Satchmo

The War Captains have unanimously decided to end season 1 early

+Satchmo    3216

This is not a decision we want to make, but it is one I personally regret not advocating for earlier.

Quite frankly at this point, the top 4 is not an accurate depiction of what we feel is a healthy competitive environment. We have collectively DQ'd an entire team and 3 players this season- one via permanent ban from the site, and all of whom were on teams in top 4. We additionally almost disbarred a player from playing in top 4 entirely due to the circumstances surrounding his joining the site. This combined with the massive activity issues of Team Beer in top 4 (which I personally do not fault them for) and the almost dull landslide advantage ATO has over The Gentlemen's Club (a war that has ALSO not played a game in 6 days, as of writing) has made it clear to us that the play-offs have been a disaster. This alone is not enough to end the season early however.  The final nail in the coffin is a conversation between Mark and Jazz where the latter indicates that Detox were "aware of the benefits to us from the different outcomes", we assume that to include intentionally losing a war to manipulate bracket results.

image.png?width=313&height=557
image.png
image.png
image.png

While we do not believe everyone on Detox was aware of any plot to intentionally lose, the evidence provided previously had only barely convinced War council as a whole that no collusion between active players took place, mostly stemming from Silver clearly denying Kris' offer and good faith in Tristan and his team. Jazz has brought that faith into serious questioning now. In all likelihood, further investigation would only serve to call into question the faith we put in other people involved in warring as well. As such, The 3 War captains- ACP, MMF and myself see the best case scenario of the Finals ending in one or more teams being DQ'd yet again, and ATO taking an activity win in the finals, if ATO doesn't get a round bye in the finals entirely. That is not an ending we feel properly represents the type of competition we want Duelistgroundz to have, nor one we feel the winners would (or should) be proud of.

This is also not the first time ending the season early has been put up for discussion. As early as the Sigurimi incident, Allen has expressed considering ending the season early, and it was again brought up for discussion when we deliberated on the Collusion accusations levied against Detox and Team Beer. Allen has expressed an unhappiness with the season in general, something you are all likely aware of. Behind the scenes, the War Council has consistently been filled with issue amongst ourselves. As evidenced by 3 of them being DQ'd and one being banned, many of the people on war council just were not fit for the job. And even some of the ones that were fit for the job were out of line in some of their conduct or suffered from lack of time/interest. Never the less, we were hesitant about ending the season early, and stuck things out as they progressively got worse. Allen himself warned that doubling down on a failed system would be a bad idea back during the Sigurimi incident.

As such, Season 1 of Duelistgroundz Team League has concluded as of this moment. All The Outs will be awarded prizes. The War Captains will work to transition swiftly and smoothly into Season 2 withi the coming weeks, teams may begin preparations as they see fit. The Casual Ranked Ladder will continue as scheduled. All players DQ'd in season 1 WILL be able to return in season 2 as long as they are not currently banned.

Edit: The prizes will be postponed for now

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Me.    1348

Just a reminder to everyone shit talking on discord, ATO didn't ask for this. We would have been happy to play the season out and win it fair. But now we don't have that chance and it would be really unfair to just take the prizes away from us when we would have won them eventually regardless.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

»Barron    8046
Just now, Me. said:

Just a reminder to everyone shit talking on discord, ATO didn't ask for this. We would have been happy to play the season out and win it fair. But now we don't have that chance and it would be really unfair to just take the prizes away from us when we would have won them eventually regardless.

Is Mark on your account?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Me.    1348
Just now, Pryda said:

Is Mark on your account?

Stop giving Mark so much shit. This wasn't his doing, not his decision and not his initiative.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

»Barron    8046

This is such a joke and this only puts a damper on DGz's image where there's accusations but no hard evidence on Detox doing something bad. Just on personal feelings. First you cripple 2 teams from having another member to actually complete our war then you have another Captain trying to bait people into saying something so they can get a free win. Obviously in that text Mark said "He wanted to put an end to this accusations" but his intent was to get Jazz to say something he says he knows. We get that ATO didn't want to play Team Beer or Detox in the finals but man at least our last warring playoffs ended in better scenario 4 years ago.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

»Barron    8046
3 minutes ago, Me. said:

Stop giving Mark so much shit. This wasn't his doing, not his decision and not his initiative.

>Not his doing
>Goes out of his way to pin shit on us

Okay.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

+Mascis    4365

Thank you Allen, frogman, and satch. I think you guys have been doing the best you can regarding everything that happened during the seasons 

I'm sorry you had to put up with dileberate cheaters, scumbags, complainers, and annoying players. You've all had to deal with more than you should have for a free online Yu-gi-oh! tournament

i hate to see it end like this, but it's completely undersatanble given the situation. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

»Barron    8046

Nobody should get prizes if you're ending the season early & making a mockery of this warring season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+Satchmo    3216
1 minute ago, Pryda said:

Nobody should get prizes if you're ending the season early & making a mockery of this warring season. 

