Jump to content
Mascis

World Chalice Deck Discussion

Recommended Posts

»victor    6348
On 8/1/2017 at 4:00 AM, Nate1080 said:

This looks like a cool deck, and I would be interested to see how it evolves over a few sets.

 

Even if you disregard Zoo/Draco, the problem I see is that you can combo and do a lot of shit but the payoff is pretty mediocre. This deck isn’t doing anything that’s really bonkers yet.

 

On 8/1/2017 at 0:15 PM, DukeLukewarm said:

Considering this deck basically eats up its entire extra deck to make a play, do you just scoop if your first board isn't enough to win? 

 

On 8/6/2017 at 5:12 AM, Blacklisted said:

This deck is playing vanillas while Zoodiac is making 1 card turn into 5. Sure this deck might have been good but it came out at the wrong time (i.e DDD and Yang ZIng)

 

I would argue that the "bonkers" card, making 1 card turn into many, is the "in-theme Soul Charge, without the LP cost and the Battle Phase":

 

300?cb=20120720033042

 

Seeing as Crowned is LV 2, and so are the Shine Balls,

 

But, even beyond that, the deck can play:

 

300?cb=20131026015608300?cb=20170718194921

300?cb=20170429112524300?cb=20170731001625

 

Galaxy Serpent + Supreme King Dragon Darkwurm make the baby Chaos Dragons live (see above), and they, Darkwurm, and Panda (it's not once per turn! (|:|)), give you LV 4s for Daigusto Emeral. Treasure Panda being an EARTH monster, can make Missus Radiant with Beckoned, and being a Beast, can make Ib quite easily.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»victor    6348

But that's just the tip of the iceberg, because you can play:

 

 

300?cb=20161031040930300?cb=20161101155625

 

and make it off Tri-Wight (Toad works with FIRE Aquas, aw yeah) :cool:

 

Geminis are finally useful because you can Link Spider or Imduk with them.

 

It's great to be able to turn a Normal Gemini with terrible stats into a Catastor.

 

300?cb=20161007084008300?cb=20161029234947

 

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chemicritter_Hydron_Hawk

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chemicritter_Oxy_Ox

 

And Supervise lets you Link Summon and revive a Normal monster, and Catalyst Field gives you an extra Normal Summon.

 

300?cb=20120728133344

 

Not only gives you EARTH/Aqua Link material, how cool is that (can Tribute for Toad!), and EARTH for Missus Radiant, but also, with Lazuli, searches Carbo Crab to hand.

 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gemini Frog World Chalice Paleos who can still play Toadally Awesome, be a deck, since Crowned and Hydron Hawk are LV 2 Water, for Swap Frog.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
knives1990    245

Bought the deck core online and started doing some test hands in my free time the past couple days. Still learning how to optimize combos but at this stage at least I'm going to say that the deck needs a lot of world chalice monsters and not many mons that aren't world chalice aside from the busted ones like Venus and gofu. cards like brilliant fusion while great in theory are even looking expendable in favor of more world chalice cards. The best card you've brought up has been exodius that card is just nuts. And if I do cut brilliant fusion engine, I'll be looking at the lvl 2 world chalice normal and your other idea enchanting fitting room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's a stupid question, would it be possible to build a budget version of the deck with only one Guarddragon and 0 Lee? i'd rather not shell out £36 (minimum) for a set of Lee and another £16 for 2 more dragons. if i have to i will, since i really want to play this deck but i was just wondering if it was possible? i have 3 of everything else except ningrisu which i have at 2 (pulled one from a box, got a 2nd for a steal from Locals organizer) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
knives1990    245

You need the lees for sure and personally I use 3 guardragon but you would be fine at 2. For once ygosingles was lit 1 week ago 3 of everything in the deck was in a core that I bought for 37 USD. Now the prices have went up, I would for sure get the lees and guardragons regardless

 

also fwiw the build I am using while I learn the deck doesn't have any money cards in it except firewall dragons and the deck core cards. It's really fairly cheap even with the price increase

