Sign in to follow this  
NB96

UEFA Champions League 2017/18

CL Final poll  

2 members have voted

1. 2. Who will win the Champion's League?

• Real Madrid
    • Liverpool

NB96    850

I predict Bayern will win I think it is their year

• Downvote 1

Faint    5854
1 hour ago, NB96 said:

I predict Bayern will win I think it is their year

I disagree, they are not nearly as good as they were 4 seasons ago. How long has it been?

I think if city beat us, they will win for sure. If Liverpool beat city by some miracle (tbh despite our win earlier this season i don't hold my breath...) I think itll be barca or real (let's be realisic... bayern have come up short vs Spain in recent history)

City are definitely the best team in the world atm though. World class manager, World class spine (full backs arent great but the spine makes up for it), amazing options on the bench, creativity im abundance..... 

Faint    5854

(I accept that may be hard to take for a utd fan but city are a different level to urd, pool, chelsea... etc).

+Urthor    10223

I don't think you can predict the outcome to City vs the Spanish duo at all.  It'll come down to that trio, but the fact is Barca and Madrid are absolutely anything but walkovers for City.  City could win out in a blaze of glory, or they could choke with a huge score vs Barca/Madrid.

If you base the form on how the teams have looked in regular season matches City have looked the best in the world, but based on where I reckon Madrid and Barca will be when they actually play the high stakes game(s) vs City, it will be a very different story when their team sheets are made of solid gold.

Aaron    2027

The only thing City lack is their players having experience in the champions league.  However that can be quite significant as seen by Juventus versus Spurs. Some of their best players like Sterling have impressed A LOT this season, but its at the business end where you can start to become defined as world class IMO. 

I think its not a fore-gone conclusion City beat Liverpool. Liverpool have possibly one of the best players in the world on current form in Salah who can turn a match on its head. Sadly the flip side is we have an awful defence that is probably going to ship goals given how amazing City's attack is. It should be very very entertaining if no one gets sent off. 

I still can't help but like:

1. Barcelona - as they have the best player in the world and they're playing a lot more pragmatically; and they've already won the league

2. Real Madrid - I feel like Madrid have more winners in their squad; what city lack, Madrid have in abundance. I'm talking about your last minute equalizers from Sergio Ramos or Ronaldo... They're just drenched in history

I'd probably put Barca or Bayern as favorite right now because they've had very favourable draws, 

NB96    850

Phenomenal first half display from Liverpool. Against Guardiola's Barcelona and Bayern I think sitting deep and hitting on the break was the best option to play against them but against his City side I think taking the game to them and pressing high with energy and commitment is the better option. Maybe it's because hey have two #10's in their midfield (De Bryune and Silva) instead of Xavi and Iniesta but whatever the reason is, it's working. Hopefully Mourinho is taking notes since we play City on the weekend.

NB96    850
Posted (edited)

Unbelievable, Barca blew a 4-1 lead against Roma losing 3-0 to get knocked out.

Edited by NB96
  • Pride 1

NB96    850

City in a nutshell:

NB96    850
Posted (edited)

CL Semi-Finals:

FC Bayern München vs Real Madrid

Liverpool vs AS Roma

EL Semi-Finals:

RB Salzburg vs Olympique Marseille

Arsenal vs Club Atletico de Madrid

Edited by NB96

Faint    5854

Absolute scenes in the CL

NB96    850
Posted (edited)

If there is a God, Liverpool wont win the CL. I wont know what to do with myself if either Liverpool or Shitty win it before we claim a fourth European Cup/CL.

Edited by NB96
  • Downvote 1

+Urthor    10223

Real winning again and treating the Champions league like their own personal league cup is just as bad tbh

NB96    850
10 hours ago, Urthor said:

Real winning again and treating the Champions league like their own personal league cup is just as bad tbh

No it's not

NB96    850

Omg I'm so nervous please don't let Liverpool win

Aaron    2027

if we win.. im gonna go down to lpool for tommmorow and party. should have been there today but fucked up. 

NB96    850

Normally I'd gloat at Liverpool losing 3-1 in the European cup final but I under the circumstances surrounding Loris Karius I can't. I just cannot imagine how he is feeling. It would spiral me into a depression for a long time so I hope he can bounce back at another club.

Priority for Liverpool next season must be to sign Roma's Alisson.

N e J i    902

Karius screwed up so bad... I can't believe what I've just watched.

I feel like Real Madrid could go all night. They exhaust their adversaries, and it's not like Barça used to do where they simply overpowered their opponents, they often seem lazy and slow, which only makes it harder for the other team when they are punished with goals out of nowhere.

+Urthor    10223

I don't really blame Karius for the 2nd goal.  Like yes it went through but Bale was totally unpressured when he made that shot, there was so much space for him because the defence was torn 8 ways.  Wasn't great but it felt more of an inevitability given how the Madrid midfield had torn Liverpool to pieces.  

Match was over largely when Saleh went off and Madrid began dominating possession, made Liverpool look like Valencia at that point

Aaron    2027

Karius did very poorly. 

For any liverpool fan this isn't a surprise though in all honesty. He has looked hesitant and nervous all season.

If Karius didn't fuck up, Lovren could have. The truth is Liverpool are carrying players whom are VERY susceptible to mistakes and have shown it in the past (Lovren, Mignolet, Karius, Moreno). 

Its time we now move on from them. 

I'm personally disappointed in Firmino. I felt Mane upped his game once Salah went off but he really struggled. 

I'm not that surprised by Karius. 

I thought TAA + Robertson look absolutely class. 

Wijnaldum was our best midfielder, the other two lads who are played much more frequently didn't deliver. 

+Urthor    10223

Robertson had a good game, Karius had a bad game.

The thing about Robertson is he absolutely wins the worst season at Liverpool award without a doubt, barring the central defence which has changed since Virgil has come in.  He has had an absolute asshole of a season, while Karius had a reasonably good season.  If I was Klopp I'd rather keep Karius, the player who is on zero wages, and boot Robertson than vice versa.  

NB96    850
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Urthor said:

The thing about Robertson is he absolutely wins the worst season at Liverpool award without a doubt, barring the central defence which has changed since Virgil has come in.  He has had an absolute asshole of a season, while Karius had a reasonably good season.  If I was Klopp I'd rather keep Karius, the player who is on zero wages, and boot Robertson than vice versa.  

Robertson has done well when he has played for Liverpool imo. I see people saying he's the best left-back in the league although I can't help but feel that indicates the shocking state of left-backs in this country more than anything. Danny Rose should be there but he messed up his standing with Poch after that interview with the Sun right before the season started.

Edited by NB96

+Urthor    10223

I was thinking of Alexander Arnold, not Robinson. Wires completely crossed.  Robinson is alright, Arnoldis the shitter

• Downvote 1

Aaron    2027
15 hours ago, Urthor said:

WTF? 

Robertson's season since he won his first team place has been excellent. From January onwards he's been excellent and constantly improving. 

Robertson has been excellent. 

Do you watch Liverpool? 

Aaron    2027
3 hours ago, Urthor said:

I was thinking of Alexander Arnold, not Robinson. Wires completely crossed.  Robinson is alright, Arnoldis the shitter

Again, what the fuck?

TAA is 19 and his only really bad game has been against United. Other than that, hes been good to great. 

Hes possibly England's most promising right back at this age. 

Faint    5854

urthor you are fucking retarded

trent and robertson at fullback have been incredible this season