NB96

Barclays Premier League 2017/18

Aaron    1986
On 15/01/2018 at 1:59 AM, Urthor said:

If Sanchez says yes to this offer that's a fantastic piece of business financially for United.  

yup he could have got way more as a free agent going to city 

Faint    5634

I have no idea why hed choose utd over city to be honest, mental

NB96    816

I've seen so many Arsenal fans say Sanchez left for the money. Go offer him the same wages as us and we'll see who he chooses.

Edited by NB96

Mr Dragon    300

If he's leaving for the purpose of being successful why go to United over City then? Hell, Arsenal have won more than United have since Ferguson left the latter and neither have won the title since then while City look to be one of the best sides in Europe.

• Upvote 1

NB96    816
38 minutes ago, Mr Dragon said:

If he's leaving for the purpose of being successful why go to United over City then? Hell, Arsenal have won more than United have since Ferguson left the latter and neither have won the title since then while City look to be one of the best sides in Europe.

City are obviously the best in country right now but I think things can change quickly. Chelsea won the league then finished mid table, Leicester fought relegation then won, Real Madrid conquered Europe and are now battling for top 4.

Maybe he just wants to work with the manager with the most accolades currently in world football. After all he already worked with Guardiola once and didn't get the best out of him.

This is Manchester United after all it's not easy to turn the club down.

Edited by NB96

Faint    5634
27 minutes ago, NB96 said:

City are obviously the best in country right now but I think things can change quickly. Chelsea won the league then finished mid table, Leicester fought relegation then won, Real Madrid conquered Europe and are now battling for top 4.

Maybe he just wants to work with the manager with the most accolades currently in world football. After all he already worked with Guardiola once and didn't get the best out of him.

This is Manchester United after all it's not easy to turn the club down.

I mean that's fine from a Utd fan

Please take this as a genuine and honest opinion (because I couldn't give a fuck which manchester club he went to)- Sanchez is doing it entirely for the money.

He had the choice between:

a) A shit ton of money and a huge contract, in a disjointed team full of "form players" rather than "star players" - with a manager who is known for making attacking players worse

b) Less money (but still a shit ton), but guaranteed premier league trophy and playing in a team full of world class players - with a manager who he was successful under who is known for making attacking players better

Sanchez hasn't gone because he wants to play the best football, Sanchez has gone because he wants the biggest payout. He's a mercenary, and that's all there is to it.

There honestly isn't a single Utd player that would get into that City team (well actually, maybe De Gea and Jones - but that's only cos De Gea is amazing and Stones is weak) - but you get the point, City are a much much MUCH better prospect football-wise for a player like Sanchez, than utd is.

That being said it's great for Utd that you've got him - he's a player that will win you games on his own and is a real star.

Aaron    1986

^^^

Sadly very true and a really weird decision by Sanchez. 

A great deal for United. 

Not the worst piece of business to miss out on for City although if I was them, I'd buy him just to make sure United couldn't. Age isn't on Sanchez's sign, hes hardly been instrumental in Europe or has high class European knockout pedigree so he doesn't tick too many boxes for them in all honesty, and I'd rather play Aguero/Jesus. 

Faint    5634
2 hours ago, Aaron said:

Not the worst piece of business to miss out on for City although if I was them, I'd buy him just to make sure United couldn't. Age isn't on Sanchez's sign, hes hardly been instrumental in Europe or has high class European knockout pedigree so he doesn't tick too many boxes for them in all honesty, and I'd rather play Aguero/Jesus. 

You're wrong. Don't get me wrong - Jesus is quality and is the best young player in Europe right now (better than Mbappe imo) but Sanchez is current world class, Jesus is just potentially there.

As a first team player currently sanchez would help city win the CL in the next 3 years - something jesus will not be instrumental in for like 3/4 years

Aaron    1986
55 minutes ago, Faint said:

You're wrong. Don't get me wrong - Jesus is quality and is the best young player in Europe right now (better than Mbappe imo) but Sanchez is current world class, Jesus is just potentially there.

As a first team player currently sanchez would help city win the CL in the next 3 years - something jesus will not be instrumental in for like 3/4 years

i don't see sanchez's champions league history in knockout stage.

city should aim higher 

NB96    816
20 hours ago, Aaron said:

i don't see sanchez's champions league history in knockout stage.

city should aim higher 

He's been plaing for Arsenal though who have been terrible in the last 16 for ages now.

Saw images of the double leg break of Everton's McCarthy. Rondon was in tears, I feel sorry for both because it was a freak accident.

NB96    816

Spurs lack creativity without Eriksen. Much like us, they sorely need another playmaker imo.

NB96    816

Congratulations to Alexis Sanchez for joining the biggest club in world football.

Best of luck to Henrikh Mkhitaryan on your future endeavors.

Edited by NB96

NB96    816

Virgil van Lovren has made literally no difference to Liverpool's defense. I think they might have gotten rinsed by Southampton...

6 years going on 7 without a trophy now, I think. Lol

Edited by NB96

NB96    816

Bournemouth 3-0 Chelsea, now Watford 4-1 Chelsea. They are in free-fall and at serious risk of losing their top 4 position.

Edited by NB96