a few games against 1 person, in a 2-3 week time span? Even if time zones is an issue, there’s still ways to find time to play. Also, as mentioned, subs are a thing.

I call bullshit on that entire reasoning, because if it was truly valid, why the fuck are you warring anyways?

Not forcing players to play is, from my understanding, a good chunk of the reason this topic even exists.

+scuzzlebutt    23495
2 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

We are legion and we are many 

but its literally like just u

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

FVFRYTHFNG    346
18 hours ago, Jazz said:

To be clear, what Kris did was undoubtedly attempted by multiple teams including Allen's, and certainly Monahan's, and probably all of them except one or two. I have no proof other than common sense.

Literally stop posting anytime

It's funny that you bring up "common sense" like it's a justification when almost a dozen times myself [Literally from Week 1 btw, this man was sus the entire time] and multiple other people have directly/indirectly brought up issues regarding Kris' attempting to "skirt rules" [AKA cheat] and it was the integrity of War Council overall that led to him getting away with it because they only had circumstantial evidence and gave him the benefit of the doubt time and time again.. If that was enough to go on Allen, Satch & Frogman among others would have DQ'd your fucking team weeks ago and scrubbed their records.

Regarding what actually happened with Matt, he drafted Markus for fun [he literally joked about starting each war with 4 hearts] because he liked Markus. Markus has fuck all experience with ygo, and Kris knowingly took advantage of that by attempting to target him and set up matches before/just after the war was announced because HE HAS HAD ACCESS TO THE SCHEDULE FROM ESSENTIALLY WEEK 1 [interesting how more people didn't rightfully call this out]

I'm in no way defending Matt for what he did and as per the rules he should have been DQ'd but he posted 1 message telling Markus to dodge anyone attempting to snipe him, and that was the extent of his violations throughout the entirety of warring. It's interesting how Ant, who is Kris' friend IRL was the one to selectively take logs from our discord and then show them to Kris [in the same hotel room nonetheless, and the timeline doesn't fit him showing them as soon as he knew, with the intention to stop cheating, but that's a whole other story], who subsequently aggressively pushed for a whole team DQ, but y'know Ant was within his rights to do that regardless of whether his motives were suspicious or not.

Stop trying to conflate Kris' actions with those of other teams in an attempt to minimize the harm he caused to warring as a whole, it doesn't matter if "multiple other teams" did it, the standard of evidence was set and those caught offending were rightfully punished

Fuck you for attempting to poison the well, and undermine the authority of multiple team captains and war council members because apparently nothing is valid UNTIL you personally get provided enough evidence like you've even fucking been active in warring

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Brandis72    35
16 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

How long does a typical war last? 2-3 weeks? Its been years since I participated in a war.

How the hell can’t you find time in your schedule to play a few games against 1 person, in a 2-3 week time span? Even if time zones is an issue, there’s still ways to find time to play. Also, as mentioned, subs are a thing.

I call bullshit on that entire reasoning, because if it was truly valid, why the fuck are you warring anyways?

Not forcing players to play is, from my understanding, a good chunk of the reason this topic even exists.

Because it's ten days, and that's enough for some people to get caught in vacation/personal issues.

I wouldn't be surprised if a significant number of people would quite if they were forced to play every war.

However, I'm sure that most will be available at least once every two wars, hence why crosswar with subs could be viable (although it does open up the potential of abuse with people subbing their worst players pretending that they're not available, so additional rules will have to be tacked on to this).

Edited by Brandis72
  • Upvote 1

Jazz    5328
1 hour ago, FVFRYTHFNG said:

Stop trying to conflate Kris' actions with those of other teams in an attempt to minimize the harm he caused to warring as a whole, it doesn't matter if "multiple other teams" did it, the standard of evidence was set and those caught offending were rightfully punished

Fuck you for attempting to poison the well, and undermine the authority of multiple team captains and war council members because apparently nothing is valid UNTIL you personally get provided enough evidence like you've even fucking been active in warring

I've been active enough and paid enough attention to know the entire endeavor has been a waste of everyone's time. I'm not conflating Kris's actions, I am making a valid comparison. Yes, Kris "cheated" and broke "the rule", but the rule essentially allows what Kris intended to do so long as that player hasn't already made a DGZ account, which is totally arbitrary.

