NB96

Barclays Premier League 2017/18

+Urthor    10202

I'm still surprised that there's no continental defender who a club would willingly send to Liverpool for that much.  Surely there's someone out there who is the equal of Van Djik?  

Aaron    2010
11 hours ago, Urthor said:

I'm still surprised that there's no continental defender who a club would willingly send to Liverpool for that much.  Surely there's someone out there who is the equal of Van Djik?  

its about finding a defender who has what van dijk offers and is premier league proven.

his ability on the ball, speed and aerial strength are pretty much unparalleled in the premier league bar a fit  + in form kompany.

my questions with him are over mentality + his recent form this season; aka was it injury or was he forcing a move away. 

NB96    832
Posted (edited)

Former Chelsea player Michael Essien gets a statue in his honor in Ghana:

Edited by NB96

Faint    5725

Rip liverpools top 4 hopes

NB96    832

Welcome to "On the Catwalk" with Arsenal star Hector Bellerin!

E2cPjCXZi8RIoHiB6EBc1sNuGN3IhXtyeloyHule

Mr Dragon    310

The true reason that Bellerin's form's been dipping - he started playing bass for a psychedelic rock band from 1976 and the commitment divides his time too much.

NB96    832

If we actually sign Alexis Sanchez I will go mental.

+Urthor    10202

Alexis Sanchez isn't THAT good for the club because he plays on the left hand side and is one of the worst strikers with his left foot in the entire league, when what the team needs desperately is a right hand side player with a left foot so it stops playing Mata as a winger, which is like Wayne Rooney as CM.  Depends on wages/fee but his value lies almost entirely in pissing off Arsenal fans and City fans, he'll be a quality contributor but ManU wants Ozil/Griezmann far, far more than it wants Sanchez.  

Now, if United got Sanchez AND Ozil...

Aaron    2010

Yeah Sanchez at United is just like all their other signings they've made... names to satisfy fans + move shirts rather than what the club needs. I don't think hes a RVP type signing either. RVP was the icing on the cake of a team which might have been short on fire power. This current United team needs a restructuring. 

If you get 10 united fans in a room and ask them to write a best first XI, I guarantee a lot of them will be VERY different in regards to personnel and formation. Thats usually the sign of a fairly shitty and imbalanced squad. 

Sanchez would be perfect at Liverpool [Sanchez uptop + Firmino dropping deep... but I don't want him with us anyway cos of his shitty attitude + age + wages], seems unncesscary at City unless hes backup for Aguero + Jesus and I think United would be better off investing in someone who can be a long term strike partner to Lukaku and get the best out of him. 

Sanchez is just going to stall/fuck over Martial. But fuck it, United are a retarded ass team with retarded fans that don't undertand the quality they do have and criminally overrate what they do have. They're obsessed with Sanchez and Griezzman 

Edited by Aaron

Faint    5725

Sanchez is using the Utd interest to get City to pay him more money, there's still no way he doesn't end up at city. I don't think Man U have a hope in hell of getting griezzman either tbh

+Urthor    10202

United just better get Ozil in the summer.  Ozil is literally the perfect player for them in every way/shape/form the only issue is his age, but even if they only get 1-2 good seasons out of him that's enough for a club with United's chequebook 

Aaron    2010
3 hours ago, Urthor said:

United just better get Ozil in the summer.  Ozil is literally the perfect player for them in every way/shape/form the only issue is his age, but even if they only get 1-2 good seasons out of him that's enough for a club with United's chequebook 

Ozil is going to be buy of the season.

I think the fans won't appreciate him and he'll get a lot of xenophonic crap for lack of "workrate" from the british media and united fans tho. 

He deserves to go abroad. All the English teams bar city aren't good enough for him. He doesn't have time to waste at his age. 

He'd be quite incredible for us too if he could learn the high press. 

+Urthor    10202

Ozil had a good workrate before he stopped giving a shit about Arsenal and Wenger, they are definitely linked.  

Also United fans didn't bring much vitriol at Mkhitaryan or anyone really, I doubt they will bring it out for Ozil.

