scuzzlebutt

A Brief History of Chaos Control

mark    3105

I don't think that's his side deck tbh

+Mascis    4563
10 hours ago, mmf said:

1) are you sure you should be playing 3 SDM 2 SWM as opposed to 1-2 SDM 3 SWM? how often do you really need to crash into airknight or attack over a kycoo?

2) there's no way siding asura is right. since when do we actually sidedeck for goat control the deck? when are we ever not just maining whatever we'd be siding in for that matchup?

3) same with the goat engine and ddwl, these are probably too good not to main

4) did you ever main skill drain in this or am i manufacturing memories? skill drain is a huge draw to this deck imo

5) it's worth noting that if you do keep the single DM, i think this is probably the version of chaos that can justify premature and call the most, since you kinda have an on-theme airknight-like thing that you can just discard to charity to set those cards up. SDM and SWM can activate their effects without DM/BB in deck though, so idk if the DM is worth keeping

6) fuck merchant, get paid

DarkMimicLV1-GLD5-EN-C-LE.png

1) the reason i max on sdm is because im memeing with dark magician and i want to pop my sdm for it as soon as possible. if my goal was to get the deck to a more competitive build, i would likely go 2-2. it's not really about having something to out an 18 or crash ak, it's about always having a monster to kill your opponent's non-tribute non-chaos monster

2 and 3) when i make decks like this the side deck is often just a pile of cards that i want to run mixed in with some side options. asura should absolutely be in the deck.

4) i probably sided it in once or twice

5) yes, but also idk why you are cutting prema / call in chaos to begin with. when they out your sorc you can just bring it back

6) mimic is cool, i wanted merchant because i don't really wanna draw dark magician obviously and merchant gets you to a spell / trap while also milling crappy sdm and swm to set up sorcs / bls

+scuzzlebutt    23501

prema and call are actually just terrible in most chaos decks, the main exception being possibly angel chaos because of all the plays they can set up outside of sorc, especially call. if you're playing prema and call for the sole purpose of reviving sorcs after they out them, you're playing your sorcs wrong to begin with. imo, airknight, prema, call, and merchant are an engine that you want to play as many pieces of as possible if you're playing any of the pieces at all.

one cool upside to mimic that i've become more aware of lately: you know when you open with diddly shit and some flip effects, and your opponent just starts beating your ass with a sangan? and you end up with like, a book or a saku down, and you're like, "i'm obviously not going to activate these," and you're opponent's like, "i'm obviously not gonna summon anything else," and so you end up taking like 4000 before finding some shitty answer like tsuk->noc? mimic takes care of situations like that for you, while also being a dark. BUT, if you decide you're not playing meta, which i now think is correct, i don't think mimic or merchant are better than dekoichi to begin with. just be careful to not get screwed by shining angel.

Brandis72    35

''BUT, if you decide you're not playing meta, which i now think is correct''

Oh... what could you possibly have played in it's stead?

Playing some kind of Turbo Chaos now?

I mean, Meta can be bricky and is arguably weaker than CS, but Turbo Chaos has been proven to just not be as good as Goat Control (unless the turbo player opens noticeably better) when both are being piloted properly.

Is your solution to just stick to Chaos Recruiter?

Edited by Brandis72

+scuzzlebutt    23501
2 hours ago, Brandis72 said:

''BUT, if you decide you're not playing meta, which i now think is correct''

Oh... what could you possibly have played in it's stead?

Playing some kind of Turbo Chaos now?

I mean, Meta can be bricky and is arguably weaker than CS, but Turbo Chaos has been proven to just not be as good as Goat Control (unless the turbo player opens noticeably better) when both are being piloted properly.

Is your solution to just stick to Chaos Recruiter?

i was talking about mascis's deck retard