NB96

Barclays Premier League 2017/18

Aaron    2002

gini and can especially were ridiculous. 

this is without coutinho + lallana. our squad is ridiculous from an offensive sense, attacking + in midfield from an attacking sense. 

Salah + Mane are just CRAZY. Add in Firmino's telepathy and its ridic. I will say tho when Sturridge came on, you could see hes clearly not on their wave length from a teamwork perspective. not hammering the guy, afterall he scored but he lacks the edge they have with their interplay between eachother and hes got some catching up to do if he wants to challenge firmino for the middle. 

its just sad that we have the shakiest/most individual-error prone defence by far in the top 6 and possibly even top 10 teams. karius looked shakey as hell, moreno was a bit better but saw one misplaced pass in first half which was just horrible. 

obviously we can't sort this out in time so we're instead hoping klopp transforms the guys we have got into great defenders. i can see the potential in all of them and hopefully cleansheet today does everyones confidence the world of good.

we NEED Can to sign this new deal. if he doesn't, we'll lost a potential 100M centre mid. I'm thinking the money we wanted to put into keita would be better put in defence and maybe just spending more time developing Can. Theres nothing this guy can't do well. 

• Upvote 1

NB96    830

I've no idea why Keita has signed for Liverpool when his release clause becomes £48m next year making him affordable to every big club in the world. He'd have his pick of clubs, why settle for Liverpool? He'd be perfect for, say, Barcelona who need to rebuild their midfield anyway.

+Urthor    10200

Reminder that the window is closing in 3 days and Monaco has by and large moved very little of their absolute talent goldmine. 

This is going to be an outrageous August 31st no matter what happens

Faint    5707
On 28/08/2017 at 3:47 PM, NB96 said:

I've no idea why Keita has signed for Liverpool when his release clause becomes £48m next year making him affordable to every big club in the world. He'd have his pick of clubs, why settle for Liverpool? He'd be perfect for, say, Barcelona who need to rebuild their midfield anyway.

He turned down barca for liverpool

Also us getting ox over chelsea is fucking bants

My god i hope we get lemar as well, amd we still desperately need Can to sign a new contract

+Urthor    10200

Apparently the word is PSG are going to challenge FFP in court as a restraint of trade or some such as their way to get out of it, since the Mbappe bid went through and it's a flat out buy now.

Also, Sanchez, Arsenal giving the title to Manchester Clubs, Liverpool probably going to sell Coutinho to Barca for ridiculous piles of cash.

• Upvote 1

NB96    830
26 minutes ago, Urthor said:

Apparently the word is PSG are going to challenge FFP in court as a restraint of trade or some such as their way to get out of it, since the Mbappe bid went through and it's a flat out buy now.

Also, Sanchez, Arsenal giving the title to Manchester Clubs, Liverpool probably going to sell Coutinho to Barca for ridiculous piles of cash.

I read a few days ago that they were going to take Mbappe on loan with an option to buy since mandatory purchase on a loan would be subject to FFP. Obviously with a gentleman's agreement behind the scenes that they will buy Mbappe, just to get around the legal aspect by making it optional on paper.

Arsenal selling us Robin Van Persie and now selling City Sanchez. They are a bunch of cucks, the lot of them. Fuck Arsenal.

Also, we cannot win the title without signing a left-back. It was painfully clear that Blind isn't the solution, and Shaw is too injury-prone to be trusted. I just can't understand why somebody as pragmatic as Mourinho would risk his season on Shaw staying clear of injuries and hitting form? I thought Kieran Tierney (the Celtic left-back) was available, and he looked good to me from the footage I've watched of him. At least he will make those overlapping runs like Evra used to. Having that kind of attacking support will also help Martial perform better on the left by giving him another passing option if the opportunity to cu-in is blocked.

Edited by NB96

Aaron    2002

blind is solid as fuck. can do a lot worse than him at LB.  attacking very very lacking but mourinho loves being solid over being attacking and i think hes addressed your most pressing needs very well (CMF/ST). shaw needs to either flourish or fuck off for u guys now. i can see him thriving at a club where they dont mind a lazy pussy. mourinho just doesnt put up with that shit.  he has/had definite quality but extracting that seems to be quite painful at present. 

arsenal are fucked up. sanchez should go based on his smirking and general fucked up attitude but they should have sold him earlier in the window. idk why barca aren't just signing him as a stop-gap for next season if we are playing hard ball with coutinho.  arsenal if at all possible should have definitely taken sterling. sterling in today's market is worth way more than 60M but I personally believe that was never an option for city. City's forward line is now definitely ridiculous + they have an EXCELLENT second string young side sterling/sane/jesus w/bernado behind. 

if sanchez going stops us getting lemar, i will be a bit gutted if i was lemar, i'd wait out for a move to us instead. arsenal are just such a terrible move for any player at present.  

