JC.

D&D Mafia 2.0 Aftergame - Town Wins

markus    2088

slick we're getting better and better at it. one of these days, me and someone else are gonna perfectly town read eachother and that will be the literal downfall of scum. each time we get a little bit closer. this time we got it to work but it didn't work right alsoooooooooo malcolm shot me alsoooooooo i was kinda into getting mascis killed after that mislynch which would have led me to jazz. we got it down this time though.

it's literally fucking real though. it's absolutely real. it's no gimmick. it's possible. we just town read eachother then double team the thread. what if my confuse rei heal made 3 of us????? that would have been hot. shit i just want to obliterate scum this way. it'd be so beautiful.

+Mascis    4385

i always know when markus is town

i figured that we should kill crei night 1 cause he was low on markus' list and i wanted to try and shake that list up, maybe get him to take a second look at jazz

but mans had a heal darn

markus getting shot was good for us

eod on day 2 was a shit show

tyranno with the dumb fuckin note that he made up for no reason i wanted to kill him for doing that so i just said he was scum so that maybe when i flipped everyone would just ignore it maybe see tyranno as clean for some reason since i basically lied about what it was but then i realized after i died is that it was dumb as shit to acknowledge it in the first place

• Upvote 2

Jazz    4764
3 hours ago, JC. said:

Looking feedback on:

- Flavour. Does it need to be more direct? Did people enjoy it? I've already polled Markus and Sophocles about this, but more feedback is always good.

I liked the flavor but I didn't have time to read it on every vote count. Are you sure that's worthwhile? It seemed like you worked hard on it and I am not sure it was appreciated as much as it should have been when it was in the vote counts

My favorite time to read flavor is always on the EOD flip because there's no more posts happening for the next few hours

Jazz    4764

Thanks for hosting JC. You're one of my favorite hosts. You are good.

• Upvote 1

+JC.    4856
1 hour ago, Jazz said:

I liked the flavor but I didn't have time to read it on every vote count. Are you sure that's worthwhile? It seemed like you worked hard on it and I am not sure it was appreciated as much as it should have been when it was in the vote counts

My favorite time to read flavor is always on the EOD flip because there's no more posts happening for the next few hours

I did flavour during vote counts for a couple of reasons:

- it makes the theme a bigger part of the game

- it makes the flavour smaller, which means there was a chance people that would skip over a wall of flavour more likely to read it.

- it alleviates pressure to pre-write large flavour posts for the start and end, since flavour is provided throughout.

my original thinking was that several small posts throughout the day would be better than one big one, as people could read it as they go and/or read it all at the end of the day anyway.

however, if that system didn't work out, i can definitely tone down the flavour.

ngl the flavour was also a way for me to help define a world where i would likely do my next d&d game if i were sociable enough to keep a group of players, so i probably wrote more than others care to read. i'll tone it down for the next game and try to make it more relevant, i guess.

Faint    5722

Well, at least the flavour was good.

Fuck this game. Fuck any town that jumped on my obvious mislynch.

Posting a lot and clogging the thread is bad for town.

Pushing a lynch for literally 0 logical reason is bad for town, especially when the shitlogic is called out.

Soul reads are bad for town.

Jumping on a bandwagon as town because "I WANT TO HERO" or "IM SCARED OF JAZZ" is bad for town

Not revealing important info until the last second of the day phase (Silver) to influence the lynch is bad for town

Expecting people to give solid and accurate reads on day 1 is fucking stupid when there is nothing to go on

I wasnt around for EoD but it didnt matter what i wouldve said or done, jazz you would still have found an excuse to tunnell because you were convinced i was scum from pg 2. 

Honestly there is so much more i could say and im pretty salty, but whatever.

On to the next game.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Faint    5722

Its like someone had taken Jazz and replaces him with April 2017 mark on d1

Silver    1010
7 hours ago, JAPANESE GOBLIN said:

true but once youre below 10 people theres almost nothing you can do to extend game length so trying to abide by an arbitrary minimum creates some issues

monkey-01.jpg

Sophocles    2791
9 hours ago, little bug said:

slick we're getting better and better at it. one of these days, me and someone else are gonna perfectly town read eachother and that will be the literal downfall of scum. each time we get a little bit closer. this time we got it to work but it didn't work right alsoooooooooo malcolm shot me alsoooooooo i was kinda into getting mascis killed after that mislynch which would have led me to jazz. we got it down this time though.

it's literally fucking real though. it's absolutely real. it's no gimmick. it's possible. we just town read eachother then double team the thread. what if my confuse rei heal made 3 of us????? that would have been hot. shit i just want to obliterate scum this way. it'd be so beautiful.

and then one of you is scum because there is no reason not to emulate that behaviour if you're not town

hmm...