Edited by knives1990

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Mascis    4273
On 8/1/2017 at 7:46 PM, Mascis said:

also i discovered that if the tcg ever unbans zenmeighty there is an infinite draw combo with it and wind-up rat lol

nvm we just have an infinite draw without zen

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandis72    5
On 8/12/2017 at 3:02 PM, knives1990 said:

Bought the deck core online and started doing some test hands in my free time the past couple days. Still learning how to optimize combos but at this stage at least I'm going to say that the deck needs a lot of world chalice monsters and not many mons that aren't world chalice aside from the busted ones like Venus and gofu. cards like brilliant fusion while great in theory are even looking expendable in favor of more world chalice cards. The best card you've brought up has been exodius that card is just nuts. And if I do cut brilliant fusion engine, I'll be looking at the lvl 2 world chalice normal and your other idea enchanting fitting room. 

Brilliant fusion IS a world chalice monster because, like foolish, it tutors Lee, and Lee tutors Chalice, and that is what gets your engine going most of the time.

Enchanting Fitting Room is terrible in a deck that plays AT MOST 12 vanillas (and this isn't even optimal, your deck should probably be playing 5/6 (3 of which being shine balls)), and is way too unreliable. Tri-Wight on the other hand actually seems cute, although IDK how consistent it would be in a normal build.

Also that new infinite draw loop, unlike the other one which was just suboptimal, is actually awful due to requiring hard-drawn WU Rat.

Edited by Brandis72
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
knives1990    245
1 hour ago, Brandis72 said:

Brilliant fusion IS a world chalice monster because, like foolish, it tutors Lee, and Lee tutors Chalice, and that is what gets your engine going most of the time.

Enchanting Fitting Room is terrible in a deck that plays AT MOST 12 vanillas (and this isn't even optimal, your deck should probably be playing 5/6 (3 of which being shine balls)), and is way too unreliable. Tri-Wight on the other hand actually seems cute, although IDK how consistent it would be in a normal build.

Also that new infinite draw loop, unlike the other one which was just suboptimal, is actually awful due to requiring hard-drawn WU Rat.

Yeah as I've played more and more hands, brilliant fusion is needed to dump lee I stand corrected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»victor    6348
5 hours ago, Brandis72 said:

Brilliant fusion IS a world chalice monster because, like foolish, it tutors Lee, and Lee tutors Chalice, and that is what gets your engine going most of the time.

Enchanting Fitting Room is terrible in a deck that plays AT MOST 12 vanillas (and this isn't even optimal, your deck should probably be playing 5/6 (3 of which being shine balls)), and is way too unreliable. Tri-Wight on the other hand actually seems cute, although IDK how consistent it would be in a normal build.

Also that new infinite draw loop, unlike the other one which was just suboptimal, is actually awful due to requiring hard-drawn WU Rat.

 

In regards to Enchanted Fitting Room, you want at least 3 Shine Balls, 3 Chosen (1 ETele + Dai), and 3 Crowned (2100 DEF, also LV 2 with the Shine Balls).

You can also play Tune Warrior, because you can play ROTA with Beckoned, and Unexpected Dai opens up a LV 3 EARTH for Missus Radiant, and Dandylion becomes even better.

If you consider Genex Undine + Controller, that gives you even more.

 

And you're not playing it in isolation because Exodius (as a free Link extender) recycles Normals to deck, so as the game goes on, you have even more chance of blowout.  Common Charity is a card and Faustian Bargain can come in (although you'd side this going second, and for non-True Draco).

 

You want to increase the celing of the deck, and the more Brilliant Fusion, Emergency Teleport type cards you can play the better.

Dai and Gofu want you to have no monsters, this has no such restriction.

 

And because World Chalice is so diverse, we can consider:

 

300?cb=20160901214001

 

Keep in mind that it's DARK and you get its effect off Pendulum Summoning it (not that you would, but you could with say, Supreme King Dragon Darkwurm)

But really, if you pull off stacking the 3 Normals, and a Guardragon, that's a blowout.

