Jazz

Cat Mafia Aftergame - Scum Wins

Jazz    5327

Btw did you guys notice the cover image for the scum chat was black and white photo of a cat reading a book titled "military strategy"?

Solstice    389
9 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Sol it's completely unreasonable that scum!faint wouldn't vote for town!sol when town!sol is voting for scum!faint regardless of Nelrick's activity

As scum he would leave the opportunity for his team to hammer because town!2k left the vote parked

This is getting absurd. You don't need to defend yourself for arguing that you could be Town, that is exactly what you should do as scum, and well done on your part for doing it successfully. 

But this is the aftergame thread, and if we continue to give credence to the idea that you "could" have been Town when it was extremely unlikely given the flips from faint and 2k along with their actions, then dgz town will not improve.

It's completely unreasonable that faint didn't leave his vote on a town for me and malcolm to hammer, but he didn't.  That point is moot.  I'm arguing to show that just because someone had a vote on them for a long period of time in mylo/lylo it does not automatically make them scum.  Yes it makes it far more likely, but not guaranteed.  I’ll break it down by each player specifically in regards to not being online with nelrick to show how a potential team could have failed to hammer. 

Faint left the thread an hour before nelrick posted, and never came back after he did.  Assuming the two of them couldn’t make it on at the same time to hammer is reasonable, especially with a third partner being need to actually hammer in this scenario.  

Wunter left the thread 2 hours before nelrick came to post, and didn’t get back until 4 hours after nelrick stopped posting.  Wunter was also not on at EOD to move votes with nelrick, as he stated he was leaving 3 hours before EOD.  Assuming lack of overlap to coordinate a hammer is reasonable.

Soph left the thread 3 hours before nelrick posted, and did not come back until 4 hours after nelrick stopped posting.  Soph was not on at EOD to move votes.  Assuming a lack of overlap to coordinate a hammer is reasonable.  

Malcolm left three and a half hours before nelrick showed up, and didn’t come back until five hours after nelrick stopped posting.  Malcom was not around for end of day, as he was even ignoring my questions of if he was there in the scum chat.  Assuming a lack of overlapping schedules to coordinate a hammer is reasonable.  

I was NOT 100% caught just cause 2k kept a vote on me for pretty much the whole day and flipped town.  Does it make me likely scum?  Yes.  But as that wall above should show you, it was not guaranteed.  If nelrick was active and posting when everyone else was then yes I would have been 100% outed, but that's not the case.  I'm arguing this because it's important for town to look for things like this.  Wunter should never have been the town vote.  It probably should have been me, but my point is there was also a case to be made for nelrick over me.  When something like that happens people should be trying to see if there were any other possible scum teams that could have been prevented from hammering by an inactive member.  Weigh how much sense any such possible teams make against the odds of said player (me in this case) being scum given their previous actions, and then determine the best vote from there.  Again the optimal vote was still probably me, but town didn't even try to go through this process, and I don't want them skipping over it the next time it comes up because there are times when town fails to get hammered because the scum team can't coordinate, even if the vote hung there for a really long time.  

»JC.    4973
3 hours ago, BuildTheWalia said:

I loved Mascis's playing of inventor and wanted to emulate that

It has been a while since a mafia post has made me go blind with rage so thanks for reminded me why I don't play this game.

• Upvote 4

Jazz    5327
16 minutes ago, Solstice said:

It's completely unreasonable that faint didn't leave his vote on a town for me and malcolm to hammer, but he didn't.  That point is moot.  I'm arguing to show that just because someone had a vote on them for a long period of time in mylo/lylo it does not automatically make them scum.  Yes it makes it far more likely, but not guaranteed.  I’ll break it down by each player specifically in regards to not being online with nelrick to show how a potential team could have failed to hammer. 

Faint left the thread an hour before nelrick posted, and never came back after he did.  Assuming the two of them couldn’t make it on at the same time to hammer is reasonable, especially with a third partner being need to actually hammer in this scenario.  