• Upvote 2

markus    2088

sorry to tell you this faint but you weren't doing yourself any favors. i don't think your opinion was so bad, but rather, the attitude/behavior you had during the game. had you argued more instead of dodging questions and dismissing arguments you would have been infinitely less scummy. you can say anything you want but at the end of the day that is still what you decided to do. you are not malcolm and you don't get any cute bonuses if you decide not to explain yourself and you look even worse for just saying stuff is bad. i don't care what you think is right or wrong, i don't care what rei thinks, you made yourself an easy lynch because of the way you decided to behave in game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

markus    2088

not entirely a soul read, btw would have killed jazz too. after him being wrong, i would have gone mascis, after mascis flip, i'd go jazz.

Sophocles    2791

I just went all-in on the ninja play because I really couldn't be bothered defending Tyranno's play. A bit lazy but game of subs is hard.

Too bad JC has 0 originality >:(

12 hours ago, JC. said:

Oh, also, I guess a question would be: 9 with 2 scum or 10/11 with 2 scum and a vig?

Why not just 10/11 with 3 scum and a vig though?

markus    2088
1 minute ago, Sophocles said:

Why not just 10/11 with 3 scum and a vig though?

this

markus    2088
5 hours ago, Faint said:

Well, at least the flavour was good.

Fuck this game. Fuck any town that jumped on my obvious mislynch.

Posting a lot and clogging the thread is bad for town.

Pushing a lynch for literally 0 logical reason is bad for town, especially when the shitlogic is called out.

Soul reads are bad for town.

Jumping on a bandwagon as town because "I WANT TO HERO" or "IM SCARED OF JAZZ" is bad for town

Not revealing important info until the last second of the day phase (Silver) to influence the lynch is bad for town

Expecting people to give solid and accurate reads on day 1 is fucking stupid when there is nothing to go on

I wasnt around for EoD but it didnt matter what i wouldve said or done, jazz you would still have found an excuse to tunnell because you were convinced i was scum from pg 2. 

Honestly there is so much more i could say and im pretty salty, but whatever.

On to the next game.

i didnt push a lynch for 0 logical reasons. they were all logical reasons.

soul reads can be good.

yeah those aren't the reasons though, there were good reasons.

i legit thought silver was lying about his role bc i didnt have a pm with him or know he was town.

you should go balls deep day 1 imo, especially with a self confirming role like mine. i had a jailor with a quicktopic, i could convince who i jailed that i was a jailor. i had my defense ready. i was 100% okay with being wrong.

you wouldn't have had to been around at EoD if you didn't make yourself look so scummy.

Faint    5722

if "logical reasons" boils down to "herp derp this guy is scum cos i say so despite all my arguments being successfully refuted" then sure it was logical reasons

confuse ray    4259

faint was not an easy lynch. If you had halgf a brain you could deduce he was town from how baseless Jazz's attacks on him were. not only that his responses were fine 

jazz wanted to be a hero and tunneled 

markus was lazy and hopped on 

• Upvote 1

+mark    3103

I don't think soul reads are necessarily bad. 

Sure explain them if you can, but in the end the game is about catching scum and reasoning is just a tool to find them and convince others, but it shouldn't be "reasoning+trying+activity = good play!" because then you're just playing a different game. You can make reads based off people's reads/voting patterns and esp townreads shouldn't really need too much explanation cause then scum can just copy those things and get townread for free etc. 

confuse rei    5680

faint was a very poor lynch but even if he didnt die to the lynch he'd die to the vig so rofl

• Upvote 1

+rei+    35453

Markus consider not ever playing again until you realize that killing someone for no reason is bad and you literally lose all justification a lynch would have brought because it was a fucking mislynch anyway - one that had I not died would have also gotten Jazz (who is terrible) killed. 

aren't soul reads basically just a scan softclaim anyway so it makes it even more frustrating when you get stupid about it? 

• Upvote 1