We didn't make a mockery of anything. Every fucking day of this war has been nothing but constant drama, and here you are fueling to that bullshit. I won't defend mark for the shit talking he did to detox, but if you're gonna throw a fucking temper tantrum at us for deciding to not put up with ANY ONE of your guys shit any longer, then go ahead. But I'm done with all of you motherfuckers

Fuck Team Beer

Fuck Detox

Fuck ATO

All 3 of your teams have had multiple members cause issues and made the entire play offs a shit show, and some of that bullshit spread through the entire season. I'm not just talking about Kris with that either. And not everyone on those teams has caused issues, I respect plenty of them, but when you act out like this, I'd say you're just adding to the list of reason for me to push to end the fucking season early. So thanks  for making my day worse Darryl I fucking appreciate it :wub:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Jazz    4754

In what world is losing to give yourself a better playoff bracket against the rules?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

+Satchmo    3216

Also we're postponing the prizes for now in part due to the backlash and in part because we can't come to a conclusion of what to do with them.

• Upvote 1

Me.    1348
1 minute ago, Jazz said:

In what world is losing to give yourself a better playoff bracket against the rules?

You know, if you had just read the rules allen posted at the start of the season....

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Jazz    4754
Just now, Me. said:

You know, if you had just read the rules allen posted at the start of the season....

Quote it and show me

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Me.    1348
3 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Quote it and show me

On 2017-04-11 at 0:52 AM, ACP said:

Season Structure

Phase 1: Signup and Draft

Members have 2 weeks to sign up for the draft and fill out the Warring Signup Questionnaire. The number of War Council members (and hence, number of teams) is dependent upon the number of people who sign up.

- If 30-39 people sign up, there will be 6 War Council members/teams.
- If 40-56 people sign up, there will be 8 War Council members/teams.
- If 57-81 people sign up, there will be 10 War Council members/teams.
- If at least 82-119 people sign up, there will be 12 War Council members/teams.

After War Council members are chosen, drafting will proceed.

Phase 2: Determining Season Length and Structure

If there are 6 teams (see phase 1), the season will last ~2 months: 50 days of rounds followed by 12 days of playoffs. If 8 teams, the season will last ~3 months: 70 days of rounds and 12 days of payoffs. If 10 teams, the season will last ~4 months: 90 days of rounds and 24 days of playoffs. If 12 teams, the season will last ~4.5 months: 110 days of rounds and 24 days of playoffs.

Phase 3: Rounds

Each war during the “rounds” phase will be 10 days long and the pairings will be determined at random. Wars will be played 6 heart points, double elimination. Each team will play each other each once over the course of the season in a round-robin fashion. Each war must be played with a minimum of 2 matches of current format and 2 matches of goat format.

Phase 4: Playoffs

If there are 10 or 12 teams, the 4 teams with the best records will advance to the playoffs. If there are 6 or 8 teams, the best 2 teams will advance to the playoffs. Wars in the playoffs will be 7 heart points double elimination, and teams will have 12 days to complete their war. Each war must have a minimum of 2 matches of current format and 2 matches of goat format. Any relevant ties in records to determine which team makes the playoffs will be broken by which team had the overall higher margin of victory in their rounds from phase 3. If margins of victory are also tied, the tied teams will each nominate a player to play one match to break the tie.

Phase 4(b): Pre-Season

While the top teams are doing the playoffs, other teams will play a casual pre-season war against another team that will not count for team records.

Phase 5: Prizes Distributed

Prizes are awarded in The Game Academy store credit. Store credit can be spent on Yugioh cards, MTG cards, gaming accessories, as well as DGZ shirts and DGZ loyalist privileges.

If there are 6 teams, the total prizes awarded will be $120 in store credit. The top 5 ranked players (determined by 1/2 current format rating + 1/2 goat format rating) on the #1 team will receive $20 each. Then, the top ranked individual in current format who did not win any prizes will receive $10. Then, the top ranked individual in goat format who did not win any prizes will receive $10. In total, 7 different players will be awarded prizes.

If there are 8 teams, the total prizes awarded will be $180 in store credit. The top 5 ranked players (determined by 1/2 current format rating + 1/2 goat format rating) on the #1 team will receive $30 each. Then, the top ranked individual in current format who did not win any prizes will receive $15. Then, the top ranked individual in goat format who did not win any prizes will receive $15. In total, 7 different players will be awarded prizes.

If there are 10 teams, the total prizes awarded will be $240 in store credit. The top 5 ranked players (determined by 1/2 current format rating + 1/2 goat format rating) on the #1 team will receive $40 each. Then, the top ranked individual in current format who did not win any prizes will receive $20. Then, the top ranked individual in goat format who did not win any prizes will receive $20. In total, 7 different players will be awarded prizes.

If there are 12 teams, the total prizes awarded will be $270 in store credit. The top 5 ranked players (determined by 1/2 current format rating + 1/2 goat format rating) on the #1 team will receive $45 each. Then, the top 3 rated individuals in current format who did not win any prizes will receive $22.50. Then, the top 2 rated individuals in goat format who did not win any prizes will receive $22.50. In total, 7 different players will be awarded prizes.