Wunter left the thread 2 hours before nelrick came to post, and didn’t get back until 4 hours after nelrick stopped posting.  Wunter was also not on at EOD to move votes with nelrick, as he stated he was leaving 3 hours before EOD.  Assuming lack of overlap to coordinate a hammer is reasonable.

Soph left the thread 3 hours before nelrick posted, and did not come back until 4 hours after nelrick stopped posting.  Soph was not on at EOD to move votes.  Assuming a lack of overlap to coordinate a hammer is reasonable.  

Malcolm left three and a half hours before nelrick showed up, and didn’t come back until five hours after nelrick stopped posting.  Malcom was not around for end of day, as he was even ignoring my questions of if he was there in the scum chat.  Assuming a lack of overlapping schedules to coordinate a hammer is reasonable.  

I was NOT 100% caught just cause 2k kept a vote on me for pretty much the whole day and flipped town.  Does it make me likely scum?  Yes.  But as that wall above should show you, it was not guaranteed.  If nelrick was active and posting when everyone else was then yes I would have been 100% outed, but that's not the case.  I'm arguing this because it's important for town to look for things like this.  Wunter should never have been the town vote.  It probably should have been me, but my point is there was also a case to be made for nelrick over me.  When something like that happens people should be trying to see if there were any other possible scum teams that could have been prevented from hammering by an inactive member.  Weigh how much sense any such possible teams make against the odds of said player (me in this case) being scum given their previous actions, and then determine the best vote from there.  Again the optimal vote was still probably me, but town didn't even try to go through this process, and I don't want them skipping over it the next time it comes up because there are times when town fails to get hammered because the scum team can't coordinate, even if the vote hung there for a really long time.  

You are glossing over the most important part. There is no good reason why scum!Faint wouldn't cross vote you when a townie already has been for 36 hours. That is literally the entire case.

The point about faint not voting for wunter is not equivalent, because wunter never had a town vote on him for even one second, while you had a town vote on you for 36 hours. Completely different.

All of this other stuff quite frankly doesn't matter. We don't care about wunter, malcolm, and nelrick's activities. We care about analyzing the play of confirmed (dead) scum.

Jazz    5327

Oh. Just remembered. People should be quicker to throw out votes at LYLO, especially when somebody already has a vote on them. Town almost got fucked because they were 'afraid of scum hammering' the person they were going to vote for, and then never voted for them...

Faint    5854

I mean i dont think i cam be blamed for falling asleep lmao thats just bad hosting timings ;)

Any feedback would be great

Jazz    5327
12 minutes ago, Faint said:

I mean i dont think i cam be blamed for falling asleep lmao thats just bad hosting timings ;)

Any feedback would be great

here's some feedback: vote for town before you go to bed lolz

Faint    5854
9 minutes ago, Jazz said:

here's some feedback: vote for town before you go to bed lolz

Yea id already resigned to dying haha :')

Faint    5854

Btw me shadowing and only interacting with wunter all game was entirely intentional. Because of our hostory i knew hed come after me at some point (especially if i went after him early on) and if he was successful and i flipped scum i wanted an obvious connection there so town would mislynch him straight after.

Shame it didnt haooen till lylo lol

Faint    5854

Yeah i absolutely shoukdve left a vote on town, i had meant to stay up for lylo which is why i didnt but qcvidently fell asleep

End days at 10pm uk time instead of 11pm please and thanks <3

Wunterslaus    225
10 hours ago, Jazz said:

No offense but I don't like this attitude

I still enjoy the games, but seeing everyone else getting cool roles and every game ending in a mislynch while I defend the fuck out of myself can get pretty frustrating

»PSK    4447

You are India!

Ability, tech support: Once per night, during the night phase, you can send me the name of a player.
If that player activated his ability and it got negated/redirected/blocked,
you will negate the negation and the ability will resolve normally.
You will be notified if your ability is successful. You cannot spam target.

You are a member of the Town.