AOC is a very very interesting buy. a player who really does ooze class on his day but im not sure how tactically aware he is. i hope hes not the english more versatile mouassa sissoko where he looks worldclass at times with ridic athleticism and technical ability but lacks everywhere else. his actual output is shocking but his chances created etc. are good but so was downing's. regardless at worst he will be very very decent as a cover option for out-wide and the middle and hes very young. if he can learn to play LB, we will be onto a winner but thats probably being a little crazy. I personally see AOC as our long term milner replacement. i wish he was a bit more tactically astute and defensively rounded as I'd love us to have a park ji sung type player (which milner basically is at the moment). 

Edited by Aaron

NB96    830
6 minutes ago, Aaron said:

blind is solid as fuck. can do a lot worse than him at LB.  attacking very very lacking but mourinho loves being solid over being attacking and i think hes addressed your most pressing needs very well (CMF/ST). shaw needs to either flourish or fuck off for u guys now. i can see him thriving at a club where they dont mind a lazy pussy. mourinho just doesnt put up with that shit.  he has/had definite quality but extracting that seems to be quite painful at present. 

Believe me he's not that good. Makes too many defensive mistakes and contributes little offensively. I don't see why to have a defensive full back, just have two attacking full-backs who are instructed that one stays back when the other pushes up and vice versa when the play is switched. Mourinho has definitely addressed our weaknesses but that Griezmann decision to stay at Atletico Madrid hurt. Frustrating when I think that Benjamin Mendy would have been good, I watched him a little last season and he looked excellent going forward. Frustrating to think that City signed three full-backs, but we needed them just as bad. Valencia can work for another season but his crossing is poor and he is getting older so we need to replace him. Tottenham's £25m for Serge Aurier is a steal in this market, why we didn't make that deal happen I have no idea. The reports even suggested he preferred to sign for us but it still didn't materialise.

Also tweets coming out in the last hour saying Arsenal have failed to convince Lemar to join after agreeing terms (£92m!!!) with AS Monaco. No Lemar= no Sanchez since they wont let him leave without a replacement. Apparently also it's because City left it way too late to bid which contributed to making it hard to get a replacement in:

Aaron    2002
7 minutes ago, NB96 said:

Believe me he's not that good. Makes too many defensive mistakes and contributes little offensively. I don't see why to have a defensive full back, just have two attacking full-backs who are instructed that one stays back when the other pushes up and vice versa when the play is switched. Mourinho has definitely addressed our weaknesses but that Griezmann decision to stay at Atletico Madrid hurt. Frustrating when I think that Benjamin Mendy would have been good, I watched him a little last season and he looked excellent going forward. Frustrating to think that City signed three full-backs, but we needed them just as bad. Valencia can work for another season but his crossing is poor and he is getting older so we need to replace him. Tottenham's £25m for Serge Aurier is a steal in this market, why we didn't make that deal happen I have no idea. The reports even suggested he preferred to sign for us but it still didn't materialise.

Also tweets coming out in the last hour saying Arsenal have failed to convince Lemar to join after agreeing terms (£92m!!!) with AS Monaco. No Lemar= no Sanchez since they wont let him leave without a replacement. Apparently also it's because City left it way too late to bid which contributed to making it hard to get a replacement in:

way way way easier said than done. what you're explaining is tactically much harder to do than you're saying. in an IDEAL world every defense would love to work like that and every offside trap would also work in tandem and every CB pairing would have one closing down, one covering space but you need to make compromises for solidity when you lack the quality.  City NEEDED fullbacks as in they had none on their books following their mini exodus. if u were to pick between 50M on a fullback or addressing ur midfield balance or ur lack of a striker.. i think ud do the same. 

City's late  bid is kind of borderline ridiculous tbh. Sanchez will need to perform this season given he wants a transfer away but 60M is big enough money to get in a replacement. Idk why wenger doesn't just go for someone like Mahrez and have faith in lacazette/giroud. They're not going to win him titles but they are solid enough to challenge for top 4. I'd happily trade Sanchez for any of their front line but im guessing thats not on the table. Even a cheeky Sturridge bid would be quite a smart idea but a bit of a gamble from an injury standpoint. 

NB96    830

I would also have liked to see Mahrez who I still rate highly join us. He didn't do as well last season but his technical ability looks great to me: he can dribble, beats defenders, scores goals, is creative and can cross worth a damn. Crossing will be important for us since Mourinho is playing with target men (Lukaku and Zlatan). I've heard rumors that Mahrez will sign for Chelsea today, but also rumors that Leciester haven't received any bids for either Mahrez nor Drinkwater so who knows what to believe.

