Sign in to follow this  
NB96

UEFA Champions League 2017/18

CL Final poll  

2 members have voted

1. 2. Who will win the Champion's League?

• Real Madrid
    • Liverpool

Faint    5707

karius on the other hand has not had a good season AT ALL

NB96    830
Posted (edited)

Must be nice to have good full backs. No idea how Mourinho paid £35m for Lindelöf who can barely make the bench when everybody knew we needed a left back. And now Alex Sandro may renew with Juve after all and we're getting priced out of signing Bale. This could turn out to be a shit window.

Edited by NB96

Aaron    2002
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Faint said:

urthor you are fucking retarded

trent and robertson at fullback have been incredible this season

Thank you man.

Honestly the utter bullshit he was chatting was so fucking confusing.

ANYONE who has watched Karius play since day one has seen how shitty he is. He just hasn't been punished for his mistakes. I'd go as far to say Migonlet is superior to Karius but basically much more unlucky than Karius. Every mistake migs makes seems to go punished but Karius has been riding his luck for a LONG time. I actually can't remember a flawless game from Karius. Every match he has a moment where I always feel like he got away with something. 

Robertson has been debatably the best value defensive purchase of the season.

TAA the most promising right fullback in the last 10 years for England who unlike Flanagan a few years back, isn't just filling in a spot but providing very specific qualities of pace and attacking prowess which we lack with our other options. 

If I was Madrid/Barca, they have to have in the back of their minds a cheeky bid for Mane BTW. Him taking on Real Madrid for 15 minutes pretty much single handedly when everyone else had downed tools was incredible. 

--------

Also the signing of Fabinho is massive. Awesome Can replacement, superior in every way in which we utilise Can. 

With the addition of Keita we will be even stronger.

If we're still trying to get Fekir, then Klopp is VERY serious about making our midfield the best ever.

I am still VERY fearful that we are not strengthening:

1. GK first 11

2. CB first 11

3. LB backup 

4. Forward backup 

Lovren is ok for a top 4 finish but if we can get a proper partner to VVD, then we will be unstoppable. We basically need a Vidic-type player to compliment VVD.  

LB wise Robertson is fine but I don't trust Moreno and I'd rather have a younger player who will actually improve or an older one who is far more reliable and versatile (LB/CB). 

Edited by Aaron

Faint    5707
2 hours ago, Aaron said:

Thank you man.

Honestly the utter bullshit he was chatting was so fucking confusing.

ANYONE who has watched Karius play since day one has seen how shitty he is. He just hasn't been punished for his mistakes. I'd go as far to say Migonlet is superior to Karius but basically much more unlucky than Karius. Every mistake migs makes seems to go punished but Karius has been riding his luck for a LONG time. I actually can't remember a flawless game from Karius. Every match he has a moment where I always feel like he got away with something. 

Robertson has been debatably the best value defensive purchase of the season.

TAA the most promising right fullback in the last 10 years for England who unlike Flanagan a few years back, isn't just filling in a spot but providing very specific qualities of pace and attacking prowess which we lack with our other options. 

If I was Madrid/Barca, they have to have in the back of their minds a cheeky bid for Mane BTW. Him taking on Real Madrid for 15 minutes pretty much single handedly when everyone else had downed tools was incredible. 

--------

Also the signing of Fabinho is massive. Awesome Can replacement, superior in every way in which we utilise Can. 

With the addition of Keita we will be even stronger.

If we're still trying to get Fekir, then Klopp is VERY serious about making our midfield the best ever.

I am still VERY fearful that we are not strengthening:

1. GK first 11

2. CB first 11

3. LB backup 

4. Forward backup 

Lovren is ok for a top 4 finish but if we can get a proper partner to VVD, then we will be unstoppable. We basically need a Vidic-type player to compliment VVD.  

LB wise Robertson is fine but I don't trust Moreno and I'd rather have a younger player who will actually improve or an older one who is far more reliable and versatile (LB/CB). 

youre nuts if you think lovren hasnt improved next to van djik man - since van d signed we have the best defence in the PL. id still like another cb but its not as much of a prio as gk.

a GK is the essential piece - i disagree with you cos i think karius is better than migs but honestly they are both shite - i dont really like allison but would LOVE us to get oblak - id say fuck it and splash the 80million - hes like 24 so could do it for 15 years and i think hes honestly as close to de gea in quality as any atm

would also love us to get fekir - would be a great addition to add goals to our midfield. fabinho is the kind of player wed been crying out for for years - cant quite believe we got him so cheap in the current market!

de virj looks like hes going inter which is a shame as hed have been great on a free transfer

Aaron    2002
Posted (edited)

I think Lovren has improved A LOT but I am FAR from convinced he can be part of a title winning or challenging defence.

The bottom line is Lovren still has shakey games and when hes shakey, hes really shakey. He almost loses his head, a lot like how Sakho used to. I can't trust him for an entire season to challenge for a title. 