You win when all mafia members are eliminated

U r huemanatee's grate-est hope. Plz halp. U r allwayz wachen us from da sealings so selec yer nite acshuns wizely.

Each night, you may target one player and protect them from other abilities and remove any ongoing effects, but not kills. Your target's own ability or item, if he has one, cannot be blocked.

You are aligned with the Benevolent Cats and you win when all the Malevolent Cats are eliminated.

shit fucking india 2: shit in the street

• Upvote 2

Faint    5854
2 hours ago, Wunterslaus said:

I still enjoy the games, but seeing everyone else getting cool roles and every game ending in a mislynch while I defend the fuck out of myself can get pretty frustrating

I mean its random dude

How many games in a row did i get town? So many a meme got made out of it lmao

»PSK    4447
3 hours ago, Wunterslaus said:

These are your roles over the last year:

Cat Mafia: VT 
Family Mafia: VT
DGZ Mafia: delays death to next day phase
Wonderland Mafia: Secret double vote
Psych Mafia: Mason
Stranger Things: VT
Matrix 6: Scum Goon
Matrix 6: VT (?)
Nazi Mafia: Scum. Can talk to player in QT each night. Can narrow Presidential vote to 2 candidates.
Matrix 14: VT 
Drunk Mafia: VT
GoT Mafia: Scum bomb
Matrix 6: Tracker
Fuck You Mafia: dies if votes on mislynch

15 games total. 6 VT. 8 total times having no ability regardless of alignment. 

Considering 33% of the games you entered were some form of matrix mafia, where the probability of rolling VT is higher, I think you have a pretty high rate of "cool" roles already. 

Wunterslaus    225
40 minutes ago, Faint said:

I mean its random dude

How many games in a row did i get town? So many a meme got made out of it lmao

I know it's random and I don't blame anyone for me rolling vt, but a change of path is welcome. I mean you'd also like to role scum once in a while.

5 minutes ago, PSK said:

These are your roles over the last year:

Cat Mafia: VT 
Family Mafia: VT
DGZ Mafia: delays death to next day phase
Wonderland Mafia: Secret double vote
Psych Mafia: Mason
Stranger Things: VT
Matrix 6: VT (?)
Nazi Mafia: Scum. Can talk to player in QT each night. Can narrow Presidential vote to 2 candidates.
Matrix 14: VT 
Drunk Mafia: VT
GoT Mafia: Scum bomb
Matrix 6: Tracker
Fuck You Mafia: dies if votes on mislynch

15 games total. 6 VT. 8 total times having no ability regardless of alignment. 

Considering 33% of the games you entered were some form of matrix mafia, where the probability of rolling VT is higher, I think you have a pretty high rate of "cool" roles already. 

If you call everything except VT a cool role then sure I roled enough cool roles. But roles like 'mason' or 'delaying your death' are not that cool in my eyes. I'm not nagging here because, like I said, I still enjoy the games but I'd like something 'cool' once in a while

»PSK    4447

yeh idk i guess just diff outlooks on the game. if i could be vt in every game ever that would be the dream. i think playing roles sucks because you have some sort of responsibility to stay alive and best use your ability where all i want to do is go ham and eat nks.  

Wunterslaus    225

I learn much more from being vt than when I have a cool role

Flacko    2143

>malcolm rolling scum

>expecting to win

pick one

Flacko    2143

don't let malcolm take the win, at least not by himself. do your own work. you can't be a lost little puppy following the big players around. try to pull some of the game yourself.

Flacko    2143

this next game i will play and expect me to whip out my giant cock with effort written all over it.

Flacko    2143

with the way the game was rolled town stood not a ghost of a chance with the amount of retards on board. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jazz    5327

Town had a pretty good chance to win and I actually think the teams were balanced

Flacko    2143

i misread the scum team for some reason and uhhh i guess u guys did drop the ball a bit.

Flacko    2143

JAZZ UR BACK ALREADY?

Faint    5854

This is a game of pretending markus posta dont exist

This game is such a better way of dgz

• Upvote 1