JC.

Mafia Statistics

+JC.    4853

Hey guys, during the last game I went back and decided to compile some statistics.

First off, I have compiled some statistics from our games since Multi Mafia, which I am roughly marking as the start of the current revival/era of DGz Mafia. I'm going to post most of the relevant info below, but here is a spreadsheet if you prefer it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSUeiSn5KoAB4k7io-BeytpvsujT-W0PtGFjqeRAUO7WPmxb727QrTk--9NuY9tinJNCunJCfIYUuGo/pubhtml

Below are a few rankings of the stats. Keep in mind that the following games are not counted:

D&D Mafia (Mod Error - Role imbalance)

Antag's Witch Hunt Mafia (Mod Error - Counted votes past the deadline resulting in a tie -> mark lynch)

Wonderland Mafia (Mod Error - Jabberwocky Imbalance; Game was also a """draw""")

Family Mafia (Mod Error - Incorrectly revealing setup information)

These values are totally arbitrary and please feel free to make jokes about me creating rankings that just put me near the top or how rei and Malcolm are D-Tier players.

Arbitrary Rankings One

Formula:

Score: (2.5* Win Percentage) + (0.5 * Games NKed) + (0.25 * Games Survived) - (0.5 * Games Lynched)

S Tier (>3)

iSlickz (4.426)

A Tier (<3)
The Beast (2.917)
Jazz (2.6)
JC (2.583)
PSK (2.5)

B Tier (<2.5)
Francis, Faint, ZeroPassion (2.33)
Malcolm (2.28)

C Tier (<2)
Gemstone (1.917)
confuse rei (1.75)
Nelrick (1.25)
The Antagonist (1.07)

D Tier (<1)

Solstice (0.1875)
Mascis (0.136)
SageRhapsody (0.5)

F Tier (<= 0):

rei (-0.113)

Mark (-0.1667)
Sophocles (-0.625)
Markus, TheGoldenTyranno (-0.679)
Broken Brilliance (-0.786)
Wunterslaus (-1.458)
Kahu (-1.5)
Silverdude (-3.25)

Arbitrary Rankings 2

Formula: Winrate

S Tier (>70%)

ZeroPassion (83%)
JC (83%)

A Tier (<70%)
Gemstone Mine (67%), The Beast (67%)
confuse rei (60%)

B Tier (<60%)
Jazz (55%)
Nelrick, SageRhapsody (50%)

C Tier (<50%)

iSlickz (47%)
rei (45%)
Mascis(45%)
TheGoldenTyranno, The Antagonist, Solstice, Markus (43%)
Wunterslaus (42%)
PSK (40%)

D Tier (< 40%)
Solstice (38%)
Mark, Markus, Faint (33%)
Malcolm (31%)

F Tier (< 30%)
Broken Brilliance (29%)
Sophocles (25%)

Underwood (22%)
Silverdude, Kahu (20%)

This is just a personal project I decided to do out of interest. I think that since mafia is a social game, the raw stats will always lie (e.g. malcolm's low placement). Slickz' "arbitrary rankings" are probably a much better approximation than this thread. I would be interested in finding ways to improve this and am open for feedback.

• Upvote 3

+JC.    4853

btw i know i have slight errors, like wunter has 12 games marked but 13 kills/survivals tallied. nothing should be egregious though. i'll probably make a 2.0 rankings and updated stats some time in the future after getting feedback

i want to bring attention to something else, though (and if i miscounted a bit here, let me know):

Family Mafia - Town* Wins
D&D Mafia 2.0 - Town Wins
DGz Mafia Mafia - Scum Wins
Pick Your Poison - Town Wins (Ends August 19th)
WWE - Scum Wins
Wonderland - Scum* Wins
Psych Ward - Scum Wins
Stranger Things - Scum Wins
Matrix6 (Solstice) - Scum Wins
Matrix6 (Tyranno) - Scum Wins
Ice Cream Mafia - Scum Wins
Nazi Mafia - Scum Wins
St. Louis Mafia - Scum Wins

Drunk Mafia - Town Wins (Ends April 17th)
Matrix6 (Mark) - Town Wins
Return from the Different Dimension - Town Wins
Game of Thrones - ScumB Wins
Who Pooped The Bed - Scum Wins
SSB64 - Scum Wins
Matrix6 (Sophocles) - Town Wins
Fuck You Mafia 3.0 - Scum Wins
Goat Mafia - Town Wins
Witch Hunt (Antagonist) - Scum* Wins
D&D Mafia - Town* Wins
Multi Mafia - Town Wins

Town Winrate: 40%

Town did not win a single game during the summer season. People criticize me for creating town-favoured games and this is the reason why. If you go back to 2015, you will see I made a similar post showing that town was also consistently losing. When a community is scum-favoured for several years, it is important to not lose track of that. Games like D&D Mafia are not the solution, but I think 'optimal balance' will favour scum here. I think the problem can be traced back to a lack of players that will post enough to project town and a failure of other players to be able to read them. As an extreme example, Wunterslaus has been lynched in approximately 60% of his games and left alive until the end in approximately 30% of his games. This is because he is, without fail, scum read or seen as a non-threat to the scum. And this is a player that has clearly shown the ability to identify scum. The failure comes entirely in lack of communication. In a social deduction game, you simply cannot get away with not being social. Players like iSlickz and Faint get nightkilled more often than Malcolm and rei do. This is because they (usually) talk. rei and Malcolm know how to play mafia, I'm sure of it, but they get lynched because it is irresponsible to expect a community to be able to read you when you are not communicating. Malcolm being a pro scum sniper does not matter when he is killed before being able to communicate it with the town and translate this into a win.

• Upvote 1

+Mascis    4385
8 hours ago, confuse ray said:

Bow before your one true king

My win % is 1 point higher so fuck the king 

markus    2087
8 hours ago, Wunterslaus said:

I love it that mark and markus have the same winrate:rolleyes:

Not any threats going on here, but legend has it, whoever includes us in the same sentence without specifically saying I am better than him in some way dies that night in a pool of their own blood and organs. Wouldn't want that to happen to you Wunter so I'd try not to say those types of things.

• Upvote 3

+rei+    35450

feel like not counting anon is bullshit

• Upvote 3

+JC.    4853
1 hour ago, rei said:

feel like not counting anon is bullshit

i mean i can if you would prefer it

+rei+    35450

do it

• Upvote 1