 

Note that it's LV 4 but it's Scale 5. So if you have a Scale 0-3, you can Pend it, and coincidentally, Risebell the Summoner is a LV 3 Scale 2 Normal (who also works with ETele and Dai).

 

There's also Summoner Monk, Dark Renewal (Ib and Crowned as Casters), etc. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pinulu    153

Hello,

 

I built this deck to maximize explosive power while cutting down on cards likely to brick.

3 Gem-Knight Obsidian is great it is one of the best cards in the deck and you will find your self wanting this card all the time.

It allows you to effortlessly establish a board. No Lazuli b/c I cry every time I draw it.

Draconnet lets me get some use out of the lv 2 WC monster and to consistantly open up with strong hands.

I don't like the amount of bricking Venus\Shineball brings.

I go back and forth between the second ningirsu and topologic bomber dragon all the time but drawing cards is good.

 

Im not too sure about my side deck but most of the cards seem ok. First of dragons and dragons mirror b/c well its just something I want to try. 

Extra deck seems pretty standard no diagusto emerald b/c its really not worth the space without the Venus\Shineball engine.

 

Please let me know what you guys think.

 

plbJfdk.png

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandis72    5
9 hours ago, Pinulu said:

Hello,

 

I built this deck to maximize explosive power while cutting down on cards likely to brick.

3 Gem-Knight Obsidian is great it is one of the best cards in the deck and you will find your self wanting this card all the time.

It allows you to effortlessly establish a board. No Lazuli b/c I cry every time I draw it.

Draconnet lets me get some use out of the lv 2 WC monster and to consistantly open up with strong hands.

I don't like the amount of bricking Venus\Shineball brings.

I go back and forth between the second ningirsu and topologic bomber dragon all the time but drawing cards is good.

 

Im not too sure about my side deck but most of the cards seem ok. First of dragons and dragons mirror b/c well its just something I want to try. 

Extra deck seems pretty standard no diagusto emerald b/c its really not worth the space without the Venus\Shineball engine.

 

Please let me know what you guys think.

 

plbJfdk.png

 

 

 

 

I'm afraid to say that even though your goal was to become explosive, you instead made a build that's very inconsistent:

Playing this many vanillas guarantees that you will just have hands that have no real means of plussing, and will be forced to just shit out all your monsters for double eve and pass; this simply isn't enough in the current format.

No, venus/balls do not brick, because if you do end up dead drawing shine balls, they'll do about as much as a star grail vanilla thanks to link spider, and venus' power is just too massive to ignore (goes +3, then goes +3 again off of emeral).

Obsidian is actually a pretty cool idea (and Draconnet isn't terrible either, although it's not good for the simple reason that venus straight-up outclasses it, and that you don't want to run too many normal summon reliant enablers), although playing three of them is overkill; the card requires access to an imduk play already resolved to get much out of it.

Gofu is actually quite important here, and you should be playing at least two of them: it's capable of just SSing itself straight from hand, at the same time granting a +2; this is better than just about any non-engine card in the game these days, and definitely a million times better than drawing a stargrail vanilla.

 

@Stomach The MachoPony: Sadly, I would argue that the deck is throughly implayable without Lee (the deck will just be an inconsistent mess without it, and will lose a massive chunk of it's power because you actually summon Lee eventually in almost all your games: it is tutored by brilliant, by foolish, and by hard drawn chalice, while also tutoring said chalice, which is absolutely crucial). If you're looking for a budget ''fair'' (monster-based) deck, the best one by far would probably be Diagramless True Draco, which would, without the sideboard, probably cost about 100$, while still putting up work against pretty much everything that isn't properly built Draco/Zoo.  

This should probably tear most locals apart (and yes, I highly recommend getting at least 1 master peace: even that can just create autowins vs paleozoic). List will be PMed.