If Lovren makes a mistake tommorow... are you really surprised? No. If any title winning CB makes a mistake, are you surprised? Your terrys, carvahlos, kompany, vidic, rio... yes you bloody are! Thats the different between a top 4 defend aka lpool/arsenal and title winning defences aka chelsea/utd/city 

I really don't. Karius has NEVER convinced me and hes incredibly shakey. He makes a shit tonne of stupid mistakes whether its a dodgy catch or coming out when he shouldnt or holding onto the ball too long... but sadly he actually got punished for it in the champions league. 

Allison is the name everyone is banging on about. In all honesty, I'd be happy with any solid goalkeeper as a compromise. We easily have the worst set of goalkeepers out of the top 10 of PL. 

Edited by Aaron

Faint    5707
13 hours ago, Aaron said:

I think Lovren has improved A LOT but I am FAR from convinced he can be part of a title winning or challenging defence.

The bottom line is Lovren still has shakey games and when hes shakey, hes really shakey. He almost loses his head, a lot like how Sakho used to. I can't trust him for an entire season to challenge for a title. 

If Lovren makes a mistake tommorow... are you really surprised? No. If any title winning CB makes a mistake, are you surprised? Your terrys, carvahlos, kompany, vidic, rio... yes you bloody are! Thats the different between a top 4 defend aka lpool/arsenal and title winning defences aka chelsea/utd/city 

I really don't. Karius has NEVER convinced me and hes incredibly shakey. He makes a shit tonne of stupid mistakes whether its a dodgy catch or coming out when he shouldnt or holding onto the ball too long... but sadly he actually got punished for it in the champions league. 

Allison is the name everyone is banging on about. In all honesty, I'd be happy with any solid goalkeeper as a compromise. We easily have the worst set of goalkeepers out of the top 10 of PL. 

oh i agree about lovren not being good enough in general, but you cant change the fact that he has barely put a foot wrong for a good while now. think back - when was the last big lovren mistake? van djiyk made one more recently vs city- that's how long its been since a lovren fuckup. as you said i wouldnt be surprised if it happened, but because of how shite he was early days dont let that detract from how much better hes got. id still improve the position for sure, but really it shouldnt be a priority when our gk options are karius and mingolet

i am really "meh" about allison, imo if we buy a gk for £80m it should be jan oblak from athletico hes absolutely awesome. i honestly wouldnt mind butland either cos i think hes a really solid if unspectacular gk, come at a cut price too as stoke just got relegated. id actually sign both and get rid of karius/migs tbf.

imagine our team next year though

oblak / allison / butland

robertson - van djyk - lovren (or other) - TAA

fabinho

keita - ox / fekir (looks like we're gettiing him)

mane / firminho / salah

then our bench: henderson, wijnaldum, ox, milner - so our midfield would be AWESOME depth wise but we still need attacking cover and another CB imo (ings / solanke are just not good enough - well solanke MAY be but ings certainly not...)

Aaron    2002
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Faint said:

oh i agree about lovren not being good enough in general, but you cant change the fact that he has barely put a foot wrong for a good while now. think back - when was the last big lovren mistake? van djiyk made one more recently vs city- that's how long its been since a lovren fuckup. as you said i wouldnt be surprised if it happened, but because of how shite he was early days dont let that detract from how much better hes got. id still improve the position for sure, but really it shouldnt be a priority when our gk options are karius and mingolet

i am really "meh" about allison, imo if we buy a gk for £80m it should be jan oblak from athletico hes absolutely awesome. i honestly wouldnt mind butland either cos i think hes a really solid if unspectacular gk, come at a cut price too as stoke just got relegated. id actually sign both and get rid of karius/migs tbf.

imagine our team next year though

oblak / allison / butland

robertson - van djyk - lovren (or other) - TAA

fabinho

keita - ox / fekir (looks like we're gettiing him)

mane / firminho / salah

then our bench: henderson, wijnaldum, ox, milner - so our midfield would be AWESOME depth wise but we still need attacking cover and another CB imo (ings / solanke are just not good enough - well solanke MAY be but ings certainly not...)

He made a big mistake against Roma. Our fans luckily didn't give a fuck cos we destroyed them in the first leg but his mistake in any other champions league tie which is normally tight WILL be costly. 

The difference between Van Dijk making a fuck up and Lovren is that Van Dijk adds more to the team as evidenced both just be watching games and statistically. For example, Ramos frequently can cost Madrid with his red cards etc. but his positives far outweigh the negatives to the extent you put up with it. The same just doesn't apply to Lovren. 

Solanke is no where near good enough to cover our front 3. Hes a hot prospect, sure but nothing more at present. I hope he improves next season. 

Ox will likely need to learn to cover the forward front 3 roles if we get Fekir [as will Fekir]. 

Its going to be ballsy of Klopp to drop our captain and make him a squad/rotation player. Hopefully that doesn't become an issue. 

Edited by Aaron