Edited by NB96

Aaron    2002
3 hours ago, NB96 said:

I would also have liked to see Mahrez who I still rate highly join us. He didn't do as well last season but his technical ability looks great to me: he can dribble, beats defenders, scores goals, is creative and can cross worth a damn. Crossing will be important for us since Mourinho is playing with target men (Lukaku and Zlatan). I've heard rumors that Mahrez will sign for Chelsea today, but also rumors that Leciester haven't received any bids for either Mahrez nor Drinkwater so who knows what to believe.

I agree. If Mahrez is available for anywhere near the quoted prices (Wtf 45 m???) then he is a STEAL and match winner. I'm thinking a slight upgrade on nani in regards to that match winning squad player winger who you know has the potential to be a world beater if they get a bit of consistency. 

Tbh I think only his attitude last season has stopped him from earning a big move to a huge club. 

NB96    830

So Arsenal actually kept Sanchez. City are supposed to be furious that the deal didn't go through, while Arsenal were bamboozled as to why City waited until there was less than a wekk left in the window to make their big move. I think this was the best result for MUFC, if City got Sanchez you might as well hand them the title even with their dodgy defense imo. Such a fantastic player.

+Urthor    10200

Watching Sanchez walk away on a free at 28 next year is still going to be absolutely delicious though.  

Faint    5707

No sympathy at all for anyone that drink drives, least of all a professional football player.

Liverpool vs city this weekend, no way are city keeping a clean sheet rofl

NB96    830
On 7 September 2017 at 9:21 PM, Faint said:

No sympathy at all for anyone that drink drives, least of all a professional football player.

Liverpool vs city this weekend, no way are city keeping a clean sheet rofl

Liverpool's record against the top six under Klopp and City's questionable centre of defense make it too difficult for me to predict anything other than a Liverpool win. I'm going for 3-1.

Mind you, Liverpool's back four is hilariously bad. How on earth does Klavan still get into their side lmao.

Edited by NB96

NB96    830

I think it was a red. For sure the ball was there to be won but Mane had both feet off the ground, not just one. He had no control over the challenge. For me it's a red, I'm not sure why Gary Neville feels so strongly otherwise. He blatantly kicked him in the head at the end of the day, certainly very dangerous.

Edited by NB96

+Urthor    10200

Gary Neville was just shit stirring, studs in eyeballs isn't a red what is he barking on about

Aaron    2002

idk. the guys head was quite low. i really think its a 50/50 decision given how the english game is refereed.  I think in the true laws of the game (and how its played in spain + italy + france) thats a red card. However in the english game in the middle of the park with the midfielder not coming away with an injury, its a caution/yellow.  the inconsistency and leniance in refereeing in the premier league is honestly a shitty excuse for "best league in the world". it leads to a more physical and less technical league. Its the reason why english teams fail in the champions league, england fail in the world cups etc imo. 

I think we were far too wasteful before the first goal. Also our defence is simply a fucking joke. Our whole back 4 apart from Matip wouldn't be a second string back 4 for any of the top 4 teams. 

Klopp messed up not playing Coutinho. With him in our side I think we would have tidied up this fixture within the 30 minutes honestly because city were there for the taking with their defence as much of a shambles as ours. I really really dont like can/wijnaldum/hendo together. I really would much prefer 2 out of the 3 of them and soemone with a bit more cutting edge to compliment them. 

our front 3 looked electric and loved them as usual. 

TBH I saw us losing this game anyway due to TAA. He looked so fucking nervous, i saw him inevitably fucking up anyway. 

u cant win the league with a defence like this and looking at the expected top 6's sides, I think we will really struggle to top 4 this season with this defence too which is scary and sad as our attack is just so ridiculous. 

Edited by Aaron

Aaron    2002

i'd actually go as far to say our defence is so bad that once we go down to 10-men, we are most likely to lose/concede.

I think we're also a team who really need 2 goal cushions. 

NB96    830

image.jpg

I don't think it's 50/50 in any way personally. Puts Eric Cantona to shame.

Edited by NB96

Aaron    2002

its the INCONSISTENCY thats the issue. we see similar challenges week in, week out in the middle of the park go unpunished if the contact isn't as severe or there. 

+Urthor    10200
6 hours ago, Aaron said:

its the INCONSISTENCY thats the issue. we see similar challenges week in, week out in the middle of the park go unpunished if the contact isn't as severe or there. 

well yeah, referees pussy out from giving cards all the time in this game because did you see the whinging when stars get binned?  Refereeing in football in general is pretty rubbish because of player power which leads to lack of action, which is exactly why VAR needs to be a thing.  

NB96    830

The first managerial casualty of the season award goes to Frank De Boer, lasting four Premier League games with Crystal Palace. Embarrassing from the club as a whole.

NB96    830

Roy Hodgson has been announced as the new manager of Crystal Palace FC.