OD Superman

What one card could be added to Goat Format to make it better?

OD Superman    1122

I made a similar thread 2 years ago before I launched NEWGIOH. A lot of you guys gave some good, thoughtful answers that my group and I tested. I'm interested to know how the NGO experience and any new additions to the card pool might affect your opinions so I want to ask this again.

On 4/24/2015 at 9:05 PM, OD Superman said:

Please take five seconds, think about it, avoid reading other replies, and then post.

Any card released after CRV qualifies as an answer. Saying Goat Format is already perfect is fine too.

No need to defend your opinion. No need to attack someone else's. No need for discussion.

+scuzzlebutt    23501

cyber dragon + exarion, but only if its only these two and no other additions

some stuff i suggested in the last thread that i still think would be neat:

samsara kaiser + reinforce truth

neo-spacian grand mole

hydrogeddon + one, limited copy of either laggia or dolkka

and some other stuff:

cyber phoenix

photon sabre tiger

advanced ritual art

+Mascis    4563

not hazy flame cerberus  (|:|)

Digbick    7265

droll and lock bird?

petqwe    286

Not sure if these cards are too overpowered or what:

- Dimensional Alchemist: Light, can be 1800 to summon attack TIV, recruitable via Shining Angel, allows you to get back say a Mof hit by noc. Dies horribly when flipped face-down

- Photon Thrasher: like Cyber Dragon, except this can be rota but dies to tsuk. Looks like this is less aggressive than Cyber Dragon.

+Mascis    4563

thrasher is just as nuts as cyberdragon. Maybe more since you can search it lol 

Grimey    8114

cyber dragon being level 5 and "non-killable" via tsuk is a lot more relevant than thrasher being searchable imo

not to mention it can't attack if you're pushing for an otk whereas cyber dragon can 

no doubt in my mind that cyber dragon is a lot more powerful 

mark    3105

Performage Damage Juggler

Me.    57

The following card was just revealed and while it would warp the entire format around it, it might be interesting to test

Mikuratori
DARK / Level 4 / Winged Beast / Effect
1300 ATK / 1500 DEF
(1) This card gains the following effects depending on the Main Monster Zone in which it is placed:
•Left-most: This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF.
•Right-most: This card can attack up to 2 monsters during each Battle Phase.
•Middle: This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent’s effects.
•Otherwise: Monsters in the same column as this card cannot activate their effects.

Brandis72    35

Fairy Tail - Rella

One-Shot Wand

Wonder Wand

Would undoubtedly be very powerful, and would also probably make Airknight lose much of it's power (hell, it could even be replaced entirely by wonder wand as a means of getting rid of TER), but it seems pretty cool and would both make the format have more playable lights, and entail some neat risk management; knowing when to push into backrow. It would also potentially warp Zoo by being a light beater that can tutor

Would also be quite cool in a powered up/double breaker format.

Brandis72    35
18 hours ago, Brandis72 said:

Fairy Tail - Rella

One-Shot Wand

Wonder Wand

Would undoubtedly be very powerful, and would also probably make Airknight lose much of it's power (hell, it could even be replaced entirely by wonder wand as a means of getting rid of TER), but it seems pretty cool and would both make the format have more playable lights, and entail some neat risk management; knowing when to push into backrow. It would also potentially warp Zoo by being a light beater that can tutor

Would also be quite cool in a powered up/double breaker format.

Tested it a bit; I retract my statement on Airknight, although some form of goat recruiter would probably get a lot of mileage out of wand, and the Rella engine is, interestingly enough, playable but fair, and absolutely not staple.

Brandis72    35

Rainbow Kuriboh

igtw    40
On 26/08/2017 at 5:06 PM, Grimey said:

cyber dragon being level 5 and "non-killable" via tsuk is a lot more relevant than thrasher being searchable imo

not to mention it can't attack if you're pushing for an otk whereas cyber dragon can 

no doubt in my mind that cyber dragon is a lot more powerful 

For what it's worth, you can also summon it first turn or on an empty board to push 2100+ damage.

I think Spell Striker could be pretty nice in decks that either run ROTA or tribute-based. Effect negation is also absent, so Breakthrough Skill could be nice. That or Forbidden Chalice.

Nate1080    1233

D.D. Crow

edit: realized that this makes Chaos a bit better by having a Dark that you can just easily dump, but fuck it.