He definitely doesn't fit the team for Bayern/the two Spanish giants though, and United is the big club that "wants" him desperately and has the pocket book.  Unless someone random like City/Chelsea/PSG pursues or he decides he really does not want to move out of London and is willing to accept less for the Blues/Tottenham I don't see it happening.  

NB96    832

Sanchez is the perfect fit for us I completely disagree. He has spent most of his career on the right and only realy played on the left at Arsenal. He can play across the front three which is great for Mourinho because we desperately needed somebody who can play on the right. Also I agree that Özil would be good the only danger is that Özil and Pogba are lazy defensively, which is risky to play them together. I would possibly consider Sergej Milinkovic-Savic instead though because I want to get the best out of Pogba which requires a midfield three. Such a shame the Lazio president would demand so much money for him.

Re: Sanchez you can just have him play as a false winger by giving the freedom to roam where he wants. I'm no manager but I wouldn't restrict Sanchez to the wide areas because he is so dangerous I'd just say go where you want and cause damage.

NB96    832
16 hours ago, Faint said:

Sanchez is using the Utd interest to get City to pay him more money, there's still no way he doesn't end up at city. I don't think Man U have a hope in hell of getting griezzman either tbh

You will eat your words in a week or two's time Sanchez is destined for the red of Manchester United!!!

Edited by NB96

+Urthor    10202

Pogba should be a good defender really, he spent 4 years at Juventus how can you spend 4 years at Juventus and not learn to defend.  

Whatever happens it's pretty clear that United has made it entirely a line ball call on the part of Alexis Sanchez.  Nobody can predict what is flowing through one Chilean's mind either way.  

Aaron    2010
7 hours ago, Urthor said:

Ozil had a good workrate before he stopped giving a shit about Arsenal and Wenger, they are definitely linked.  

Also United fans didn't bring much vitriol at Mkhitaryan or anyone really, I doubt they will bring it out for Ozil.

He definitely doesn't fit the team for Bayern/the two Spanish giants though, and United is the big club that "wants" him desperately and has the pocket book.  Unless someone random like City/Chelsea/PSG pursues or he decides he really does not want to move out of London and is willing to accept less for the Blues/Tottenham I don't see it happening.  

Ozil never stopped working hard.

This is what pisses me off. People don't watch football, properly, they just look at someones body language and listen to what the shitty racist commentators and british media say.

Ozil this season has covered more ground than Alexis. I think its around 10-10.6km a game... thats very very good. 

Faint    5725
4 hours ago, NB96 said:

You will eat your words in a week or two's time Sanchez is destined for the red of Manchester United!!!

I literally don't care either way :') but I still expect him to go to the blue half of Manchester. United really don't need him - it'll just be another reason to waste Martial which is criminal

City vs Liverpool today.. can't say I'm 100% optimistic about it

NB96    832

Looks like Liverpool have ended City's bid to become the new Invincibles. Very entertaining game.

Edited by NB96

Faint    5725

SALAH do do do do do do

oh mane mane

do do do do do do

roberto firminooooo

we dont need coutinhiooooooh

Aaron    2010

best attack in the league

worst defence

Hopefully over summer we prioritise GK.

I'm holding hope we sign up Can but likely he goes on a free transfer now. He's worth atleast 50M in this market so its a big loss.

I have no idea why one of Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona aren't just doing a free transfer swoop on Ozil, Sanchez and Can... specifically I'm thinking about Madrid who seem to be a bit of a shambles ATM. 

Edited by Aaron

Faint    5725
47 minutes ago, Aaron said:

best attack in the league

worst defence

Hopefully over summer we prioritise GK.

I'm holding hope we sign up Can but likely he goes on a free transfer now. He's worth atleast 50M in this market so its a big loss.

I have no idea why one of Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona aren't just doing a free transfer swoop on Ozil, Sanchez and Can... specifically I'm thinking about Madrid who seem to be a bit of a shambles ATM. 

Can to juve is already confirmed

We desperately need a new gk. Karius conceded 3 and didnt make a single save

+Urthor    10202

If Sanchez says yes to this offer that's a fantastic piece of business financially for United.