 

Edited by Brandis72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Mascis    4273

Could you not post true Draco lists in the World Chalice thread? Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandis72    5
17 minutes ago, Mascis said:

Could you not post true Draco lists in the World Chalice thread? Thanks 

Sorry about that, didn't really think it through, will PM it instead.

Thanks for telling me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
knives1990    245

Finally was able to get some real matches in with the deck the past couple days and I noticed that the deck is plenty powerful even before we get the new cards in the next set. If you get your world legacy/lee play off turn one you can set up very strong and you keep having additional plays. The problem I'm seeing is getting to your lee/legacy plays and even playing 7 ways to get lee (brilliant, foolish, lee) isn't good enough odds sometimes. I was thinking while it can be risky, pot of desires is like the only generic consistency card we could play behind the 1 upstart. Wondering if there's something else people are using that I haven't thought of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»victor    6348
1 hour ago, knives1990 said:

Finally was able to get some real matches in with the deck the past couple days and I noticed that the deck is plenty powerful even before we get the new cards in the next set. If you get your world legacy/lee play off turn one you can set up very strong and you keep having additional plays. The problem I'm seeing is getting to your lee/legacy plays and even playing 7 ways to get lee (brilliant, foolish, lee) isn't good enough odds sometimes. I was thinking while it can be risky, pot of desires is like the only generic consistency card we could play behind the 1 upstart. Wondering if there's something else people are using that I haven't thought of

 

You can play Transmodify to get Lee, because it's a LV 2 Fairy, (You can also Transmodify Lee or Shine Balls for Venus, so you want to be playing it):

 

300?cb=20170705133924

 

If you control no monsters, you Special Summon this, and can Transmodify for Lee (effect), without using your Normal Summon.

 

1) Then, you can banish for Metaion, clear the board, and bounce Lee to hand for reuse, if you want a reset. The reset could potentially make Gofu and Unexpected Dai live for next turn, if you play them.

2) Alternatively, you can tutor World Legacy with Lee, and Tribute for it, ending with indestructible Timelord and a monster that counters "monster(s) Special Summoned from the Extra Deck". That's a pretty decent lock.

 

Zaphion's effect is good vs True Dracos and Pendulums, and you get a draw when you Link with it, or Send it for Lee.

 

Keep in mind, all the Timelords can be Special Summoned, i.e.

 

300?cb=20161117191003300?cb=20161120180703

 

This makes the deck so much better because you can Special Summon Timelords from hand, as well as Lee (get its effect), and Venus as well.

 

You "subvert" the typical Time Maiden Special Summon restriction, here's how:

 

Hecatrice -> Valhalla

No monsters on field

SS Time Maiden

Tribute it to search Timelord (e.g. Zaphion)

(Still have no monsters on field)

Valhalla to SS Timelord

You still have your Normal Summon to do stuff (and Maiden in grave to banish when you need it)!

 

If you play Exodius , you have a LV 10 monster on the field to Rank 10 with (|:|)

 

Another play:

 

Hecatrice -> Valhalla

Valhalla SS Lee

Lee search World Legacy

Tribute for World Legacy

Send World Chalice for Lee's effect

World Chalice brings out 2 monsters, go from there?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
knives1990    245

It's just far too many cards honestly. transmodify only seems good when you have maiden so you're putting in at least 2-3 maiden, 2-3 transmodify + timelord targets for still what amounts to a 2 card combo to bring lee out, albeit a strong way to bring it out without using up the normal summon. The problem is though that time lords don't work well in the deck as it's extremely rare to have literally nothing on the field in which to summon a time lord. Even though transmodify + lee is really good, if I have lee the consistency battle is already won. The Valhalla would work well in your combos but that's additional cards that the deck can't afford to support. Despite that, you may still be into something in maiden + transmodify as many lists  I've seen already use modify, although I currently am not. Could be 3 maiden + 1 zaphion 1 metaion and 3 transmodify, that's still 8 cards though. There's no doubt however that transmodify + lee is the nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×