Phase 6: Redraft

If the number of players throughout the season changes in such a way that the number of teams need to be adjusted (see phase 1) then there will be a complete redraft of the players. If there have been 4 consecutive seasons without a draft, then there will also be a redraft.

Drafting and Recruitment

Drafting

Once War Council is determined, pick order is determined at random. For fairness, drafting will be done snake-style. In the last round of drafting, if there are less players than there are team leaders, they have the option to choose 10 DuelistGroundz Recruitment Points instead of a member. (Example: If there are 7 members remaining and 10 teams during the last round of the draft, exactly 3 team leaders will draft 10 DuelistGroundz Recruitment Points instead of members). War Council members should draft a balanced lineup of current format and goat format players to insure that wars can be completed (recall that there must be at least 2 matches played for each format).

DuelistGroundz Recruitment Points (DRP)

DRP are a currency held by each team that can be spent to recruit new members after drafting is over. At the start of the season, each team will gain 20 DRP (so if you drafted another 10 DRP, you would have 30 in total).

After 3 rounds are played, each team gains 15 DRP + 3 DRP for each loss (or 5+3 DRP or 10+3 DRP if the number of rounds remaining at the end of a season is not divisible by 3). In other words, as the season progresses, teams that lose more will have more DRP. Intentionally throwing wars towards the end of a season to gain more DRP is considered collusion.

Additionally, team leaders can gain more DRP by referring members to DuelistGroundz.com. For each referred member (who joins warring and has not posted on DGz in over a year), the team that referred them gains 1 DRP.

Spending DuelistGroundz Recruitment Points

When any player becomes a free agent, there will be a 3-day auction in which team leaders will bid DRP to acquire that player. Only integer amounts of DRP may be bid (no bidding 1.5 DRP). The team with the highest bid will spend that amount of DRP to acquire the player. If all teams bid 0 DRP, the player will be assigned to the team with the least number of players (if tie, randomly chosen).

Trading

At any time, teams can trade players with each other. Teams can also trade DRP for players or add DRP to a player-for-player trade to make the trade more balanced. Trades will go into effect between rounds (you can’t trade in the middle of a round). Intentionally making lopsided trades with another team is considered collusion. The War Captains may veto a trade if it appears to be incredibly lopsided.

Dropping Players

A player becomes inactive if they fail to play a match for at least 30 days. Team leaders may drop inactive players in exchange for 10 DRP. If the player later decides to re-signup for warring, the team that they were dropped from may spend 10 DRP to reacquire them. If they choose to not do so, that player will be up for auction as normal.

Once per year, each player has the privilege of being able to submit a drop request. This is for active players who are having specific problems with the team that they are on (ie not getting along with the other players). After submitting such a request, the player will be dropped from their team, that team will receive 10 DRP, and the player will go up for auction as a free agent. However, the team that they were dropped from may not bid any DRP to reacquire them. They must be acquired by a different team.

The 2x Rule

A team cannot acquire a new player (or get rid of a player) if that would make a team have at least twice as many active members as the team with the least amount of active players.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Jazz    4754

I don't see a rule against strategic losing?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Jazz    4754

Yeah, there's nothing in there related to this at all. @Me. I have read these rules 3-4 times this season. Bugger off. Maybe you should read them

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Me.    1348

" Intentionally throwing wars towards the end of a season to gain more DRP is considered collusion."

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

+Satchmo    3216
9 minutes ago, Jazz said:

You can say this if you want, but you're STILL  a fucking idiot for saying this shit because your captain, Tristan, SPENT 3 FUCKING DAYS FIGHTING TOOTH AND NAIL TO CONVINCE EVERYONE ELSE IN WAR COUNCIL THAT YOUR TEAM DID NOT INTENTIONALLY LOSE

So when you run off at the mouth with shit like this, you are literally calling into question the integrity of your captain and your team, and they should certainly be more upset with you than anyone else.

• Upvote 4

Jazz    4754
Just now, Me. said:

" Intentionally throwing wars towards the end of a season to gain more DRP is considered collusion."

1. That is not the reason I stated.

2. Can we even use DRP after the last war?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Me.    1348
Just now, Jazz said:

1. That is not the reason I stated.

2. Can we even use DRP after the last war?

You gain more DRP regardless if that is your intention or not.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Jazz    4754
Just now, Me. said:

You gain more DRP regardless if that is your intention or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

+mmf    23221

"But we werent doing it to gain more DRP lol, we just happened to gain more DRP"

is that actually the hill you wanna die on, jazz? really? you read that whole fucking line in the rules, and the first thought in your head is, "well, throwing wars is legal then, just don't do it for DRP?" are you fucking kidding me?

• Upvote 7

Jazz    4754
1 minute ago, mmf said:

"But we werent doing it to gain more DRP lol, we just happened to gain more DRP"

is that actually the hill you wanna die on, jazz? really?

I'm cool with it because I'm completely in the right here and we're already DQ'd

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3