Sharpman

YCS Toronto 2017

turceal    29

Hey @Sharpman i saw you at the event we have definitely played before, I was one of the guys with a large Afro. I scrubbed pretty bad went x-3 round 7. Then lost top4  of giant card on sunday :(

»Sharpman    4801
6 hours ago, turceal said:

Hey @Sharpman i saw you at the event we have definitely played before, I was one of the guys with a large Afro. I scrubbed pretty bad went x-3 round 7. Then lost top4  of giant card on sunday :(

Ahhh, are you Joshua? Yeah, we've definitely played a few times. I think we played at Nats 2013, Nats 2014, and a few other times here and there. Ahh no :( hopefully will see you at another event soon!

Conspire    2391

Ended up dropping after round 7 with a 3-2-2 record.  Played Draco Zoo.  Definitely not optimally.  Had some valuable tournament experience and understand now why pure zoo would have been the best deck to bring.  My 2 losses in rounds 6 and 7 were simply "you don't get to play" games where my opponent playing pure zoo had 3-4 answer cards and I was left stranded with Draco cards that didn't do anything.

More importantly I learned that if a game appears to be lost I need to just scoop.  Rounds 1 and 3 the first game ended up going like 30+ minutes.  I lost the die roll (won 1 die roll in my 7 rounds neverlucky etc.) and ended up staying in the game for a long time with Apocalypse plays, trying to find a way to win.  Ended up losing game 1's and winning game 2's in time.  If I scoop earlier I get a game 3 and a chance to win.

I only started playing a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately I feel like I learned how to play the format now but it's going to change.  Wish I had another crack at this format.

• Upvote 3

»Pharaoh Atem    15768

@Conspireis toronto the only event you go to nowadays?

turceal    29

@Sharpman Yeah my name is Josh :).
I was pretty salty day 1 i lost to some random who topped. in our match round 5 (i was 4-1) going into g3 i open ram, thorough, thorough, whip, desires. draw into cosmic cyclone and diagram, summon the thorough and pitch the ram instead of the thorough by mistake. then after i draw and realize what i did i just went on tilt for rest of the day. For the rest of that game he slow grinded me because he couldn't clear my board completely...

Conspire    2391
17 hours ago, Pharaoh Atem said:

@Conspireis toronto the only event you go to nowadays?

This was the first event I've played in like 7 years.  During that time I only picked up yugioh cards for the first time near the start of August in preparation for the event.  I would like to keep playing and plan on keeping up with the game at locals.  I may get to attend other events but having a wife and child make that more difficult.  Now I don't just have to book of a day or 2 of work I have to also leave my wife alone for the weekend to take care of a 1 yr old herself.

We'll see though.  I'm hopeful that I'll make it out to some future events.

OD Superman    1122
22 hours ago, Conspire said:

This was the first event I've played in like 7 years.  During that time I only picked up yugioh cards for the first time near the start of August in preparation for the event.  I would like to keep playing and plan on keeping up with the game at locals.  I may get to attend other events but having a wife and child make that more difficult.  Now I don't just have to book of a day or 2 of work I have to also leave my wife alone for the weekend to take care of a 1 yr old herself.

Orlandooooooo.

Joe.    4932
On 8/30/2017 at 2:48 PM, Conspire said:

Messing around on DuelingBook is a good way to get some games in. It has been vital in my few short returns over the past couple years.

»Pharaoh Atem    15768

Orlando was the site of the World Championship I worked at. Not a bad place.