Sign in to follow this  
NB96

Barclays Premier League 2017/18

Faint    5420
1 hour ago, NB96 said:

I wonder why Liverpool seem to have such problems against weaker teams in the league yet are fantastic against the top six. Maybe they can expose gaps easier with their counterpress when the opposition has more of the ball, whereas when teams let Liverpool have the ball for most of the game they don't have the creativity to break down two banks of four? Coutinho would probably have helped a lot in this game.

Also I think it's telling that Mignolet, Lovren and Moreno are still starters for Liverpool. I do like Matip, though.

I thought that Moreno played really well. Mingolet has some consistency now so is ok. I absolutely cannot stand lovren, he's an absolute liability

the chelsea game has been hilarious to watch

NB96    767

Huddersfield also beat Crystal Palace 3-0. I hear they play a high intensity game,mtrying to press and win the ball back quickly like Liverpool. We will see how that works in the PL,m since teams are a little better at keeping the ball than they are in the Championship.

Disappointing that Brighton & Hove Albion lost 2-0 to Manchester City. BHA just couldn't keep the ball for any length of time. They need to work on their passing imo.

Edited by NB96

ZeroPassion    555

this is my first year following the EPL and soccer so this will be a new experience outside of the good old american football / baseball.

already these first few games have given me joy/pleasure/excitement. 

i don't expect much out of burnley but jesus christ the fact they almost lost it makes me have butterflies in my stomach. chelsea v hotspur next week will be huge for the former to get back on track

anyone expecting a newcastle upset over hotspur?

NB96    767
7 hours ago, ZeroPassion said:

this is my first year following the EPL and soccer so this will be a new experience outside of the good old american football / baseball.

already these first few games have given me joy/pleasure/excitement. 

i don't expect much out of burnley but jesus christ the fact they almost lost it makes me have butterflies in my stomach. chelsea v hotspur next week will be huge for the former to get back on track

anyone expecting a newcastle upset over hotspur?

Most people call them either Tottenham or Spurs, not Hotspur. But it's hard to say because I don't know if they are playing at St. James' Park or Wembley.

Aaron    1966

Our lineup was a joke from a defensive standpoint.  If any of Migonlet, Lovren, Moreno or TAA (Due to his youth) made a mistake, would you be surprised?  Klopp dropped the ball completely on that one and this entire transfer window. 

And we STILL don't have a proper ball winning midfielder. Its been 5 years of dealing with Lucas as our only guy in that position and even hes gone now. 

Mane and Salah looks riduculously good tho, Firmino tireless as usual. Can't help but feel if Coutinho goes, he should be dropped into a whole and we should invest in a more clinical striker whos able to interchange nicely. 

+Sakho

+Milner

We win yesterday's game. 

NB96    767
1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Our lineup was a joke from a defensive standpoint.  If any of Migonlet, Lovren, Moreno or TAA (Due to his youth) made a mistake, would you be surprised?  Klopp dropped the ball completely on that one and this entire transfer window. 

And we STILL don't have a proper ball winning midfielder. Its been 5 years of dealing with Lucas as our only guy in that position and even hes gone now. 

Mane and Salah looks riduculously good tho, Firmino tireless as usual. Can't help but feel if Coutinho goes, he should be dropped into a whole and we should invest in a more clinical striker whos able to interchange nicely. 

+Sakho

+Milner

We win yesterday's game. 

I thought Klopp burned bridges with Sakho after he was sent home during pre-season of 16/17? As well as the terrible drug situation which I'm pretty sure he found was innocent of later on.

Also, bets on how long Conte lasts before walking out/getting sacked?

Edited by NB96

NB96    767

100% agree. Klopp has been with Liverpool for almost two years now. He might not be coaching them well defensively.

NB96    767

Matić will be our signing of the season. He's been fantastic so far, and was also great against Sampdoria and Real Madrid. His game is so brilliantly simple, Pogba has also been supreme so far.

Another excellent piece of business from Mourinho.

EDIT Lukaku is a beast!

Edited by NB96

Faint    5420

Honestly I think it was a great opening weekend!!

I had lukaku captained on fantasty team so that was nice. I also had salah and firminho get a goal + assist each so that was nice!

Looking forwart to MOTD 2 tonight.

Desperately hoping the coutinho stuff gets resolved...

Aaron    1966

as i said i rly loved lukaku. hes just pure quality and all the united fans hating on him before today are fucking dumb. 

united look strong. injury to matic and lukaku away from falling apart. if jose manages to get ANOTHER centre mid in for depth and a bit more quality to compliment an otherwise inconsistent range of attacking mids, utd are scary. 

Faint    5420
15 minutes ago, Aaron said:

as i said i rly loved lukaku. hes just pure quality and all the united fans hating on him before today are fucking dumb. 

united look strong. injury to matic and lukaku away from falling apart. if jose manages to get ANOTHER centre mid in for depth and a bit more quality to compliment an otherwise inconsistent range of attacking mids, utd are scary. 

i didnt watch the match so waiting for motd2 to get highlights

im just soooooo irritated by everything football related after this week as a liverpool fan haha!!!

i assume youre on the dgz fantasyfootball league btw? are you playing this year?

ps (wrong thread i know sorry) but your advice on the health thread u gave me is helping a lot so thanks dude ^_^

Aaron    1966
48 minutes ago, Faint said:

i didnt watch the match so waiting for motd2 to get highlights

im just soooooo irritated by everything football related after this week as a liverpool fan haha!!!

i assume youre on the dgz fantasyfootball league btw? are you playing this year?

ps (wrong thread i know sorry) but your advice on the health thread u gave me is helping a lot so thanks dude ^_^

nah my fantasy team is a week behind cos i registered after lpool game... i had lukaku + eriksen + ali + matic + bunch of spurs defenders in my team too so im pissed off +

no problem.. any help i can give just ask. no point you making the same mistakes i made 10 years ago if i can give u the advice now. 

NB96    767
On 8/13/2017 at 9:52 PM, Faint said:

Honestly I think it was a great opening weekend!!

I had lukaku captained on fantasty team so that was nice. I also had salah and firminho get a goal + assist each so that was nice!

Looking forwart to MOTD 2 tonight.

Desperately hoping the coutinho stuff gets resolved...

What site are you playing fantasy team on? I always wanted to try my hand at one of those and see how I do but I never got around to it

NB96    767

We're really taking the opportunity to pad our goal difference rather than just take 1-0 wins now. Lukaku is clinical in front of goal, and Martial is starting to hit form now. If he can get back to the level he showed in 14/15, and hopefully if Shaw can get fit, our left side can be sorted for years.