Sit down or address my points head on.

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5328
20 hours ago, Jazz said:

I think Kris deserved the DQ but the level of cheating it amounts to is lower than advertised.

BTW how the fuck am I defending Kris? I am absolutely not doing that. What I'm doing is bringing attention to how grotesquely flawed the current system is, which is the mother fucking point of this thread.

• Upvote 1

FVFRYTHFNG    346
26 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I've been active enough and paid enough attention to know the entire endeavor has been a waste of everyone's time. I'm not conflating Kris's actions, I am making a valid comparison. Yes, Kris "cheated" and broke "the rule", but the rule essentially allows what Kris intended to do so long as that player hasn't already made a DGZ account, which is totally arbitrary.

Sit down or address my points head on.

What points nigga? I see no points, all I see is you going on tripleposting spergouts in multiple threads because your daddy got DQ'd. It's interesting that suddenly now you wanna talk about aspects of warring and have "been active"  all of a sudden, multiple other people know you're a bullshitter and have called you on being more interested in playing mafia.

It's arbitrary? please tell me how it's arbitrary when we essentially know exactly what Kris was doing straight from the mouth of the person he told to sign up with an Alt, and an admission of guilt from the man himself as part of a series of incidents in which, according to your invocation of "occam's razor" or whatever Kris was essentially actively trying to fuck ALN. For all your posturing about "common sense" you seem to have a blind spot when it comes to this particular issue, you say you accept that the DQ was valid but now you're trying to pretend it's a technicality, convieniently ignoring the multiple other incidents that Kris was involved in. Why don't you apply your appeals to "common sense" to your own team my man?

As for actual criticisms of the current warring system, I have my own and you can ask multiple other staff members about what i've layed out in regards to discussions and improvements on that, but instead of attempting to air dirty laundry and go on rants in public, I will be bringing this stuff up in the appropriate place, at the appropriate time, with the appropriate people [and it'll be a lot more constructive than your little performances here] instead of concern trolling.

Take your own advice and sit down yourself.

• Downvote 2

Jazz    5328
59 minutes ago, FVFRYTHFNG said:

It's arbitrary? please tell me how it's arbitrary when we essentially know exactly what Kris was doing straight from the mouth of the person he told to sign up with an Alt, and an admission of guilt from the man himself as part of a series of incidents in which, according to your invocation of "occam's razor" or whatever Kris was essentially actively trying to fuck ALN. For all your posturing about "common sense" you seem to have a blind spot when it comes to this particular issue, you say you accept that the DQ was valid but now you're trying to pretend it's a technicality, convieniently ignoring the multiple other incidents that Kris was involved in. Why don't you apply your appeals to "common sense" to your own team my man?

As for actual criticisms of the current warring system, I have my own and you can ask multiple other staff members about what i've layed out in regards to discussions and improvements on that, but instead of attempting to air dirty laundry and go on rants in public, I will be bringing this stuff up in the appropriate place, at the appropriate time, with the appropriate people [and it'll be a lot more constructive than your little performances here] instead of concern trolling.

Take your own advice and sit down yourself.

The decision to allow people who have never made a dgz account, yet are known quantities or friends of captains, to sign up anonymously simply because they do not already have a DGZ account, is completely arbitrary and it legalizes the equivalent of asking someone who already has an account to sign up with a multi. One action was a punishable offense, the other was 100% legal. For all intents and purposes, they are the same action from a practical stand point, as they achieve the same result.

I am not saying the decision to DQ Kris was arbitrary. I said it was justified under the current system. I said the rules that were made drew an arbitrary distinction between roughly equivalent actions. Pay some goddam fucking attention.

I do not care about other accusations you personally have against Kris and I have no motivation to prove them wrong because they were never proven to be true in the first place.

All this post of yours proves is that you are not reading my posts at all.

Keep posting non-sense and I will keep cutting it out of your posts as well, for clarity's sake.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2